Welcome to Gaia! ::

Secret Kirari's Princess

Romantic Bard

22,300 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Marshmlow1

Oooh, based on that I might go with something along the lines of those televangelists that press their hands on people's heads and "heal" people, making them able to walk again, curing broken bones or diseases, etc. Within reason of course, but there have been many cases of people claiming to cure blindness or lameness. Maybe stick to physical ailments?

Premium Gaian

theramblinggirl
Marshmlow1

Oooh, based on that I might go with something along the lines of those televangelists that press their hands on people's heads and "heal" people, making them able to walk again, curing broken bones or diseases, etc. Within reason of course, but there have been many cases of people claiming to cure blindness or lameness. Maybe stick to physical ailments?

That's...Not a bad idea surprised I completely forgot about that ^__^ But I think I might add a little twist to it, like being able to also take back the healing the person did.

I just now thought of this, but what if, there was a small cost to tapping into the powers (not the age ones), like exhaustion. As in, can turn into severe exhaustion from over use.

Hilarious Lover

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100
Exhaustion to the point of death at times? Just a thought...

Secret Kirari's Princess

Romantic Bard

22,300 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Marshmlow1
That's...Not a bad idea surprised I completely forgot about that ^__^ But I think I might add a little twist to it, like being able to also take back the healing the person did.

I just now thought of this, but what if, there was a small cost to tapping into the powers (not the age ones), like exhaustion. As in, can turn into severe exhaustion from over use.

That sounds like a fair limitation to place.

I know in my own little world I've been building for a while there's a sort of rest system because they don't need to sleep, but those that use a lot of magic will use sleep to recharge. Magic likely exerts a large amount of energy, so it makes sense to have it tire someone out, especially if they're less experienced at using it.

10,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
In my first novel the protagonist is Shadow Delaney. He lives in a world where demons outnumber humans. They're segregated in most places. The demons are getting more privileges than the humans. (Better hospitals, schools, restaurants, etc.) Most humans don't think too highly of demons, and vice versa. But, Shadow wants to major in demonology and he's absolutely fascinated by them. What was once a demon only university finally opens its doors to human students. He's the first human to attend it.

Even though I already published this first novel, the real 'antagonist' doesn't have a name. A lot of my other characters have seemed 'evil', but really were just misunderstood. This guy seems different. He always seems to have a female assassin next to him. He loves to watch from the shadows, and do things without really being noticed. I've hinted that he's a 'Dark Healer'. In that world they are kind of the criminals of the underworld, tricksters, love to control people, and 'pollute' the mind. They tend to have 'dark' features, as well. (Most are really just misunderstood.) The opposite of them are Light Healers. They're kind of the police of the underworld, heal demons and humans (although they aren't as skilled with humans), educate, have special powers, etc. They have 'light' features. Anyways, he seems to know about Shadow specifically. He's been behind many 'incidents' in the story. No one, including the people who work for him, knows what he's really planning. I might make a sequel in the future, and might feature him a bit more. He's really creepy at the moment, though.
Some background: The story takes place in a futuristic sci-fi kind of world where automatons have been created and filled with artificial souls so they have their own thoughts, feelings, beliefs, though also have an underlying program that keeps them in check. Implanting a human's soul into an automaton is very much illegal

Protagonists:
- Merv: human, used to be special-ops, was discharged due to being found not mentally sound. He loves the 50s and fancies himself a hardboiled private eye. But in reality he's awkward, childish, and not too bright. But physically, few can compete and he's a loyal friend to have.

-Lars: once human, now automaton. He was a scientist, dying of a degenerative disease. He didn't want to die, so he created himself an automaton body. Unfortunately, while trying to implant his soul into it, there was a mess up and he ended up inside an old toaster. Merv found him and now Lars is the brains of their detective agency (though nobody can know that Merv isn't just a crazy guy who talks to his toaster). He's sarcastic and hates that he's stuck with Merv, but secretly has a grudging respect for him.

Antagonist:
Bianca Claybern a.k.a "Mr. Smith" - Heiress, granddaughter of the man who created the first artificial soul, her family owns a security company. She's ruthless, cold and calculating. She get's it from her grandfather, of course. But underneath the shell that has been ingrained in her from a young age, she really desires to improve the world around her and help people. So she has two different desires wrestling inside each other.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff