Welcome to Gaia! ::

ah HAH! so Q answered another question that we had, but inadvertently. You can use any ring at RR1 for free. I expected this to be the case, but it hadn't been expressly stated. So RR2 costs one rage point, RR3 costs 2, and RR4 costs 3. Excellent, that WAS something I had been wondering.

The 'other stat' associated with rings is the number of orbs infused. The number of orbs you have infused into a ring is more like the ring's 'level'. So the question is, Is there a cap on the number of orbs one can infuse into a ring?
Qixter posted in this thread yet he didn't even mention Charge Orbs? I find that strange.
yeah, odd. Unless maybe that mechanic has been changed?
Rage Rank has nothing to do with Orbs.

Orbs are for the Charge Level of the Ring only.

This is probably unclear, so let me give you a more concrete example:

Rage Rank increases the "base effect" of a ring's ability. Damage becomes more deadly, Heals repair more damage, Crowd Control effects (like sleep) have a better chance of putting the target to sleep. These multipliers are relatively small compared to the effect of Charge Level and are "tactical" in use during a combat, giving you a boost when you need it most.

Charge Level, on the other hand, increases the base effect of a ring by a much larger margin. Thus, if your rings average around CL 2.0, you can competently fight against monsters from monster level (ML) 1.5 - 3.0 (with 3.0 being a serious challenge). You wouldn't be able to boost your ring up that far by just using Rage to temporarily boost the ring's ability.

Think of "Charge Level" as your ring's "Experience Level" allowing you to fight tougher and tougher monsters on a continuing basis. Then think of Rage Rank as a temporary boost during combat, like swallowing a "power up" pill or something.

Make more sense now?
Customizability and specializing for the win.
Qixter
Rage is accumulated by pounding on monsters, and being pounded on BY monsters. It also accumulated when casting buffs, healing allies, etc.

In other words, you get Rage...lots of it...while you play.

EVERY ring has up to four Rage Ranks that can be used when activating the ring. To power a ring up beyond it's first rank (RR1), you have to click and hold the mouse button and *charge* up the ring. This is shown on a Rage Meter and as your Rage powers up to a desired point, you can release the mouse button at any time, launching that ring ability at whatever Rage Rank you powered the meter up to.

Okay...bad sentence structure, but do you get what I mean? Basically, Rage Ranks have *nothing* to do with experience. Every ring has rage ranks...it's up to you to decide when to use up your accumulated rage by using your ring at higher rage ranks.

Clear as mud? Or simply clear? Let me know!

Whoo Qixter You're The Number 1°!! xD

Distinct Warlord

Qixter
Rage Rank has nothing to do with Orbs.
Orbs are for the Charge Level of the Ring only.
This is probably unclear, so let me give you a more concrete example:
Rage Rank increases the "base effect" of a ring's ability. Damage becomes more deadly, Heals repair more damage, Crowd Control effects (like sleep) have a better chance of putting the target to sleep. These multipliers are relatively small compared to the effect of Charge Level and are "tactical" in use during a combat, giving you a boost when you need it most.
Charge Level, on the other hand, increases the base effect of a ring by a much larger margin. Thus, if your rings average around CL 2.0, you can competently fight against monsters from monster level (ML) 1.5 - 3.0 (with 3.0 being a serious challenge). You wouldn't be able to boost your ring up that far by just using Rage to temporarily boost the ring's ability.
Think of "Charge Level" as your ring's "Experience Level" allowing you to fight tougher and tougher monsters on a continuing basis. Then think of Rage Rank as a temporary boost during combat, like swallowing a "power up" pill or something.
Make more sense now?

Now It makes ^_^ Thanks. I did know this, but I wasn't sure. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas