Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thirteenth Partier

400 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Another of my projects for my Studio Art class. This is a 10-hour contract, to be done in an ink wash. Inspired by Lewis Carroll's book, NOT the Disney movie. Although, some costume ideas were snagged from my DVD case. wink

The negative space between Alice and the Mad Hare will be leaves/trees, but as they will be "out of focus", they will not be outlined in ink. For the lineart, I'm using a waterproof ink pen, Liquid Espresso Fine point, I think it's called. I have forgotten the manufacturer. The ink wash itself will be any ink pen that bleeds.

False borders are one of my favorite touches, especially in my watercolor and ink projects. I think it gives the characters "life". (And if you'll notice, the bottom "frame" edge has morphed into the table itself; Mr. March Hare is sitting on the opposite of the table. What a large bunny! Or a rather slender table. cool )

Primary critiques would be lovely, as always. heart

@ 2/21/2007: approx. 3 hours

User Image
wow its really good
alce in wonder land is one of my favorite storys
sop i really apeal to this
i love the out of border porportion
how the rabbits ear is popping out at the top and breaking the border gives it alot of personality
i really would like to see thje finfished product
Very neat, how do you make such perfect sircles? Do you have some shapes for guidance?

Thirteenth Partier

400 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Doctor Jaf
Very neat, how do you make such perfect sircles? Do you have some shapes for guidance?

Nope. That was all free-hand, excluding the border. You have to keep your wrist loose.
I love AAiW. This is a great drawing! Not exactly what I'd imagine the Hatter to look like, but nice nonetheless. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff