Welcome to Gaia! ::

Errrmmm...

+1 0.70833333333333 70.8% [ 17 ]
-1 0.29166666666667 29.2% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 24 ]

User Image
Original oekaki sketch.

This is done because my poor little roleplay character - Ryu - does not have a profile picture yet.

Progress one:
User Image
comments: Shading not done yet. Still wondering whether I should redo the hair or not... Will work on the highlight of the eye later...
I love his expression so very much... Ryu-san's so kawaii...

Pity me, I've got to go now. But I'll be back later in the afternoon. I've still got Rei's picture to do. >___<

sweatdrop
Progress two:

User Image

Done with shading. On to the lineart now...
Progress 3:
User Image
Done.
Edit one:

User Image

Done?

700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
awesome! ^____________^
Thank you! xd

5,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart I LOVE IT!!!
whee You're too kind! heart sweatdrop
It's lovely! I love the shiny 'watery' look to your character's eye. I like also how you didn't overlook drawing the folds of skin around the eye even though the style of the drawing is not realism - it really gives him more personality and expression. Hmm, my first critique would be on the highlights (or lightspots) of the skin. The light on his neck seems too sharp or could be stretched out more instead of spots of light, and same with his left cheek. The light on his nose and lower lip is perfect, however; especially on the lip, I think it really emphasizes the fullness of the flesh. <3

Hmm, the hair.. I don't know if this might be style but it's very wiry-like. Maybe for the highlights (the grayish white) you could use a more airbrushed and blurred brush to soften the bottom layers? Seeing his shiny-soft eyes and then seeing the wiry hair seems like a really different style. Also, I'd see his left side of the hair as poofing up more, not so close to the skull to the point of cutting into the head.

On a final stylistic point, I love the small text and how they match the colour of his hair, as well as your logo. It's very eyecatching and has such an eye for detail! Lovely and thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff