Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Entrepreneur

It irritates me so much when I'm farming those little puffballs in Gnome Man's Land, and all of a sudden someone comes up and starts killing all the one's I've collected for my own mass killing. I confronted someone today and she was like, "Yeah, pretty much. That's what I do. Deal with it."
I hate people. evil

Ice-Cold Abomination

14,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
As there is no such thing as ownership of Animated, they are open game to anybody.

Just kill them efficiently and you won't have to worry about other people trying to horn in on your action.

Omnipresent Warlord

Epicly_Insane
It irritates me so much when I'm farming those little puffballs in Gnome Man's Land, and all of a sudden someone comes up and starts killing all the one's I've collected for my own mass killing. I confronted someone today and she was like, "Yeah, pretty much. That's what I do. Deal with it."
I hate people. evil

They're not your kills until the animated are dead. It's an open environment and the enemies respawn at a steady pace. You can't really expect to stake a claim of ownership.

Generous Rogue

10,900 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Though I do agree with what's been said above, I also completely understand how frustrating it is.

For example, certain quests require certain spawns,
like the garbage cans in Basken Lake, or the mushroom cannons in VG,
and those little buggers take forever to come back... xd
When I recently did those quests, it took me twice as long as it otherwise would have,
because someone kept coming up and taking out literally the last few HP on the ones I'd be slamming.

My best advice is either to pick areas where no one else is lurking,
or use the taunt ring in combo with something like duct tape or gumshoe,
to lure a bunch of animated away to an isolated zone and then wipe them all there.

Best of luck.

3nodding

Revington Rebel's Significant Otter

Tipsy Fatcat

10,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Kill the Animated before someone else does. Problem solved.

Hygienic Autobiographer

the way i see it is if someone's running with animated behind them..they need help! xDD

but that guy was just off his board !

High-functioning Lunatic

10,900 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hygienic 200
Epicly_Insane
I hate people. evil

Stop farming and play the game as it was intended...problem solved...

I see many a farmer in my travels throughout zOMG!, many, yes, I dare say MOST are rude as all get out. Kind of puts a damper on any new players' chances to actually enjoy the game when they come across the nasty ones as well. Possibly remember that next time someone 'Steals your kills'?

User Image

WitchyKit's Fangirl

Insane Villain

62,025 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Gazing into the Abyss 500
  • Abomination 100
Iraxi_Reelay
Though I do agree with what's been said above, I also completely understand how frustrating it is.

For example, certain quests require certain spawns,
like the garbage cans in Basken Lake, or the mushroom cannons in VG,
and those little buggers take forever to come back... xd
When I recently did those quests, it took me twice as long as it otherwise would have,
because someone kept coming up and taking out literally the last few HP on the ones I'd be slamming.

My best advice is either to pick areas where no one else is lurking,
or use the taunt ring in combo with something like duct tape or gumshoe,
to lure a bunch of animated away to an isolated zone and then wipe them all there.

Best of luck.

3nodding

For the garbage cans, they actually have a pretty fast respawn if you take the time to kill the all the fluffs that damaging it spawns (grass and carrion flower). But so long as one fluff spawned by the can remains the can itself won't respawn. So it's a lesson in cleaning up messes after yourself I guess.

As for the loot requiring quests, because of the way the loot computation table works I can see that being frustrating. But just try to keep a high luck stat (div r4, coy r4, fortune's favor, etc) and if soloing I recommend a really fast single target set like solar (not a ton of damage but done instantly), mantis (fastest recharge lowest stamina drain), hack (highest overall dps ring).

Shy Friend

maybe log into one of the less popular servers for your quest?
wink

Shady Bro

39,375 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Server jump, bruh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash