Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Vampire

9,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Bookworm 100
I was browsing/playing with my phone awhile ago and I noticed that I tend to have alot of ideas bursting out especially in the middle of the night xd

The problem is, once I write it down sometimes, I tend to forget how the story goes.
I remember it when I dream then a new scene sort of adds to it xp

Lonely Genius

Try to think aloud and record it with your phone or a recorder, is a little difficult used to talk with something close your mouth because the nervous but you will learn to forget the 'thing' in your hand.

Kawaii Vampire

9,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Bookworm 100
Sharoque
Try to think aloud and record it with your phone or a recorder, is a little difficult used to talk with something close your mouth because the nervous but you will learn to forget the 'thing' in your hand.

Thank you :3
Sometimes a help can also be to write down the details of what you've seen. I've had that same thing happen where I dream about a scene from a story and I scramble to write it down, then I read it the next morning and scratch my head as to why I scribbled down about a whale-sized fish in a top hat and cane. My memory is usually redeemed by little details like the fact that it was on a space ship . . . with Tom Hanks . . . and the fish spoke with a northern English accent . . .

(Yes, that was a real dream I had. No, don't ask. I think it was the ice cream before bed . . .)

Anxious Punk

21,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Mark Twain 100
I always have a pen and notepad by my bed/in my handbag etc, so if I'm lying down in bed or if I'm out and about, I can write down any little ideas I have for stories. I hope this helps biggrin

Kawaii Vampire

9,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Bookworm 100
Kreepidoll
Sometimes a help can also be to write down the details of what you've seen. I've had that same thing happen where I dream about a scene from a story and I scramble to write it down, then I read it the next morning and scratch my head as to why I scribbled down about a whale-sized fish in a top hat and cane. My memory is usually redeemed by little details like the fact that it was on a space ship . . . with Tom Hanks . . . and the fish spoke with a northern English accent . . .

(Yes, that was a real dream I had. No, don't ask. I think it was the ice cream before bed . . .)

Thanks for the tip. That was a funny dream.

High-functioning Snowflake

10,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Firestarter 200
ReL-Coeli
I was browsing/playing with my phone awhile ago and I noticed that I tend to have alot of ideas bursting out especially in the middle of the night xd

The problem is, once I write it down sometimes, I tend to forget how the story goes.

This is a problem I've faced before. This is usually how I deal with it :

1. I write the scene that was in my mind, and I write down the point I want to make through the scene.

2. Since every story should start with characters, I think about the characters who were/ or could be the best choice of perspective on that scene

3. I try to think about how the characters came upon that scene or how they were involved. This gives me a chance to flesh them out with backstories and personalities.

4.I write down a profile of characters, and then start with the plot, or what would be the best plot through these characters. Remember, it's always characters first, plot second. If the characters aren't good enough, the plot would always feel fake or tacked-on.

5. I think of a general plot, keep adding subplots of layers to it. I mostly add subplots that would lead to character development. Don't add subplots that don't further characters.

6. I research the things necessary and put in the background characters.

7. I check the whole thing, and remove cliche's, or subvert the cliches.

Hope this helps.

Kawaii Vampire

9,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Bookworm 100
Vruez
ReL-Coeli

This is a problem I've faced before. This is usually how I deal with it :

1. I write the scene that was in my mind, and I write down the point I want to make through the scene.

2. Since every story should start with characters, I think about the characters who were/ or could be the best choice of perspective on that scene

3. I try to think about how the characters came upon that scene or how they were involved. This gives me a chance to flesh them out with backstories and personalities.

4.I write down a profile of characters, and then start with the plot, or what would be the best plot through these characters. Remember, it's always characters first, plot second. If the characters aren't good enough, the plot would always feel fake or tacked-on.

5. I think of a general plot, keep adding subplots of layers to it. I mostly add subplots that would lead to character development. Don't add subplots that don't further characters.

6. I research the things necessary and put in the background characters.

7. I check the whole thing, and remove cliche's, or subvert the cliches.

Hope this helps.

Thank you :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas