Welcome to Gaia! ::

You're welcome. Glad it helps. I love the travel speeds site as well. heart
Hallo, I have a question...
How much do you think it would cost to hire a hitman?
Huh. Most of this is guessing, but...

With any business, the idea is that the person paying you needs to help you break even with expenses on equipment, training, and transportation. So, a hitman probably would at least need to pay for--

-Guns
-Gun-cleaning equipment
-Poison, if he opts
-Gas
-Lockpicks, or some way of getting past security systems.

Also, the employer would be paying for the hitman's skill-- I mean, there probably aren't a lot of murderers for hire out there, so the hitman probably can charge whatever he wants.

I'm guessing somewhere in the thousands, but that's just a blind shot. Sorry that I couldn't get any closer.

9,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Pie For All! 300
I would guess somewhere over $5,000. My muse is whispering something in the $15,000's. *shrugs*
it would depend on the person, the location, the risks... stuff like that. A person in a small African village would be easier to kill off than a person in Seattle. And a person of power (drug overlord, president, and person in public eye) would be more difficult than an essentially unheard of/powerless person.

My guesses would be the low thousands for a moderate, average person (meh, 5000ish), 1000 and lower for essentially unheard of person in small village or farm town, and the bare minium of 10k up to six digits for a person in the public eye. if the hired hand really wants the guy out of the picture, you can even raise it to millions.

that would just be my guessed from watching coutless hostages movies xd

9,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Pie For All! 300
I have to agree with Lady_Brimstone.
*Not-espescially-subtle-bump.*
*Early-afternoon, wow-this-fell-to-page-three? bump.*

Kawaii Sage

Anyone know what language(s) was/were most widely spoken from about 1-1000 A.D.?

Kawaii Sage

*discreet "I-have-no-answer-yet" bump*
Weeel... that's a pretty broad time range, but I would guess it would be some form of Latin, as that was when the Roman Empire was in power. It was something of a universal at the time, because it linked countries by being the official language of the Roman Catholic Church-- people might not have been chatting in it at home, but it was used. Old English began to be used around 500 AD, when West Germanic invaders took over the British Isles, pushing the regional languages into the background.

This is all I can dredge up from a quick search, sorry if it's a bit off. I'm also sorry it took so long to respond. ^_^ Hope it helps.

Kawaii Sage

I was thinking something like that, but I wasn't entirely sure. And sorry about the broad time range...I swear, my current project is plotting to do me in gonk
No problem. Hope your project goes well.

Kawaii Sage

I just hope it doesn't kill me... gonk

9,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Pie For All! 300
Quote:
...I swear, my current project is plotting to do me in gonk

We all think that from time to time...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items