Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Art Studio is officially closed as of July 23rd.
I'm pretty sure you all saw this coming.
I've lost interest, yes, in this shop, but mostly in gaiaonline itself.
I've been on Gaia for 5 years, and with this shop for 3.
I guess it's time to leave.
I might be back, but I might not. I don't know.
But I'd like to thank you all for being supportive and making my stay in Gaia a pleasant one.
See you.
- Zato.

User Image

`introduction;;

User Image
One day, whilst exploring the streets of Durem, you come upon a green store surrounded by grey. The big sign on the roof of the store proclaims, "The Art Studio." Intrigued, you push open the door.

The inside of the store has a light green wall paper. The store seems to be empty, so you take a good look around. Some 'art studio', there aren't even any easels or art supplies around.

The door has a switch. Examining it, you murmur to yourself, "What's this? Hmm... Durem... Ler-leralonde..." You flick the switch to 'Leralonde'. Nothing seemed to happen so you continued exploring the store. The only art stuff you could find was about three paint tubs. They didn't have protective plastic seal things so you twisted them open. They were all dry.

"This place sucks. I'm leaving." You pull open the door and step out. Instead of the cold concrete of Durem, your feet hit soft grass. What the hell? You stumble in surprise and knock over a flowerpot.

"Oh! Hello!" you hear a girl's voice say, then footsteps. A head pops out from the doorway. "Um. Are you okay?"

"Oh sure. Just dandy." You say sarcastically, pulling yourself up. You look at her. She has a name tag that says "HELLO, my name is Taranis Painter". "Where am I?"

"Leralonde." The girl said. "You fiddled with the switch, didn't you."

"...yesss..." You mutter, ashamed.

"Well, this is Leralonde. Home of paintlings."

"What the heck are paintlings?"

---<3---

Welcome to my breedables store. You may visit the old thread here, or the guild here.

---<3---

Table of Contents

// POST1: intro // POST2: about // POST3: availability // POST4: itemshop // POST5: paintlings // POST6: rp info // POST7: marriages etc // POST8: events // POST9: leralonde/felagund // POST10: extra art // POST11: rules/faq // POST12: lists // POST13: links // POST14: staff // POST15: credits //

User Image
User Image

`about;;

Taranis sits down on the sofa and gestures for you to sit as well.

"Why?"

"Listen."

She clears her throat and begins to tell a story...

User Image"Aaaages ago, there lived two summoners. These two summoners' names were Aranel and Fefalas, and coincidentally, they were twins. Fefalas, the darker one of the two, decided to destroy the world and attempt to rebuild it, as he disliked the world as it was. Aranel discovered Fefalas' plan and sought to drive it out of his head but she failed to do so.

"In desperation, Aranel bought a bunch of containers and went to put the as many souls of humans in them. However, Aranel wasn't too skilled a summoner and some souls got... well, mixed with others. Aranel pasted labels that said 'paint' on each container.

"Then came the day where Fefalas was to destroy the world. He had swept a bunch of belongings that were important to him to a safe place, a place he would not harm. Aranel told him that she wanted to keep her paint tubs, and he shrugged. Aranel placed the paint tubs in a safe location.

"Fefalas started on destroying the world. In a flash of light Fefalas had dissapeared. Fefalas wasn't strong enough a summoner, and his spell, well, backfired. Aranel grinned. She could 'resurrect' the souls now!

"Grabbing a tub, Aranel muttered a spell at it. Nope. Nothing happened. Aranel did not know how to get the people out. She tried opening the tubs, but all she could see was dried paint. She had turned the humans into... paint! Aranel gave up hope on those whose souls were in the tubs and continued on with life. Eventually, she had forgotten about there whereabouts.

"Hundreds of years later on, a painter-- Taranis Painter, me, lived in some apartment. No, really. Anyway, I, well, loved to paint! (Well, duh.) But sometimes I forgot to throw away some of my hardened paint tubs and just left them lying around.

"One day, by chance, I happened to re-discover a tub of dried paint. I remembered it, it was my favourite tub of pastel paint. I wondered if I could add water and un-harden it. So I walked over to the water faucet. Nothing.

"'Oh rightio. Today is the day where they're shutting down the water system to repair some pipes or something like that.' I recalled seeing the poster stuck in the main hall of my apartment building. The poster also had a map marking the location of a water faucet.

"I shrugged, grabbed a bucket, and marched to the faucet. I filled the bucket until it was dangerously full, and carried the now heavy bucket up to my apartment, where I carefully measured it in a little glass jar. Some glitter and little things fell from a shelf into the glass jar as I poured the water, but I thought nothing of it. I then poured the water in the paint tub. By then it was late and I decided to go to sleep, not noticing the paint tub's odd sudden glow that soon faded away.

"The next day, when I had awaken, I had totally forgotten about the tub and went around my daily duties.

"One day, after doing my daily grocery shopping, I returned to find the same pastel paint tub glowing oddly. I gasped in shock, cautiously tip-toed towards the tub, and bravely pulled off the cap. To my great surprise and delight, inside the tub sat a beautiful little baby. I named these creatures that emerged from paint tubs 'paintlings'."

---<3---

"I... see..." You mutter, not sure you really do.

"Maybe this chart will help?" Taranis asks as she taps a chart on the wall with her finger.

User Image
1: Paint Tub. Oooh, you got a paint tub. Just add water! No, really! You can purchase Magical Water for 200g at the item store. In your journal, RP yourself pouring it in and it glowing. The glow has to fade away. And yeah. Etc.

User Image

2: Baby. Your paint tub will glow oddly non-stop when the paint has become a baby. P a i n t e r will post something on this thread and PM you with a notice to check the thread for an event. You will have to post something about you opening the paint tub. At this stage they are very dependent on you. You have to feed it, play with it, etc.

User Image3: Toddler. Now your baby is no longer wrapped in a bundle of blankets. Some paintlings will grow wings at this stage, but cannot fly too well yet. At this stage they will want to explore and wander off. Make sure you know where they are, you never know what lurks in the shadows... And you also have to teach them how to walk and talk, and all that good stuff. Have fun and good luck with that (you'll need it. xD) You have to be active for your toddler to grow into a child, like maybe roleplaying, in here or in the RP thread, or adding journal entries other than when your baby grew into a toddler etc.

User Image4: Child. Your toddler is a child now. They can speak, walk, and fly, all those basics. Also, now is when you may get the grading cards event. You must take care of your paintling well. Children can be very demanding. Often, you will recieve random events with them begging for new toys, some extra dessert, whatever. You also have to make sure the child makes good friends. Starting from this stage, your paintling's friends will start to influence their own personalities.

User Image

5: Tween. They want more independence even when they can't take care of themselves. They also start being interested in the opposite gender, and realize that 'cooties' don't exist. If your paintling really really really wants to, then paintlings can start dating at this stage. (Ooerr...)

User Image

6: Teen. Paintlings can start dating. Most of them also want independence. Most paintlings will also discover their powers in this stage. Remember, when role playing them with their powers - they just got these powers. They aren't pros. So yes. GOD MODDERS SHALL DIE. Ok? Ok.

User Image

7: Young Adult. Your paintling is almost an adult but they still need to get used to all this independence. Oh yeah, they should probably get a job and stop sponging off you. Once they get a job, they will be able to earn their own gold. This gold isn't real gaian gold, but it can be spent in the item store and all.

User Image

8: Adult. Hooray! An adult! Your paintling can now also get married. You still have to update it's journal and rp and everything, though. Paintlings stop growing physically at this stage. They may age, but they won't look any older.

User Image

9: Elder. Not all paintlings become elders. It's a special stage obtained through a SECRET THINGY OK?!! Elder paintlings have mastered their powers, and are not necessarily really really old. Which is good 'cause Zato can't draw old people. xD

User Image
User Image

`availability;;

"So how would someone get a paint tub to start with?"

"Well, we sell them!"

"Great! Where?"

Taranis gestures towards a set of shelves with 4 levels.

---<3---

FLATSALE
None

ORPHANAGE
None

AUCTIONS
None

CUSTOMS
Customs will be auctioned off.

---<3---

"There's... nothing there."

"Oh. Sorry. But usually when there are some paint tubs there people have to fill out a form."

"A form? To buy a pot of paint?!"

"Well, they're children aren't they?" Taranis says, sighing and raising her eyebrows. She shoves a form at you so you can take a look.

---<3---

Send trade to ZATOSHIKA. T'would be helpful if you included the page number where your order is located in the trade title.
Normal flatsale price: 10k
The price is 10k because there are 9 possible stages currently, and we don't use templates, each stage is totally unique. How you RP the paintling and all also affects it. So don't whine or I'll whack you head off with a paintbrush. mad

When ordering from flatsale/orphanage, use this form: (delete the stuff in the brackets)

form
Guardian(s): (You or a friend's username, yes, couples can be guardians of the same paintling)
Paint:
By:
Cost:
Prompt:
DANCE.

form for orphanage
Guardian(s):
Paintling:
By:
Cost:
Why do you think you'd be a good owner?:
Dance.

User Image
User Image

`item shop;;

"We stock food, toys, and other things to keep your paintling happy with."

---<3---

<3

User Image
User Image

`paintlings;;

Taranis points to a wall with photos of... paintlings taped on.

"These are all the paintling children we know of existing right now."

---<3---

Elders
None

Adults
None

Young Adults
None

Teens
None

Tweens
User Image User Image User Image User Image

Children
User Image

Toddlers
User Image User Image User Image

Babies
User Image

Tubs
User Image User Image User Image

---<3---

Latest to Grow/Arrive

User Image

User Image
User Image

`roleplaying information;;

Taranis then shoves a loooong roll of paper in your hand.

"Holy-"

---<3---

PAINTLINGS are RP-INTENSIVE pets.

Make sure you have fulfilled these requirements to advance to the next stage before you DEMAND "ZOMGWTFWHYISN'TMYBEBEHGROWING?!"
When we say 'post about growing' we mean other than just lazy quoting action.
FOR ALL STAGES:: YOU MUST POST AN ENTRY IN YOUR JOURNAL AT LEAST ONCE EVERY WEEK. YOU ALSO HAVE TO POST IN THIS THREAD NOW AND THEN.
TUB to BABY::
~ Claim your posts
~ Start setting up.
~ Post about obtaining a tub.
~ Post about showing the tub to someone.
~ Pour the water.
~ Wait.

BABY to TODDLER::
~ Post about growing.
~ Post about showing the baby to someone.
~ Finish setting up.
~ Wait.

TODDLER to CHILD::
~ Post about growing.
~ Post about teaching child to talk/walk/etc.
~ Have a playdate with someone.
~ Paintling should be enrolled in Nursery/Kindergarten by now.
~ Wait.

CHILD to TWEEN::
~ Post about growing.
~ RP in guild.
~ Grading cards
~ Enroll in school.
~ Wait.

TWEEN to TEEN::
~ Post about growing.
~ Post about your paintling dealing with growing up.
~ RP in guild.
~ Grading cards
~ Wait.

TEEN to YOUNG ADULT::
~ Post about growing.
~ Post about your paintling dealing with growing up.
~ Post about newfound powers/magic/skills (if any. remember, they just got these powers/magic/skills so they ARE NOT TOTAL PROS.)
~ RP in guild.
~ Grading cards
~ Wait.

YOUNG ADULT to ADULT::
~ Post about growing.
~ Post about paintling dealing with all this responsibility.
~ RP in guild.
~ Grading cards
~ Wait.

ADULT to ELDER::
???

User Image
User Image

`marriages, breeding & more;

"Can paintlings marry?" You ask.

"Duh yeah. They're like humans!" Taranis chucks a book at your head called "Paintling Marriages, Breeding & More." It's a very thin book.

---<3---

Marriage
Methinks the paintlings are all too young right now.

Breeding
Methinks the paintlings are all too young right now.

Grading Cards
Grading cards start for paintling when they are children.

Inactive Guardians
You will have some warnings before your paintling gets taken away. One when you are about to become inactive (this isn't noted on here), another when you are inactive, and a last one when we take your paintling away.
((For our reference. Name // # of warnings. Strike out = paintling is gone))

User Image
User Image

`events;;

"Does anything... happen in Leralonde? Do you celebrate holidays?"

"Yep. I post flyers for events on the door there."

You check the door.

---<3---

There are currently no events

User Image
User Image

`leralonde & felagund;;

"Is Leralonde the only home of paintlings?"

"No."

Taranis types something on her laptop and then shows it to you. It is a website.

---<3---

The Town of Leralonde
User Image
Leralonde is a mysterious town far from the known towns in gaia. It is accessible through your rp houses. If you'd like to have a house in Leralonde, which would be quite helpful as that is where the fields, malls, and all those paintling things are located. But don't worry, you don't have to MOVE houses. To set up a portal to Leralonde, just rp in the Paintling's Store thread in the guild about going to the store and asking for a portal to be set up. Then your rp self can access the town of Leralonde much more convieniently, by the flick of a switch thing on the door.

Anyways, Leralonde is pretty safe for now, but who knows what will happen next? It was also the hometown of Fefalas and Aranel, the two summoners who, well, trapped souls in paint tubs that are now reborn as paintlings.

There seems to be no end to the size of Leralonde, it spawns space when more people move in.

User Image
The Town of Felagund
Little is known of Felagund. It is a town, somewhat similar to Leralonde, but far less cheery.

Felagund is named after Fefalas, and is founded by a mysterious stranger whose name is unknown.

Felagund is filled with paintlings, brought up to be evil.

Apparantly someone had also discovered the race of paintlings, and taught them to use their powers for evil.

Oddly and fortunately enough, the situation between Leralonde and Felagund are peaceful currently.

User Image
User Image

`art commisions;;

You look around and you spot a purple-and-green haired elven girl.

"Who's she?"

"Artist-person. She does portraits of people and their paintlings."

---<3---

FOR ART COMMISIONS, PLEASE GO HERE:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
User Image

`rules & faq;;

"So there are no rules?"

"Of course there are!"

Taranis points at a wall filled with rules.

---<3---

1x No begging, haggling, typing in chatspeek, stretching the page, plagiarising, etc.
2x Be patient -- dude, we have lives. Don't demand that we grow your freaking tub.
3x Read the entire page.
4x Don't complain or I'll hack your head off with an axe. Kay? Good. 8D
5x In the forms, where it says "dance", put "Do you know the muffin queen?"
6x Send the trade after ordering if speed-sale. if prompt, wait.
7x One paint tub per person in a flatsale. Unless you buy one for self and one for friend.
8x Three paint tubs per person for now. (We'd actually prefer one per person, but whatever)
9x Don't start a riot. Have fun. ;D

---<3---

"I'd like to ask..."

"Don't ask. Read first."

---<3---

Q: Can I have a free Paintling?!
A: No. Not unless you're a friend of Ivo and Zato IRL.

Q: Can I buy a Paintling for my friend?
A: Yes.

Q: Can you have two guardians for one paintling, like a couple or two friends?
A: Yes.

Q: omgx lolzerz!!!!!! u suk lol. i dun lyk ur drawings.
A: That's nice. Now run along, children, before Ivorie hits you with her Penguin slippers.

Q: I'm leaving gaia/too busy to take care of my paintling. What do I do?
A: You can post here saying that you are going to give your paintling to a friend, or post saying you're putting your paintling up for adoption.

Q: I'm going on holiday/going somewhere where there's no internet.
A: Post here and tell us.

Q: I was wondering though-- when you say roleplay, who else can we roleplay with? Other than the other guardians.
A: Maybe some NPC paintlings/guardians.

Q: OMFG WHY DOES ZATO TAKE FOREVER TO GROW MY KID? WTF?!
A: Duuude. I have to fix this whole page, manage the guild, update thumbnails, and basically I do a LOT with the store. And I have a lot of homework and stuff.

Q: How big is a paintling?
A: Good question! When they are born, they are the same size as regular paint tub. About 2 inches or so. Then they have a rapid growth spurt. By the time they reach toddler stage or maybe before that, they'd be at a regular human-size for whatever stage they are.

---<3---

"That's nice and all, but really, I was wondering where the toilets were."

"Oh. Over there."

User Image
User Image

`lists;;

Taranis points to two lists on the wall.

"This is the list of people who are always welcomed."

User Image
+ Luna Artemis - frieendd
+ Sarojini - green-obsessed friend. need i say more?
+ xxRy - friend-that-spawns-british-accents
+ MoonVixen - police-that-reports-theft!
+ Mia Sharra - police-that-reports-theft!

"And people who are not."

User Image
- ~Pandah Faith~ - attempted to auction off Zato's lineart
- Angel_Wolf_27 - plagiarism, unneccessary swearing, etc etc etc. proof:x x x (screenies courtesy of moonvixen)
HAHAHAH you think saying this helps? If any that makes Zato very angry. Since she's in charge of the front page, you get a permanent place here! Enjoy. ^_^ And you get a warning from ivorie.
Angel_Wolf_27
you forgot we gopyed your ******** guild damn you...bishes

Ivorie
a warning If he tried anything like that again, I will kick his a** so hard that they'll have to use a crowbar to get my foot outta there stare scream

User Image
User Image

`links;;

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/yf79am][img]http://tinyurl.com/yeb3el[/img][/url]

Affiliates
User Image

Visit Zato's Minishop!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
User Image

`staff;;

User ImageZATOSHIKA
Name: Zatoshika
AKA: Zato;
Likes: ipods; discmans; dj headphones; black nail polish; rock music;
Dislikes: too much to list;
Quote: "RADxCORE."; "I HATE THAT WOMAN!"; "Huh? Were you saying something, 'cause I swear I heard a squeaking noise."
Job(s): Owner; Full-time Artist; manager; P a i n t e r's Personal Stylist; Front-page-updater; Banner-fixer; Layout-fixer; sorting out payments for staff; The weirdo who came up with the idea of paintlings during a particularily boring math class; professional loser;

User Image

[ X_BLEEDING ROSES_X ]
Name: [ X_Bleeding Roses_X ]
AKA: Shaz
Likes: Cheese, Fudge, Weirdness, nice people, sketching, writing and maths class (because it's good for a nice nap)
Dislikes: Bulldogs and insects D=
Quote: "I would be a vegetrian but I love meat too much"
Job(s): RP manager

User Image

xxRY
Name: xxRy
Aka: Sheen
Likes: Proper spelling, cookie dough icecream, gaming, and slacking off
Dislikes: Annoying people ticks me off )<
Quote: "I THINK I ATE A CARROT"
Jobs: Items manager, resident a*****e.

Past Staff

IVORIE - Our Ex-Co-Owner/Full-Time Artist and the one and only Muffin Queen!
LUNA ARTEMIS - Our Ex-RP Manager/Part-Time Artist!
MOON VIXEN - Our Ex-Item Shop Artist!

User Image
User Image

`credits;;

User Image
The Paintlings Store!

The idea of journals are (c) Anya! XD. All the 'rooms' and things in the guild are made with MiniRoomMaker.com or uyenle.com/maker, unless otherwise stated. The idea of paintlings is (c) Zatoshika. <33

Oh, and thank you Pi-Sama for giving painter an uberrad umbrella.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces