Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why do you hate celebrities?

DEY R HORZ N DESRV 2 DIE!11!1 0.10294117647059 10.3% [ 7 ]
They have all of this wealth but don't seem deserving of it, or to be doing anything at all worthwhile. Charity, for example. 0.27941176470588 27.9% [ 19 ]
I don't. They deserve as much respect as the next person. 0.61764705882353 61.8% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 68 ]
1 2 3 >

Yes, I had to remake this thread. Again. Stupid Gaiamonster. But meh, I guess people may have new opinions about this, so here goes.

WHY DO PEOPLE HATE CELEBRITIES?

1. H8 A CELEB?!!1?1!?1!?1oneoneone
You don't know them personally. All you've seen is a public persona, basically what they choose to let you see (which is sometimes not exactly what they are really like). Fine, if they did something like I dunno, kill your cat, but for the most part, all they've ever done is make a film or single that you didn't like. Is that really a reason to hate a celebrity?

Let me tell you a few golden rules of "not liking" a celebrity's work:

If you don't like their acting, don't watch their films.

If you don't like their songs, don't liten to their songs.

If you don't like how they look, don't look at them.

2. DEY R SLUTZ N DEY R HORZZZ?!1!?1!?11?!
She's a slut.

Right.

Let's have a look at this:
dictionary.com
slut Audio pronunciation of "slut" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (slt)
n.

1. A woman considered sexually promiscuous.
2. A woman prostitute

dictionary.com
whore Audio pronunciation of "whore" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h�r, hr)
n.

1. A prostitute.
2. A person considered sexually promiscuous.
3. A person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain.

intr.v. whored, whor�ing, whores

1. To associate or have sexual relations with prostitutes or a prostitute.
2. To accept payment in exchange for sexual relations.
3. To compromise one's principles for personal gain.

I can only hope you learnt something from reading that.

Now let's get something straight. You can't go around shouting about how they are whores. Do you have proof that they sell their bodies for cash? Do you have solid evidence to back your claims up that he/she is sexually promiscuous? And I mean solid evidence, not some shite you pulled from a gossip magazine.

Fine, you could say they dress like whores, since they wear revealing outfits a lot of the time. But if you think about it (asking a lot?), they dress that way because they're comfortable with their bodies, and with their sexuality. Isn't that a good thing?

'If you got it, flaunt it.'

And don't even try to tell me that if you had it, you wouldn't flaunt it in some way. If you were in Britney's shoes, would you go on stage during your tour (each performance lasting god knows how many hours) wearing a chunky Jumper and cords?

Would you hell.

Most of the time, these outfits are costumes. In her videos. I've never actually seen a picture of any celebrity worth mentioning where they look like something you'd find on a street corner.

3. DETH THRETZ!!!?!1!?1!?1!1oneon
Now there are a select few who wish death on celebrities. Your reasons are too pathetic to list here.

I think you should all be disgusted with yourselves. It's bad enough when you hope someone you know will die, but when you don't even know this person?

Case in question: The Olsen twin who suffered from the Eating Disorder. Yes, it was ages ago, but it was when I first came to this forum. I was shocked, and apalled to see a thread titled: "Hehe, that Olsen has anorexia". Inside, people were laughing about this as if it was the funniest thing in the world. Some were saying they wish that her and her twin had died.

And before you use the "well they won't ever see it" argument, you think that means they won't know? Someone who knows the twins might read it, even if the twins don't.

People, don't you have morals? Don't you care that these people are human beings too? Don't you feel bad at all, when you pick on someone who is blatantly ill and needs support to get over this mental illness?

What if the boot was on the other foot and YOU were in her position. How would you feel if hundreds of thousands of people were saying they hate you, a lot of which hope you die from Anorexia, probably brought on by the fact that the public "only like slim celebrities"?

Also, people who make assumptions about Britney's ability as a mother? Get a ******** life. rolleyes

Neither of us knows whether Britney will be a good mother or not. Assuming that she'd be a s**t mother because "she iz liek, a totla hor" makes YOU look like a moron (which, in some cases, I'm sure is right.). Personally, I think she'll be a brilliant mother. The kid will never want for anything, and will learn a lot about life rather quickly.

In the end, I think the burning hatred for certain celebrities stems from jealousy. They have money. They have fame. They have fans worldwide and you can't stand that. You can only ever dream of what they have and it drives you nuts.
surprised
surprised
Last one. n_n
I think that it is stupid to hate a celebrity. I have been 'walking around here in the entertaiment forums' the past three days and have read that people hate Tom Cruise. and frankly I dont get why. because he's found love? shouldnt we be happy for him and Katie? whenever someone finds a bit of happieness someone else comes and destroy it..and the thing about the water, I mean wouldnt you be upset if that happened to you? it is all stupid..I mean, I like Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. they are both very good actors/actress...
fourfingers
I think that it is stupid to hate a celebrity. I have been 'walking around here in the entertaiment forums' the past three days and have read that people hate Tom Cruise. and frankly I dont get why. because he's found love? shouldnt we be happy for him and Katie? whenever someone finds a bit of happieness someone else comes and destroy it..and the thing about the water, I mean wouldnt you be upset if that happened to you? it is all stupid..I mean, I like Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. they are both very good actors/actress...

Personally, I don't like Katie Holmes or Tom Cruise (though I like his movies), and to me, their relationship seems a bit fake. But it's their business, not mine, so there's no reason for me to hate them for it. D:

The water thing... I wouldn't be angry, no, but that's because I probably wouldn't have been on the red carpet giving a speech. If I was in his shoes, I probably would have decked the b***h. D<
Isaviel
fourfingers

Personally, I don't like Katie Holmes or Tom Cruise (though I like his movies), and to me, their relationship seems a bit fake. But it's their business, not mine, so there's no reason for me to hate them for it. D:

The water thing... I wouldn't be angry, no, but that's because I probably wouldn't have been on the red carpet giving a speech. If I was in his shoes, I probably would have decked the b***h. D<

but he cant do that because of all s**t that is bveing said about him you know, I dnt really care weather their relationship is fake or not, they seem happy
I myself don't hate celebrities, it's just theres' some of them that have gotten way too much attention and really don't need to be heard from again, i.e. Paris Hilton, that stupid bug-eyed runaway bride ( Why did NBC give her a special?).
@TroziPudenzi: Hmm. See, Paris annoys me, but she's done nothing to warrant my hating her. It's not like she skinned my cat alive to make a coat for her freaky little dog.

3,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Clambake 200
All of my hate stems from one of the follow things:
- they said something to affend me
- I'm just plain tired of hearing about them

I'm not dense enough to be jealous of these people, I also see the downside of what being rich and famous is. So I don't envy them at all.

Adding on to your death threats part:
Some celebrities from time to time will get bored and google themselves. There's a strong chance they could find them that way. This one guy, Will Forte, found himself at a site that talked about how annoying he was. Someother guy, whom I can't remember his name, found himself in a forum though he didn't specify which one. Everyone in it was talking about how ugly, to what degree, he was. I'm sure that's VERY hurtful to find.
Lock It
All of my hate stems from one of the follow things:
- they said something to affend me
- I'm just plain tired of hearing about them

I'm not dense enough to be jealous of these people, I also see the downside of what being rich and famous is. So I don't envy them at all.

Adding on to your death threats part:
Some celebrities from time to time will get bored and google themselves. There's a strong chance they could find them that way. This one guy, Will Forte, found himself at a site that talked about how annoying he was. Someother guy, whom I can't remember his name, found himself in a forum though he didn't specify which one. Everyone in it was talking about how ugly, to what degree, he was. I'm sure that's VERY hurtful to find.

When you say they have offended you, what kind of thing are you talking about?

And I hear about the Will Forte thing. sad It must be horrible to see that kind of thing written about you.
I don't really hate any celebrity, though I may say I do. The thing is, I get so annoyed by certain individuals. I can't really agree with Isaviel about not watching movies/music or anything related to the celebrity. I mean, some of them have good movies, despite the fact they're in it. For instance, I dislike Amy Poehler and Will Ferrell especially with a burning passion, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to watch Saturday Night Livefor AnaI may dislike Tom Cruise with everything in my whole existence, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to see War of the Worlds. It looks like an excellent movie, actually. I guess it's really somebody's opinion what they want to do about "hating" a certain celebrity. If they just don't want anything to do with them at all, then I guess they should just leave everything alone. Look at it this way, nobody gets what they want, so the celeb is probably going to pop up everywhere anyway, no matter what. I just deal with it and keep my feelings to myself.
End.
I dont hate any celebrities. In fact, I often find myself defending Paris Hilton. d:

The only celebrity I dislike would be Tom Cruise. And I dont make rants about how I dont like him, I just think hes crazy, and thats that.
Crazy is one word, yes... Dx razz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces