Welcome to Gaia! ::

HELLO, and welcome to LIVE on gaia, your one-stop shop for all mod, admin, artist and the like interviews.

this week- Triskdaemon, an omnimoderator and economist who makes his home in our very own GCD. Hello, trisk, thanks for stopping by.

How long have you been working as a moderator for gaia online?

Since December 28th, 2006.

What attracted you to the occupation of mod?

It's very interesting, and I enjoy being able to do stuff about cluttered forums, botters and hackers so that everyone else can have a good time.

What exactly is your particular job as a moderator?

As an Omnimoderator I deal with account issues like hacking, scamming and trade-related cases. However, I still manage to find time for stupid little forum moves here and there.

What's the origin of your username?

Trisk from triskadekaiphobia, the fear of 13. Daemon from the term for an autonomous computer program. The joke is that he's me, Trisk... But he has a bit of a life of his own, hence the Daemon part.

Do you have a favorite/least favorite item?

Don't really have a least fave, but my most favorite would have to be the nitemare minis. They're just so damn classy.

How do being on gaia as a member and being a part of it's mod squad differ?

Being a member is a lot more fun, in some respects. No responsibilites and no obligation to do anything, really. However, I'd say the obligation and responsibility of being a moderator is what makes Gaia interesting for me, so I'm glad to trade some carefree fun if I can wrap my mind around mod duties in exchange.

How exactly did you come into this position?

Well, I was a helper for a little over a year under Kava and Seth Darkheart. After that, in December of 06, I got a letter from the admins asking me if I'd like to be a mod. I said yes and... Well, yeah. Here I am.

Can you confirm or deny the rumors that Lanzer is, in fact, Gackt's alter ego?

Completely false. Lanzer is MUCH better looking than Gackt.

Have you ever heard Lanzer singing? What was it like?

I have not, no, but I hear the last crowd to hear him sing likened it to a chorus of heavn'ly angels singing o'er the promised land of yore.

What's your favorite memory from your time as a member of gaia?

The plot frenzy of the April 2005 event. I still don't believe we've had an event that can match that one.

What kind of relationship, if any, do you and your fellow mods have?

Everyone on the mod team is an amazing person. I enjoy talking with them all and I've had the opportunity to hang out in person with quite a few of them. They're really the most intelligent, funny, easygoing and nice group of people you'll ever run into. The best thing about being a mod is getting to know the rest of them. XD

Cid High-Wind and a few others- words of encouragement? will they ever make it to mod, or more?

I encourage any interested parties to take a gander at the mod application - it's really the best shot that Joe User has had at getting noticed for moderation. We could always use more talented and patient mods, so please, try it out!

That was fascinating, don't you think? Well, thankyou again for joining us here, we appreciate it, and we'll be keeping an eye out for you in the GCD.

Join us next time for our exclusive interview with Juno, pixel artist for gaia HQ.

Thats pretty cool. I ask if this is real tho.
K COL

BAM!
User Image
[applegreen]
K COL

BAM!
User Image
owned xD
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hm. Cool stuff.

Edit:
I agree with Druki. Its a bit hard to differentiate the questions and answers.

- DNAe

MI6.

Dapper Mage

You might want to try to bold or italicize your questions. It'd make it easier to differentiate between the question and answer.
Interesting endeavor. It's good to know that someone's actually taking the time to interview people who work to make the site what it is.
Interesting. wink
Druki
You might want to try to bold or italicize your questions. It'd make it easier to differentiate between the question and answer.
done.

they originally were, in hte PM. I forgot that doesn't carry over to posting. thanks.
Very nice! I wouldn't think they'd respond.

Do you plan on making up different questions for all the mods you interview or just sticking with the same set of questions?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Pixel--Play
Pixel--Play

Do you plan on making up different questions for all the mods you interview or just sticking with the same set of questions?

a mixture of both. it'll vary depending on what they do, and how involved they are in gaia HQ.
[applegreen]
Pixel--Play

a mixture of both. it'll vary depending on what they do, and how involved they are in gaia HQ.

Cool!

Can't wait for the upcoming volumes. whee

Pixel--Play
[applegreen]
Pixel--Play

Cool!

Can't wait for the upcoming volumes. whee

aww, thanks. ^__^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items