Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reminder: This request thread is my personal thread. I would ask that you respect this, and leave anything administrative or moderation related at the door when entering it. Please read my profile and journal entries for guidelines on how to seek assistance at Gaia, and please respect that this is not the place to ask for modding help, to tell me that you were hacked, or to inquire about or complain about a warning or Gaia policy. There's plenty of places and ways to do that through the proper channels, but this thread is not one of them. ^^

Quick announcement! My thread is still open, but please come by and check out the following group art contest! There's group prizes and individual contests, including one by yours truly! The total prize pot is 25 million! eek

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

.~Nora's Open Art Request V 3.0~.

Art request what now?

Hello, and welcome to my 3rd art request thread! My first & second art request threads have seen good days, but sometimes it's just nice to start fresh!

So what are we here for?

I am here for both art commissions and perhaps the occassional gift art!

I really would love for some very nice people to draw me for free, because that would be utterly wonderful and always makes my day, no matter how simple the art. ^_^

However, I know that we're all here for the gold, so naturally I am absolutely looking to commission, price depending on the complexity/style, if I see some samples that really strike my fancy. I have a lot to spend, so don't worry that I'll be put off if you normally have high prices. If your art is worth it, I will spend it!

Stuff it is good to know!
(ie, general thread rules for maximum enjoyment of everyone involved)

• Please post your samples in reasonable sizes or links and please post your general price range, as well as what you prefer to be paid in or what you will accept as payment (gold, rares, store items, letters, monthly collectibles, etc). If you're especially interested in drawing a particular avatar or character, please post that as well so I can take it into consideration. ^_^

• I prefer private commissions or, failing that, shops with free slots, since I'm busy and so don't have tons of time to go rummage through R&C to find things. With this in mind, linking me to your auction is okay, but no promises, as I really do prefer commissions!

• I really prefer not to pay in advance. I will make exceptions if I think you are very trustworthy but in general, please expect that I will start the trade to you when we agree on a commission, but will not complete it until after I have at least seen a watermarked final version of the art, in line with the forum guidelines for commissioning.

• Please do not PM me your samples. My inbox is a crazy, wild jungle of all kinds of things the like of which you cannot possibly imagine! With this in mind, it's very likely your PM would shoved down to the bottom of the priority pile, and I don't think either of us want that. So please post in the thread!

• Please do not draw me and then expect that I will pay you. I will sometimes randomly tip for gift art, especially for users in need. However I only will guarantee payment for art that I commission. This means that we work out an agreement prior to you making the art.

• Please do not post repeatedly or rapidly pointing out that your post was overlooked.

With this in mind, this includes quoting your post multiple times if I haven't replied yet, especially if it's on the same page! It's very, very annoying and spammy, please don't do it. sad

I come and go frequently both because I may have to leave the computer, or may just have to leave the thread. This means that I may reply to several posts and not yet reach yours before I need to leave. I am also human, and sometimes I plain just miss a post. Please do not post repeatedly reminding me to see or complaining that I did not reply to yours. It is very inconsiderate. I make every effort to reply to all posts, however it is not always possible, and it is not an obligation.

• If I choose not to commission you, it does not mean that your art sucks and I hate it and you should go and be miserable and cry! Most likely it simply means that it's of a style that I'm not looking for at the time. I have definite preferences, and sometimes certain things just grab me more than others.

• Please do not post with admin or moderator related matters in this thread. Period. It is inappropriate and it is not the proper means to address whatever your concern may be. Please use the report system to report any problems you have. Posting here will not resolve them any faster.

Please stay a chat a bit if you have time, or just bump. ^_^

Pictures of my art, both gifts and commissions, can be found here and here! Yes, I know it's huge, but until I figure out a better way to sort it, it'll just have to stay that way. gonk

Any current "non-standard Nora" avatar that I'm fond of will go here on a rotating basis, and are also up for grabs for commissioning. However, for my main avatars and my bigger commissions, please scroll down!

Please note that for any of these avatars, girls curlz red can be substituted in place of the wildflower hair if the artist wishes. Example on my avatar base.

Please remember that reference images are only there to offer inspiration, not to be exact indicators of how you should draw. Use your imaginations!

Panda with leaf:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

One day Nora bought the sacred leaf. Messing around, she equipped it with her panda hat, and then got an idea. And thus her leaf-eating panda hat was born! The panda should be drawn eating the leaf or involved in leaf eating in some way. Either of the above avatars can be drawn for this catagory. (she doesn't have to be drawn as chibi, that's just what most of the references happened to be)

References: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Yeti Queen:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Noraboo, Queen of the...Yeti?

Loving, caring, surrounded by adorable, fuzzy yeti? Cold and distant but fiercely protective? It's all up to you! Draw as many yeti as you want, and free to move them about, you don't need to stick to just their positions on the avatar. I'd prefer the scarf not cover her face, but feel free to play around otherwise!

References: 1, 2, 3. 4

Yeti & Kerchief:

Just a girl and her pet yeti, doing what everyone does with their yeti! Picnicing, walks in the park, snuggling on a cold winter day. Maybe the yeti isn't always adorable and fluffy, though. You never know. >.>

One thing people always ask with this avatar is if they have to draw the boquet (as it does tend to get in the way of nora/yeti snuggling action!), and the answer is no, you can leave it out, you can incorporate flowers in some other way, whatever strikes your fancy. And you don't need to keep the same exact colors as the avatar (it's nicer when the sweater matches the kerchief anyway!)

References: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
More Things For You To Draw!

Both of the following characters were originally Gaia avatars that then I kinda.. expanded on a bit. I refined some of the details about them, gave them a bit of personality, and now I consider them gaia inspired OC's.

For each I will link to a short text page with information on them, including character details and a bit of personality information to give you a feeling for them. I'm not a writer, so please humor me and my lame descriptions. ^^; In addition to the 'best references' included in the links I've also linked to a number of other examples that I consider to be among my favorites, so you can get a feeling for them more. Please read the descriptions, though, since some of the details in the references may be off, and I value accuracy.

Icy Nora:

Details and Personality: Click me!

References: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Zhanna:

(except she should have blue eyes. ^^; )

Details and Personality: Click me!

References: 1, 2, 3, 4
My Pets

Feedable:

Non feedable:

Tristan, my soquili:

Mira, my kida:

User Image

Halloween 2007 gifty!

User Image
Links Out

If you wish to link me, please use the following:

[url=http://tinyurl.com/2sly6g][img]http://tinyurl.com/churz[/img][/url]

Links In

If you would like for me to link to you, please post asking for a link exchange and put your url and image in code tags. ^^
In order to keep my links from reaching unwieldy proportions, I will prune them after about 2-3 weeks
(unless your auction is a month or less in which case I'll keep it up till the end ^^ , or if I don't have an ungodly number of links).

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

11,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
heart talk2hand

11,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
domokun heart
and we are open for business!

Beloved Prophet