Welcome to Gaia! ::

What did you think of MoTP?

I liked it. ^-^ 0.67441860465116 67.4% [ 29 ]
I disliked it. -_- 0.2093023255814 20.9% [ 9 ]
I hate penguins. I'm also a complete waste of life. 0.11627906976744 11.6% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 43 ]
1 2 3 >

This is a remake of my previous topic from another area of the Gaia forums. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there is already a topic of this movie anywhere in the forums. neutral

So anyway, with that out of the way....I got this movie on DVD for Christmas and I saw it last night. I loved it. It was a pretty good movie-slash-documentary, especially with Morgan Freeman as the narrator. blaugh
CrazyDave55811
This is a remake of my previous topic from another area of the Gaia forums. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there is already a topic of this movie anywhere in the forums. neutral

So anyway, with that out of the way....I got this movie on DVD for Christmas and I saw it last night. I loved it. It was a pretty good movie-slash-documentary, especially with Morgan Freeman as the narrator. blaugh

i liked it, u?
I found that movie rather depressing, not quite what it was advertised as.
Fawne
I found that movie rather depressing, not quite what it was advertised as.

There were indeed some parts that pained me to watch...
...on the older MoTP forum, I
I know. It pained me so much to see the baby penguin getting attacked by the Skua. You could see the penguin trying so hard to fight free from its grasp; it tried using its little flipper at one point. I know it's Nature taking its course but....it's just a baby for God's sakes! crying It's such a harsh beginning of life...
I liked it even with all the sad bits. The movie was just very well done.
Tacit_Deity
I liked it even with all the sad bits. The movie was just very well done.

Yeah, you are right. The movie-slash-documentary-whatever-it-should-be-classified-as made me love penguins even more. heart Baby Emperor Penguins are just so adorable. 4laugh
kittenlover5654
CrazyDave55811

i liked it, u?

Well, der, I liked it. That's why I made this thread. wink
An adorable clip from MoTP. I have been posting this everywhere. lol

I have to say that I received another opinion about MoTP a few minutes ago. She said it made her cry...

...March of The Penguins really is a sad movie, isn't it? sad Well, for those who have the DVD, you can always cheer yourself up with a little treat the folks at Warner Bros threw in : a Looney Tunes episode. wink
I read that March of The Penguins was the #2 most successful documentary in North America. Guess what #1 is? Yep, what a surprise. Fahrenhateheit 9/11. I'd rather watch something about penguins instead of another Bush-bashing crockumentary.

Yeah. I know I'm bumping. Get over it. You'd probably do the same if you had the right to in forums like these.
really cute, but sad too. But really good 3nodding
mrs.hutchence
really cute, but sad too. But really good 3nodding

I'm a bit of an oddity in that the parts that were tear-jerking to me were not only the parts with the penguin deaths, but also the positive scenes, such as the baby penguins learning to huddle together and stuff. It is portrayed in such a peaceful, pleasant style, complete with the sounds of the chirping baby penguins. I consider myself such a hardened individual, yet scenes like this touch my heart somehow.

Nevertheless, I'd say the part that hurt me the most was seeing the baby penguin being unable to break free from the Skua's grasp. crying
like everyone else was saying.. it is cute, but also kind of sad.
crying Sad Movie
I thought it was a very inforitive movie!!!
shinychick
I thought it was a very inforitive movie!!!

Well, being narrated by Morgan Freeman, you KNOW it's informative. mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces