Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

After following a long and winding path deep within the woods, you finally arrive at a clearing that is surrounded by a stone wall. Just a few feet ahead of you is an archway and in the distance you can see an old looking manor.

Curious you begin to approach, as you reach the archway you see words etched in the stone...

"Just as the peaceful river become the raging waterfall, so life constantly changes, There is a Yin and Yang. This world and the Next world. The tranquil life does not offer happiness...For death awaits at its end."

"This is the home and world of the Nimbi."

Intrigued by these words and all that traveling you did to get this far you walk through the archway and soon discover yourself in a very different world. Seeing the manor was still up ahead of you, you head in that direction hoping to find some answers.

------------------------------
Directory

.....................................................Post 01 :: Directory
.....................................................Post 02 :: News
.....................................................Post 03 :: Story
.....................................................Post 04 :: Rules & FAQs
.....................................................Post 05 :: Species Info
.....................................................Post 06 :: Availability
.....................................................Post 07 :: Store
.....................................................Post 08 :: Breeding Info
.....................................................Post 09 :: Staff, Credits
.....................................................Post 10 :: Donators, Affiliates, Blacklist

Guild Contents

.....................................................Guild :: Here
.....................................................Owners List :: Here
.....................................................Custom Info :: Here
.....................................................Event Thread :: ???

User Image
Directory | News | Story | Rules/FAQ | Stages | Availability
Store | Breeding | Staff/Credits | Lists
User Image

Current Projects

Shop is on hiatus while everything gets settled.

News

Feb 14th 2011 - Happy Valentine's Day!
Feb 1st 2011 - Valentine's Trivia Game - Congrats Aria, Breeding Extravaganza Begins!

January 30th 2011 - Tron Legacy FS all prebought.
January 28th 2011 - Tron Legacy inspired FS preview!
January 12th 2011 - We reach 100 pages!
January 9th 2011 - Customs Open
January 1st 2011 - Happy New Year!

December 25th 2010 - Merry Christmas!
December 23rd 2010 - Ornament Inspired Raffle done by Fea. As well as SSs close.
December 22nd 2010 - Fea Line joins the staff as a colorist.
December 20th 2010 - Aria wins our first Unique Line Nimbi!
December 16th 2010 - Magical Werefox joins the staff as a thread manager.
December 9th 2010 - All the Carol FS was prebought!
December 3rd 2010 - The first Nimbling appears. Welcome Requait.
December 1st 2010 - Christmas 2010 begins. Nick and Holly holiday Nimbi appear. Also welcome to Shiva, Ifrit, Sarendryana, and Gerard.

November 26th 2010 - First Inspirational custom comes about, welcome Hysteria. Haruk also appears.
November 25th 2010 - Happy Thanksgiving!
November 24th 2010 - Aurianna appears. Inspirational customs come about.
November 23rd 2010 - Thanksgiving Flaffle!
November 22nd 2010 - The first Nimbus appear!
November 18th 2010 - First Flatsale Nimbi become Adults.
November 9th 2010 - Tara Moonblace and Bellatrix Lestrange appear. Congrats Fea!
November 7th 2010 - Benjamin Linus and The Doctor appear. Congrats Foxy!
November 5th 2010 - First Kits appear!
November 1st 2010 - Little Workshop Opened in Guild - Bribe, Pet Trade Info, Item wishlist, etc.

October 31st 2010 - HALLOWEEN! Raffle Ends ~ Congrats Katarina Everard. Also Congrats to Dice Game winners!
October 29th 2010 - Mystery Flatsale ~ Surprise Semi-Custom Adults!
October 28th 2010 - Regular Halloween Flatsale ~ Prebuy Opens - Sold Out!
October 27th 2010 - Grand Opening Halloween Auction Ends ~ Congrats Astro Zombies`
October 23rd 2010 - Nimbi Opens ~ Setting Up

User Image
User Image
Written by Darkness Everlasting

As told by the Keeper of the Nimbi...

"We live in a world where magic has been forgotten. A time where everything, every place, every plant, animal, rock, every being hides beneath a mask of shadow and deception; rarely ever allowing our true selves to be conceived.

One might ask, 'is the sacrifice worth it... To be what others want you to be and in turn being hidden behind ones mask for so long that you lose who you are?'

There are places that have been in the shadows of their masks for so long that they are simply forgotten. Places no longer found upon maps. Places in which only that of legends may speak of but are never truly told. Not even that of a mere whisper upon the wind is heard or spoken... they simply in today's world don't exist.

It is in these places that the true mysteries of the world lie, holding the worlds truest gems.

So how does one come upon these places? Well it's hard to say really... is it luck or a mere chance of fate? One will never know...

With each new discovery however, a small piece of the forgotten world is once more revealed..."

As told by Dark...

Perfect.

I looked all around me at the glass cases that glittered with fanciful decorations. Crystal paperweights, glass flowers. Beautiful, useless things that made life, at least my life, more fun.

Making my way to the back of the shop, I settled down behind my brand new oak desk, with my up-to-date cash register and books, and...random box? I had to do a double take on that one. Right in the middle of my organized desk was a plain brown box with my address on it, but no return address.

Curiosity getting the better of me, I opened one side and emptied it onto an open space on the tabletop. Mostly paper, it didn't seem like it would be that interesting, but in the middle was an absolutely beautiful winged metal stand with a glistening gem.

"Aren't you pretty!" I cooed to the little bauble, though I knew it couldn't hear me. Though not sure where it came from, I dismissed it--I had probably ordered it and forgotten about. I would know when the bill came, certainly. That was something that was always on time.

But as I nestled it in with my other little trinkets, I thought I could see something different about it. Like something you see out of the corner of your eye, but when you look directly at it, it disapears. Laughing at myself, I returned to my desk.

It stayed there for the next few days. Though there were a few who cooed over it, as I had, no one wanted to take the figurine home with them. Curious, I went over to check on it.

It was gone.

Almost as soon as I made that startling discovery, I heard a small crash from behind me. Whirling around to see, I saw a gleam of the colored gem I'd been looking for--in the eyes of some strange creature.

Slowly, I knelt extended an open palm to the creature, but as soon as I did I wished I hadn't. Those glistening eyes stared wickedly back at me from an impish face that was broken by a wide, mischievous grin.

"More are coming," it hissed at me, scampering off. And that's what it said, over, and over, and over again. I had almost gotten used to it when another brown box appeared at my door.

"More are coming," cackled the creature, perched on the corner of my desk, delighting in my horror.

"What in the world am I going to do with these...things?" I rasped, opening the box and seeing not one, but five tumble out into my hands.

"Sell them." I jerked my head towards the little demon again, surprised. Those were the first words it had spoken other than, "More are coming."

"I can't sell these to innocent customers," I protested heatedly. "They'd never buy them if they knew what they were." But to that, it didn't respond. Only said, "More are coming."

What else was I to do?

User Image
User Image

Rules
General
- Please don't beg for a pet. I will hand them out as I see fit.
- Please don't whine if you don't recieve one.
- Never insult or fight with anyone. It's just not nice.
- Don't steal the art. That's a given! You should know stealing is wrong without reading the rules!
- Don't have a pity party in the shop.

Flatsales
- Never edit your posts, you will be caught, you will be blacklisted.
- Don't try and discourage others from trying for the pet you want.
- Don't whine if you fail to get a pet. There's always next time.
- If you post before the GO post. Don't try and time it. You will be disqualified, if continuously done you will be greylisted.
- Co-owning is allowed.
- Owners can try for other people.
- Trade must be sent within 24 hours.

Auctions
- Tally your bids.
- Only donation items/letters and rares are accepted other than pure gold.
- You can bid as many items/letters as you want.
- Lowest market price on tektek.org
- Co-bidding is allowed up to 2 people.
- You must have bid previously in an auction to bid in the last hour or have shown interest.
- There is a 10 minute snipe gaurd. Any new bids within the last 10 minutes of the auction will extend the auction an additional 5 minutes.

Event
- Winning a Nimbi in an event requires a confirmation within 48 hours (or the pet goes to someone else.)
- Follow the rules in the event thread and don't cheat. I'll know.
- If you fail to win, don't curse and/or whine. There will be other chances.

Roleplay
- Is not required, however it is encouraged.
- Don't godmode ever.
- Try to avoid fighting unless the other role player(s) agree.
- Keep it PG-13!

FAQs
Q : How many stages are there?
A:
There are 4 main stages: orb, kit, adult, and elder. Elders aren't automatic, they have to be earned. There are also angels and demons that are considered "higher forms" and are harder to get.

Q: How long between each stage?
A:
On average stages take between 1-2 weeks to grow to the next.

Q: Are they roleplay required?
A:
Role play isn't required, but its encouraged. To get your Nimbi into a higher form roleplay is required.

Q: How many can I own?
A:
You can own as many Nimbi as you like and can afford.

Q: Can I get a custom?
A:
In a simple answer, yes. Check the customs thread in the guild for information.

Q: Do I direct link?
A:
Direct link your Nimbi until it reaches its adult stage then we ask that you please save it to your own host.

User Image
User Image

User Image

Nimbi

Nimbi are mystic beings that live deep within the forests of islands once forgotten. A highly intelegent species, they are capable of communicating with their gaurdians through speech. Nimbi have an affiliation with being out at night, for they feel connected with the darkness of the night.

Nimbi
Nimbi widely vary in personality and appearance, but this is the most common form. It is believed that the other species first originated from this form.

Stage 1 - Orb and Stand: How exactly does the Nimbi appear from this simple inanimate object no one really knows other then the Keeper, and well she isn't telling. But my guesses are that the essence of the Nimbi is trapped within the little crystal orbs, and when they find their personal keeper, they are summoned into our realm. Nimbi seem to stay within their orbs for at least a week, but sometimes it can take a little longer.

Stage 2 - Kit: Your Nimbi has now been summoned from its orb, and well its rather adorable, though I'm pretty sure the phrase "looks can be decieving" apply here. At this stage it'll take about two to three weeks for it to develop into its adult form.

Stage 3 - Adult: Your Nimbi is now all grown up. They are now self-sufficient, and tend to depend on you less, unless its to create havoc (or maybe that's just the Nimbi that has attached himself to me.) At this stage Nimbi can now breed and raise little hell raisers of their own.

Stage 4 - Elder: Only certain Nimbi will reach this stage; those who show themselves to be leaders amongst the pack. You have to be a petty fierce, wise old nimbi to call yourself an elder. Don't expect your Nimbi to reach this stage until it's been an adult for quite some time, and don't expect it if you never RP or show up at an event or the shop, either (unless we're talking about a custom).

Angelics and Demonics
User Image

Nimbus
Nimbus are the angelic form of this species, they're playful, and tend to be rather sweet. Though not all are so. Some of the features that set them apart from the Nimbi are their wings and halo.

User Image

Nimblings
Nimblings are the demonic form of this species, they're well more twisted then the ones I've met, and tend to stick to the shadows...just lurking there waiting, well it's rather creepy. Though not all are so. Some of the features that set them apart from the Nimbi are their leathery wings, horns and pointed tails.

Minis and Familiars
User Image

Nimbits
Nimbits are a much smaller form of the nimbi, ranging in about half the size of an adult nimbi. These lovelies seem to like to show up especially around the holidays, they do not grow, and cannot breed.

User Image

Nimis
Nimis are little familiars that started showing up soon after the first of the Nimbi arrived, they seem to vary some having wings while others don't. Only one nimi can be bonded to a nimbi.

User Image
User Image

Flatsale Details

Flatsale Date: TBA
Time: TBA
Theme: TBA
Price: 5k, 10k (rares)
Prebuys: TBA
Type: TBA

Auction Details

Starts: TBA
Ends: TBA
Start Bid: 10k
Who: Everyone!

Snipe Guard: 10 minutes after last bid has been placed with no retaliation. Every additional bid will rest the 10 minute timer.
Accepted: Donation letters & items, gold, evolving items, cash shop items, any combination. Low market value on TekTek.

Form:
TBA

High Bid:
None

Raffle Details

Starts: TBA
Ends: TBA
Ticket Price: 100g / ticket
Who: Everyone!

Please lable the trade "Nimbi Raffle : # tickets, page #"

Form: TBA

Raffle Tickets
None

Last updated on page ???

Game Details
None at this time.

Events
Random Page Events
Page # - Discovered
Page 500 - Adult Nimbi. Gender Randomized. 1 or 2 colors chosen by winner.
Page 666 - Nimbling. No edits. Gender, colors chosen by winner.
Page 777 - Nimbus. No edits. Gender, colors chosen by winner.
Page 1000 - ???

Other events: TBA

User Image
User Image

Familiars ::
Nimis
- These show up at various times and range in colors, some with wings some without. When in stock there will be an image found above.
Price: 1,000 gold

[b]Nimi ID:[/b]
[b]User:[/b]
[b]Nimbi ID or Inventory:[/b]

Items ::
Stunt Potion
- will freeze your pet in its current state.
Price: 2,000 gold
Current stock: 0

Reversal Potion - want your pet to revert back to its previous stage well this is how to do so, however remember that unless you use the stunting potion after this your pet will grow again.
Price: 3,000 gold

Growth Potion - will reverse the changes of the stunt potion, or push your pet to its next stage (excluding elders).
Price: 4,000 gold

Love Potion #9 - want to breed your pet but they're to finiky to even produce a temporary mate? No problem with this little potion you'll find that your pet will produce an offspring all on its own, or want additional babies with your breeding this potion makes it possible.
Price: 5,000 gold

Mystery Potion #1 - no one really know what exactly happens when this is given to your pet, but anyone who has been seen taken it seems to come out a different shade in the morning.
Price: 2,000 gold

Mystery Potion #2 - no one really know what exactly happens when this is given to your pet, but anyone who has been seen taken it seems to have a new mark about them.
Price: 5,000 gold

Mystery Potion #3 - no one really know what happens when this is given to your pet so make sure to use it sparingly, but anyone who has been seen taken it seems to have a strange form about them.
Price: 10,000 gold

Moon Potion - anyone who has taken this potion seems to have a lighter way about them soon after. The shop only carries these in small quantities at any one time.
Price: 25,000 gold

Shadow Potion - anyone who has taken this potion seems to have a darker way about them soon after. The shop only carries these in small quantities at any one time.
Price: 25,000 gold

Esper Potion - want to be certain that your pet will go to its final stage this little potion will make certain that it happens, but the shop only has a small number of these at any one time.
Price: 50,000 gold

ORDERING an Item ::
Post in the thread what item you would like, if there is one available. It will always be first come first serve on items in the shop. Stock is updated randomly. Send the trade with the proper amount to Nimbis Keeper once order is confirmed. Use the info below to use your item when you are ready. All items go to the inventory list until used.

Using an Item ::
Post the form below in the request thread in the guild, found here, to use an item from your inventory on a nimbi. You may only uses items on nimbi that are connected to yourself. You may only use one growth potion at a time per nimbi. Only ONE familiar per nimbi as well.

Your order will be processed as soon as a colorist/artist is available to take care of it. Please do not whine or bother us about edits, we'll get to things as quickly as possible.

[b]Nimbi ID:[/b]
[b]Nimbi Name:[/b]
[b]Item(s) Used:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b]

If you would like to gift an item to a friend, trade it, or resell it, please PM Nimbis Keeper so that our shop inventory can be adjusted accordingly. Thanks!

User Image

Inventory :: Items
Katarina Everard - Moon Potion x1
KazKitty - Love Potion #9 x1
Lady Aria Starstone - Love Potion #9 x1, Shadow Potion x1

Inventory :: Familiars
Lady Aria Starstone - Opening Dice Game Custom Nimi
Katarina Everard - Colored Lights Christmas Nimi
Katarina Everard - White Lights Christmas Nimi
Katarina Everard - Candy Cane Christmas Nimi
Fea Line - Colored Lights Christmas Nimi
Fea Line - White Lights Christmas Nimi
Fea Line - Candy Cane Christmas Nimi

User Image
User Image

Breeding Thread :: ???

Has your Nimbi found itself a mate? Or maybe you as owners decided it was well time? Well you've found the right place. Before explaining how all the different types of breeding works, lets lay out a few simple rules.

Rules About All Breedings
- Inbreeding is not allowed. Plain and simple.
- Nimbi breeding is a magical process that involve their essence. Any further information about this process is still a mystery. There is no need for RP of any other breeding method, and certainly no one wants to see it.
- Only adult or elder Nimbi may breed.
- A Nimbi doesn't have to declare a life mate to breed, but it does have perks. Generally, they can breed up to 4 times, but with a mate there is no limit.
- Also, with roleplay, the number of babies might increase, sometimes dramatically.
- After a Nimbi breed, they must wait at least one month before they can breed again.
- Same gender breeding is allowed. As we said before breeding deals with their essence.
- All breedings offspring can either be kept by you the owners, given away, or sold back to the shop for the half FS price where they will be used in a flatsale.
- Cosplay breedings edits received is up to the breeder. There is no rule as to the amount of clothing or accessories that must be passed down from the parents. Please keep this in mind when breeding cosplays. Some edits MAY appear on the younger stages, however this is up to the colorists discretion, and not required until the adult stage. Clothing will NOT be painted onto the younger stages.
- There are different kinds of slots for different types of breedings, so make sure to pick the one you want.
- Normal breedings will result in 2-4 babies.
- Higher form breedings will result in 2-3 babies.

For Regular slots, the price is 5k from each parent.
For Angelic/Demonic slots, the price is 10k from each parent.
For cosplay/edit slots, the price is 20k from each parent.

Things are getting a little hairy around here, so if you have any questions, please look through the F.A.Q. If what you're looking for isn't there, feel free to send a PM to the mule.

Q: What other nimbi qualify for the cosplay slots?
A:
Any nimbi with major edits.

Q: What if I can't afford a cosplay slot?
A:
You can still breed your Nimbi for that matter, but the resulting children will only reflect their parentage in patterns, not in edits. If you'd like, we can reflect parts of the clothing as a 'pattern,' but it'll be on fur, so results may vary. Things like gloves and boots can easily be turned into markings, netting, stripes, etc, but the actual outfit will not be drawn onto the Nimbi. Ew.

Q: What happens if its an angelic/demonic and a regular nimbi?
A:
You can claim a angleic/demonic slot if its one angelic/demonic and one regular nimbi. There's roughly a 50/50 chance that the resulting nimbi will be angelic/demonic or regular, but there are no special lines.

Q: Can you breed an angelic with a demonic nimbi?
A:
Yes, however the resulting nimbi will be either of angelic or demonic nature.

Q: Wow, I got a couple more eggs than I thought. What should I do for the ones I don't want?
A:
Well, you can do one of a few things. You can sell them back to the shop for half of flatsale price, or you can hold an event. If you hold an event, it'll be up to you to judge the winner, to manage the thread, etc. And please, if you want to give it to a friend, give it to a friend, but don't hold an event just for formality or funs sake.

Q: Why does the pup from my cosplay slot not have any edits?
A:
Clothes and most items will not show up on breedings until their final stage, but hair styles most likely will. If you have any questions (or would like to try to bribe your breeder), send a PM to the mule to discuss it before you claim the slot and especially before your breeder starts anything.

User Image
Directory | News | Story | Rules/FAQ |Stages | Availability
User Image

Credits
Shop Concept, Lineart, Shading Templates, Banners, Certs, and Story - Darkness Everlasting

Staff
User Image
Name: Darkness Everlasting
Alias: Dark, Darkness, DE
Postion at WMs: Former Owner, Lineartist, Shop Creater

User Image
Name: Fea Line
Alias: Fea
Postion at WMs: Owner, Colorist/Editor
Likes: Cats, Racecars, MMORPGS, Anime, Harry Potter, Common sense, and darkness
Dislikes: Ignorance, Stupidity, Rudeness, Failure and Twilight
Items wishlist: Pale/Pink Marionette or Anything feline related or items on my wishlist.
Pets wishlist: Faekats, Hamham Explosion, SoA, SoQ, Hart and Hind

User Image

Shop Mule: Nimbis Keeper

User Image
User Image

Link Us

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66588055][IMG]http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y350/NimbisKeep/Banners/NimbiLink.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Links Out
(X) :: Winiko
(X) :: Otter Oasis
(X) :: Blathanna Gardens

User Image
Donators
None

The Good
MoochiLove - Much thanks, for dealing with all my crazy in the developement of the Nimbi, all the feedback was highly appreciated. <333
Sullivan - For giving me a chance back in the day and pushing me to become a better artist and colorist. <33
Spearfrost - Much love, for being a great inspiration, and getting me started in breedables. And for the initial sketch idea of the base stand.

The Bad
None yet, lets keep it this way.

The Ugly
None yet, lets keep it this way.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash