Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

would you donate money to a zOMG Kickstarter?

Hell Yeah!! 0.4 40.0% [ 6 ]
No Way!! 0.6 60.0% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 15 ]

Beloved Sex Symbol

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
So tonight has officially become one of the most upsetting nights ever. I'm not current like everyone else here but i just found out that zOMG has been officially shut down.

I was just on the phone with my boyfriend and we were talking about the good old days of Gaia where the market place wasn't so out of whack lol. Of course after talking about it a bit we started talking about zOMG. He wasn't really into it like i was but we both really enjoyed it. After talking i logged on to find that it has officially shut down sad

Like...what went wrong? Why isn't it a thing?

I remember back in 2008 getting that message about being selected for the beta. I went nuts! Everyone was killing to get in there to see what it was about. People sold their beta tickets for stupid amounts of gold. Now we don't have anything. No more gnomes and kokeshi dolls. No more Land Shark hunts and myths. No more boss raids sad its all very sad.

It needs to come back! There still so much to do in that game!! I dont want to unbind my rings!! I worked hard for my collecton!!! I know they are useless but there is no point in selling them either.

Someone should start a kickstarter! I know that i would definitely donate to it and im sure others would as well smile

I'm done rambling for now. I just needed a place to say what was on my mind. Im still upset but i feel a little better lol

Generous Decorator

13,075 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Festive Eye 50
Gaia has made it clear that kickstarters aren't an acceptable solution to zOMG!'s woes. They want the game to make a sustainable amount of money without them putting any effort into it.

TasteChaos's King

Duck

Like I said so often before
That's not what a kickstarter does.
A kickstarter is a way to gain funds to make a game.
It won't keep the game alive on long term, which is what zOMG! needed.
After a kickstarter the game is suppose to fund itself, zOMG! didn't do that.
So it would be pointless.
Plus, zOMG! could never gather enough money from a kickstarter, but that's a moot point anyway.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff