Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Girl

Omnipresent Warlord

I'm usually pretty patient with crews but this drives me nuts.

Me: Before I assign does anyone have any buff or ring restrictions?
Crew: ... nobody says anything.

I assign the rings.

Someone doesn't bring the rings I asked. Or otherwise doesn't bring rings I assign or told them not to bring.

"I don't have that"

So then I have to reassign to the crew because some people can't answer a simple question. And then they do something like bring a second adren because they want to or don't want me assigning entire ring sets and I have to repeatedly tell them to get different rings and spend 10-20 minutes waiting on 1-2 people.

I can see why some people would rather save themselves the trouble and kick in those kind of situations even if I wouldn't.

Magical Girl

Omnileech
I'm usually pretty patient with crews but this drives me nuts.

Me: Before I assign does anyone have any buff or ring restrictions?
Crew: ... nobody says anything.

I assign the rings.

Someone doesn't bring the rings I asked. Or otherwise doesn't bring rings I assign or told them not to bring.

"I don't have that"

So then I have to reassign to the crew because some people can't answer a simple question. And then they do something like bring a second adren because they want to or don't want me assigning entire ring sets and I have to repeatedly tell them to get different rings and spend 10-20 minutes waiting on 1-2 people.

I can see why some people would rather save themselves the trouble and kick in those kind of situations even if I wouldn't.

Yes, and I find that rude. How'd you like it if someone kicked you because of that?

Maybe the people were AFK or they didn't know what you meant.

But yes, sometimes the crew just wants to cause trouble.

But I'm not talking about those kinds of people.

Tenacious Sage

I can't say much about the currents tanks/kites (who IMO just don't seem to care) but that kites that I know usually don't kick without reason. And no, I'm not saying the newbie is a reason. The only time I kick from crews is when they are really trying my patience since I came to have fun, not to get a migraine. And the only happens if they A) Deliberately ignore my instructions or B) Just don't do anything and seem to be more intent on holding things up than actually learning. And yes, if I'm not giving a heads up about their rings I will kick since I usually am not the pickiest when it comes to that, but I better know why you don't have Slash and put Bow in there. It is simple common courtesy after all.
Now there is a chance that you ran into a CL12 n00b, which are pretty common unfortunately.

Perfect Explorer

8,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Citizen 200
This is really a nice post, I feel the same way with the new in gr or what.
Everyone should read this and think. I mean really THINK.

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
this is what i'm for emotion_awesome
But in all seriousness, welcome to dms. I don't usually take that s**t in YM, like if the tank's being an a*****e, I'll chew them out and leave(I won't even leave my buffs twisted ) In GR, I will only stay if I know the kite, if I know how the kite is, or if they're new and learning. If I don't know them or if I know they're assholes that I don't like, I'll leave as soon as i get invited in.
It's pretty sad... I had a nice girl come up to me a few days ago saying how I was so sweet and how I was the only tank she saw that was actually nice and cared about the crew members.
It's sad and it makes me ashamed to be a part of this community with the amount of complete dicks there are.

Anxious Kitten

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Big Tipper 100
Girl you better preach~ talk2hand heart
Some people forget that ZOMG IS A GAME.
When you die, you come back. You're not going anywhere.
And everyone has to learn SOMEHOW.

Reli, remember that night I said I went with another crew?
The kite got mad cuz I was attacking other things lol
and the adrenner adrened EVERYTHING (literally nf, wolves, vamps first) so I couldn't ******** tell lmao
so I quit rolleyes

some people just suck balls lol rolleyes rolleyes

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
This is why I'm still around, or at least try to be. I want people to be able to find joy in the game that I had joy in as well, these types of tanks just aren't the type of tanks you need.

RevvRaptor's Fangirl

Toxic Garbage

I'm more than willing to teach newbies, but only if they actually listen.
I've had many noobs (note: noob and newbie is not the same thing) that won't listen.
The only time I've kicked someone is when I assign rings and they take something else,
go to DMS and start messing around. If you don't listen to me, then you're out.

There seems to be more noobs than newbies in DMS. They have hard time listening and doing what you tell them to do (for example kill this target first). When I started DMS I obeyed and listened, I had all my buffs and they all were CL10. I highly recommend getting all or most of the buffs and leveling them to CL 10 before DMS. That way you are well prepared and you have less trouble.

Also it's a good thing to read about DMS beforehand. Like what is in there and what are buffs and debuffs etc. Of course most of it you'll learn along the way. Some noobs have hard time asking if they don't know something - instead they just do stuff that may kill everyone. It's always recommended to ask if you don't know something.

That's all.

TasteChaos's King

Duck

I love to kite GR and I don't mind taking newbies into GR, or attuning someone.
But they also have to follow instructions, when i ask them to kill BD next en focus on a vamp, or start attacking whatever... When I take someone new to GR there I always tell them the killing order and I expect them to follow it. I also want them to amp, if they don't have amps and I have spare I sent them, but sometimes they don't even use them. I know there are some rotten tanks out there, but there are some rotten newbies too.

Salty Aggressor

I tell people to go level up the rest of their rings before trying to DMS. They generally understand and don't get butthurt and leave on their own...

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
I like how the OP tastefully ignores the fact that said "crew members" are potentially some of the worst people to try and teach.

I, like many others, will be patient to a fault. If I give instructions, I'd like them to be followed. I don't enjoy spending more than 20 minutes to assign rings and get the ball rolling in a run. When you have people that fight you about ring assignments, or purposefully take bad rings, then it becomes difficult to work around such things.

It's even more frustrating when you're trying to train/accomodate said newcomers and they look as if they literally just came from PS, and have nothing but AOE's for attacks.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Relinquished To Hell
Maybe the people were AFK or they didn't know what you meant.

If they were afk and didn't say anything, that's their problem, not the crew leader's. If they simply didn't know what you meant, they could've asked (again, their problem, not the leader's).

Peaceful Dabbler

9,725 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Streaker 200
Sorry but I can't agree to this post.
Sometimes it's just too frustrating to assign to a newbie who only has like 2 buffs at 10 and the incorrect ringset. Also, when you ask them something pertaining to their rings, they dont even reply after asking 3+ times (i've experienced this).
I'm all for teaching them but like 80% just don't listen for some unknown reason LOL

Magnetic Cat

I usually (when I tank, and I tank most of my runs) try to guide newbies through DMS (like, not explaining everything in detail, but making things clear, as rebuffing, attacking, how does it works, etc.) and the crew usually goes well (once I had a crew full of 10-10.8s and they were very good tbh).
But I hate when there's the kind of newbies that are like ¨I carry HWB because I like it¨. No. Just no. That kind of things piss me off. I try to explain them why you can't do it, and if they're still trying to go against it, I kick them

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff