Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ring-fu was a personal level that kept people from equiping way to powerful rings right away.

Please keep that in place/bring it back. 0.17647058823529 17.6% [ 6 ]
If you're getting rid of that please provide character levels. 0.47058823529412 47.1% [ 16 ]
Whatever the devs make should be fine, I trust them implicitly 0.32352941176471 32.4% [ 11 ]
WHAT!? ARE YOU SERIOUS!? That sucks and now I don't want to play. 0.029411764705882 2.9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 34 ]
1 2 >

Qixter stated in a dead thread not to long ago that ring-fu was a thing of the past, and now we all know they are completely re-doing the ring system.

It sounds like they're getting rid of restrictions and making it to where anyone can equip any ring any time.

To me anyway....

Which is fine if they implement it right... However there is one question I think we bring up and let the moderators know our feelings about.

DO WE WANT PERSONAL LEVELS AND/OR IMPROVABLE STATS?

If they're completely redoing the system then now would be the time to voice our opinions most.

Whatever they do with the equipment do you want there to be personal character traits, attributes, or stats that are improvable over time?

Theres a poll at the top, and you can reply below. Feel free to tell us your opinion, why you feel the way you do, and propose ideas of your own on how this sort of thing might work.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
I'm sure they will have SOMETHING to keep people from using Uber-Rings.

Though I don't recall them saying they were gonna throw out Ring Fu, just changing the definitions or something.

At any rate, even if we lose Ring Fu, I'll still be calling my skills "Ring Fu."
Xiam

Though I don't recall them saying they were gonna throw out Ring Fu, just changing the definitions or something.

At any rate, even if we lose Ring Fu, I'll still be calling my skills "Ring Fu."

Same here. I will carry Ring Fu on in my heart.
Xiam

I think it'd be kinda cool to be able to use uber rings right off the bat with no ring-fu restrictions.
Redimus Prime 9
Xiam

I think it'd be kinda cool to be able to use uber rings right off the bat with no ring-fu restrictions.

But then richers would be able to buy uber powerful rings and use them even if they hardly play. It's kind of unfair.
Shimarr
Redimus Prime 9
Xiam

But then richers would be able to buy uber powerful rings and use them even if they hardly play. It's kind of unfair.

If PVP was going to be implemented right away and didn't require consent from all parties involved then I would care. Its not going to be like that though and personally i don't care if some one gets an advantage because they were willing to pay ridiculous amounts of gold for a ring they didn't feel like doing a quest for.
Redimus Prime 9
Shimarr
Redimus Prime 9
Xiam

If PVP was going to be implemented right away and didn't require consent from all parties involved then I would care. Its not going to be like that though and personally i don't care if some one gets an advantage because they were willing to pay ridiculous amounts of gold for a ring they didn't feel like doing a quest for.

But then the wealth could truly dominate the GBS. Didn't the Devs say they wanted to make it so that everything is fair? Having it so that you can use powerful rings right off the bat gives rich people an unfair advantage.
Shimarr
Redimus Prime 9
Shimarr
Redimus Prime 9
Xiam

But then the wealth could truly dominate the GBS. Didn't the Devs say they wanted to make it so that everything is fair? Having it so that you can use powerful rings right off the bat gives rich people an unfair advantage.

Didn't the admins say originality was really important in the item creation contest?

Didn't they say only the winning team would get a super secret special prize form the summer event?

What the devs, admins, or anyone else is really ever saying is "We're gonna do whats best for the site as a whole." and if that means letting people wear whatever rings they want for the battle system then they're gonna let people wear whatever rings they want for the battle system.
All we know about the new rules for sure is Ring Fu as a term is no more. However its existence in the first place says that the developers are quite aware of what can happen with no restrictions on item use.

Beyond that lets wait and see what the changes are before getting worked up.
Redimus Prime 9
Shimarr
Redimus Prime 9
Shimarr
Redimus Prime 9
Xiam

Didn't the admins say originality was really important in the item creation contest?

Didn't they say only the winning team would get a super secret special prize form the summer event?

What the devs, admins, or anyone else is really ever saying is "We're gonna do whats best for the site as a whole." and if that means letting people wear whatever rings they want for the battle system then they're gonna let people wear whatever rings they want for the battle system.

That still doesn't change the fact that it would be unfair and give people a head start. But if you want people to use very powerful ring right from the get go then ok. I just hope that whatever changes they are making they don't allow something like that.
heh, i dont even care about the skills i just want 2 play....but that wud be mean to let rich people have the uper advantage..

Blessed Gekko

I luv stats <3
If there are going to be personall levels, then a Final Fantasy Type gameplay would be convenient. It would allow players to edit their battle avatars to their likings, provide a great means of speacial effects. And would be great for slow PCs. Thia wouls really fit in with a level system.
I'm really happy with how the poll is going. I was fraid the third option would be considered sarcastic, its not, and its cool its getting as many votes as it is, and I'm also encouraged to see the last option still ignored. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff