Welcome to Gaia! ::

Luring an epic beast to attack a funeral.

epic lulz 0.55882352941176 55.9% [ 19 ]
serious business. 0.44117647058824 44.1% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 34 ]
1 2 >

This subject makes me lol because I recently heard about an incident where a well known WoW player died and his guild decided to have an in game funeral.

.... Naturally the procession was ended when some one lured an epic beast all the way to ceremony resulting in internet wide lulz.

I was curious though if Q and the gang had given any thought to adding in game functionality to support these sort of things.

Or would that be better left to the Towns development team?

Err... Didn't Gaia out source for towns and homes? Does that mean they'd have to hire another company again or do they have the source code themselves and their own development staff?

Where would you rather have your internet marriage or funeral? MMO or towns?

..... Perhaps the MMO is meant to one day replace Towns?

OR PERHAPS SOME SORT OF MELDING PROCESS!

Quote:
Your software to my software. Open your ports and let us blend. We will be one program.

lol Vulcans.

What was I talking about?

OH RIGHT!

Weddings and funerals and the future of towns with the MMO.

I mean... Don't get me wrong, I understand towns isn't obsolete just because we get to beat stuff up, but wouldn't it be nice if they could seamlessly blend these two aspects together into one? It would give rise to opportunity to put your house somewhere other then Barton.
No thank you. I've seen a few threads about gaian marriages in the SF. I say leave it in rp. But hey that's just me.
Shimarr
No thank you. I've seen a few threads about gaian marriages in the SF. I say leave it in rp. But hey that's just me.

Why not?

I mean... You have considered the potential for lulz, yes?
Well if not, there's always Maplestory...
Redimus
Shimarr

Why not?

Why waste time and energy on a feature just for the "potential lulz"?
Shimarr
Redimus
Shimarr

Why not?

Why waste time and energy on a feature just for the "potential lulz"?

Oh Shimarr. I hope you're smarter then that. Otherwise we might have to take you out back and shoot you. biggrin

OBVIOUSLY the staff wouldn't implement this sort of thing for lulz! They would do so for potential gold sinks, the happiness of their average user (who is a silly 16 year old girl that likes the idea of playing pretend marriage on the internet with her pretend boyfriend whom she pretend loves) and to once again prove to the everlasting whining in the GCD that the staff really does listen to them.

Because as we all know the GCD is like Gaia's annoying overly insecure emo girlfriend.

I'm just saying cynical old trolls like me and hardened battle weary net wanderers like you should support this idea in hopes of one day doing something that might earn us our very own page in the encyclopedia dramatica.

Long-time Pumpkin

PG-13 funerals! YAY!~ 4laugh

Srsly, what were yah smokin' to think this up Red? 4laugh
Lolicon Jr

Not an original idea.

Private RO servers, some players worlds, various privately made MMOs, and RP heavy MU*s have been doing this sort of thing forever.

Besides, I don't need drugs to be creative. My mind runs on pure junk food and holiday left overs. heart

Long-time Pumpkin

Redimus
Lolicon Jr

Not an original idea.

Private RO servers, some players worlds, various privately made MMOs, and RP heavy MU*s have been doing this sort of thing forever.

Besides, I don't need drugs to be creative. My mind runs on pure junk food and holiday left overs. heart

Crappy idea still IMO 3nodding

I'll stick to sweet Mary Jane 3nodding

She's mah bestfriend!~ 4laugh
Hail to the Poison King...

I think the idea of Marriage isn't a good idea.

I mean the Personals was a perfectly reasonable idea.

And remember what happened to that?

I think this would be the same deal.

...For He is Merciless.
Herr Vergiften

...For He is Merciless.

err.... Hmm...

Well I suppose your point would be valid... If there wasn't an unwholesome variety of lingerie readily available for your avatar.

Whether its male or female. *shudders*

I think compared to that giving them a church to exchange fake vows in is fine.
Redimus
Herr Vergiften

...For He is Merciless.

err.... Hmm...

Well I suppose your point would be valid... If there wasn't an unwholesome variety of lingerie readily available for your avatar.

Whether its male of female. *shudders*

I think compared to that giving them a church to exchange fake vows in is fine.

Touche

...For He is Merciless.
I would LOVE that idea. I say no to funerals because it's kind of wrong in a way but punishing people for trying to marry someone they dont even see is what I call a barrel of fun and the lulz earned just from hearing the angered noob complain for hours and get all upset because you just ruined their PG-13 cyber-fest basicly is epic //(>_^)\b so yeah to crashing weddings!
Hmm..

Marriages would be nice. I would marry Qix and have a girl version of Q named Qixterjitsu.

Or....Consider that a joke, and marry a girlfriend/boyfriend you know irl?

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
I'd marry my girlfriends account in a heartbeat :3

I don't consider Gaia marriages to be bad... just possible for major laughability ;3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff