13,075 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Festive Eye 50
If The recent ATS is to be believed.

Quote:
Asexual Sex Goddess
Games

I noticed that some games aren't played as often (ELF, etc.)

Are you going to reduce the number of servers or just delete the main ones (Anime Cafe, etc) and just make it all user rooms for flashspaces? And will you take unpopular games down?

bluealaris
Gaia is long overdue for a bit of house cleaning. Many of our older games will probably get a facelift or re-invigorated. Some of them are glitched or have very old code, some beyond repair and we will address that as it comes. We're also looking into partnering with more games outside of GaiaOnline and adding new ones that will hopefully be more MMO in nature. We'll be sharing more details once we have working backends and graphics that we can preview

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/ask-the-staff-16-mar-2015-closed/t.96322781_284/#284

I'm personally concerned that if and when it does come around that it will suffer from Empire levels of "integration" to the point where there is very little meaning in it being here but I'm sure for many people, an mmo is an mmo right?

RandiHoney's Partner

Rainbow Lunatic

18,275 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
The Thaumaturge
If The recent ATS is to be believed.

Quote:
Asexual Sex Goddess
Games

I noticed that some games aren't played as often (ELF, etc.)

Are you going to reduce the number of servers or just delete the main ones (Anime Cafe, etc) and just make it all user rooms for flashspaces? And will you take unpopular games down?

bluealaris
Gaia is long overdue for a bit of house cleaning. Many of our older games will probably get a facelift or re-invigorated. Some of them are glitched or have very old code, some beyond repair and we will address that as it comes. We're also looking into partnering with more games outside of GaiaOnline and adding new ones that will hopefully be more MMO in nature. We'll be sharing more details once we have working backends and graphics that we can preview

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/ask-the-staff-16-mar-2015-closed/t.96322781_284/#284

I'm personally concerned that if and when it does come around that it will suffer from Empire levels of "integration" to the point where there is very little meaning in it being here but I'm sure for many people, an mmo is an mmo right?

Yeah, and I'm sure there are still people that think the flarking earth is flat.
No offense to anyone, but my feeling is that if its not a gaia game then why come on gaia to play it?
There are game websites that literally have thousands of these little flash in the pan flash games (pun semi intended.) why can't Gaia seek out one of these low end developers who would jump at the chance to partner up with and at the same time make a game for Gaia that is gaia.
All very rhetorical, i know.
Why can't they seek out... oh, i don't know User Image. or any number of users right here on site that have Proven that they can make Gaia games using the tools right at hand?
I just think the attitude they have thus far demonstrated toward the user base on here SUCKS!

HibiChika's Waifu

Lazy Marshmallow

47,000 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
Yay, more partnering with pre existing games that no one will care about on here.

Generous Decorator

13,075 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Festive Eye 50
Belinda Aster

Yeah, and I'm sure there are still people that think the flarking earth is flat.
No offense to anyone, but my feeling is that if its not a gaia game then why come on gaia to play it?
There are game websites that literally have thousands of these little flash in the pan flash games (pun semi intended.) why can't Gaia seek out one of these low end developers who would jump at the chance to partner up with and at the same time make a game for Gaia that is gaia.
All very rhetorical, i know.
Why can't they seek out... oh, i don't know User Image. or any number of users right here on site that have Proven that they can make Gaia games using the tools right at hand?
I just think the attitude they have thus far demonstrated toward the user base on here SUCKS!

I know what you mean. It'll probably just be another link to a game like what they did with Empire with no connection to your account whatsoever. But maybe Gaia can actually manage a proper integration this time? As for making a aprtner game I think the problem there is Gaia doesn't want to put any effort(even if it's just funding) into making a game anytime soon I'd imagine. xp

Ahaha! blaugh heart I only made the one silly flash game though. I have actually thought long and hard about how zOMG! was made and have been unable to figure it out. Especially the ability to resize the playing window and swapping panels at will.

Generous Decorator

13,075 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Festive Eye 50
Platonic Purple Panda
Yay, more partnering with pre existing games that no one will care about on here.

I fear that may end up being the case. Especially if there's no meaningful integration with your account. xp

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
The site is originally meant to just be a hang-out Forum site
While most MMOs today do have forums on their sites as well, it is usually just meant as a minor accompaniment to the game itself.
While Gaia does want to have an MMO on here to keep their users entertained, they don't want that to be the sole reason you're coming here.
Because if you spend all of your time on the MMO, then you most likely aren't interacting with the rest of the site...

I'm glad they're looking at bringing more games in, though it is a bit tacky that they are ones from other sites which really don't "match" with Gaia.
Re-making some of the pre-existing game (and maybe finally shutting down Towns 1) would be a better idea = 3 =

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Generous Decorator

13,075 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Festive Eye 50
Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
The site is originally meant to just be a hang-out Forum site
While most MMOs today do have forums on their sites as well, it is usually just meant as a minor accompaniment to the game itself.
While Gaia does want to have an MMO on here to keep their users entertained, they don't want that to be the sole reason you're coming here.
Because if you spend all of your time on the MMO, then you most likely aren't interacting with the rest of the site...

I'm glad they're looking at bringing more games in, though it is a bit tacky that they are ones from other sites which really don't "match" with Gaia.
Re-making some of the pre-existing game (and maybe finally shutting down Towns 1) would be a better idea = 3 =

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

It's true that Gaia is first and foremost a forum with a dressup feature but it was Gaia that set the bar high when they started making grand games so it's only natural people continue to expect that level of offering. And while it is also true that Gaia wouldn't want an mmo being the sole reason for people to be on this site it's also worth pointing out those people wouldn't even be here were it not for the mmo. In the end. Everyone contributes to the site whether or not they use its main features because they add value(by being friends and being available to play) to people who do use the site's main features.

I also definitely think reworking old games as opposed to bringing in unrelated new games would be the better idea. biggrin

Perfect Saint

zOMG's biggest draw for me was the fact we could use our avatars in the game and that we weren't class-restricted. I don't think I'll look to a new one without at least the first one.

Demonic Enchantress

27,450 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
Part of zOMG!'s draw was it's game-to-site integration. Like Myrielle said, our characters were our avis, allowing for character customization on a level that I've never seen on any other MMO ever. The world of zOMG! was gaia itself, the world that the site's storylines take place in. Our efforts in zOMG! were used on the main site, gold, items, formulas and the like

I dont think any partner game, however MMO-like it may be will have the same game-to-site integration that zOMG! had.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff