Welcome to Gaia! ::

wharz 'lari?

lariz ded. lolol. (THIS IS THE WRONG ANSWER.) 0.18987341772152 19.0% [ 15 ]
she b goin 2 tulane univrsti 2 drwon ina hurikain. 0.18987341772152 19.0% [ 15 ]
she b gotz a man nao 0.075949367088608 7.6% [ 6 ]
all o demz xcept nummer 1. 0.54430379746835 54.4% [ 43 ]
Total Votes:[ 79 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 1144 1145 1146 > >> >>> »|

User Image

Aight dudes. This isnt gonna be a surprise, or anything.

I've moved on.

Catch me on msn or aim if you want to talk.

Alarimng - aim
ashabouk@hotmail.com - msn

Table of Contents
1. You are here.
2. Introduction
3. The ever important rules
4. Current Quest
5. Waiting List
6. Donators
7. Charity History
8. Give-aways
9. Banners
10. Affiliates
11. Important People
12. Achieved Items
13. Frequently Asked Questions
14. Needs and Talks
User Image

Welcome to The Giving Tree! Consider us a quest thread for you. We can help you get your quest done in half the time. If you want to know how we work, just check out the rules!

If that doesn't clear up your questions, the FAQ is at your disposal. Should you have any additional questions, just voice them, and we'll answer them as best we can!

As to the background of the Giving Tree. On March 1st, 2004, [Alari] made a thread to secretly quest for an expensive skirt for a friend. After that one item, [Alari] realized that she loved helping people, so she expanded the quest thread into a Charity thread. She started out helping people quest for the Nitemare Headband, and Were Tail.

She quickly came to the conclusion that she needed an organized Charity thread, so she moved to a new thread. At that new thread, she acquired a sister charity through her close friend Versipellis... called The Giving Branch. Together, The Giving Tree and The Giving Branch worked through people's requests until the archiving glitch took out both threads.

So now, The Giving Tree and The Giving Branch Charities are moved to new threads, where they will hopefully stay for a while.

This is the mule of The Giving Tree.

User Image
Boy of the Tree

To donate to The Giving Tree: User Image

To send a message to The Giving Tree for any of the allowed reasons: User Image

If you visit The Giving Branch, please support Versipellis as much as you support [Alari]. Thank you!

User Image
User Image

(Because we're too cool for 10.)

1. Thou shalt obey Gaia's Terms of Service.

2. Thou shalt not request until there is an announcement to do so. We will have forms available then, so please do not make up your own or use information from the Current Quest post.

3. Thou shalt not advertise, spam, or beg.

4. When requesting, thou shalt have at least 500 posts to your name.

5. If your item costs 20k or more, thou shalt have a quest thread that is at least a week old AND 10 pages long. The better your thread looks, the happier we'll be!

6. Thou shalt have 15% of the item's worth before you apply for help with that item.

7. For multi-item quests, thou shalt work on the item you requested rather than something else. If you achieve that item before we get to you, we will gladly help you with an item of equal or lesser value.

8. Thou shalt not change your item in the middle of your quest while we're helping you.

9. Thou shalt not PM us unless you would like to be our affiliate. We will be doing the PMing. If your quest is up next, we will PM you, but you will lose your spot on the waiting list if you don't reply within 5 days!

10. If there are people around, thou shalt not post just "bump," but thou shalt converse! If and only if no one is around canst thou bump.

11. THOU SHALT READ THE WHOLE FRONT PAGE! If you don't, you might miss something important. rolleyes
User Image

No quests! But you should give [Alari] a Fresh Grass Skirt. :3

3nodding

Ignore all the following stuff. It's for Alari, and Alari alone. NO ONE ELSE. Instant rejection for future quests if you use it for anything.

Questor:

Item:

Item Cost:

Questor's Current offer:

Items worth

Total:

Money/Items raised by The Tree:

Total:

Grand Total:
(Questor's Offer + Charity items and gold)

History Of Quest:

Quest Thread:

User Image

This is the waiting list of the quests that the Tree will help. This is for the Tree's reference only, so do not spend a lot of time here. n_~ There are better posts to look at.

~~

Kuarri - Fairy Wings
2. Tamasaki Leiko - Angelic Scarf
3. KookyKittyKat - Fairy Wings
4. Jezminda - Nitemare Scarf

[Made up of several smaller quests]
a)
Lise - White leather belt / White class shirt
b) RabidNozomi - Sacred Leaf
c) Pyrolith - Soldat Hat
d) Wasted-Necro - REBEL YELLO! Bottled Cooler
User Image

Without donators, this charity would be nothing. Unfortunately, due to the archiving glitch, we can't see who donated before. But thank you so much if you did! Please donate again. <3

Dark Red means that the donation is going to the current quest.
~~

Adim - 1170 gold
Arekuchan - 8,000 gold eek
Chairity for Charities - 18,000 gold heart
Charity For Charities - 2500 gold + Spirited Shirt + 4000 gold
Chocohearts - 15,000 gold heart
[[ in this sweet madness - 3,000 gold
Kou Tatsuwaeru - 5000 gold + 5000 gold heart
Ky1x - 3000 gold heart
[Malicious_Des - Rough Blue Jeans, Rough Black Jeans, Burnt Umber Sweater heart
Milorganite - 10061 gold eek
Negaduck - 2,500 gold! heart
Serge Yaki - 440 gold + Nitemare Claws
Skullzy - 13479 gold eek
Wipples - 2 gold
Yuzi_k - Kiki Kitty Plushie cool

~~

Charity Pets monthy income:
February: 500 gold
April/May: 800 gold
User Image

January 29, 2007 - I, Alari, have decided that I'm done with Gaia, so as of rightthisminute, Chocohearts has full control of my account and this thread. So if you see me online, it's going to be him, and not me. <3 Unless of course a blue moon rises and I come back to see how things are going. Sorry to leave you all in the lurch like that, but Gaia just got less and less fun for me. ;v Please contact me on msn (ashabouk@hotmail.com) or aim (alarimng), if you want to talk. ; ; <3jenjames x sideways8.

August 16, 2006 - We start a contest to try and find a good name for the merged Tree and Branch. ;x 2k to the winner!

August 6, 2006 - PAGE 1k. Degenerate Girl and Autumn_fury win fonkee things because they were the winning posts!

July 22, 2006 - Well, here goes nothing... I'm sorry for the dissapearing act I pulled for so long, but I'm here. I know, I know... why should you trust me? I said I'd be back like 3 other times. But for real. I've had a few revelations as of late, and not only did I realize that the Tree is a really worthwhile cause, but I'd been a blister, complaining that no one appreciates me. Well, whatever. Who would, when I'd been acting like a twerp? I want to get back in the swing of things. I had so many close friends on gaia, and now I feel really alienated, and it's my own damned fault. I'm through being an immature b***h, and I apologize for the way I acted. :/

June 6, 2006 - Oh dear. Devil day. And also, Tree is currently raising funds. Sooo.. donate?

March 23, 2006 - Jezminda achieves her Nitemare Scarf! whee! List is finished!

March 7, 2006 - Tasmanian Tiger got the winning post on page 750! She wins... some stuff!

March 1, 2006
- It's the Giving Tree's SECOND Birthday!!!! Happy Birthday, Tree! <333333333

February 27, 2006 - We've begun working on the Nitemare Scarf quest for Jezminda. :3 Goody!

February 20, 2006 - Leiko bought her Angelic Scarf for 618.5k! YES. BARGAIN. XD <3

February 9, 2006 - We've begun to work on the Angelic Scarf quest for Tama! Hurrah!

February 2, 2006 - Happy Groundhog's day! <333 There should be an event or something to celebrate the end of winter. (like we didn't know that it was coming. YEA 60 degree weather!) But I jest. We're getting the small items done, and should be able to start the large ones by saturday! At latest!

January 30, 2006 - The waiting list has been chosen, and Alarichan is now completely back! <3 @ Choco, who will continue to help! We love him to bits.

January 29, 2006 - Leiko posted 12th on page 500! She got an xmas gift from Ian! <3

January 24, 2006 - Requests open again, with much trepidation on our part! And Alarichan's life has settled, so she finds that she has more time for Gaia. Oh happy day!

January 16ish, 2006 - Sadly, Allie (Alarichan) has decided that Real Life needs to take more of her time every day... and she felt that Gaia was the right thing to sacrifice. So, from now on, the Alarichan and Boy of the Tree accounts, as well as the Giving Tree, are under the care and control of ChocoHearts.<3

September 20, 2005 - Alarichan gets off of her MMO, and back into the swing of Gaian things. Yay! You'll see her a LOT more around the Tree and Branch now. Oh yea, and Alari updated the front page.

August 21, 2005 - Alarichan returns from PA.
*And is sad about it*

July 18, 2005 - The Giving Tree completes it's first waiting list on the new thread! Yay! Cause for celebration!

July 14, 2005 - Teph posted 3rd on page 300! She got a Sea Green Sports Vest. <33

July 4, 2005 - Ky1x posted first on page 200! She got a full V-pin. <33

June 5, 2005 - The Giving Tree has reopened in a new thread, after losing all of it's old posts in the archiving problem.

April 13, 2005 - The Giving Tree and The Giving Branch move into a temporary thread due to the archiving problem!

April 29, 2004 - The Giving Tree moves to it's second thread.

March 1, 2004 - Alarichan created The Giving Tree with nothing but 4k and her love. <3

User Image

This post is for when Alarichan feels that something major has been achieved, or if she just feels like giving. Keep checking back to this post to see how to participate in the give-aways. <3

There will be certain guidelines to follow, be sure you do not break any of them! Thanks you.
~~

Merged Charity Name Contest:
Winner gets 2k.

*updated 8/20, page 1082*
exclaim Versi and Alari will be weeding out the suggestions that they dont like for the charity sometime this weekend. So if you see that some/all of your suggestions aren't up, that doesn't mean we forgot you.

Participants;

Quote:
Name: Pissed off poptart
Try number: 1~!
Proposed Charity Name: The Giving Orchard

Quote:
Name: Rabid Nozomi
Try number: 3rd
Proposed Charity Name: The Benevolent Jungle

Quote:

Name: Co-Co-Cola
Try number: #1
Proposed Charity Name: The Apples of Eve ::A Charity::

Quote:
Name: eLsWiFeY
Try number: 1
Proposed Charity Name: The Giving Mana

LAWL this one will win.
Name: Flea
Try number: 1
Proposed Charity Name: Flea pwns liekwhoa

!
Name: Rabid Nozomi
Try number: 4th
Proposed Charity Name: The Benevolent Bamboo Grove

User Image

YES we have banners. Use them to link us, because thats what you do with banners! cool

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/78do4][img]http://tinyurl.com/aoa2a[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/78do4][img]http://tinyurl.com/92jm4[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/78do4][img]http://tinyurl.com/bqu7q[/img][/url]

Thanks to C WP!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[url=http://tinyurl.com/78do4][img]http://tinyurl.com/dpmvh[/img][/url]

Thanks to Zan_Demona!

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/78do4][img]http://tinyurl.com/j9nt5[/img]

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/78do4][img]http://tinyurl.com/jdc8y[/img]

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/78do4][img]http://tinyurl.com/z5b6d[/img]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/78do4][img]http://tinyurl.com/kn9md[/img][/url]

User Image

It's been a while, and many of our old affiliates have died. But there are some awesome new charities out there whose banners would make this post rock.

If you think your charity/quest/artshop/guild/lotto/other should be affiliated with The Giving Tree, please PM Boy of the Tree (link in Introduction post) and let us know! We'll check you out! <3

And if you see something we don't have on this list, please let us know, so we can take a look! Thank you!

~~

Information

User Image
This is the place to go for a list of all other charities.

An organized pamphlet of information. Contains almost everything you'd think of.

Charities

Flattery WORKS. GO AND SUPPORT BECAUSE THEY ARE SO AMAZING and because they have one whole frontpage post for me. XD

Because if you don't know Wills the Guy, you're as dumb as me. XD

D: They have TEA and ART and REALLY fun people. Go or I'll drown you. In tea.

Zomg. A WELL! Of Wishing! xO Go there. It's so pretty. *_*

Omg. What's their name? NOCLUE!! You should go see for yourself. xO

User Image
Oh my F g. Fwee is here. Demi is here. ******** blackbelt werewolves are here.

They help because they CARE.

User Image
Option B is for charities only.

User Image

Cute charity run by a horde of people. And a Cookie is their mascot! For that reason you must go.

Because it's run by Keika, and the art is SO cute. heart

Quests

Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar love! Click to support Taihomi!

Go here because Addi loves me. <3 She said so HERSELF.

Giveaways

User Image
I'm staff here. ;3 Cuz I'm just awesums.

Lotteries

Lyk, none! D: If you want us to link your lotto, PM Boy of the Tree! <3

Shops

Panpear's shop that gives 50% of all earnings to charity! That's AWESOME. So you better support her.

Contests

User Image
Wot wot, sir? a SAFARI? Break out the farsee glasses and hats, because WE'RE GOIN' TO AFRICA. Or gaia. Or.. uh. Gafrica.
User Image

There are some people who spent so much time with The Giving Tree, and did so much for The Giving Tree, that they have GOT to be mentioned in a seperate, special post.

Versipellis.
She is my soul, and my heart's inspiration. Without her, the Tree might not be here. Way back in The Giving Tree's first thread, while I was working on Gisle's Angelic Sash quest, we thought it would kill the Tree. It was so long. But Versipellis offered to make a branch of the Tree to finish questing for all of the items on that waiting list. And till now, the Branch and Tree have been partnered, and they'll continue to be until Gaia dies.

ChocoHearts.
This guy is amazing. When I went on a gaiabreak for four months, he took care of the Tree for me, and kept it alive until I came back. He spends almost all of his time on it. A few times, after the crazy price raises, he went a bought really expensive items, and sold them to the questors for what the questors had at the time. If I were to leave Gaia, I'd probably give all of my stuff to him, even though he doesn't really need it, he has so much. rolleyes

Gisle.
His quest was for an Angelic Sash, one of the first I did. I thought I was going to die, it was so expensive. (Hah. It was cheap as wut, as I look back on it.) But I helped him finish the Sash Quest, and ever since then, he's stuck by the Tree. Recently, though... he hasn't been able to get online as much. But he's always got a spot here, even if he never comes back. *Perish the thought!*

Sanzo-chan.
I met her on my very first thread. She appeared one day, and then suddenly she was a Tree person. Through all of the threads the Tree has had, she's always been on all of them. When she started her Devil Tail quest, I knew I wanted to help her, but I wasn't free to help her until a few months ago. And then after the crazy price raises, I KNEW I had to help her until the end, and we HAD to get the Tail for her. <3 But then Choco sold the Tail to her. And Sanzo gets to prance around in her tail--And she's still hanging by the Tree.

Panpear.
All the title banners on this thread were made by her. There was once a time where I didn't have photoshop, and I didn't know about Artpad. It was during that time I needed new banners for the Tree. I asked around, and people were asking for gold I didn't have. Panpear saw that I needed the help, and she offered to make the banners for free. I love her, and you should too.

Ky1x.
She and Panpear and Lil~Ayame chipped in together and got me the one thing I ever really wanted: winged anklets. crying It's like.. one of the only gifts I've ever gotten, and I love them for it.

Quote:
Panpear: Yes. It's because you're so nice, and we all heart you. ^^

*I'm not going to make a special section for Aya just yet, because she's doing something else that's noteworthy, and I want to wait. <3 But I love her just as much.*
User Image

If you want to know approximately how much The Giving Tree has helped people, look at this list. There is no set value you can place on the list. Almost all of these items are donation items or rare items, and are getting more and more expensive.

This isn't even all of the items The Giving Tree has helped get. That list has been lost, and this is only what we could remember.

Were Tail
Fairy Wings x4
Angelic Sash x2
Devil Tail
OMG Hat
Nitemare Headband
Emo Bag
Demonic Pitchfork
Bani Clips
October 04 Letter
Zony discman
Kiki Kitty
Nitemare Scarf
Angelic Scarf
More than 50k worth of Commons
User Image
(Frequently Asked Questions.)

1. How do I get help?
(Also known as: How to get on the waiting list.)

When there is an announcement that requests are open, a form will appear on the front page. Fill out the form correctly, while obeying all of the rules, and you will most likely be put on the waiting list. When your quest is next on the waiting list, you will be notified. Remember. Obey the rules.

2. What will happen if I do not obey the rules?

If you're on the waiting list, you will probably be removed from it, depending on how badly you broke the rules. If you are not on the waiting list, there is a slim chance you will ever make it on. And you will be asked to leave. Again, this depends on how bad your infraction was.

3. Where is the form?

When the form is up, it will be in the Current Quest post. You will know it is up, because there will be an announcement in the first post. If the form is not up, that means DO NOT request. Do not ask about the form. Do not make up a form. Do not pass Go. Do not collect 200 dollars.

4. Is there something special I need to put in the form?

Yes. You need to put the phrase "when come back... bring pie." at the bottom of the form, in white. If you do not have it, it's evidence that you did not read the whole page, and did not follow the rules.

5. What exactly does The Giving Tree do?

The Charity itself (as stated somewhere on the front page) helps questors quest for their item. All money earned in any way during the time the Tree helps a person GOES to that person. If the item is donated to the Tree, it's given to that questor for whatever they have at the time. The Tree does have gold saved up to help out the questor intermittantly, but we don't really want to rely on that gold, because it will, eventually, get used up.

User Image

1. Referring to the poll that is currently up;
Since Versipellis and I are out of highschool, and we're both going down different paths in our lives (which will be taking up more of our time), we had an idea and we wanted to see what ya'll thought. We both want to continue being charitable, but it's obvious that we won't be on gaia as much. So, we thought we would join the charities together and have one charity on one thread.

Advantages:
- One of us will always be around
- People don't have to choose which charity to go to, one thread gets all the attention
- One thread gets all of the affiliates
- Combined strengths
- Bigger thread, because we're not splitting up our following (bumpers)

Disadvantages:
- If we stick to our system of waiting lists, we don't get to as many people

As people voice their opinions, I'll post them here, but we just want to know if people think this is a good idea, it's not a definative thing.

- - -

2. Donations donations donations. What charity runs without donations? This is our main income, guys. x_x There's gotta be at least a FEW people that.. out of the kindness of their hearts... want to donate. >>;

- - -

3. I think I realized what a wart I've been over the past ... year. So now I'm going to try to rededicate myself to gaia and the Tree. Hopefully my old friends won't be all disdainful and aloof and mad at me.. confused

heart heart

And Open! <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas