Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should Monthly Collectable items be available by some other means than donating money?

yes 0.77362637362637 77.4% [ 3872 ]
no 0.22637362637363 22.6% [ 1133 ]
Total Votes:[ 5005 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 340 341 342 > >> >>> »|

Questionable Friend

6,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
UPDATE 1/30/12!
CLOSED. So just about everything that has been suggested or talked has come to past in the SIX years or so since this petition has started. Thanks for all the support everyone. Now enjoy a freer, brighter Gaia!

CLeVeR FooL
There is hope for Gaia after all.
memarcus
I can't believe anybody has any objections to this petition. This is by far one of the most well-thought out petitions I have come across, and it would benefit everybody who uses Gaia. I am definitely signing this.

User Image
The oxymoronic petition that blends the ideas of more ways to earn gold that are anti-inflation friendly!
mantra
If YOU believe that earning Gold takes FOREVER, then SIGN!
If YOU have a LIFE outside of Gaia, then SIGN!
If YOU believe Gaia should have more FUN FEATURES, then SIGN!
If YOU don't believe in spending REAL MONEY for PIXELS then SIGN!*

Matt0uuw
This is a wonderful idea.
I love gaia.
I love the items here.
But everything here is too expensive.
I want some expensive things, but I have a life.
I don't want to be a gaia addict to have a cool avatar.
That's why I sign. 3nodding

This petition, while already well on its way, is still being tweaked to become more and more anti-inflation while remaining user friendly. PLEASE BE PATIENT and kindly make suggestions.

Stop signing or not signing for the Arguments, Petition Statements, or this first post. These sections are there for better enlightenment and understanding, but they are NOT the actual petition. Sign or not sign because of the suggestions (the green post)!

PS - N O - O N E - C A R E S - I F - Y O U 'R E - N O T - S I G N I N G! So stop posting that you don't sign!

Lekgolo Halo
I love this petition with a passion. I'm signing this. Not signing it would be a sort of crime.

* = This petition has nothing against donating money to Gaia (we encourage donations when possible!), but this petition is not in favor with the fact that donation items are the only quickest and most sure source of gold.

Questionable Friend

6,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Read These

MWEG Header
Table of Contents <----{you are here}
Petition Statement w/Arguments
Rules & FAQ <----{OMG READ}

Ideas for Earning More Gold & STOP Inflation<----{SIGN OR DON'T SIGN FOR THESE}

Link to MWEG Banners
Signatures
Updates
Shrine to Supporters
Other Good Ideas

Questionable Friend

6,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Pre-read:
These are my reasons for starting this petition as well as reasons from other users. You don't have to agree with my reasons or theirs, but you might find they ring a bell. You do not have to sign for the reasons. Sign for the suggestions (the green post). Seriously, you can totally skip past this part if you want. You don't even have to care about the economy! Many of the suggestions would add more fun features to the site, so even if you're just interested in spicing up Gaia, you could sign for the suggestions.

DO NOT SIGN OR NOT SIGN FOR THIS POST. READ FOR UNDERSTANDING.

User Image

Using some average costs, let's do a little math.
Quote:
DL (Donation Letter) costs: $2.50 USA
DLs (newly released) sell for an average of: 18,000g
This means that $1 USA = 7,200g

Average Quest Item/Avatar costs: 900,000g = $125 USA = 50 DLs

This means if you have the money, you can essentially buy your quest items/avatar with real money, and the fact is that many users do. Continuing onward...
Quote:
Average Quest Item/A costs: 900,000g
Average earning in one day (for your average active Gaian): 1.5k
There are: 365 days in one year and the average Gaian is on for: 200 of them.
Average Gaian earns: 300,000g a year.

Assuming this Gaian spends no gold on DL or other expensive items, it will take roughly 3 years for this average Gaian to obtain his/her Quest Item/Avatar. If this is the cost for a single Quest Item, it could take up to6 years or more as Condom In A Can wrote.
Condom In A Can
Here's the math:
I make about 1.5k a weekday, about 2k on a weekend.
So, I make about 7.5k a week.
In a year, I make about 390k.
However, I also have a life. I go on holiday. I do homework. I have basketball practice. And of course, there's things like Christmas and my birthday, where I don't go on.
So, I spend about 4 weeks off. Now we're at a total of me losing 30k a year, so I make 360k.
However, what if I was after something like the Angelic Sash, which came out in October, 2003. Right now in the marketplace, it costs 7,800,000g, or 7,800k.

Thusly, it would take 22 years to get an item like that.
Who is going to spend 22 years on gaia to get an angelic sash!?

I rest my case, and I sign.

REASON 1
I've been a member since February 2003. I have sadly watched the prices of beloved items increase over time. This, of course is a natural course, as the item's rarity increases and availability decreases. However, in the most recent years I have noticed price increases of hundreds of thousands of gold, huge leaps in prices. For most cases, and as shown above, this makes the obtaining of those items near IMPOSSIBLE. Inflation is a natural course of the economy, as is the law of supply and demand, but why does it seem to be out of control on Gaia?

REASON 2
Also as show from above, it's possible for users to essentially purchase their Gaia items with real money, and this is what many Gaians do, and you've probably done it a few times yourself. Although a sensible and truly easy way, I think that it degrades the spirit of a true quest and turns the receiving of a Donation Letter into a greedy market frenzy. Why does the system support this?

REASON 3
You know of the Daily Chance, right? It's a cute feature, and as of Spring 2008 (it's about time!) there is a small possibility of winning limited valuable items (the shopkeeper's pantie line). However, I get so much junk in the DC every day that I don't even have enough market space to sell it. Why is there no in-between for the DC? Why is there only a teeny, tiny, near-impossible amount of a chance that you could hit the jackpot or the most likely chance of getting pure junk (like T blox, purple daisy, or Jade Peasant Gloves) or small token amounts of gold/tokens. Where is the in-between? Why is the only free goody on Gaia void of any goodies? Imagine actually getting something you wanted from the DC, or at least, something someone else wanted, that was worth more than a mere 100g...

REASON 3.5
Who here is tired of piecing together puzzles just to win a "cool" item like Honorable Beechwood Chair (worth around 600g max when selling), or for a pitiful handful of gold? Do you religiously play WordBump only to end up with 30g and a couple of Bachelors Credits? Why are there no cool prizes? When you consider it, Gaia has some amazing items, items that are versatile, memorable, and popular, and they come out with new ones all the time. Gaia is perfectly capable of giving out more fun and useful prizes...so why not?

REASON 4
Being a member from the old days, I do remember when there where really little ways of earning gold. However, items were much cheaper and questing was more fun. Even these five years later I can't believe that Gaia still hasn't added a few simple features that would make earning gold more accessible to users! It's pretty rough for an average user to earn any real amount of gold per day, especially in the market of today. There are: games, posting, voting, and pming, which give out little gold, then there are shops for the artistically talented (the few), and for those high-rollers, there is playing the marketplace (buy cheap, sell expensive).
Have you played the games recently? I mean, kudos to adding more games, like pinball, but WordBump only gives about 8G per level, and none of the games (aside from the very slim chance of winning Slots) give little gold or items. Also, props are in order to increasing the amount of gold earned for posting in the forums (also with a smaller drop off), but still, this is no serious amount of gold. Through all of these, the easiest, fastest and most sure way, and therefore the most popular, is to buy Gaian Items with real cash dollars, either in the Cash Shop or a Donation Letter. Why the big gap? Games and other methods give out so little, but items bought with real cash pay out big.

REASON 5
I am a real person. I have family, friends, clubs, sports, hobbies, responsibilities, prior engagements, bills to pay, school, and a general life to lead, AS DO YOU. I'm happy to spend some free time on Gaia, but when all is said and done, Gaia is virtual and non-real. Playing on Gaia will not up my test score. It will not pay my bills. I can't spend more than a few hours a week on Gaia. So even though I am an active and supportive member of Gaia, I can't spend all my time surfing around on a website to earn gold, and therefore it will take me/average Gaian up to 6 years to be able to purchase a quest item.

SUMMARY

Quote:
Have you noticed market prices? 350,000,000g for an Angelic Halo (Jan. 07). Over 30,000g for the NEWLY RELEASED Donation Letter (May 08 ).

What happened to fun questing? Well, just look above. Who is going to quest for something that costs in the millions (that's 1,000,000g folks) when they can only earn at the most 5,000g a day??!

Gaia doesn't control the marketplace prices, users do, and yes, short of re-releasing more of those past Donation Items, there is no real hope those items can be obtained. But, we can at least let it STOP HERE, and prevent the beloved items of today becoming unobtainable items of the future!

CONCLUSION

Quote:
1k of gold is nothing on Gaia. It does not go far at all. Most items cost several thousand gold, if not several tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands. It's just not fair in a marketplace were items are so expensive to have such a limited selection of ways to earn gold.

ANSWER

Quote:
The More Ways to Earn Gold petition provides ideas for more ways a user can earn gold without adding to the inflation of gold, and also has suggests to control the chaos that is inflation on Gaia!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Image

spot of tea
i can only say one thing:
YOU ARE RIGHT.
END OF STORY.

-signs-

If you're interested in giving this petition a chance, then read on past the Argument section. This is just an easy access, clearly visible section of questions and arguments the petition gets that I want to make clear.
Lord_Awesome
I sign for the great cause you submit.
Your arguments against the fools who misinterpret your words struck them down mightily. My heart is filled with joy to find smart Gaians outside the Extended Discussion forum. *bows* Bravo.

Argument 1:
Putting more gold in the system will just cause the prices of everything to go up--we'll be right back where we started--no better off.
Rebuttal 1:
The petition is about giving users more gold, not necessarily adding gold into the economy, which, yes would lead to inflation. Not possible, you say? Read the petition. For example, one idea is to give expensive items in the daily chance. This way, a user can sell the item and that user can have more money, however, no money was added to the economy.

Argument 2:
Why are you trying to ruin Gaia? If it's not broken, don't fix it. Gaia is fine the way it is.
Rebuttal 2:
This is not an argument, this is a complaint. I believe everybody has a right to an opinion, and everybody has a right to try to improve the world. Check out the petition. You may find some ideas you like.

Argument 3:
Everyone should earn their gold. You're just looking for an easy way out.
Rebuttal 3:
MWEG stands for More Ways to EARN Gold. Besides, just giving gold to users will do the opposite of what this petition is attempting to do, which is slow inflation. Read the petition. None of the ideas freely give gold.

Argument 4:
Using my mules I can make 5k G a day. That's plenty of gold for questing.
Rebuttal 4:
Your many mules contribute to the preventing of active members from getting rare events or pink links. You are increasing the number of people on Gaia NEEDLESSLY, so everyone else has less of a chance to get a rare event. Also, you're taking up Gaia bandwidth, which means your mules are using up space leaving Gaia with less space for more fun features. Gaia does not officially like mules anyway--often they are a source of botting. This petition is assuming that you are an honest member that does not bot or use multiple mules to manipulate the system.

Argument 5:
Don't you know that donation items keep this site running? Why do you want to get rid of them/make them super easy to get?
Rebuttal 5:
This is answered in more depth in the FAQ section of the petition, but I'll continue on with a short answer. Of course I know, everybody knows. This is a VERY common question. For some reason, many users assume that this petition is about giving away donation items (or gold). This petition does not advocate the removal of or free getting of Donation Items. There is a suggestion to make some available for the Daily Random Chance (severely regulated), but that is all.

Argument 6:
Questing is fun, and you get a feeling of accomplishment when you finally achieved your goal.
Rebuttal 6:
I agree that it's healthy to quest. However, the jumping prices of precious limited items can make a quest impossible even for the most supportive and active member. In fact, higher prices are causing many members to lose the questing spirit, by buying many DI (Donation Items) with real money ($2.50 USA), then selling them for gold. That is the cheap spirit of getting what you want now. I only think it's fair to have items that seem attainable.

Argument 7:
When I joined Gaia [insert whatever]. Stop complaining when you already have such a good thing.
Rebuttal 7:
Jena-su said it perfectly:

Jena-su
I'm a '03 member, and find the fact that a number of fellow oldbies were complaining about this petition and giving you that "back in my day" crap completely ridiculous. >_O

Yeah, I remember when it was much harder to earn gold, just like they do. I mean, hell, I think it took me a good two weeks just to afford my trading pass.

But most things were also much, much cheaper back then too.

I still have a price list from a shop in the exchange from back then. Striped Stockings were 750 gold (now: 75k-79k), Angelic Camisoles for 3.5k (now: 195k), Fresh Grass Skirts 5k (now: 300-fricking-k).

I think I speak for everyone when I say: What. The. Crap.

In my opinion, newbies quest and work just as hard as oldbies, if not harder. Back then gold was much harder to earn, but the prices were lower and little more realistic of a goal. Now gold is easier to earn, with more methods to do so, but the prices have risen to insane heights that most people, myself included, have no hope of ever reaching.

Argument 8:
Stop whining! (yes, people have said this)
Rebuttal 8:
This is really just a flame. This in fact IS NO ARGUMENT. This petition is a well thought out statement of ideas meant to promote a happier experience on the site.

Argument 9:
If you don't like Gaia the way it is, then leave.
Rebuttal 9:
This is a flame, and it's just rude. This in fact IS NO ARGUMENT. No one has a right to tell someone who is trying to improve upon the site to leave.

Argument 10:
The Mods have a life too, you know! It's not like they can do everything! You need to be more patient!
Rebuttal 10:
Of course--in fact, part of the reason why I put this petition up is because I don't have 4 hours every day to spend on Gaia earning gold. Things take time, and this is understood.

Argument 11:
You're a [insert profanity here]. I'm not signing
Rebuttal 11:
This is just flaming, and anyone can tell that, however I have this particular flame here to make a point. This is not the "Make Arnjeca Queen" petition, or "Gaia's Best Person" petition. If you choose not to sign the petition, don't sign because you do not like the ideas. You don't have to sign for my reasons of making the petition, or other's reasons for signing--everyone has their own reason. By choosing to not sign the petition because you got your feelings hurt or you think there's too much text and then posting your reason, you only look like an immature fool.

Argument 12:
Inflation is healthy in a normal economy, so why whine about it?
Rebuttal 12:
It's true that normal economies experience inflation, however, I believe that on Gaia inflation is becoming a runaway train, gaining speed and not about to slow down anytime in the future. This would not be a problem if Gaia kept up with this runaway economy by allowing more ways for a which a user can earn gold without adding to the problem. Gaia has made many great improvements on this behalf, but there is quite a ways to go. Regardless, the suggestion here would add more fun to Gaia anyway, even if you're not concerned about the economy.

Argument 13:
Of course rare item of a limited number are going to cost a ton, that's the law of supply and demand! (in other words, "The Angelic Halo is a poor example. Of course it should cost that much, it's that special!" )
Rebuttal 13:
This is a case of mistaken assumptions. This petition is only stating that some of the recent inflation has become unhealthy, not debating the normality of the fact of supply and demand. Of course a items that exist in a limited number will increase in price if many users want that item, that's just a fact. Many people bring up that using the first Donation Item ever is a poor choice, and this is arguably true. I really just wanted to show the priciest item, and yes, even though it is special and more of a status symbol ("I was there," or "I am really rich" ), it's still just pixels. That's a lot of time and effort, or real cash, to spend on a status symbol...

Argument 14:
It's impossible to stop inflation! What are you talking about!
Rebuttal 14:
STOP Inflation is more catchy than SLOW inflation, and much easier for the general user to grasp or become interested in. It's just an advertising gimmick. Relax, and don't be so literal.

Someone finally gets it!! Yay!
Alaisiaga
I like this petition because of your well thought-out, detailed arguments. I was originally approaching this with a very wary eye, but when I actually read through what you were suggesting, I found that I agreed with it. I know there are probably some people who will see the title and be like "OMFG FREE GOLDZ YUSH", but I hope there are also more people who, like me, would like to see more games, or ways to earn gold... hence, y'know, the title and all. sweatdrop anyway, i sign.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have received hundreds of user's posts agreeing the points made, and here are just a few:

l)arkReaper
I
sign this petition, for the sake of the middle and lower class people. I know I'm high class, but you are right. It's not fair to the new-comers of Gaia!

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!

.44Caliber

I'm not saying I want it easy, but this is just ridiculous.

I sign. Twice. Hahaha
Can I even do that? razz
Probably not.
Well then

I sign

Whisperingsorrow

I sign this petition.
I just had something to add to one point you made about comparing earning gaian gold to earning money in real life. I think it's a bit more drastic than 1k gold = $20.00. If you factor in the actual conversions Gaia offers for money to gold via credits and donation items, 1k gold equates to just about 20 cents. Think about it. You purchase an MC for $2.50. An mc will normally sell for about 12k gold. So divide it all out, and you've got one thousand gold pieces equating to twenty copper pennies. I'm kind of wishing I could buy myself a pair of nice, real life skull biker leather strides for eighty cents right now, I must say.

Hope that helps strengthen your point.

DarkNecrophia

*DarkNecrophia signs the petition*

I loved this petition so much I felt like making a banner XD
User Image

if you approve, I'll put it in my signature XD
---
I was just thinking about it now. I moderate a guild that helps new brazillian members to understand and enjoy gaia, and I always wondered why there are so few of us here. The answer is simple, though. We don't have enough time to play. We need to work hard to earn real money to have the opportunity to sit a few hours a week in front of a computer to earn virtual money. Plus, the donation items don't really help foreign people. In Brazil, it costs about R$20 (it has the same, let's say, "emotional" value of $20). If I spend this amount of money in a pixelated item, I won't be able to pay my ISP for the month. I rather buy a keychain or a plushie then. At least I can look at them offline, lol
I'm talking about Brazil, but I'm pretty sure there is a lot of people here who needs to work the same. What just annoys me are those kids with rich parents that buy everything for them with their credit cards yelling at us because we think the prices in Gaia are unffair gonk And, if it wasn't enough, there is also this big problem of getting ignored when you look "poor" (or "n00bish" wink ...
Sorry for the wall of text, I just had to take it all off of my chest. I feel better now whee

Heathdorka

I took me almost 2.5 years to reach my first real quest for fairy wings.
That's ridiculous.
I sign.

mogiks
In a way, I agree. Although the inflation does concern me, it just seems like there's a huge gap in Gaia for people who can't set up any kind of shop and aren't very good at games. I'm not so sad that I'm going to pay real money to get some pixels, either, and even if I wanted to I couldn't because I'm saving for further education. I think that, at the very least, the cost for a trading/vending pass should be scrapped. This is one of the main ways for most Gaians to earn money and you shouldn't have to pay for it - it's so basic.

I'm kind of devoid of other ideas, but as you mentioned Neopets (which I used to played for several years when I was younger), I think something like a bank account where you can earn interest for your money might be nice, or a new type of random event that happens more often than the pink links/magical gift boxes etc, and gives out a small amount of gold (from, say, 100-1000).

And about the starter kits - what?! What's wrong with them? They're barely worth anything and they're just there so people can look marginally okay when they first join. Newbies still earn their money.

So, anyhoo, I sign.

[Pleasurable+Nightmares]

I completely agree with this petition in every way and am thankful that someone is finally speaking up about how unbelievably hard it is to earn gold.

I work rather hard on this site and on many posts I make in my coven, but it kills me when I hit that 'Submit' button and see that I only got four gold for a five paragraph response. That's not only unfair, but cruel.
stressed

Also, with how damn expensive some items on here are (example: the Devil Tail now costing over four million gold), I believe that we deserve more profit for our efforts.

-Signs.-
3nodding

Muzzy Slink
The reason that I classify myself as "New Money" is that I used to be incredibly poor until two weeks ago. That's I happened to receive a Pink Magical Gift Box which I sold for a bunch of donation items. That was an incredibly rare one time event. The money's gone right now. The only way that I can reliably get more gold now is donating real money for letters to sell. I want my hours on Gaia to be accounted for, damn it!

I, Muzzy Slink, sign your excellent petition!

Disclaimer

Quote:

This petition and those who sign have nothing against Gaia! It is a wonderful and fun site that has come a long way from the original idea of Go-Gaia. This petition is not a complaint, it is an organized set of arguments, reasons, and suggestions. This petition is not anti-donation or against Donation or Cash Shop items. MWEG supports and thanks the staff of Gaia for their dedication to the site and the happiness of the users.

Questionable Friend

6,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

1. DO NOT use image signatures! If you link becomes inactive, how can I count your signature? To sign the petition, all you have to do is post something like "I sign." It's easy enough to do.

2. Since this petition is in the "Site Feedback/Petitions" section of the forums, no discussion is really allowed. Please only sign, give short comments, and logical arguments NOT based on your opnion.

3. STOP quoting from any of the first-page posts! It's not that hard!! Just DON'T do it! Also, no page stretching, please.

4. NO advertising of any kind, such as contests, other petitions, or avatar arena entries. I WILL NOT link to your petition/contest/shop/avi just because you sign this petition. I will not do you any favors because you sign the petition.

5. NO flaming or otherwise posts intended to put down others. This includes: putting down this petition or being rude or uncivil. I know that if you're going to do this that this rule won't stop you, but at least it's here. Please just don't.

6. Once you sign this petition, it's final. I do not erase signatures.

7. DON'T PM ME YOUR SIGNATURES, COMMENTS, OR ARGUMENTS!! Just post in the petition. PMing is for getting in touch with me personally and not necessarily about the petition, or I'd be swamped with pms. However, if you really want or need to talk or discuss something don't be afraid to pm me, but please use grammar. I'm not going to respond to some chatspeak.

8. PLEASE give me suggestions! I know I haven't got a perfect petition here, so suggestions or comments are so much welcomed!

Lexi Faggotface
Wonderful ideas.
It's a shame you wasted all that time typing out careful instructions just for people to be too stupid to follow them.

Disclaimer:
By disobeying any of the rules posted above, or any of Gaia's forum rules, your name will appear as a signature on the petition (with n00b by it). By disobeying the rules you are showing that you understand and agree to these terms, which are henceforth binding.

Ya, someone actually said it...

arnjeca
Snake Doctor
dont call them noobs its not their fault they cant find the post reply button and they have to press the quote button instead

signs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol!!!! that is FUH-NEY! "it's not their fault" they can't find the TWO, obvious Post Reply buttons, so they have to use the Quote button, but you forgot to mention how it's "not their fault" they can't just delete the quoted text! Oh, and, of course, it's "not their fault" that they choose not to read and follow the rules! L O L!!!! that might be the funniest thing i have EVER heard on Gaia! hey, being a n00b is a choice, people, not a condition!!

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Image

If you have questions you want answered, READ THE PETITION (green post) and check here and under the Arguments section before posting in the petition or pming me.

Q: How do I sign?
A: It's easy. Just post with something like "I sign." Feel free to leave comments as well. Please do not use image signatures.

Q: How can I submit a question or argument?
A: First, before you post or pm me, check the Arguments and FAQ sections to make sure your question/argument hasn't already been addressed. PLEASE read the green post, too, before asking anything. If you still have a question or argument that hasn't been addressed and is not answered in the petition (green post), then I would recommend that you first post your statement, then pm me with your statement, or a link to the page it was posted on. Once again, please be literate. This will ensure that I address your question as soon as possible. Don't be alarmed if I pm you back to let you know I have answered your qyestion, I'm just trying to be polite.

Q: Can I link to your petition?
A: Sure! I would really appreciate the advertising. Feel free to put up links to MWEG in your sig, thread, petition, or profile. I recommend using the MWEG banners made my myself and other supportive members. They can be found in the yellow post.

Q: I want to make/I have made I banner for MWEG. Is this OK and can you put it up in the petition?
A: Yes, that is great! Feel free to make your own banner supporting MWEG. I actually like user-made ones better because they reflect more diverse opinions of the members of Gaia. I am sorry to say I can't pay you for a banner, but I will make it available to others users by putting it in the Advertisement (yellow) post.

Q: Will you link to my petition?
A: I can. In this case, a kind pm asking me this question with a link to the petition would be the way to go. PLEASE be literate. I'll check out your petition and see if I agree with it and how well-done it is, and if it's up to par, then I would love to add it to my "Other Good Ideas" portion of the petition. I will not link to anything other than a petition unless it relates strictly to the ideas of MWEG (so no avatar entries, profiles, quests, etc...).

Q: Where did you get the idea that most rich people aren't willing to donate? by))The.Gunpowder.Treason((
A: Compared to the numbers of poor or newer Gaians, there is a relatively small amount of rich users who donate. I am not stereotyping, but most people who have the gold have plans to already spend it someplace rather than donating. I give a kudos to those who donate, but they are a small army, and although they may make a difference for one person, overall there is not enough donors to really effect the problems mentioned in the petition.

Q: I agree that simple games such as Pong and Pacman would be really cool on here, but How would Gaia do that without violating copyrights? by))The.Gunpowder.Treason((
A: It's not really an issue. Gaia staff is smart and knows how to work around this. They wouldn't copy Pacman per say, because that is copyrighted, but they could very well create a similar game themselves.

Q: How do you know that the mods even notice this? by))The.Gunpowder.Treason((
A: That's why it's so important to get this petition into the mainstream by recruiting friends and advertising in signatures. Also voting the petition up will hopefully put is in the top list to get more attention.

Q: How often do you update this post?
A: OK, update...I'm in college now, and have little time to spend on Gaia. I check my account almost every day for the little things, but as for updates on the petition, this is a rarer occurrence. If you feel like you've said something very important and posted in the petition (like the rules say) and I have not responded, then I think it would be to send a pm quoting your post. If you're going to pm me, though, make SURE your comment/question/argument has not already been addressed in any of the posts on the first page.

Q: How/Why did you come up with this petition?
A: I've put my reasons and some reasons other Gians have in the Petition Statement section. Basically, as a member from the beginning of '03, I was shocked and dismayed to find that it was excruciatingly difficult to quest even for store items without the use of Donation Letters, especially since there were still very limited ways of earning gold. Also, I'm a big believer in living life, so I don't find it healthy to devote more than an hour leisure time on a virtual site, since, when all is said and done, in the real world you just sat on your a** for an hour. This petition, although it has branched out very far since then, was originally to aid those who had similar problems, who couldn't devote five hours a day to Gaia, who had jobs etc..., and who couldn't really afford to buy Donation Letters in the hopes of selling them to earn money for a quest.

Q: Don't you know that adding more gold to the system won't really help?
A: This is essentially addressed in the Arguments section of the petition, but I have it here for emphasis. Yes, it's true that just adding gold to the economy will actually increase inflation, this is Economics 101. However, this petition does not suggest adding gold out of thin air. It would be a waste of space to retype everything here, so just read the green post.

Q: How many signatures will it take before the mods notice or take action?
A: The truth is this: there is no number or sigs or special event that will make the mods take more than a casual notice. Essentially, the petition forum was made primarily for users, and the mods only use it to gauge what Gaians want and what new thing to add next. The only way mods will take notice is if this petition gets larger than life and regularly on the top of the forum's top threads list.

Q: Where do you get your ideas?
A: Well, I get many suggestions from some smart Gaians, and those help a lot. Also, I just wrack my brain for new ideas really, that's it. I'm not really an economics smartypants or anything, but I do a little research to see what could help Gaia.

Q: You said in big bold letters "If you don't believe in spending real money for pixels, then sign!" but didn't you realize that it's people's donations that help keep the site up?
This is also addressed in the Arguments post, but once again, this is a popular question, so I'm going to elaborate a little more down here. I think it's great that you can donate to Gaia via Donation Letters or spend money in the new Cash Shop for items (which is essentially donating). I think it's great that Gaia can have more funding, and I don't think that buying Donation Letters is a bad thing at all.
However, I DO NOT think it is great that the easiest, fastest, surest, and most popular way to earn gold is to buy a few Donation Letters for real money, then sell them for gold. This is close to buying gold with real money with only a middle man in the way. In many cases, it defeats the spirit of questing.
Also, maybe users can't afford Donation Letters. You think that $2.50 US isn't a lot (hey, it's just change, right), but I've had several members from Brazil tell me that it's much more expensive for them, and they don't have the money to spare. Even me, a middle-class American, can't spend the money or I'll be short on rent or bills, and get my power shut off or kicked out of my home. The truth is that some of us users are poor, and I don't think it's fair that only the "rich" can indulge in Donation Letter/Cash Shop Items, while the "poor" or more prudent of us have to save up almost 2 months in advance just to purchase a newly released Donation Letter.
NOT THAT IT'S WRONG to spend time questing! I don't want to be seen as contradicting myself. I just think it should be a bit faster/easier than that, like instead of saving months in advance, be able to bust your butt on Gaia for two weeks so you can get a Donation Letter.
Many users are still kids who don't have their own account and have to beg the parents to send money. Still, who wants a bunch of n00bs and tweens running around with things you've been questing for for years? But if there were more accessible ways to earn gold, users would be encouraged more to quest, instead of spending money on Donation Letters. This would give value to the items they worked so hard for and help the younger or newer members to get acquainted with Gaia.
In short, I just want more fair ways to earn gold that users who can't buy Donation Items can use to either purchase Donation Letters or other expensive items.

Q: How long did it take you to type up this whole thing O.o?
A: FOREVER. It started out much smaller of course, primarily with a few ideas and the petition statement--no arguments, FAQ, or inflation sections. I've built on this petition little by little, although the original first posts weren't that much shorter than the they are now. But, yes, it took a LONG time to get all this stuff laid out--around 20+ hours--but that's how much I care about Gaia (I must be crazy)!

Q: Even though this petition deals with inflation and earning gold, the fact is people still quest for items that just aren't produced anymore, so eventually there will be none left to buy anyway. Although this isn't exactly fair, it re-releasing the items would cause a war against users who want them and users who have them. by Lori_keet
A: This is not really an issue that I feel is related to the exact ideas of the petition, and the question itself is worth a whole other petition dedicated to re-releasing ideas. It's sad, but what you pointed out is a true fact. Short of re-releasing items, nothing can be done to stop the eventual extinction of beloved items. This petition is not an end-all way for users to be able to get a cheap Angelic Bow, but to SLOW the inflation. In one year, I've seen the starting price for a new monthly Donation Letter jump from 9,000g-25,000g. This is more than 100% inflation.

Q: The admins do not and have stated they will not be controlling the marketplace. Lanzar even stated it was "up to you users." So people control the marketplace. Then how do your ideas work? by littlezeekers
A: Read the petition, because retyping would be a space waster. However, I can give a short answer. This petition does not advocate the use of mods taking control of prices. The ideas are based on the fact that this is a user-run economy.

Q: In a few of your suggestion, you suggests rarer or more expensive store items be more readily available (via Daily Chance or games). While this would not add inflation for the gold, it would however add inflation to that rare/expensive, lessening the value it. What are you doing about that?
A: This is a good question and a valid point. Say more Striped Stockings (cost around 30k) are given out more and more as prizes for games and the DC, it's true that that particular item, being that there are now more of it, has a likelihood of decreasing in price (say, they decrease to 25k). This is bad news if you're a seller (even though it's still 25k!). However, a fix to this is instead of giving out the same rare items, games/DC give out a variety of new awesome items that will roughly (guesstimating the market price of them) be equal to 30k. In this case, the number of those particular items will be small, but the overall number of rare items being released will be "large."

Questionable Friend

6,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Let me just make this clear: This petition, while being a force to contend with, full of great ideas, is still under construction, and always will be. There are always ideas that need to be tweaked or updated, so please be patient. Specifically, the "More Ways to Earn Gold" section is in grave need of an update, so be kind on your criticism! Updating is on the way!

THIS IS THE POST YOU SIGN OR DON'T SIGN FOR!

User Image

OK, here's the deal. Inflation is "a rise in the general level of prices, as measured against some baseline of purchasing power," (Wikipedia). Basically, inflation is when the value of money itself goes down. Since this is such an abstract concept, I'll provide some of you more concrete people with an example.
Have you ever heard of penny candy? Back in the day (1950's), one could buy a full-sized candy bar for a single penny. Obviously, back then, even 5$ was a lot of money--in fact, you could probably almost fill up your gas tank for 5$. But wait, you may say, you can't buy candy bars for a penny now-a-days. It's true, and it's because of inflation. Inflation, or rather, factors that cause inflation, have caused the value of a single cent to decrease, thus making the dollar of yesteryear actually worth more than today's dollar. It would kind of be like a "time travel" money exchange, like when you trade your home money in for foreign money when you travel to a foreign country. You could go back in time a trade a 1950's 0.01$ for a 2007's 0.75$. Great. Now that I've thoroughly confused you, on to ideas of curbing this inflation in the Gaian marketplace!

Before you read these, keep in mind that you may find that some of these ideas don't seem consumer friendly...and, well, some of them aren't. You may have to sacrifice a little bit here and there to help the general market, which, when you think about it, really is much more important and will benefit you much more greatly than a few petty conveniences.

I know this might be too much like school, but here are some terms I'll be using that are a little abstract, defined here for your understanding.

economy: refers to the human activities related with the production, distribution, exchange, and consumption of goods and services; generally, the basic term for the actions of the flow of money.
market/marketplace: the actual consumer environment, as in, the place were you interact to buy, sell, and trade--were money takes action, were money is used
gold: in this section, gold is referred to as money, or dollars (or pounds or rubles or whatever)

IDEA 1:
Adding hundreds of more items to buy in stores.
Yes, I bet this one makes you happy. This is were all you "more fairy wings!" and "more leg warmers!" petition people come in. The economy needs hundreds of more items ranging from new hairstyles to furniture, make-up to tattoos, weapons to clothes. But they must be sold in stores--NOT donation items, and not prizes or exchanges, but actually "buyable-buy-gold ONLY" products from stores, such as Durem Deport, Gambino Outfitters, etc.

WHY IT WOULD HELP:
When you buy some item from a store (in gaia), you have just in essence thrown your money into a black hole--it will not continue to flow in the market--it is gone from the market. Now that there is just that much less money in the market, the value of the gaian gold. Now, in real life, it doesn't work that way, because real stores, are, well, real, and the owners and so forth exists and use the money and insert it back into the economy. On gaia, however, there are no "real" store owners. The money disappears--it does not go into a bank or into someone's savings, it is gone. This helps the economy by helping money disappear--now, don't freak out, I know it sounds bad, like, getting rid of money--but you got your item, didn't you? The small amount of money that you used to purchase that store-bought item is now gone from the economy, and because of this, the value of gold increases--which is the opposite of inflation. As in, because there is now less gold in the economy, the gold becomes worth more, even if it just by the smallest millionth decimal--just from your single purchase. Buy buying an item directly from a store, you have just helped the economy! Imagine, though, more than 80% of the Gaia online population buying more items from the stores regularly, daily, because of the million things to buy. It would considerably increase the value of gold, the opposite of inflation.

IDEA 2:
Adding one-time services to Gaia.
Meaning services such as one-time purchases, services that require a fee every time you use them. For example, say Gaia ever gets the battle system going and now your avi has HP, or health points. You could go to some healing place and be charged 100G to heal 50% of your health and 200G to be healed 100% of your health. Another example for a one-time use service would be a fee to buy a lottery ticket--Gaia could have a "lottery" once every hour, and it could cost 200G for a ticket. Neopets has a great example of a very successful one-time service--prize wheels, like the wheel of fortune wheel. For example, spend 100G to spin the "Wheel of Bino!" and you could have a chance to win 200,00G, items, 500G, 20G, 5G, or even negatives, like -20G and -100G.

WHY IT WOULD HELP:
Same general concept as IDEA 1's reason--less money flowing in the marketplace=gold worth more.

IDEA 3:
Adding one-time use items to Gaia.
The only existing one-time use item is the hair styles available at the Salon Durem. Although it would be nice to be able to keep these items forever, it helps the economy--but more about the idea, less about why. Neopets, once again, provides an example, offering items such as "Fairy in a Bottle" that up your HP/MP/STRENGTH or whatever. After use, the item disappears. Tattoos, if introduced, could be one-use items. Hair dye would be a one-use item, as well as getting highlights or your nails polished. Sounds like fun, doesn't it? Just more fun stuff for you users! These concepts can already be found in petitions, some whose banners I have posted underneath my "Affiliates and Good Ideas" section, so sign away!

WHY IT WOULD HELP:
Same general concept as IDEA 1's reason--less money flowing in the marketplace=gold worth more.

IDEA 4:
Giving more items (that people want) as prizes instead of gold
I know the jigsaw sometimes rewards users with some un-worthless prize, but I'm talking about grand scale--I'm talking about many games, wheels of fortunes, lotteries, contests, and the daily chance giving out cool items that one could actually sell for more than 500G. Now, not all games and so forth would give out just items of course--but giving out items would not be out of the norm or unexpected--it would be expected at least 50% of the time. Of course, for this idea to really blossom and function in a fun way, gaia would need to have many more items, so you didn't end up with the same 550 or so items that cost less than 100G over and over again.

WHY IT WOULD HELP:
Same general concept as IDEA 1's reason--less money flowing in the marketplace=gold worth more. Instead of giving out gold, which increases inflation, rewarding users with items that are actually desired (no Nurse Cap or Flame Shirt!) would not increase the gold in the marketplace, only allow for it to fluctuate more between users (as in, it would not add more gold, only either be used, sold and bought, and sold and bought again--the gold would change hands, but the amount would stay the same). The more items gaia has, the less it would give out the same item, so you wouldn't have to worry about the wroth of the certain item decreasing (like the Labu Necklace--they were so easy to get that they became very cheap in the marketplace, hardly worth more than 30G, just because "everybody" had one).

IDEA 5:
Giving out fun and desirable store items in the Daily Random Chance.
I know many of you (if not all of you) feel as though the prizes you get from the DRC suck. I mean, they suck like a vacuum. Who really wants Pink Carnationx13 in the inventory?? And bugs and ink are completely useless. You can't ever use flowers for decoration of yourself or home, without paying for them to be made into a bouquet--and heck, you can buy those on the marketplace. Not to say that flowers and other "junk" items are dumb (I, for one, like bouquets), but getting them as a "special treat," a "fun freebie" is ridiculous. I know many other users would LOVE to get store items, and I'm talking about the nice ones, not the ugly 100G ones. Of course, it would work out fairly, like, you wouldn't be getting a 10,000G item most often, but it would be possible--as in, you would actually get them some of the time! yes, you could actually WIN a so-so expensive item on gaia (hard to believe...)!!

WHY IT WOULD HELP:
Same general concept as IDEA 4's reason--less money flowing in the marketplace=gold worth more, so more items means more money for you, but not for the economy as a whole. Giving out store items is a sure way to make money/get cool stuff without adding to inflation (OMG YAY), since giving items away doesn't decrease the value of gold. Also, it would be impossible to inflate these items when selling on the marketplace, because they would be available in a store--and who would pay 10,000,000G for something they knew cost 2,300G? This is one of the win-win solutions that makes everybody happy!!

heart IDEA 6: heart
Store Credit/Certificates.
Possibly one of the most fun and much-needed "different" interaction on gaia is the store credit idea. The basis of this ideas revolves around the idea that instead of gold giving out 100% for all purposes (Daily Random Chance, posting, games, voting, etc...everything), store credit would be given out. This store credit is pretty much what it is labeled--credit for the gaian stores, like Durem Deport and Barton Boutique, that is equal to or worth less than gold, so 1SC would equal 1G; basically this store credit is gold that you can only use on store items. With this credit you could save up and purchase store items only, but from any store. It is extremely important to realize that credit would NOT replace gold--we'd still need gold to buy in the marketplace, trade, and to have freedom over our purchases--so the credit would be as random as gold, ex: "you got 2 G for posting," then, "you got 5 store credits for posting," "...gold," "...gold," "credit." It would NOT be predominant, but it would occur regularly and normally, so it would be like earning gold (you'd earn it almost just as fast).
There is only one major concern about this, and that is it's regulation. Credits need to be given out as much as gold, so, profusely. Whereas you'd get 5G for one post, you'd get 8SC for one post. This is extremely important so that the credit is seriously used--it won't do any good if users have to save up SC over three months just to get a 200G item, when it only takes 1 hour to earn 200G.

WHY IT WOULD HELP:
First off, I'd like to say that this is a user-pleaser idea. While instead of giving gold (which helps take inflation down, a good thing) credits are given, it would be more of something extra--gold would HAVE to remain the main source of money. So it's not a major inflation-killer, but it is a very positive and unique idea for users that is a way to reward users without adding to the problem.
Same general concept as IDEA 4's reason--less money flowing in the marketplace=gold worth more, so more items means more money for you, but not for the economy as a whole. With this method, there is actually NO existence of gold, as in, gold is not introduced into the economy, yet you are still able to buy items, items limited to stores that is. Also, there is no real way that this credit would become worth more than gold, specifically if the key balance of giving out credit almost as much as gold is given out is handled correctly, and because each store credit is basically worth 1G anyway; 1G=1SC.

User Image

Table of Contents
Price Limits
More Games
Ad Investing/Stock Feature
Reward Faithful Members
Quests/Scavenger Hunts
Tektek Cooperating with Gaia
Better Prizes for the Daily Random Chance
Suggestions "Comming Soon"

Price Limits

This is an idea that has come up countless times via users. In short, this is one of the most popular suggestions I continue to receive. The suggestion ranges from actual strict moderation of prices by admins--as in, having admins post certain and specific prices for items, to just having a limit for which items can be sold for. While this is a popular suggestion, many people who have suggested it don't understand that such a thing could never mesh with the current capitalistic economy gaia uses. Instead, I have another, simpler, and still effective idea.

My idea is very basic, and more of a programming suggestion than anything. That is just to limit the amount of characters a user can put in the price box to six-eight characters, seven being the most realistic and ideal. This means that no item could be sold for over 999,999G (six characters) to 99,999,999G (eight characters), or preferably 9,999,999G (seven characters). In it's own way, such programming will limit the prices for items, obviously, since no item could be sold for more than 99,999,99G.

This is realistic because purchasing an item at this price is semi-realistic, as in possible (buy buying and selling donation items... stare ), but not outrageous, like over a couple million gold, a sum which only the most manipulative gaians, or "generous," would ever be able to afford.

The Reason: (1) Well, pretty much, setting a 30,000G or similar limit is not feasible from a programming standpoint, but limiting characters is. (2) Also, it is not sensible or really reasonable for the admins to control the economy in a socialistic way--capitalism and liberty in all areas is basically the way gaia is run, as in, run mostly by the user's wants and ideas, not by admins demanding and dictating. (3) While this petition may be interpreted by some to be some sort of dream idea that will allow any user to get any item, it is not so; this petition will mostly effect future items and possibly have a positive effect for some more recent items. There is no way to really change current prices of items, esp donation items, short of adding more of them into the market, or re-releasing them. That cannot really be helped, since gaia refuses to do so. So, I'm sorry, but the Angelic Bow will never be sold for 10k, and 2005 Letters will never be sold for 8k. sad

More Games

*Gaia did add another game (Jigsaw), and will eventually be adding the battle system, which will probably give out more gold or items. I don't think that Gaia' purpose is to be a "game site," so from now on, adding more games, while it would be MUCH MORE FUN, is not as dire as was previous to the new games. Basically, more games would be fun, but we're pretty happy with what we have for now.*

Can you believe that there are only FIVE SIX games on Gaia? Can you also believe that these limited games hardly give ANY gold (unless you hit the jackpot—a very unlikely happening)? I would venture a guess that thousands of Gaians (if not every Gaian) would love to have more games that gave out more gold! Like I’ve said before, I’m not talking about earning millions of gold per game in a day,
I’m talking about a system that allows for, lets say 5G for every 20points, and in accordance an high-average score for the game might be 800pts. That equals 200G! That’s much better than spending four hours on Word Bump for nearly the same amount.

But to allow for gold to still have value I would also insist on a limit to the number of scores that can count for gold a day. Let’s say only two scores from each game could be counted (ex—play Word Bump five times a day, but out of those five scores only two count towards gold—the other times played would just be for fun!)—this way Gaians are still earning a fairly good amount without cause inflation (making gold worthless because it can so easily be come by)

Possible Games
Pong
Pacman
Solitaire
Minesweeper
Checkers
Memory Matching
Tetris
Racing
Chess

As you can see, theses are BASIC games, not complicated in nature, and not particularly difficult to play.

Also, pearlized came up with this statement:
"...I also play Neopets. Now I realize Neopets and Gaia are completely different, not even the concept is the same. But, they are both virtual "worlds" with virtual money. Neopets has a lot of games and depending on how high the scores normally are, they regulate how much money you can get from a game and they limit how many times you can play. This helps fight people who would sit and play games and earn gallons of money each day. I think that might work with Gaia. wink But obviously, I don't want Gaia to turn into Neopets because that would be terrible."

Neopets is a great example of a site where it is possible to earn money whenever you choose. On Gaia, the only ways to really earn any significant amount of Gold is to post in the forums a few times, send some pm's, comment, and vote. After that, whatever amounts you earn are pitiful (I'm talking about daily gold here, not winning jackpots or other irregularities). On Neopets, anytime you wish to earn "neopoints" you can--they have hundreds of games that range from i-could-do-this-with-my-eyes-closed easy to @#$@-game! hard, and neopoints are given out accordingly; easy games give less neopoints per point/score, whilst the hard games give out much more neopoints per points/score. All-in-all it is a fairly fair system in which you don't feel hindered in. But on Gaia, once you're done doing the first of everything (first post, first vote, etc...) you're pretty much done, kind of a "now what?" There's really nothing else to do besides peruse around the site hapazardly, clicking on this and that, posting here and there, until you're too bored to even care. More games would surely increase the entertainment level of the site and boost awareness of Gaia.

In case you're wondering how I know about the Neopets system it's because long before I'd even heard of Gaia I rejoiced in Neopets (my main account there is "arnjeca" as well)! It is a wonderful and amazingly fun site and very wholesome (no dirty cybering, cursing, vulgar references). I think Gaia could really profit from following Neopets's example of an entertaining site.

Ad Investing/Stocks Feature
Why not offer stock in companies, like Durem Deport, the Art Arena, Gambino Hat Rack? With such a feature, Gains could purchase stock, and depending on the sales, or "mock" sales of each company, earn a little more Gold or lose Gold accordingly, like a real-life stock. Now, this would be the ultra-non-complicated-watered-down-basic-version of stock/investing, and obviously, Gaians would not be able to buy stock of a company to own or influence the business, but the basic idea of earning/loosing money on a stock market could help many earn Gold--this is an excellent idea because, for one, it is optional. This means that it won't be forced upon everyone--if you want to risk it, then you have the option, but if you don't want to risk it, then go ahead and tap-dance to the beat of that different drum. Another positive aspect is that it also contains a certain amount of risk, which means that people aren't just going to flock and buy tons of stock and start earning 500G a day doing absolutely nothing--Gaians could lose Gold as well--and a risk factor would keep inflation down, since some wouldn't want to risk their fortunes and therefore, would not invest/buy stock.

Gaia would obviously regulate and put up parameters for the stock--perhaps there'd be a limit to the amount of stock per company you could own depending on how much Gold you currently own, or even just because. Also, for the less risky option, a "Invest Account" could be created, which would be similar to a bank account. The money you would wish to invest would go into that account, and therefore, money would only be added/subtracted from that account, not your main Gold account, and you could only access that account to deposit once per day, and withdrawal once per week/month.

Basically, there are thousands of different alterations and suggestions that could be added to this idea to fine-tune it into reality, but because I am not privy to the utmost inner workings of the Gaian economy I cannot begin to finalize the idea--I leave that up to you users and the Gaian staff.

Reward Faithful Members
*THIS IS FOR YOU OLDER MEMBERS OF GAIA WHO THINK I'M ONLY OUT TO HELP THE NEW MEMBERS!*
Why not have a social security-like program? Why not reward faithful members of Gaia who have been adamantly participating for years? How about for every 3 years spent active on Gaia the Gold earned surfing/voting/posting would increase? This way, those who worked very hard to earn their Gold back when Gaia was young would be rewarded for their faithful membership and not left out of the MWEG trend. The SS system (or whatever it would be called) would NOT hinge upon actual age, only the age of the Gaian membership. Another idea would include bonuses for Older Gaians (when I use the term Older Gaians I'm talking about membership age) maybe once a year, where members would receive a bonus of gold accordant to the length of their membership.

This idea still needs more meat on its bones, so feel free to add ideas to reward Oldtime Gaians for their loyalty.

Quests/Scavenger Hunts concept by Befu
This idea could possibly be the best one, because undoubtedly it would help curb the inflation on Gaia AND help with the insane prices of "must have" items. For this idea, it would probably require a building on Gaia, named something like "Gaia's Quests", and Gaians could enter that shop and have the option of entering on a quest for certain items, and in return for successfully obtaining those items and giving them to the "Quest Master", they would receive a random item of greater value. For example, say you are given the quest "1 pair Noir Criss Cross Swim Bottom, 1 pair Arrhh!! Boots, 37 Blue Butterflies and 1 pair Felicia's Gloves [in ? days]" You somehow obtain all of these items in the directed amount of time, return to the Quest Shoppe, give the items to the Quest Master, and in return the Quest Master hands over a pair of Delux Cat Ears. There would be differentiating levels of difficulty, as in perhaps each time you completed a quest the next quest was one level above the previous, ie items scavenging for more expensive/rare, received items worth more. There could also be several types of quests, like "Clothing Quests," "Fishing Quests," "Hat Quest," or "Blue Quest (only blue items)," and so forth. Each of these different quest categories could give a certain type of prize in return, for example, the "Hat Quest" would give only red items, and the "Clothing Quest" would give only house items, or whatever--you get the idea.

The prizes would ALWAYS remain unknown, and would be random. You might get something you didn't particularly want, or you might get a donation item you've been questing for the past two years. One might ask "why spend so much time and Gold to eventually get an item that you could buy yourself?" Well, I have an answer--or several. For one, maybe the prize/prizes (could receive more than one, as long as their values combined to be greater than or equivalent to the market prices of the items you handed in for the quest) you received would be from your Wishlist, so you would for sure receive something you really wanted--still, you could still buy these items. Another idea is that the Quest would give out items only obtained by completing a quest, ex "Questing Boots," "Questing Blue Tiara" or what have you. Another option is that every once in a while the prize would be an old donation item (cringes in anticipation of angry cries).

Bringing up donation items, I guess I'd better stated how this would help the inflation.

As all Gaians know, the prices of donation items are through the roof. This is because there is only a limited number in existence, and because every day more Gaians abandon their accounts full of these donation items, the number of them out their gets increasingly smaller, thus raising the price at a tremendous rate. It would forever help the economy if these items could be reiterated into the system, but on a limited bases, limited being the key word, thus keeping the price at a fairly level state (as opposed to its always heavily increasing state), or more likely, just slow the rate at which the prices are growing, and keeping their rare and "must have" value, yet at the same time not capping off the supply completely.

For those of you who would say "That's just dumb because it will take away their value as donation items, and no one will donate anymore if they can get them without donating, and the items won't even be worth anything because now anyone can get them." I honestly do understand the concept of supply and demand (items in short supply are worth more, items that are easily obtained are worth much less), and this is why the prizes for completing a quest would be RANDOM and UNKNOWN, and VERY RARELY would anyone receive a donation item. It wouldn't be like everyone could now have an Angelic Parasol. It could be possible, but unlikely. Therefore it would hardly do more than slightly slow the rate of increase to their prices--it wouldn't even stop the increase, only slow it.

Tektek Cooperating with Gaia concept by gRaVi dream
Many of you are familiar with tektek.org, an incredibly useful site containing price guides, dream avatars--I won't go over everything--you can check it out if you'd like. gRaVi dream brought up the idea that one could earn Gold for surfing on the Gaian sections of Tektek. Now, I don't know what Tektek's relations to Gaia are, but it is a very good suggestion, however, I'm not sure how feasable it would be. There are a lot of "if's," and because as of now Gaia and Tektek appear separate entities they are probably run by separate people/businesses, and it would take an agreence of both bodies to allow for such a thing, something that is quite hard to do, and even if they did agree it would take a considerable amount of reconstruction. They each probably have their own agenda, and while it would profit Gaia's users, it might not in the long run profit Gaia or Tektek.

Like I said, it is a great idea, but I don't know if it could ever be accomplished.

Better Prizes for the Daily Random Chance
I think every Gaian knows just how lame the give-a-way is on the main pages of Gaia the first time you visit Gaia for the day. "Ooooh! You won Blue Ink for the 23rd time!" "Oooh, you won as much gold as you usually get when you refresh the page!" "Ooooh, you won a White Daisy for the 43rd time!" The only remotely interesting items I have EVER won on that thing are the Nurse's Cap and Doctor's Cap, or whatever they're called. I won a Flaming T-shirt once, which could be a serious contender for the ugliest piece of clothing on Gaia.

Why not actually have items that people WANT, not pieces of JUNK that NO ONE REALLY WANTS. It's not like it's terrible to get those items if you're the type who like bouquets and paper hats (I love paper hats!) (I don't even know if the ink has a function on Gaia--what the heck can you dye on Gaia with those?? Same goes for bugs--why get bugs when you can just get the ink???), but getting Purple Daisies every single day, as well as an amazingly pitiful amount of Gold and Tokens, is really frustrating, like, "why bother?" It would make much more sense if the most common amount of Gold earned was like 50G, then every once in a while (every other day) you would probably get 100G, or even a jackpot of 500G. Really though, those amounts are still pitiful in today's economy, and really don't add up to anything on Gaia (the cheapest items around Gaia are around 100G-400G rolleyes ). Either the prices for items goes down, or the prize money goes up. Since the prices probably won't go down, that leaves only one option.

Also, lets PLEASE be able to get better items than junk, and cheap-o items that no one in particular wants and that WE CAN'T EVEN GET RID OF THEM! They just pile up in our inventories! No one really buys them if you try to sell, and they only go for 1G anyway. It's just pathetic. I think every Gaian out there would appreciate if every once in a blue moon (once a month maybe, if they visit Gaia every day) they could get a cool item, something that they actually want. Like, a paper cat-ear headband even, or blue stockings, boots, a jacket, or cat eyes, or something like that. I think it should be possible to get really rare/expensive items, as well and huge jackpots. For instance, one could get a kimono or 20,000G.

Now, it's not like your prizes would be on a set schedule--they would be random--but some would have a more likely chance to occur than others (it would be more likely to receive 100G than 10,000G).

You might say, "Well, that is almost the same as a "'are event'." But I've come to believe that "rare events" are a figment of Gaian imagination. I've never gotten one, in all my 2 YEARS of EVERY DAY VISITS to Gaia. I know that they are random, but really, 2 years without one seems slightly unbelievable and, yes, unfair. I've also heard of Gaians who claim they received some awesome item through the Daily Random Chance, which is phenomenal, but possibly a farce (that's a fancy word for a big lie). You Gaians are the ones that have to put up with getting 1G worth of clutter in your inventories, and I'm sure that you don't appreciate it either, and I've come across several petitions asking for a way to get rid of the junk Gaia gives us. It's just not cool. I'm sure every single Gaian would appreciate a fun surprise once in a while, instead of the same retarded trash items that just rot in our inventories.

Suggestions "Comming Soon"
Here are some suggestions that have been suggested by other users that I haven't yet had a chance to elaborate on. Sorry, but it's just too much to give credit to any one user for each suggestion, for many users have suggested similar ideas. In any case, keep suggesting!
  • Instead of amount of gold earned increasing over time, have it increase over "time online"
  • Instead of amount of gold earned increasing over time, have it increase over number of posts you've made
  • Game based around avatar dress-up
  • Monthly prize for the best user-designed new item
  • Be able to sell items back to stores for the same price bought within a time limit (like real life)
  • Have a game that uses up ink/bugs/flowers and give gold in return (some have suggested paintball)
  • Received a small amount of gold for entering art into the arena
  • Received gold based on our overall or individual-picture rating in the art arena
  • Instead of gold earning for basic tasks (posting) decreasing over time, having it level off but with some bonuses now and then
  • Receiving a sealed envelope from the current month's (or any month's) monthly collectible items when you buy a Gaia store item
  • Taking items from abandoned accounts (inactive for over a year) and selling them on the marketplace for a discount price (like when the gov. acquires someone's car they sell it for cheap at bidding markets)
  • Having items that expire that must be re-purchased (like "Fake Tattoo," or "Red Nail Polish" wink
  • More ways to earn gold in the Towns, not just the site
  • Rental items (you pay to rent an item that will be automatically returned to the shop at a set amount of time)
  • The longer you're active on Gaia you can get: discounts at NPC stores, better DC items, more gold per post, better chance at a Random Event
  • MC Drawing - you either buy or earn some ticket that enters you into some MC lottery, and people can win MCs (like 5 out of the thousands that have tickets)

Call me Nana
I sign.

This petition is very well thought-out, and I like how you put the emphasis on more ways to earn gold through conscious effort, and not win loads without doing anything. I must admit I was wary at first, but you have convinced me. I remember buying a ninja band for 50k, back in the days. Now it's 640-650k. What happened?! 0_o

However, I have one misgiving about a suggestion that comes around quite often: the chance to sometimes earn MCs through daily chance (albeit excessively rarely), or sealed letters for past months. First off, I want to say I'd like to see that happening. I'd like even having a chance out of a billion to receive a Devil Tail without having to pay 15,000,000G. My concern is about how it could affect the rate of donations, since, after all, the whole purpose of MCs is to incite donations.

I donate to Gaia because I want to support the site and help keep it free. They give me MCs in return and an add-free site, which is great, but not needed. By upping the accessibility of overly-priced items, I'm afraid of how many people who donate simply for the sake of items would stop doing so, since they have a chance of earning some without spending real money. In long-term, it could harm the site, and I'd be more worried about that than inflation.

The suggestion that made me think about this proposed to receive a sealed envelope when you buy a store item. A large majority of users would stop 'buying' MCs since they can use pixels to get them, and Gaia would lose an important income of money if that were to happen. In regards to inflation, that suggestion might actually help, but what good would it really be if the site faced financial problems in return? More ads might compensate, but frankly, it's not the most desirable solution. Alright, so coercing users into donating by dangling shiny new, expensive pixel items in their face might not be morally the best, but it remains that users agree to it consciously, and so do parents who hand over credit cards and 20$ bills.

I know that this suggestion is not in the petition, per say. I agree with your proposition to have small chances to get MCs by other means because it would happen rarely enough that it would not really affect donation rates. I sign for that. But I can't support the suggestion of getting sealed envelopes when buying store items. I hope you consider this when you address the suggestions section.

Questionable Friend

6,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

I had to update the location of the banners as of May 2008, and I would like to apologize to those with banners in their sigs who have had broken-link images displayed. The codes are updated, so by re-applying the code to your sig, the banner will work. Sorry for this inconvenience!

After a notice from an omni-mod, this banner is no longer up for advertisement in your signatures. You can still use it on your profile or website, but it doesn't meet Gaia's file size restrictions. Thanks ~Alechsa~, and sorry to those who got in trouble for supporting the petition!

~Alechsa~
This image banner for your petition is 170,000+ bytes in filesize. The limit for signatures is 100,000bytes total. Please stop providing this image for others as they are ending up with disabled signatures that COST THEM GOLD to re-enable. Thanks!

User Image
[URL=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18128233&page=1]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/arnjeca/MWEG/Banners/animatebanner_MWEG.gif[/img][/URL]

Banner by DarkNecrophia
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18128233]
[img] http://i26.tinypic.com/n4uqs6.jpg[/img][/url]

Banner by Red Dahlia
[img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/7063/mwegsigps8.gif[/img][/url]

Banner by D - c h a n
[img]http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9417/becausebd7.png[/img][/url]

Banner by IR Midna II
[img]http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4725/untitledma1.png
[/img][/url]

User Image
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/arnjecaMWEG/Banners//2banner_MWEG.jpg[/img][/URL]

User Image
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/arnjeca/MWEG/Banners/banner_MWEG.jpg[/img][/URL]

User Image
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/arnjeca/MWEG/Banners/3banner_MWEG.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/arnjeca/MWEG/Banners/sbanner_MWEG.jpg[/img][/URL]

User Image
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/arnjeca/MWEG/Banners/s3banner_MWEG.jpg[/img][/URL]

User Image
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/arnjeca/MWEG/Banners/s2banner_MWEG.jpg[/img][/URL]

User Image
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/arnjeca/MWEG/Banners/s4banner_MWEG.jpg[/img][/url]

Questionable Friend

6,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Current Running Total:
pg 268

1. arnjeca
2. Miss_Chanel
3. Key The Thief (signs twice stare )
4. Tetsuyaka
5. Sorra-chan
6. arrowriver
7. blackkittykat92
8. lunerwolf
9. cushbaby
10. i_got_dance
11. Angel From Your Heaven
12. Queen of Dragons
13. Calianne
14. lauren_ice_sorceress
15. Befu
16. Galenne
17. shyuewa
18. RedDragon30000
19. kitsune_keyblader
20. midnight_dreams67
21. Sleepy_Tuna_FIsh
22. CosaPunk!
23. Kamilyn
24. Dearke
25. SexWithAnAccent
26. alicia91
27. Amanda-Jane
28. Queen Queenie
29. Artimas-one-with-nature
30. Some..Person
31. Okazin
32. gRaVi dream
33. BeautyOfMercury
34. Amaniett
35. Pastel.Dreams
36. KimiKeiko
37. Ayumi Namazaki
38. crash dem <~apparently signs but is a n00b for quoting from the first page
39. Kitsune_Kodomo
40. dianakitsune
41. Morwynn
42. dances with moon wolfs
43. [-Manna-]
44. tweilyght
45. south park idiot
46. pizzaboy220
47. ZeeCrazayHobo
48. `Ducky
49. [Silfaen]
50. Sirenal
51. [kanzen gensou]
52. sassyclassycassie
53. tana`shii
54. Yami Ryu Onnanoko
55. lightdarkling
56. Morgana13
57. WitchChild13
58. MinionKadaju
59. Singing_Spirit
60. Lexi Faggotface
61. iheartmyself666
62. Tonidia Xilo
63. WayRevenge
64. Captaincarnival
65. Koh Kamigawa
66. l)arkReaper
67. thexonlyxdifference
68. Aurelie NFaelin
69. Tareei
70. dragon-lizard
71. .rotten.flowers.
72. maxelie2654
73. th3quack
74. Etereum
75. Kadeinko
76. GinoLeTV
77. .Neko.Serenity.
78. geoffmckee
79. AngelAmy
80. Kidara
81. .Kitsune.Serenity.
82. DarkDragon951
83. Demonic~soul
84. TournSoul
85. hotchic4evur
86. Justin5556<~apparently signs but is a n00b for quoting from the first page
87. LittleGreyFairy
88. Rebecca-Chan
89. ~tsuki~creasent~
90. Sheena_Fujibayashi13
91. JingFa
92. Alita-chan
93. [.emily.]
94. LunaAngel45
95. ~WaterBaby~123~
96. Be Thou Spiffy
97. VampireBloodFire
98. NigtFire
99. a real man
100. stuvart
101. Casee
102. bebechubbs3
103. Stingie
104. Kaito_sama
105. maskedbone
106. Giga-Desp Mk II
107. Best Of Both Worlds
108. Maya_6
109. [. Ichigo .]
110. Ark-Mirshann
111. kino_jupiter
112. ~StarXrunner~<~apparently signs but is a n00b for "I scratched your back"
113. Fallen_Angel_15
114. FallenAsh444
115. Vimpire_inuyoukaigirl
116. timesoul
117. smilylady
118. ace248952
119. Posiaz
120. Mya_kitten
121. AirSpirit313
122. Heathdorka
123. lunabeam19
124. ForeverEnds87
125. NelmaThyria
126. Kwayhquitlam
127. Revenge_of_the_CoffinNail
128. underage_thinking
129. connor218
130. Xion The Drifter
131. Sarcastic Little b***h
132. Kesarii
133. VMasta
134. cute_kitti_610357
135. Takuto_Girl
136. InsaneVampireMaru
137. Bewitched
138. babymew383
139. shadow__dragon
140. [Yuki~Tenshi]
141. Psyche729
142. DepresedLiLFilipinoBoy9o9
143. _witchgirl_4ever_
144. Luv_Liss_Killer
145. swimmengal
146. laogurl96
147. Seiphira
148.Vixen Rose Whip
149. Albra
150. I blue falcon I
151. o_O Crazy_N_Hyper O_o
152. pearlized
153. The Door to Death
154. Morino Wakaba
155. Oasis_Blue
156. rocklee_flat
157. lovexmeighan
158. Danwolf
159. [x~S.O.A.D fanatic186~x]
160. PhantomKid
161. Syreniah
162. ari12wolfie
163. BeautifulChemicalRomance
164. mitsuki-chan989
165. AngelicSword
166. Jaded_Truth
167. manga_lover11
168. skatefire
169. SuperBlade101
170. dix_infiniti
171. dark_illusens
172. Nero The Dark
173. lilshortcake612890
174. NightEmber
175. 65bug
176. Din the fire dancer
177. StarPotential
178. Shadow__Dweller
179. ace248952
180. Parting Gift
181. Miss Mokona Chan
182. SerinaNight
183. VampireKyle
184. Metalithrasha
185. Jajauma Hime
186. ))The.Gunpowder.Treason((
187. blue_lithium
188. Nightgina
189. Frost_Wing
190. Kryseli
191. Element_Sk8er
192. Ayunee
193. jcpogi003
194. Bentotaisho
195. Chibi_StarLyte
196. Whisperingsorrow
197. Zott the Warrior
198. AloneAngel
199. LittleMetalDrop
200. l3e0r
201. my.bloody.valentine27
202. cinderfella
203.` chi
204. Ms. Dorian Gray
205. crsty1961
206. Manic Judai
207. Maverick-87
208. sleeping_seraphim
209. Arwen_Evenstar07
210. Jedi Banjo
211. Titan Puppy
212. vicemage
213. HushedNightmare
214. ItalianBaby1114<~apparently signs but is a n00b for quoting from the first page
215. Piano_Crazed
216. [Pink Flavored Sharpie]
217. J.Foxfire
218. Koaimi Shino
219. Draco Centarus
220. No_Username
221. Kag_Star
222. Wolf Tweak
223. Skyfish
224. Naomai
225. Calico Jenny Flint
226. Imbemenelien
227. Arglist Verderben
228. Uchiha_Itachi666
229. Princessgodess05
230. __iLuvAnim3__
231. blinded--in--chains
232. Samantha_007
233. Celeste Starfyre
234. darkzeldahime
235. Captain Phantom
236. SuperScott78
237. Falco Fan
238. midnitestar101
239. empressjaguar_vamp
240. Hobo13Kitty
241. Fuzzie Llama
242. SakuraGirl837
243. DemonicRocker#1
244. rockyroadtod
245. the deth to you
246. Handover Leftovers
247. NekoMirelle
248. hipanimal
249. Lost_button
250. IHumpMyPillow
251. tsurugi-ijin
252. Kake-chan
253. Deadly Syn
254. anotherbore
255. darkmiko2003
256. satanbunneh
257. Ahzuri
258. invisiblesarcasm
259. Speak To Destroy
260. Drake07
261. -=Urumi_Sakura=-
262. Clark Adams
263. Zen_Grl
264. Daniel-Kun101
265. Jigotiga
266. Arachne Runa
267. Serzie
268. Slain
269. iheartmyself666
270. starash
271. ~TDarkFlames~
272. Kuroi Doragon Chii
273. LadyinWaiting
274. Nek_Arcan
275. LilYoshimi
276. CrystalSakura
277. Twice as Nice
278. death_conqueror
279. kitsuki_whitewolf
280. `Fo `Shizzle
281. Vampire_Evangeline
282. Jawja
283. Gaara-sand-shinobi
284. RubberDuckysFriend
285. mogiks
286. Yaoumei
287. skreenname
288. Astar Dindel
289. `Aeris
290. sigmabladez
291. Reaper17
292. Retiyu
293. peterpcb
294. Geminigirl621
295. Raeka Kumori
296. sadness.in.your.heart
297. shadou-chan
298. Imisohio
299. Sakura~Haruno~667<~apparently signs but is a n00b for quoting from the first page
300. erinmar13
301. Shinda Akuma
302. Queen_Dragonfly
303. Dr Umeda
304. xXxwildCherryblossumxXx
305. TuxedoMask89
306. SailorEarth89
307. [15 inch purple p***s]
308. shas_sairi
309. SexyErty
310. Raver [Nny]
311. V_Shiriyuki_V
312. sea_glitter
313. alexkiitty
314. Chibi Godess
315. Karnokoto
316. Drake07
317. IssacFrost
318. Emo_Skater14
319. Nayelianne
320. Indecisive Yohko
321. Rtas Vadumee
322. inzane krazy
323. .!.Rena.Uchiha.1.
324. mebecj
325. -o-Maye-o-
326. blackdragonfiretime
327. SweetHermes
328. the_luna_diviner
329. waterkat57
330. -_hyppie_-
331. Kromm
332. [ Cyrin Eden ]
333. emo_koji_x3
334. LionPride
335. Ronaldlocke
336. ziyal42
337. vampirewei
338. Harly
339. Coldfront92
340. Pup in Fluff
341. Hitoshi Halfbreed
342. Hisoka_Touhe
343. Lollipop05
344. Lloyd1115
345. Bandaided
346. Maeri-chan
347. Minkish
348. Aarbabie3
349. MollyJones
350. StarxDate
351. Mel_17
352. Lick it
353. Totomae
354. KatherineTaylor
355. .x.Dark Mousy.x.
356. Agent Einstein
357. spike109123
358. francescalucia
359. leftblue
360. Cutie_angel16
361. romantic fairytale
362. Eric G.
363. Rastawn
364. Choopuffdoo
365. XalternativeXauthorityX
366. Iceykitsune
367. ~Night Raver~
368. icyprince88
369. BrackishKitten
370. Eltara
371. asthurath
372. Akimoto Chiaki
373. [Bloody Angel]
374. c00ki3
375. Hayda
376. Bleeding_Blood_Metal_Fan
377. ~The Undead Monkey~
378. Erekayu
379. Teen_Gohan
380. PockyFairy23
381. Mar14k
382. Raven_Demon_Assasin
383. Fistriel
384. MysticWolf39
385. not-a-noob-(yet)
386. Chris Mercury
387. skitchy
388. [M e o w]
389. A.L. LengenMae
390. another_mahou_shoujo
391. DarkCarnelian
392. Sakebu
393. Dornyth
394. May_Rose5
395. vampiric_demonlord
396. Onyxfire1985
397. Tsutsuku
398. Dark Growlithe
399. Panic-At-The-Disco-Girl
400. anzelinia
401. MoonxtaL
402. LustyxChan
403. animeluvrv04
404. Silent Curse
405. armybabe09
406. [Life.In.General]
407. Sayo Hitachiin
408. novie-chan
409. pull_the_triggerXBANG
410. ~+Lucine-Light+~
411. [.matrixzz.]
412. dough_chicken
413. PzykoMunchkin
414. The Sheikah
415. love link
416. Phlute
417. Lanttuh
418. divided by 0
419. C o l e
420. Miss Maki
421. lover 20 wtf
422. Speedfox
423. Trezcatcatl
424. Ontego
425. Let Me Take You In
426. [-Lemony Snicket-]
427. Arauto
428. Deaths_puppet
429. EstrellaOscura
430. Sincere Murder
431. Tijiya
432. Phoenixliv
433. eggplant5000
434. TaKaren
435. Golden_Lie
436. Fluffy the Yaoi Cannibal
437. Teen-Rinku
438. la.best
439. Techi_Angel
440. WarrenSpike500
441. Retarded Tooth Fairy
442. -_-Black_MooMoo-_-
443. musickrazy106
444. xxshroom
445. [Penny-Lane]
446. [spiritchaser]
447. xBabySooFly
448. typical_hottie
449. Nekii
450. B a n i
451. Psychogunfighter
452. x0x0Remi0x0x
453. becs1234
454. cooleRthanNyeRmoM
455. mister_grinny
456. noocleer_biskit
457. senic_orinite
458. cancerbero_8
459. ookami ashi
460. manalover5247
461. Chainnsaw!
462. Raunzel
463. bluewaves89
464. Sumoko-chan
465. likkledibbun
467. Maguszero
468. [ Lapsus Linguae ]
469. =3AmyUzumaki=3
470. Gir65
471. Darkness is a gift
472. harrietti
473. t w i l i g h t . a u r a
474. FierceGaz
475. Physco-David
476. Light Soldier Katarn
477. Blackaver
478. blue demon1221
479. Pinky4256
480. Lord_Kyte
481. Flurgal
482. saturnbeads
483. oxKuroxKasumixo
484. Kamugi-chan
485. [ Patches ]
486. ~Silvur~Wolf~
487. Psychadelic
488. (s)oul
489. peaunut276
490. Kiki_Kat
491. AngelOfBrokenHeartz
492. [anna.mustang]
493. Jessy_messy
494. superman92754<~apparently signs but is a n00b for quoting from the first page
495. Confidential
496. Meanokiwa SanTone
497. Arilyn
498. Miyas Aurion
499. LadyElendir
500. Bombalurina Meow
501. agrab0ekim
502. .diet.coke.with.mms.
503. Mikurani
504. KazeKaitouKyoko
505. 101~Kim Possible~101
506. SpeakOfTheDevil
507. +MyFinalFantasy+
508. White Soot
509. PenguinPunk172
510. Saskesgirl94
511. runningincircles
512. necromancer girl
513. Frigid Shriek
514. Jaenna
515. Sakito
516. Halfway_Down
517. Siguein
518. harunasakurafan
519. kawaiineko12
520. Hallowed Angel
521. AkureiAzumi
522. EvilAngel17
523. fallenheartz
524. psychoshavon
525. xX25centXx
526. XxFallen_tearxX
527. [--Antidaephobia--]
528. Princess Ashe24
529. Pie
530. Taormina
531. [.Rebirth.] Wingless
532. MoonlitShadow87
533. nanachi
534. Amanda [ Oblivious ]
535. AsianPinay!
536. Pocket-sized Pedestrian
537. [~Sakura.Ai~]
538. LadyRoseOfLorien
539. Hinata--Dreams
540. QueenOfPie
541. Eternally Winter
542. DarkMaster3
543. PinkPieLover18
544. [The Pineapple Fairy]
545. [ Hoodie ]
546. ` s i l v e r l o c k e t
547. Natawee!
548. My-Vampire-Heart
549. Die_Fledermaus
550. iceboltmage
551. Plush_Kitten
552. KeikoTheNeko
553. kirbylnt
554. Edward Cullen [wont bite]
555. katgems
556. air_angel0987
557. Cagallia
558. sakura_moon100
559. Snake Doctor
560. t o r m
561. Wavemaster_Hikaru
562. purpleinuyasha
563. Lestelle
564. Misha Akita
565. Alice Cullen [wont bite]
566. The Winterborn
567. [insert.witty.name]
568. hanyou67
569. air_angel0987
570. Dalya
571. D i n a
572. Tieko Koi
573. kunaiguy
574. only333half333evil
575. Yuwain-chan
576. WonderChef Deluxe
577. Kamoria
578. Anona_Rose
579. Senkayun
580. PIMPINpinkL3M0NZ
581. . TWM .
582. keikey
583. `Burty
584. Skittens
585. NeoUltima69
586. AnnaLee88
587. firedude14
588. ladymab<~apparently signs but is a n00b for quoting from the first page
589. Nutmegy<~apparently signs but is a n00b for quoting from the first page
590. Dark Vampiress Elf
591. `Mango
592. watgirl
593. Kanna Krazyy
594. Aryna-chan
595. bunny girl rules
596. smexy_princess_amelia
597. Pete Wentz Stalker
598. Snowgoose
599. Connectionxox
600. .D.a.R.k.N.e.x.X.
601. [crazy-comment]<~apparently signs but is a n00b for quoting from the first page
602. Black Genet
603. [S.E.C.C.O.N]
604. sasuke_itachi_gaara
605. yuki_kyo_sasuke
606. roy mustang1200
607. Hanajima Arashi
608. Eiyuu-san
609. [Whats Emo]
610. Purpleirma
611. Kitsune Kurotsuki
612. Uchiha_Naomi
613. ZodiacMyst
614. Tifa_Lockhart90
615. Ryo-ohki-ninja-
616. hay787
617. Hidden_Desires
618. xUMIXx
619. Ciepher
620. Zackrio
621. .x.+.Nara Iramet.+.x.
622. Heavenline
623. Felicity Charm/[[Powda.Cookie]]]
624. Crow Bunny
625. Jessikherrka
626. ilovepaul101
627. propaganda fairy!
628. XllamaX
629. Gnay
630. Neko~Ramen
631. ~leng.mui~
632. Lunchy
633. Vaati Kanaky
634. Broken_Girl
635. [Pleasurable+Nightmares]
636. Michelle Chiba
637. Ame-Hime
638. Lenre Li
639. Muzzy Slink
640. JadeStrife
641. Stareon
642. J-Bear_loves_Kyo
643. terrible_crash
644. summer2548
645. The Darkshadow Prince
646. Navidian
647. rikuu uchiha
648. Green_Dragon_Rider
649. Narudai
650. Dhampir_Pengu
651. p-s-y-c-h-o
652. angelgirlz04
653. Kasumi008^_^
654. Gothic Hippie Mii
655. kitty shoes
656. MouseyGal
567. MusicBonez
658. Zephire
659. Enkzilla
660. sxc_gangsta<~apparently signs but is a n00b for quoting from the first page
661. Get_to_the_Choppa
662. []...[]Tasha[]...[]
663. Rikku shadows of air
664. Lord Daragos
665. yinyang101
666. IvySan
667. seaottergrl
668. chibi-mika
669. Immortal Goldfish
670. Slig Storm
661. Meisugi_Jaganshi
672. Rye-Kun_450
673. Marshal Lannes
674. Singing Bunny
675. Tierry Morello
676. Googoie
676. Corasu

Questionable Friend

6,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

To uphold the legitimacy of this petition, I am posting when I make updates to the statements, suggestions, or whatnot. Also, I am keeping track of "monumental" happenings. It is also for your information, in case you care about that sort of thing.

Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:48 pm - MWEG Petition born and opened!

Oct 7 - 70 sigs, added "Cool People" and "Updates" Contents.
*first time to see a fellow Gaian carrying a MWEG banner in their sig!!
Oct 8 - Added "Better Prizes for the Daily Random Chance" idea
Oct 9 - 86 sigs, added "Disclaimer" to Rules statement, added a few more "Good Ideas" petition links.
Oct 12 - Gaia added larger "first time" bonuses. visit post
Oct 13 - 100 sigs!
Oct 14 - some slightly major editing to the petition statement ("I have a life" statements), added affiliates against inflation and other fun petitions, added rules 9, 10, and 11. 110 sigs and 200 votes (83%-yes, I have thought it takes too long/is too hard to earn Gold on Gaia, 17%-no)!
Oct 16 - random idea, but if I don't get it down I'll never remember it...the cowpoke (for male/female) set petition: chaps, belt buckle, pioneer dress, pioneer bonnet, cowboy hats, spurs, cowboy boots, neck bandannas, bandit bandannas (hiding face...like a bandit -.-), wrangling rope, branding iron (G for Gaia)...if I ever feel like doing another petition, I'll think I'll try this idea...something easier than MWEG -.-....
Oct 17 - Reached page 20, 141+ votes, and 230 poll participants, also added another disclaimer: "I don't hate the mods or their work."
Oct 21 - I'm kinda disappointed in the lack of attention this petition is receiving of late...but I did add three more links to other noteworthy petitions. Reached 150+ signs and 240+ votes. Added "Pre-Read" under Petition Statement. Added pearlized's comment referring to Neopets (under Suggestions/More Games)
Oct 23 - Added "# people think gold is hard to earn blahblah...# people have done something about it" statement.
Oct 26 - Gaia added the Jigsaw Puzzle game! view post
Oct 29 - Added FAQ (191 sigs!)
Oct 30 - 203 signs!! ideas to add on: reiterate items from inactive accounts/put them in daily chance, add more rare events, have one month out of the year where random past donation items can be obtained.
Nov 10 - Added rule 11 (DONT PM ME!) and amended under Ideas for Earning More Gold, Games. Over 275 sigs and 385 votes.
Nov 11 - Added 3 bold paragraphs in the beginning of the Ideas for Earning More Gold. For the love of all, I hope people read them.
Nov 13 - Reached 300 signs, and over 400 votes in favor.
Nov 18 - Made new banner! It's ANIMATED!!! blaugh
Dec 1 - Reached 400 signs, and over 550 votes in favor, and ah, new suggestion, b4 i forget -- be able to sell back items to shop owners/new "pawn shop/DI" for a little under market price or original value--this is to counter what happens when items are being sold for 400 less G than the original price in the marketplace (example, clock radio, etc, or gaia artwork--in under two weeks i saw it change from 250G to 40G O.o)
Jan 1 - Gaia gave us double gold to start off the new year! view post
2007 Jan 3 - added a bunch of quotes in both the suggestions and "voice of the people" sections. 570+ sigs and 780+ votes in favor.
Jan 6 - added another Q&A (girafe's) and also added a redeeming part to the disclaimer. just broke 800 in votes in favor, and almost 590 sigs, as well as almost 1,000 replies.
Jan 8 - 600 votes! over 1000 votes, 80+ in favor. Increased the amount earned by posting/surfing/commenting! view post
Jan 13 - New Poll! Old Poll Count: "Do you think it is too hard or takes too long to earn Gold on Gaia?" [835 (82%) Yes] [184 (18%) No] [a total of 1019 Votes].
Jan 17 - Added the Argument section and moved it to the top of the second post. stupid n00bs.
Jan 22 - Wow, already 700+ signs and 130+ votes in favor. rock on gaia!
Feb 3 - Holy carp! over 320 votes on the new poll! and almost 800 sigs. This petition keeps gaining ground!
Feb 17 - Almost 900 sigs, and 450+ votes, 300+ in favor. Added new banners/headers and STOP Inflation Section.
Feb 27 - Almost 1k sigs!! 73% [ 506 ] votes in favor, 26% [ 180 ] against. Added "Kind Criticism" and "JackDonkeys and Flamers" sub-sections underneath "Shrine to Supporters" section.
Mar 17 - More than 1250+ signs, and the poll is over 1k in votes, 73% answering "yes." I also added the "don't sign/sign for this post" headers because, apparently, most of gaia is filled with retards who only read about two sentences before flaming/signing.
April 18 - 1669 sigs, 1809 votes, 1350, or 74%, in favor.
June 16 - 2314 sigs, 2157 votes say yay, and 685 nay, or 75% vote yes and 24% no. Recently receive much support and luffs. Updated here and there, cleaning old things up, but nothing dramatic. It's summer, so I'll be adding more ideas within the next few months. The petition is growing faster than I can update!!
Aug 9 - well, i can hardly keep up the updating since i'm moving out for college and whatnot. also, i don't know what to do with this now, so i'm just going to post it here so i can deal with it later smile
Aug 23 - The admins revamped the Marketplace and added a 2% "listing tax" on items to help cut back on inflation. In honesty, it should be a sales tax, a tax paid by the buyer, not one where the seller suffers. In this instance, the seller is more likely to raise his/her price. Click here to see the announcement!
Admin Lead
here is now a 2% listing fee for all items in the Marketplace. This means that if your item is sold, Gaia will take a 2% cut of the selling price. This will help stabilize the Gaia economy by controlling inflation and preventing abuse of the Marketplace.

2008 May 20-24 - It's been a while, but I have just done a huge amount of updating. ALL text on the petition is updated, except the green post, which is yet to come. The Arguments and Petition Statement post was absolutely gutted. I deleted anything unnecessary, including some user quotes. It's been two years since MWEG started, and as the petition has matured, I believed the text should be more mature as well. Also, I had to move the MWEG banners, so an apology to those with broken-link sigs. The new codes should work. The final tweak was that I put teh Table of Contents right after the MWEG Header post and before the Arguments/Petition Statement post. I also reversed the order in that post, and put the Petition Statement first, Arguments after. I decided this would give users more aid in navigating the large petition.

Questionable Friend

6,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

These are the people who have left positive comments, given excellent suggestions, been very supportive, or put MWEG Banners on their signatures or up in their petitions!

*Whoa. I guess I had no idea how thankful some of you users are. I've been called someone's personal savior twice, have been fed cookies three times, hugged(/huggled?), kissed, worshiped, and thanked many times over the past four months. Because of this newly achieved celebretoric fan service, I'm adding a "Fan" section, my way of saying thankyou for being so kind. Sorry for those who have worshiped me earlier, but I don't have the time to read from page 1 to make sure I get everyone.*

I added a flamer section, because, well, I get a LOT of flamers--and I'm not talking about just n00bs or random "not signing!", I'm talking about mean and even vicious attacks on this petition and myself. If your name is on the "blacklist," it doesn't mean I hate you and am trying to "get back" at you, it just means you said some dumb, rude, or snotty things it would have been better not to say, and now Gaia rightly knows how much of a jerk you can be...not that you probably care anyway. (apology+delete comment=name off the list!)

Positive Comments/ Support Team
Anjeile [she bumps] 3nodding
Lexi Faggotface
Key The Thief
Pastel.Dreams
Tonidia Xilo
WayRevenge
l)arkReaper
katlyn x3
.44Caliber
maxelie2654
GinoLeTV
AngelAmy
Kidara
DarkDragon951
Be Thou Spiffy
Stingie
Kaito_sama
Heathdorka
pearlized
Morino Wakaba
Oasis_Blue
Syreniah
))The.Gunpowder.Treason(
Chibi_StarLyte
Zott the Warrior
AloneAngel
my.bloody.valentine27
vicemage
mogiks
Reaper17
Karnokoto
IssacFrost
Pup in Fluff
Totomae
XalternativeXauthorityX
c00ki3
PockyFairy23
Mar14k
NecrosLoveZombies
Tijiya
WarrenSpike500
[Penny-Lane]
` s i l v e r l o c k e t<--my first fangirl, haha cool
S.E.C.C.O.N
roy mustang1200
kannachan13
Lord_Tzeen
Heaven of Sky
[Lily975]
perfect tea
kaze no sakura
619Latina
Banksi
Nakamara
WolfKunoichi27 lurks and comments smile
DarkNecrophia
Kinari Kaze
Hotaru Ai
Shorik
Whisperingsorrow
`danisaurus
Xaralyth
giraffie
Makki Moro
tail_vilios_the_drifter
~Keyomei~
Poodie Tang
Harkuia
lillith_the_lost_light
+..Raven Savior..+
Yoko ~ Kurama
Bump_Ninja
muad dib 69
Nitro-kun
Nocturnal Static
[.trashed.soul.]
Alaisiaga
gambitartist
Anjeile
Nimbostratus
morbiDreamscape
Shroopliss
memarcus
Lekgolo Halo
Sin of fallen angels
Flitterfire
Orgasmic BOOM
Noeth Owen
Kyliara
Christinale
Chamequine
Nachttoter
Senkiri
jed12395
Hitori Sama
Jena-su
J. D. Klein
Erika_Barton
Divinegon
Norxalia
Unwantedhearts
Wanting
born2surf
Adain Unig
Zeritho
Dark Violla
Wonderland In Flames
Dragon of Rising Star
A[x]el
Condom In A Can
Anti Yiff
SexySexMuffin
Celithia
Rule322
Isthene
Falcon Samilka
The Yaoi God
D - c h a n heart
IR Midna
AriRashkae
EscapingTheSanity
Jbvalo19
Bittersweet Blue
+Karvanoppa+
Call me Nana
The Mean Green Apple
Dead-Angel_Candy [omg she rhead teh rhules!]

Kind Criticism (which I love!)/Questioners (list is too small sad )
Orangeefu
~Keyomei~
Alsray
giraffie
xheavenxhelpxusx
`F r o u [. frou .]
Walfie heart
Christinale
Lori_keet
SuperNuku
GlindaAlpha
Black Dragon Disciple
Dignity of Wrath
Divinegon
wellwisher
Trinity Kitty
[[Beautiful]] l i e
Falcon Samilka
Brenna Blackbird
Flowerofthemoon
Call me Nana
Haru9999
Maisiema
Kailae

Excellent Suggestions
Befu
gRaVi dream
`Ducky
GinoLeTV
maskedbone
BrackishKitten
EstrellaOscura
WarrenSpike500
` s i l v e r l o c k e t
Serzie
Reaper17
HushedNightmare
Dark Vampiress Elf
kannachan13
Curiosity Killed Katy
Tokonona
Kinari Kaze
DarkNecrophia
littlemonstargirlie
Yoko ~ Kurama
Aliice In Wonderland
Nocturnal Static
[.trashed.soul.]
Anjeile
WolfKunoichi27
Nachttoter
jed12395
[.ti.amo.]
WolfbaneFenrir
LadyAquatica
Akshamala
Divinegon
wellwisher
Zeritho
`Ducky
Kusajishi-chan
Pardi
D - c h a n
Call me Nana
AcerbicAcid

MWEG Advertisers! ( heart Me HEROES!! heart )
thexonlyxdifference
Chibi_StarLyte
LittleMetalDrop
Piano_Crazed
Ms. Dorian Gray
SuperScott78
starash
FlakeyGoodness
Jawja
Hitoshi Halfbreed
Agent Einstein
BrackishKitten
cooleRthanNyeRmoM
Jessy_messy
J-Bear_loves_Kyo
kannachan13
Chibidestiny
Tokonona
perfect tea
DarkNecrophia
RavenEternal
Bee Vanilla
Red Dahlia
Xaralyth
giraffie
tail_vilios_the_drifter
Poodie Tang
Aagafaba
Yoko ~ Kurama
Nitro-kun
Quantum_Zero
Ark_Tony
Mark_Vernon
sweet-yet-sour156
goldensun2680
`Dark Bubbles
zar slivdra
gambitartist
kimikochan96
Kouenki
-Queerdo
stylish lady
Anauke
kianacouture
thereisdead
lichy_kradziej
UninterestingSilents
Barbie-G
Akshamala
Aridus
Akatami
Cetta
[-Crow-]
Adain Unig
[Hitomi.Chan]
[.Bolt.]2
Shin-Maruku
WhoaaaThere
eternallove67
Foofy_Miru
Zeritho
Itsuki.san
guzzyy
starstrike_2
Runya_EithelNar
oOwings-of-wordsOo
Bittersweet Blue
Runya_EithelNar
kawaii sock eater
Lanxal
InuokoSalent

My Fans/Thankyou-ers
` s i l v e r l o c k e t
Marshal Lannes
xXChibiDeathXx
BubbleBlossoms
Heaven of Sky
Tokonona
LeonardosGirl
[C]rystal
Lolita Kitsu
Goddess of Elementals
PirateNinjaDrummerGirl
Xaralyth
Magic Toast
PoisonIvy Mistress
~Lord Nightsorrow~
Poodie Tang [nominates me for president!]
Yoko ~ Kurama
Aliice In Wonderland
Matt0uuw
[ xbuttonsandstarsx ] [wants me to have her babbies!]
Elemental Silver [wants to marry me! or does she...?]
Rai_Sin
spot of tea
Lhanae [one of the many who love my organization!]
[Youtube.Junckie]
eternallove67
Norxalia
The Yaoi God
Tierryn [one of the many who love my organization!]
X kamerek X
Tika_Freeze
cakareal
Lockany [i read minds...]
The Ace of Clubs [wants my e-babies]
InsomniaWalking
femmefatalinuyashagirlXIX
Falcon Samilka
Asuna-Chan13 [likes my sassy attitude]
kimikochan96
ckmidnight [likes my acidic writing tone!]
Akshamala
Lucefiel ["these ideas OWNS!"]
Graceless Sans laGrace
Noeth Owen
ShadowAmaryllis
kilasnari-chan [i am her gaian hero!]
Seika Arai ["will you marry me?"]
Hideko Uzumaki`
lozer_killa
CLeVeR FooL
Call me Nana
Roleplay_Fanatic [one of the most brilliant persons ever]
Romancing Train
CreatorOfKirameku
A[x]el
WolfbaneFenrir [called me an angel redface ]
Dragon of Rising Star
Lord_Awesome
Evil Child of the Devil
The Mean Green Apple ["You are GORGEOUS. heart "]
R a B i D-t o m a t o
KaenIttou [blows a kiss]
ChrnosMiko
Kiseki-chi
ShadowOfTheReaper [you're welcome]
Adain Unig
[Deadly+Lovely]
[. Kiara .]
The Unknown Shadow [damn right i'm damn right!]

JackDonkeys and Flamers
Gramma Rassie
tuna-chan (who oddly signs...?)
xSpirit Of The Springx
cloudstrife0-
` Shigure
[.Pop_Tab.]
Kioto_wind
`dizzilicious!
kuroi_omoi
ExiledDemise
waterfae9
acidragon2
Tsunami611 [worst idea ever?]
Hunter666
Kaite Holmes(omg. i never thought someone would be so immature...)
Mimisi Setsuai [i pmed her to help clarify [per usual, i might add--i often try to help clear things up], and she reported me as a troller stare ]
Unicorn Soup
miimegii-sama
Jerritt Todd
Rionsuke
Disposable Razorblade [...in big red font she booed the petition...]
.[ Cheesecube ].

something i just need to reply to...(not a flamer!)
DavidWhy
Cartheinsane

I don't see how getting more gold makes prices of things go up...

If more people play more games then logically gold is being created out of nothing. When gold is introduced to the system but no gold is removed you get inflation. The end result is pricier items.

Questionable Friend

6,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

ehem...well, here are some shameless plugs for my own personal pages... sweatdrop Please check them out--I would honestly be very grateful!

Check out these Petitions and STOP Gaia's insane inflation!

User Image
User Image

Little One at Heart: Children's Clothes for Adult Gaians!

Elemental Gaians

Clean Up the Marketplace!

Ability to Preview Items in the Marketplace

User Image

User Image

User Image
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out