Welcome to Gaia! ::

crying This story is still in the works, but outline ish no longer posted here.

The title is Road of Souls, and it's generally about the idea of saving the world, or at least the souls, almost via teenager style, with a special helper, etc.

It's set in Post Falls, Idaho, Hell, Heaven, and the Chamber. 3nodding

I haven't actually STARTED writing because I haven't totally lined out the plot. Technical difficulties, I promise. whee The current introduction is more a kinda sorta idea that might be implimented some way. It's more than likely just gonna sit on Gaia forever. xp

I need ideas to match gems with moods. This is what I have so far:

emerald:sorrow
ruby:anger
pearl:peace
diamond:love
topaz:joy
onyx:greed
tiger'seye:curiousity
amethest:passion
sapphire:tranquility
peridot:confusion
opal:anguish
turquoise:envy

Current Introduction (subject to major changes):

To have no peripheral vision usually implies one is dreaming, or imagining things. But to live with a gentle cotton surrounding you on all sides, only seeing what is ahead of you, can be a new experience indeed. The gentle tinkling of wind chimes echoes in your ears, while the splash of a beach can be heard nearby, and all you see is gentle rolling hills with a backdrop of unobtrusive mountains capped with white snow. Turning to your left, a group of glimmering figures huddle in excitement. Their spotless robes shine like the snow so far away, the leaves in a grove of maple trees rustling in the wind.

One slow step after another brings you closer to those who clap each other on the shoulder, grins on every face, unique wings protruding from each back. Purple wings whose only description fits that that might be used for a pixie. Classic white feathers, gold lining around the edges. Large velvet wings shaped like a bat's, shimmering like the grass beneath your feet.

Eventually, they've all turned to you, their faces literally glowing, embracing you in turn. Greeting you by your name, saying how nice it is to see you there, and other ramblings unheard as your thoughts are elsewhere. Back home, on Earth. You don't remember telling them your name, and let them know so in confusion. They say, everyone knows everyone here. There are no strangers. And not to be homesick, because this is your new home now. Your friends, they exclaim, will be here in time, as they knew you would.

From these new faces, appears one that brings the most joy to your heart. Her face glows brighter by the second as she carefully pushes her way through the friendly chaps who've welcomed you so wonderfully. You can't take your eyes off of her, her orange butterfly wings flitter with excitement as she stands in front of you at last. At first, she grasps you by the hand, sending waves of warmth through your body. Unable to control her happiness, she squeezes you tightly, as you always remember she used to.

Her name escapes her lips. Whether she be a close relative or dear friend, you missed her oh! so much... struggling on each day, her absence wearing down your sanity. You easily settle into the rhythm of this new world. You find yourself waiting anxiously for the arrival of people you've left behind, playing with the small toddlers who run around, laughing and joking with the other folk. But through all this bliss and light, lingers one dark thought. No matter how many times you've alluded it, here it comes, a shadow in the shadowless world.

"There exists a delicate balance..." Oh yay. You've heard that before. And evil is always trying to overthrow that balance and gain the upper hand, yadduhyadduhyadduh. Whatever! You just want the thought to go away. It's raining on your parade, bursting your bubble! Then again... this isn't some movie with the regular type of characters and an overly-predictable plot where you can lip-sync to the movie the first time you watch it. This is real, and there are subtle hints of the constant battle all around you.

The old shed not far from your favorite picnic spot? The storage of food there has never been opened in the last hundred years. The thousands of angels constantly circling over head? They're not there to put on a show. Someday you could actually be a part of that battle, fighting on the front lines!

You quickly make efforts to distract yourself, though, gathering willing children to bake the best apple pie you've ever tasted, and the shadow slowly disappears like the crust melting in your mouth.
woo...i remember you telling me about this...go you!
AmeaYoukai
woo...i remember you telling me about this...go you!

sweatdrop Yeah...
you know u can easily turn this into a book and with a bit more effort even a series .. .. well that's just my input lol great job have fun cya
Elf
Elf_of_Krynn
you know u can easily turn this into a book and with a bit more effort even a series .. .. well that's just my input lol great job have fun cya
Elf

biggrin That's kind of what I was hoping to do by the time I graduate from high school. xp Thank you! whee
smile sounds great to me... if ya need an editor or nething i'll be glad to help... or a push in a direction razz well cya (can add me to msn if ya want)

Elf
<< *wonders if she should...*

BUMP! sweatdrop
I shall read this...*edit* so I read it...and...<.<;; um, it's alright. You spelled "throne" wrong. <.<;; as a solution for the char's names just give em random names and replace them later. Now for the story, sounds interesting...yes, yes it does. I just hate the messing around with religion and stuff, but hey many authors do it...why can't you? bleh...I guess...hehe, I hate having to do research to make sure I get things right, so I thought it'd save you a bit o time. But other than that, pretty good...pretty good ^_^
whee So cool!
Hmmm...very unusual, but well thought out. Maybe you should try bashing out a few paragraphs for us to have a read of? smile
^^ That's a good idea! xp
yes this would be an excellent series something like this might be controversial but would easily be popular it seems very Epic like narnia i would love to read it if you ever start or finish just PM me or something
*subscribes to thread*
That you guys for you compliments and suggestions! I think by the end of June I'll be free to work on the plot and outline a little more, if not actually start writing. When I do have a couple paragraphs to show for my efforts, I'll post them here for all to see! 4laugh

And... yeah, twingemini, I'll PM you when I've hit a milestone or am really close to finishing. << >> I guess if anyone else wants notifications or something... they can just ask. sweatdrop

Again, thanks for your input, I really appreciate it!! heart
*labors to add a poll*

Jeez. I didn't think it was this complicated!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff