Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Shapeshifter

11,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
I was wondering why those without Gaia cash or with only like less then 50 cents GC can't buy zOMG items from places like back alley bargains with Gaia Gold and who made the regular gold shop stuff so expensive now? can you at least stop charging real money for the items made for the zOMG game? it seems a bit ridiculous to pay real cash for in game items that help players. and don't make like double orb deluxe outrageously priced. set it for a cartoon price like in the fishing shop. please? be more realistic and considerate to Gaia users? thank you.

and can you provide some rings from zOMG in Back alley bargain, NOT IN BUNDLES and NOT SOLD FOR GAIA CASH but for a REASONABLE Gold amount like for 1.0 cl starting cl levels a ...oh I don't know, 500k or something like that or with today's inflation make the rings like 1 mil in Gaia Gold. for example ...a hotfoot ring or gum shoe or shark attack or even a probability sphere ring for that amount so that it is REASONABLY priced for new players to get what they lack if they need that kind of a ring or have not gotten it otherwise.

I don't know who is manipulating the Gaia Cash amounts of the gold shops but a few years ago when something was made with better quality and placed in the gold shops for like 800 Gaia Gold the Gaia Cash amount (Gaia Cash you pay for with real money) was 1 cent basically. it was MUCH more reasonable. please make zOMG more fun again and update the Back Alley Bargains AT LEAST so that there is a REASONABLE GOLD amount for the items you currently only take Gaia Cash for? it makes new players not want to play zOMG at all and it is a fun game. thanks. much appreciation for fairness and good quality.

Dangerous Genius

Crowned Victorious
I was wondering why those without Gaia cash or with only like less then 50 cents GC can't buy zOMG items from places like back alley bargains with Gaia Gold and who made the regular gold shop stuff so expensive now? can you at least stop charging real money for the items made for the zOMG game? it seems a bit ridiculous to pay real cash for in game items that help players. and don't make like double orb deluxe outrageously priced. set it for a cartoon price like in the fishing shop. please? be more realistic and considerate to Gaia users? thank you.

and can you provide some rings from zOMG in Back alley bargain, NOT IN BUNDLES and NOT SOLD FOR GAIA CASH but for a REASONABLE Gold amount like for 1.0 cl starting cl levels a ...oh I don't know, 500k or something like that or with today's inflation make the rings like 1 mil in Gaia Gold. for example ...a hotfoot ring or gum shoe or shark attack or even a probability sphere ring for that amount so that it is REASONABLY priced for new players to get what they lack if they need that kind of a ring or have not gotten it otherwise.

I don't know who is manipulating the Gaia Cash amounts of the gold shops but a few years ago when something was made with better quality and placed in the gold shops for like 800 Gaia Gold the Gaia Cash amount (Gaia Cash you pay for with real money) was 1 cent basically. it was MUCH more reasonable. please make zOMG more fun again and update the Back Alley Bargains AT LEAST so that there is a REASONABLE GOLD amount for the items you currently only take Gaia Cash for? it makes new players not want to play zOMG at all and it is a fun game. thanks. much appreciation for fairness and good quality.

With all the basic rings available in the game for free, it doesn't make sense to put them in shops. What you see on the marketplace are those few rings that predated the soulbinding.

I think the heart of your issue is the obscene inflation caused by Gaia releasing all these gold-generating items. With people effectively buying gold from the cash shop, prices of everything have skyrocketed.

Blessed Shapeshifter

11,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
Thard_Verad
Crowned Victorious

With all the basic rings available in the game for free, it doesn't make sense to put them in shops. What you see on the marketplace are those few rings that predated the soulbinding.

I think the heart of your issue is the obscene inflation caused by Gaia releasing all these gold-generating items. With people effectively buying gold from the cash shop, prices of everything have skyrocketed.

actually I am well aware of the manipulation of the Gaia Cash versus the auction house which is supposed to be user run and that it clearly isn't and I was more or less making a plea because IF i have to pay in Gaia Gold for the items I want them available in the regular shops arena and not in the USER RUN auction house.

i does make sense to put them in the shop but for a reasonable price not an inflated one. one flat price. making everything like double orb items and ghi amps only on sale for Gaia Cash which is basically real money for cartoon items is not only ridiculous but websites that are making players pay real money for cartoon currencies are under heavy scrutiny now from the Federal trade commission and the Federal communications commission because it is no different then a type of online gambling when you make people pay real money for something that has no real world value. courts have been judging and ruling it as such but I don't want to see Gaia shut down. i want to see fun again I want to HAVE fun again and one easy simple solution is to offer things for Gaia GOLD as is the sites currency and not only buyable through Gaia Cash (real money) it not only ruins the fun but the enjoyment for every one.

consider this: is playing alone all that fun in a game that is SUPPOSED to be multi-player? the obvious answer is NO. how can a person that appears poor on the site have fun playing a game when your bank account is the only thing that defines you. zOMG is no different. make items available for people that either don't WANT to pay real money or can't for cartoon items. I mean come on, be reasonable and logical. make the game fun and not just for the controllers of the site but for EVERY ONE. it would be better advertisement for Gaia if they were reasonable then to have a bad reputation as con artists....if you get my drift and hopefully you get my point. it is much better reputation wise to make it fun than to make it a cash cow. zOMG is almost liek a ghost town because no body wants to keep paying real cash for something that SHOULD not cost anything to play. can't you be at least a LITTLE understanding?

Omnipresent Warlord

Crowned Victorious
Thard_Verad
Crowned Victorious

actually I am well aware of the manipulation of the Gaia Cash versus the auction house which is supposed to be user run and that it clearly isn't and I was more or less making a plea because IF i have to pay in Gaia Gold for the items I want them available in the regular shops arena and not in the USER RUN auction house.

i does make sense to put them in the shop but for a reasonable price not an inflated one. one flat price. making everything like double orb items and ghi amps only on sale for Gaia Cash which is basically real money for cartoon items is not only ridiculous but websites that are making players pay real money for cartoon currencies are under heavy scrutiny now from the Federal trade commission and the Federal communications commission because it is no different then a type of online gambling when you make people pay real money for something that has no real world value. courts have been judging and ruling it as such but I don't want to see Gaia shut down. i want to see fun again I want to HAVE fun again and one easy simple solution is to offer things for Gaia GOLD as is the sites currency and not only buyable through Gaia Cash (real money) it not only ruins the fun but the enjoyment for every one.

consider this: is playing alone all that fun in a game that is SUPPOSED to be multi-player? the obvious answer is NO. how can a person that appears poor on the site have fun playing a game when your bank account is the only thing that defines you. zOMG is no different. make items available for people that either don't WANT to pay real money or can't for cartoon items. I mean come on, be reasonable and logical. make the game fun and not just for the controllers of the site but for EVERY ONE. it would be better advertisement for Gaia if they were reasonable then to have a bad reputation as con artists....if you get my drift and hopefully you get my point. it is much better reputation wise to make it fun than to make it a cash cow. zOMG is almost liek a ghost town because no body wants to keep paying real cash for something that SHOULD not cost anything to play. can't you be at least a LITTLE understanding?

Numerous games allow you to buy items that only exist in a game and they don't get shut down for it, furthermore, Gaia has been doing it since 2003 by allowing people to pay money for monthly collectables.

You're also exaggerating like hell if you think you need to pay money into this game to do well or complete it when the original content was designed to be done without powerups/cash shop rings at all and DMS can be done without the use of any powerups and is now free when it wasn't when it was first released.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
If you really feel like you need to purchase power-ups, you can do gcash offers (depending on what region you're in) by clicking the little tree below your account info in the top right corner. I've recently been able to get 10-20 gcash per day just from watching videos.

Alien Lightbringer

ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry
If you really feel like you need to purchase power-ups, you can do gcash offers (depending on what region you're in) by clicking the little tree below your account info in the top right corner. I've recently been able to get 10-20 gcash per day just from watching videos.

lucky for US citisens, i am guessing. i got 4 gc this month which was more than i got all year so far. yay? :/
Omnileech
and DMS can be done without the use of any powerups

i yet have to experince a completely powerup and amp free bloodlust. invite me when this is happening? emotion_kirakira

inflation has happened. and the op is right that the powerup situation is driving players away. and if not that it's just ridiculously out of hand. and a gold solution might indeed help at this point, imo.

of course it is possible to gr without amps but honestly, if you were used to amping it feels like switching from mercedes to volkswagen. better bring some pot to enjoy the ride (not saying i don't like it, but sometimes you just wish it was as fast and elegant as it used to be)

about rings being buyable ehh.. i disagee. bad idea.

Blessed Shapeshifter

11,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
luze

lucky for US citisens, i am guessing. i got 4 gc this month which was more than i got all year so far. yay? :/
Omnileech

i yet have to experince a completely powerup and amp free bloodlust. invite me when this is happening? emotion_kirakira

inflation has happened. and the op is right that the powerup situation is driving players away. and if not that it's just ridiculously out of hand. and a gold solution might indeed help at this point, imo.

of course it is possible to gr without amps but honestly, if you were used to amping it feels like switching from mercedes to volkswagen. better bring some pot to enjoy the ride (not saying i don't like it, but sometimes you just wish it was as fast and elegant as it used to be)

well then why not make the rings GC buyable but make the amps and powerups purchasable with gold? but for the basic starting level rings they should be cheap. you don't get some much needed rings till later in the game anyhow but the powerups should be paid for using the sites currency which happens to be a fake gold currency. anyhow whether you use power ups or not, why punish those that do by making them off limits without real cash? that seems very .....dumb. very one sided. to me anyhow. i want to enjoy the site again. I don't want to be defined by how much I spend or don't spend on a web site. zOMG isn't real anyhow so why pay real money for it when 1: it's only playable online and not made into an actual video game and 2: it was free when it was in Beta mode...wait it still is in Beta mode.............................wow. 5 years later and it is still in beta mode???? or did i just imagine that?

Dangerous Genius

Omnileech
Crowned Victorious

making everything like double orb items and ghi amps only on sale for Gaia Cash which is basically real money for cartoon items is not only ridiculous but websites that are making players pay real money for cartoon currencies are under heavy scrutiny now from the Federal trade commission and the Federal communications commission because it is no different then a type of online gambling when you make people pay real money for something that has no real world value. courts have been judging and ruling it as such but I don't want to see Gaia shut down.

Numerous games allow you to buy items that only exist in a game and they don't get shut down for it, furthermore, Gaia has been doing it since 2003 by allowing people to pay money for monthly collectables.

Actually I think the OP has a point about the gambling thing. All these gold-generator items give a random amount of Gaia Gold in exchange for Cash. Even if you can't "lose" there's still an element of chance involved.

However I think this point of discussion falls a bit outside zOMG!...

Regarding making current GC-only items buyable with gold: I'm not sure how well the current marketplace economy can cope with that. For existing gold shops, items have a 60-gold-to-1-GC price ratio. Not that I'd object to powerups costing 5940 gold...

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Crowned Victorious
i want to enjoy the site again. I don't want to be defined by how much I spend or don't spend on a web site.

Gaia will get your wallet one way or another. You can do this the easy way or the hard way.

Alien Lightbringer

Crowned Victorious
luze

Omnileech

well then why not make the rings GC buyable but make the amps and powerups purchasable with gold? but for the basic starting level rings they should be cheap. you don't get some much needed rings till later in the game anyhow but the powerups should be paid for using the sites currency which happens to be a fake gold currency. anyhow whether you use power ups or not, why punish those that do by making them off limits without real cash? that seems very .....dumb. very one sided. to me anyhow. i want to enjoy the site again. I don't want to be defined by how much I spend or don't spend on a web site. zOMG isn't real anyhow so why pay real money for it when 1: it's only playable online and not made into an actual video game and 2: it was free when it was in Beta mode...wait it still is in Beta mode.............................wow. 5 years later and it is still in beta mode???? or did i just imagine that?

apart from those rings that certainly don't drop in game because they were event rings, rings should not be buyable at all because you can and will find them all in game over time. figuring out how to play with what you have is half the fun of playing. if rings were buyable it would unbalance the game, this has been an old discussion and there was a reason why they are all soulbound now.
however i would welcome the rerelease of event rings from time to time, no doubt.

it used to be possible to make enough gold by playing zomg to be able to buy powerups from the market place. i would call that balanced. but those times are gone now and that is the reason why we're understandably yearning for a solution. if powerups could be won in game somehow i am pretty sure there would be no need to look for a solution like selling them for gold in shops as well.

Dangerous Genius

luze

apart from those rings that certainly don't drop in game because they were event rings, rings should not be buyable at all because you can and will find them all in game over time. figuring out how to play with what you have is half the fun of playing. if rings were buyable it would unbalance the game, this has been an old discussion and there was a reason why they are all soulbound now.
however i would welcome the rerelease of event rings from time to time, no doubt.

it used to be possible to make enough gold by playing zomg to be able to buy powerups from the market place. i would call that balanced. but those times are gone now and that is the reason why we're understandably yearning for a solution. if powerups could be won in game somehow i am pretty sure there would be no need to look for a solution like selling them for gold in shops as well.

For powerups winnable in-game, I vote for a repeatable quest with a somewhat low chance of awarding a powerup. Maybe add it in the Old Aqueduct? Maybe a certain labtech could give you the quest? *coughFRANKcough*

Alien Lightbringer

Thard_Verad
luze

For powerups winnable in-game, I vote for a repeatable quest with a somewhat low chance of awarding a powerup. Maybe add it in the Old Aqueduct? Maybe a certain labtech could give you the quest? *coughFRANKcough*

that would make for some painful grinding but i would love to see aqueduct getting crowded with farming crews lol. sure would be something new smile
oh and isn't that the same quest with a supposed chance to win a ring of your choice? that's another solution for your ring question, op.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff