Welcome to Gaia! ::

Phantom

8,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Was wondering what you guys think the best ranged and melee rings are. I like to maul targets by switching between melee rings so i guess its more directed towards melee. But Having a ranged ring is always good i guess.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

Like any ring-choices in the game, it's very much situational.

Hack is the highest DPS (damage per second) ring in the game, and will do a lot of damage on a single target, especially at r4

Mantis is the second-highest DPS ring, and whilst it's damage per hit isn't as high, it's good for animated where you don't need to have those huge hits.

Slash is good for clustered groups, owing to it's area of effect (it can hit more than one thing, even at r1, and at r4 will damage a large area in front of you)

"3 swords" is a popular choice for most instances and areas, because whilst not always the number one most efficient choice, it certainly gets the job done pretty quickly with the high DPS of this ring set-up.

Ranged attacks are probably more useful as a solo player, enabling you to lure things over to you, or hit them whilst kiting (running around like an idiot xd )

Hunter's Bow has the longest range in game, though it's damage output is very low. It's good for getting the attention of one thing in the corner of the screen. Solar Rays, whilst not quite as long-range, does pretty much the same thing

Hot Foot is very versatile, with fairly good range, decent DPS (though not nearly as good as a melee ring) and the ability to have quite a large AoE when raged (whilst not unique in this, it has the largest AoE when raged of an otherwise single target ring). Something that's funky about it in a crew context is that you can see solar's light-up animation even with ring animations off, so if you're trying to mark out one thing to hit in a group, it's really easy to see.

Shark Attack has got a fairly short range for a ranged ring, but it also has quite a high damage per hit (though it doesn't perform as well in terms of DPS). Something else cool about it? It has an awesome animation at r4.

AoE rings (notably Fire Rain, Heavy Water Balloon and Dervish) are good for situations when you're surrounded by several animated, or you want to lure & finish off a few targets at once.

There's lots of other attack rings that I haven't covered. There's a situation in which you could find them useful- you can always give them a go!

As a solo player, you've got the freedom to try out different rings as you get them, you can see what works best for you.

In a crewing context, your leader may have preferences, or there may be optimal rings for an instance (for example, in DMS, AoE rings are hideously inefficient for Yellow Maze).

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Questionable Phantom

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Hornet's Nest is better than the rest

Hot-Foot is overrated and ugly

Beloved Elder

Zzyli
Ranged attacks are probably more useful as a solo player, enabling you to lure things over to you, or hit them whilst kiting (running around like an idiot xd )
Lots of good advice in that.

I just wanted to add the "swords + Hunter's Bow" or "swords + Solar" sets, which are currently the popular way to solo the gift boxes in Bassken. Just hide in a corner while the Night Patrol passes by, and snipe at the rearmost box. If done right, you will lure the rearmost box to you so you can kill it while its cohorts continue their patrol unaware.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
SmallTownGuy
Lots of good advice in that.

I just wanted to add the "swords + Hunter's Bow" or "swords + Solar" sets, which are currently the popular way to solo the gift boxes in Bassken. Just hide in a corner while the Night Patrol passes by, and snipe at the rearmost box. If done right, you will lure the rearmost box to you so you can kill it while its cohorts continue their patrol unaware.

Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

Night Patrol is a part of the game that I haven't really played with yet, but it certainly does sound useful as a tactic (no, seriously. I have less than 20 box kills and I think most of them are from Epic KJ spawns).

2 swords + ranged is pretty nice as a solo player. Or sometimes 2 swords + AoE. Of course, sometimes ring-drops are not kind to you at all. On my account which I am currently levelling, I got to CL 7 before a melee ring dropped for me & I was busy using my quest grants getting buffs. Sometimes, you just have to make-do. 3nodding

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Phantom

8,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
yeah im a solo player and currently using slash and mantis with solar with a low charge. I planned on using slash hack and mantis with fire rain and relying on a friend as medic and buffs. for ranged i was planning on using hunters bow shuriken or the guns. or all 3. but i guess ill go with the bow. I like range with a ranged attack Lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff