Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sleep is great.

I agree. 0.56142131979695 56.1% [ 553 ]
I disagree. 0.011167512690355 1.1% [ 11 ]
Sleep? What's that? Is it fizzy? 'Cause I like fizzy stuff. *twitch* 0.22030456852792 22.0% [ 217 ]
I'mma be a cattle when I grow up! 0.057868020304569 5.8% [ 57 ]
x_x 0.047715736040609 4.8% [ 47 ]
I voted your topic up! 0.10152284263959 10.2% [ 100 ]
Total Votes:[ 985 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 114 115 116 > >> >>> »|

User Image

SHOP STATUS:
Closed indefinitely - Madness! Please read the news (under the green NEWS For Sept 17th header) below!

User Image

Welcome! If you're looking to adopt a custom, pieced-to-order Squiddle for your sig, topic, shop, or creepy, goo-splattered cob-webby corner, you've come to the right place. If you're looking for a shrubbery, try the shrubber. We don't carry shrubberies.

"What in god's name is a Squiddle?!" you ask? I've lost many a night's sleep pondering that very question. To tell you the truth, I really don't know. But you can get one here!

Whee, fun!

So, let's begin. First off, the obligatory topic directory:

1. - Intro n' News (You Are Here. O_O)
2. - How to Order a Basic Squiddle (The Catalogue of all things Squiddly)
3. - 50gg Extras (For that finishing touch)
4. - Minisquiddles
5. - Cosplay Squiddles
6. - Limited Time Offers
7. - Copy-n-Paste Order Form (So that nobody's confused)
8. - Misc. Details about Ordering
9. - Blacklist, Whitelist
10. - Link Exchange
11. - Affiliates & Toybox! (Links to friends, cool shops, neat stuff, and a box in which to keep my pets n' sundry gadgets!)

---NEWS for Sept 17th---

Wow, long time no see. I have to apologize for disappearing like that, but I've been getting sick left and right. I think hubby, daughter and I keep passing the same bug back and forth. Combine that with my already spastic digestive system, and now I can't even look at a Squiddle without my stomach turning.

Thanks for all of the support and orders this shop has seen in its lifetime! I wish all of you the best of luck.

I may return to Gaia from time to time to see how things are going, but I think for now I'm just going to lie back and drink lots of fluids. heart
How to Order a Basic Squiddle
(The Catalogue of all things Squiddly)
ALL BASIC SQUIDDLES COST 500gg

1. Pick a Base
User Image
Your road to owning a shiny new Squiddle begins here. Without a base, you'd just have a puddle of brightly colored bits and goo. And that's no fun. The bases are all the same except for the position of the Squiddle's arms. Try and pick something that'll help convey the personality you'll be going for. A shy Squiddle with its arms down, clutched close to its body? An eager Squiddle, waving at all who pass? A deranged Squiddle, arms outstretched and flailing? When you order, you simply specify A. B. or C.

2. Pick a Color
User Image
The next step is to decide what color your Squiddle is going to be. You can do one of several things. You can use the paint program of your choice to give me a hexadecimal or RGB value for a color you like. You can send me a link to a PhotoBucket or ImageShack hosted image, and ask me to match your Squiddle to said photo's colors (I will ONLY accept PhotoBucket or ImageShack links. DO NOT disguise or shorten your link in any manner when sending it to me. This is for my own protection. I don't want to open a link that'll try and harvest my Gaia password in some sneaky manner or another. No, I don't trust you. Don't ask.) Or, you can simply say "neon green" or "violet" or "soft baby blue" and I'll do my best to come up with something that looks nice in that regard.

3. Mix-n-Match Mouths with Eyes
Once you have a color in mind, it's time to give your Squiddle a personality. For fun, don't just stick with the combinations below - Let's say you like eye-style A, and mouth-style C. Or, eye-style F and mouth-style B. Go ahead and be creative - what emotions your Squiddle is allowed to convey are completely up to you.
User Image

4. Name your Squiddle
Finally, you have to come up with some moniker by which to refer to your Squiddle. You can't just call him "Hey, you!" or "Yeah, ugly one!" (well, you can if you really want to, but I don't suggest it. Squiddles have a nasty, venomous bite. It'll kill you in five seconds flat. I should know. They're always gnawing on me, pesky things). The only thing I request is that you keep your Squiddle's name under 12 characters. Any longer than that, and it'll start to look wonky.

For an idea of how your name text will look, have a peek at Glee!*, my Squiddle, on the very first post. Yes, the pink one. Don't be fooled by her sweet appearances. She isn't sane.

(If you want, you can specify something else for the text. Just mention it in the "Name" section of your order form, with some details describing more or less how you'd like the text to look. Please keep in mind that my collection of fonts is limited, and I will not go about downloading any font you wish. As such, keep your text modifications limited to color, formatting, and wording.)

User Image
50gg Extras
(for that finishing touch)
ALL EXTRAS COST 50gg EACH

Aside from choosing a custom color and mixing up a facial expression, you can further customize your Squiddle by purchasing one or two (or several, if you can afford it!) add-on accessories. After all, nothing says "I have class!" like a neon-green, demonic-winged rodent with madness in its eyes and purple moose antlers growing out of its head. Pay attention to whether the option to color-customize your accessory of choice exists. Some require specification, others come as is.

User Image
User Image

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

(New Accessories are added periodically. Stay tuned!)

User Image

Minisquiddles
(Aww!)
Minisquiddles cost 150gg each (The Emote is Free!)
(Minisquiddles are not accessories. They are separate graphics. But, if you'd like your Minisquiddle to be an accessory to your regular Squiddle, please say so.)

So, you can't afford a big Squiddle? Or, need something smaller for your sig? Do you just like cute things? Try ordering a Minisquiddle! Small enough to fit in your ear! *

User Image

User Image

(It really is that easy. And, yes, more emotes are to come.)

*Disclaimer - I am not to be held responsible for injuries incurred from squiddles becoming lodged in peoples' ears.

Cosplay Squiddles
700gg each, personalised with your username

Unlike regular squiddles, these aren't really heavily customizable - if you change too much, they lose the characteristic traits that make them who they are. But, you do get your username tacked on there! And you can change their facial expressions if you really want to. So it's not all boring.

I think the insane amount of time I spent making these justifies the 700gg price tag. razz

More characters are coming soon.

Beyblade
Beyblade and Beyblade characters are © Madhouse

User Image

Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat Squiddles
Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat and characters are © Broccoli

User Image

Limited Time Offers!

Sylvan Ear Mod - Only 25g - Offer ends October 1st

User Image

What's going on here?

For only 25g, you can have your Squiddle's ears modded into these ultra-sensitive, fur-tufted, colorpoint ears. Your Squiddle will be able to hear leaves crackling on the forest floor a mile away with these babies! Which may call into question his sanity if he happens to live in the middle of the desert and you don't have any forests a mile away.

How do I order the Sylvan Ear Mod?

Just add "Sylvan Ear Mod" to the list of accessories you wish to order on your regular Squiddle order form. If you don't want the colorpoints to be black, be sure to specify another color.

Anything else I should know?

The colorpoints look best when you choose a color darker than your base Squiddle color for them. This is why I've set the default to black. I can't gaurantee that they'll look particularly great if you want white or bright yellow colorpoints, but I'll attempt it. Just know that I can't promise you anything in that regard.

Expired Offers Archive:

Critterful Ear Mod
Unicorns
Imps
Raccoons

Copy-n-Paste Order Form
(So that nobody's confused)
Please Post Orders to This Thread!

To ensure that the ordering process is as simple as possible, I've created the basis for a legible order form. All you have to do is copy and paste the following into a new post, and then fill it out.

Regular Order Form

1. Base: (Specify A. B. or C.)

2. Color: (A hexadecimal value, a link to a PhotoBucket or ImageShack hosted image with instructions as to which colors to match it to, some vague generality such as "violet" or "green", OR other useful instructions that'll allow me to accurately come up with a color that'll make you happy.)

3. Face: (Specify a mouth and eye style combination, i.e. - mouth-style A + eye-style B, or mouth-style F + eye-style F.)

4. Addons: (if you want add-ons for 50gg each, list them. i.e. - ebul wingies in color #888888, star tummy gem in violet, moose antlers. Otherwise, leave this blank.)

5. Name: (Name your Squiddle)

Here's the MiniSquiddle order form:

MiniSquiddle Order Form

1. Color: (Specify a color for your Minisquiddle. Same as you would with a regular sized Squiddle.)

2. Emote: (Pick an emote. i.e. - .01 or .15. If you want to specify a custom color for the emote, go ahead. I should be able to do it.)

And here's the Cosplay Squiddle order form:

Cosplay Squiddle Order Form

1. Character: (please choose from one of the characters I offer)

2. Owner's Username or Nickname: (for the "yourname's cosplay squiddle" text)

3. Any Modifications to the character base?: (Facial expression, skin color, a handful of extra decorative stars or whatnot, etc.)

Once you've filled out the order form to the best of your ability, post it to this topic, send me a trade, and wait for me to reply. Depending upon whether I have free time or not, I can be pretty fast at delivering a completed Squiddle. Still, give me at least two days to reply. I'm a stay-at-home mom, and things can get pretty hairy around here. You never know when I'll get swamped with real life issues. Once I've replied, we can initiate a trade for payment. You do not have to complete the trade until AFTER I've presented you with your finished Squiddle.

Your completed Squiddle will not be a low-quality .jpg like the ones I've used to ensure that this shop loads in a reasonable amount of time. Your completed Squiddle will be a much higher quality .jpg. If you'd prefer a different file type, let me know. Note that I will not do transparent .gifs. My squiddles don't look right as .gifs. You can convert it to a .gif on your own if you want, though.

NOTICE: - Please make sure that I can PM you before you place an order. If you do not have PM enabled, then I cannot send you your Squiddle.

User Image
Misc. Details about Ordering/FAQ
(Things you oughtta know.)

1. Be considerate with your colors!
If you want a white, yellow, or some other impossibly light colored Squiddle, keep in mind that I may have to make it a little darker in order for the gradient-type shading to work properly. Darker colors work best when ordering Squiddles. I'm not saying that I won't make light colored Squiddles, though. I'm only saying that I might have to pull a few visual tricks to get them to look right.

2. Keep your Squiddle Safe!
All of these images are hosted on my PhotoBucket account. That means that my bandwidth can be exceeded at any given moment without warning. If you have your Squiddle saved to your hard drive, you can easily upload it to some other hosting in the event that mine goes down. (Actually, the polite thing to do would be to conserve my bandwidth and upload your Squiddle to your own hosting right off the bat.

3. Enable your PMs! (THIS ONE'S IMPORTANT!)
I cannot send you your Squiddle if I can't PM you. This is becoming a fairly common problem - someone orders a Squiddle, and then I have to jump through hoops to try and contact them because they don't accept private messages. So, please, if you order, either enable your PMs, or, if you really can't stand receiving private messages, at least give me some other manner by which I can contact you. I have an AIM screen name that I will provide upon request.

4. I use an "#FFFFFF (white) to Transparent" gradient for gloss on these Squiddles.
As such, if you specify a hexadecimal/RGB value for your base Squiddle color, please be aware that the areas affected by the gloss will differ (look lighter) from your chosen color value. Also, the shading on the tail will be darker than your chosen color. It's shading. It's supposed to be. For more predictable results, again, choose somewhat darker, less pure colors. Pure RGB values, such as #FF0000, #00FF00, and #0000FF tend to come out very bright (If you like bright, go for it).

5. No, seriously - what's a Squiddle?
Squiddle is just a funny way of spelling "squirrel", so that when you say it out loud, you sound a little like Natasha, from The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show.

6. Which software do you use to make your graphics?
I use Inkscape almost exclusively. On the rare occasion that I don't use Inkscape, I'll use Gimp. Both are free, open source programs, and both run beautifully in Linux. This is important, as I would not touch Windows with a ten foot pole fastened to the end of a twenty foot pole and secured to a conga line of forty nitrile-clad lab workers supported by an intricate, five-mile-long pully system (even if the ropes I had to touch to operate said pully system were coated in microscopic, bacteria-stabbing particles and smelled like mint)..
Black n' White Lists
(The obligatory Naughty 'n Nice lists)

I've met too many cool people to list them all under my now severely outdated whitelist. And I've not run into anyone irritating enough to blacklist. I don't really see the practicality behind keeping this section here anymore. Pretty much everyone who's posted here is groovy in my book. 4laugh I'll replace it with something really fun, I promise!

Link Exchange

If you want to place a link to my shop in your shop, and would like me to do the same, let me know. You can either use your adopted Squiddle as the banner, and link like this:

[url=http://tinyurl.com/nlja4][img]yoursquiddlehere[/img][/url]

Or, you can use these banners:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[url=http://tinyurl.com/nlja4][img]http://tinyurl.com/eckn8[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/nlja4][img]http://tinyurl.com/gjztr[/img][/url]

Or, you can use these 88x31 buttons:

[url=http://tinyurl.com/nlja4][img]http://tinyurl.com/hf5wu[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/nlja4][img]http://tinyurl.com/m763t[/img][/url]
Affiliates and Friends
(Visit them sometime!)

During the editing process for the renovations, I managed to lose my list of banners and affiliates. If I've traded links with you in the past, and you don't see your banner here, PLEASE contact me, and I'll put it back up. I've forgotten how to get to your shop/topic.

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
User Image
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image

My Toybox!
(My Pets n' Sundry Gadgets)
Please, don't steal my toys. These are mine. Get your own!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

User Image User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image User Image User Image

User Image

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
1. Base: B

2. Color: green. :]

3. Face: mouth - A eyes- B

4. Addons: exclamation points.

5. Name: gzugzu. :]

total gold : 550.
bwhere
huh?!?!

That's exactly what I say.

eek
regretsxxromance
1. Base: B

2. Color: green. :]

3. Face: mouth - A eyes- B

4. Addons: exclamation points.

5. Name: gzugzu. :]

total gold : 550.

Making your Squiddle right now! heart

Just gotta get a reply from you as to what color you'd like the exclamation points in. Since you didn't specify, I'm guessing a complimentary color. In this case, red.

But, lemme know.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces