Mm, Gold.

Wha- Where?! WHERE??!! 0.48837209302326 48.8% [ 21 ]
Er, okay. 0.069767441860465 7.0% [ 3 ]
Yummy. <3 0.44186046511628 44.2% [ 19 ]
Total Votes:[ 43 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 270 271 272 > >> >>> »|

Aged Bookworm

User Image

Welcome to Petable Pixels, a breedable/changeable pet shop full of fluffy pixels for you to care for.
A shop mainly of equines, there are however a smattering of cheetahs roaming these lands, as well as a few various life forms yet to make an appearance...

Contents:
I. Welcome
II. News
III. Rules
IV. Story
V. FAQs
VI. Stages & Breeds
VII. Breeding
VIII. PickUp
IX. Owners
X. Role Play
XI. Sales
XII. Items
XIII. Affiliates
XIV. Credits
XV. Staff/Contact Info

Aged Bookworm

User Image

December 23d, Saturday: New Years event is UP! This event will be huge, don't miss it!
December 10th, Sunday: The New Year's event is is planning! Auction, Raffle & FS.. Featuring Historical horses such as Man O' War, The Darley Arabian, the Godolphin Arabian, Byerly Turk, and more.
December 3d, Sunday: Oh! The story is finished! [Finally..]
December 1st, Friday: While still under construction, Petable Pixels now has a guild. Here!
Tuesday, November 28th: Winter Thread Up! Auction, Secret Santa...
Sunday, November 26th: FS will start on December 1st!

User Image
Past News:

Sunday, August 13th: Holo is offline, again, the 14th through the 18th.
Tuesday, August 1st: Summer Event is up!
Saturday, July 22nd: Holo is offline the 23d through the 30th.
Look for a summer event thread when she gets back!

Friday, July 7th: New stages/lineart, new staged familiar! Check pg. 101!
Tuesday, July 4th: Lilith, one of the first three demonics, was sadly unable
to stay with her previous owner, Of Darkening Skies. She was given back,
and is now the shop's personal ward, or "mascot", if you will. ^_^

Monday, July 3d: 4th of July Freebies! >Here<
Tuesday, June 6th: Fairytale FS Today!! An 06/06/06 Mystery Pet has been added to the FS!
Monday, May 15th: Previews up!
Friday, April 28th: First FS ends. Next FS is Fairytale themed, previews soon!
Thursday, April 20th: Poet is raising funds to start a guild and therein, the RP
Monday, April 17th: Easter Event ends
Friday-Sunday April 14th-16th: Watch for Easter eggs!
Friday, April 14th: FS Open!
Thursday, April 13th: Finished Setting up, Auction open!
Thursday, April 13th: Setting up
shop

Aged Bookworm

User Image

The "Ten Commandments" of PP.

I. Thou shalt not Beg
II. Thou shalt not Whine.
III. Thou shalt not Flame.
IV. Thou shalt not follow the ways of a Drama Queen
V. Thou shalt not display affection where it is not desired
VI. Thou shalt not Cheat
VII. Thou shalt be kind to all, even "n00bs"
VIII. Thou shalt not have Refunded gold.
IX. Thou shalt have fun and play to your heart's content
X. And this above all; THOU SHALT NOT HAVE STICKY PAWS! [No stealing, of anything.]

Aged Bookworm

User Image

-Story-

Seemingly stuffed into the very smallest corner of Maple and 7th Street, a quaint little shop resides. The tiny little shop sticks out almost garishly between the corporate giants around it, and one almost has to wonder why on earth it was placed in such a strange spot. The tastefully white sides are offset by light blue curtains that spill from the windows in the breeze, and by the potted daisies underneath them. A white banner with blue calligraphic text hangs from a peg inside the frosted glass door, inviting you inside with a cheerful 'Welcome!'.

On a usual day, you wouldn't dream of entering this slightly off-kilter shop. But on this particular day, your curiosity gets the best of you- or perhaps you just want a respite from the glaring heat. A small tinkling bell chimes as you open the door. You pause a moment to let your eyes adjust to the dimmer light, then slowly look around.

The cleanly kept shop displays the same tasteful decor as it does on the outside, the walls white with blue trim. The first thing to catch your eye are the shelves all around the edge of the shop, painted a delicate blue to match the trim. Or, more precisely, what catches your eye is what's on them. Small screens of sleeping equine figurines are placed neatly all along them. On several shelves seem to be foals, then several nearby contain adolesents, and more shelves contain adult equines in various poses. Beside them, even more shelves are home to statues of various things such as cheetahs, foxes, hawks, even a squirrel or two.

What next catches your eye is that instead of having shelving on the floor too, there is a overly comfortable-looking blue and white print couch, flanked by mahogany end tables, and a circular coffee table spread with a silver tray flanked high with sugary treats. A matching chair faces the couch, and both seatings have lush pillows scattered across them. Pouffs are spaced around the coffee table, and look far too comfortable for their own good. Back in the far corner, a matching mahogany door, intricate with carvings, stands slightly open, letting a cool breeze through. What type of shop is this? you wonder absently as you finish surveying the room.

A dry cough brings you around, searching for whoever made the noise. A slender woman stands to one side of a window, and you wonder how on earth you missed seeing her before. She certaintly isn't drab enough to blend in. Quite the contrary. The woman's cascade of onyx hair was done up in a swept-back style, her violet eyes peircing you with a fairntly amused look. A floor length "casual" gown of soft, dark indigo material accents her gently curving figure.

User Image

"Welcome to Petable Pixels." she says smoothly, moving gracefully foward. She extends her slender hand for you to shake, a small smile on her lips.

"Petable...Petable what?" you question, faintly confused. Your eyes flick to the screens resting on the shelves. She couldn't mean them... Could she?

She merely smiles and invites you to browse the shop with a wave of her hand. For quite some time you wander around the shop, your eyes gliding over the figures. Once or twice, you thought you heard a soft whicker, or out of the corner of your eye, saw a mane lift in a breeze.

Losing all track of time, you finally stop at a shelf that holds a pet that just.. seems so.. perfect for you. You gently lift the screen and bring it to the counter where the woman is waiting, a knowing look in her eyes. "So you've decided?" she asks, and seeing you nod, she turns away, beconing you to follow.

Once more confused, you walk after her. She leads you to the mahogany door you noticed earlier, and with a light push, swings it wide open. You gasp in awe, the small figurine falling from your hands by accident, but you hardly notice. For behind that door, was a whole other world.

You're standing at the peak of a small mountain, not high enough to be covered in snow, and gazing down at a landscape that varries every time you look someplace new. The shop behind you is carved into the side of the mountain, and you are standing on a small terrace with a long stairway leading down, also cut into the mountainside.

A small whicker catches your attention, and you feel a soft nibble on your hand. You glance down, then jump in alarm and surprise. For there beside you is the figurine you'd picked up in the shop-- only now, it was real.

You look at Kitiara, hoping for an explaination. She gives a small shrug and smiles crookedly. "That equine is yours now, to raise and care for." Chuckling, she turns and walks back into the shop, leaving you on the terrace with a small foal. You look after her a moment, deciding if you really want to stay here.

Then with a faint smile, you reach out to touch the tiny foal beside you, and begin the long walk down the stairway that will lead you to the rest of the lands.

Aged Bookworm

User Image

How can I get one?:
    Check the sales section...

How many pets are in a flatsale?:
    Depending on how many colorists are participating, anywhere between 4-10 is usual.

Can I get one for free, pleeeease?!:
    Please don't ask this... It's called begging. It annoys me.
    However, if you lurk/chat/bump here a lot, I might decide that you do deserve a free pet.

Can I get a cosplay/custom pet?:
    This simple answer is yes, for between 30-50k, depending on what you're asking for.

Do you accept letters/items as payment?:
    Yes, actually. I'm a sucker for shtuff in general... ^^

Are they RolePlay required?:
    Inbetween. RP helps your pet grow, and gives benifits like familiars, items, ect. Without RP though, your pet can still grow, though more slowly. Some pets though, are RP-required. Be sure to read before you buy. ^_^

Do you do pet-trades?:
    Sometimes, and only for pets I really, really like.

Can I be a colorist here?:
    Possibly, PM me with examples of your work.

Why is my pet's growth late?!:
    Remember that colourist are people too! Be patient, we all have offline lives.

Aged Bookworm

User Image

User Image

Baby- Your pet has just been born as is still very dependent on it's caretaker for food and shelter. All babies are usually sweet and caring, with the exception of the demonics, who have a tendency to have a streak of cruelty.
Foal- The colt/filly has begun to make it's own way in the world, and this is the time in life where thier true personality will develop.
Adult- Your pet is now fully mature, and thier abilities and personality is fully developed. The stallion/mare may now breed, or mate for life, if they find a willing partner.
Elder- This is a stage few equines will reach. It is a stage of complete maturity, wisdom and grace. Elder's have spent so much time with thier caretaker that they have emerged as part human themselves, a centaur.
[This stage cannot be reached without RP, or a heavy bribe.]

Familiar- Cheetah
Cheetah's can now be puchased as a familiar, or as a separate pet.
Because of the stages, cheetahs are the only familiar that will cost 5k.

User Image

Cub- Cheetah's are very playful as children, and this curiosity stays with them all thier life, as with any feline. They need a lot of attention and care.
Teen- Now adventuring outside the den, cheetahs begin to test out thier speed and hunting skills, so watch out for any small animals nearby!
Adult- Now fully grown but without losing any of thier feline traits, adult cheetahs hunt and den independantly of any except immediate family.

Aged Bookworm

User Image

Breeding can, first of all, only happen between two adults. Both familiars & equines can breed, although only the horses have growth stages. Same-sex couples can also breed. ^_^

Equine Breeding Fee:
[5k from each parent]

Familiar Breeding Fee:
[4k from each parent]

Slots Open:
1. Open
2. Open
3. Closed
4. Closed

Possible Genes:
Capital= dominant trait
Hybrids are possible, though rare.

Known:
hh= Holiday
NN= normal
Dd= Demonic
Aa= Angelic
Ff= FairyTale

Aged Bookworm

Aged Bookworm

User Image
When a pet reaches adult stage, please save Img to your own server.
A
  • indicates the pet has grown fully to an adult.
    A [**] indicates an Elder.
    Total: 30

-Owner|Pet|Gender|Type|Genes|Pic

• _______First FS - 06
      *Tsukona|Midnight|Male|Normal|NN|<3
      *Queen Hecate|Shalimar|Female|Normal|NN| <3
      Scrap Metal 2.0|Crash|Male|Normal|NN|<3

_______Easter 06
      *Sydney Skye|Lavender Creme|Female|Holiday|hh|<3
      *Scarishbalan|Candy Coated|Female|Holiday|hh|<3

_______666 Special - 06
      Cocoa_bean321|Lime|Male|Demonic|Dd|<3
      _______Fairytale FS - 06
      *Freaky_Chris|Kitty|Female|FairyTale|Ff|<3
      *Goldfish6|Luna|Male|Fairytale|Ff|<3
      *Candiehol|Belle|Female|FairyTale|Ff|<3
      *Naysha Aysha|Lil' Red|Female|FairyTale|Ff|<3
      *Kyaishi|Jadas|Female|FairyTale|Ff|<3

_______4th of July
      Maylstrom|Marcus|Male|Holiday|hh|<3
      Animal_Protector|Kionu|Female|Holiday|hh|<3

_______Christmas FS - 06
      *Kelaina|Stormy|Female|Normal|NN|<3
      *AvynWing|Glacier|Male|Holiday|hh|<3
      *Liza Loo|Ramharc|Male|Normal|NN|<3
      *Jasujo|Grace|Female|Holiday|hh|<3

_______ Christmas Auc - 06
      **Karakal5|Marden|Male|Holiday|hh|<3
      **.K.amikaze.|Aella|Female|Holiday|hh|<3

_______ New Year Legend Event - 07
      *Candiehol|Affirmed|Cosplay|Male|NN|<3
      Devilnightshade|Secretariat|Cosplay|Male|NN|<3
      *Kachie Katti|Seattle Slew|Cosplay|Male|NN|<3
      *Leilani204|Whirlaway|Cosplay|Male|NN|<3
      *Mimiru_13|War Admiral|Cosplay|Male|NN|<3
      *Kachie Katti|Go For Wand|Cosplay|Female|NN|<3
      *Leilani204|Ruffian|Cosplay|Female|NN|<3
      *Mimiru_13|Timely Writer|Cosplay|Male|NN|<3

_______Customs
      *Bloody_Buffy|Esperanza|Female|Cosplay|NN|<3
      *Karakal5|Paragon|Male|Angelic|Aa|<3

User Image
    -Owner|Pet|Gender|Type|Genes|Pic

Cheetahs______
    *Kelaina|Zacunda|Female|Normal|NN|<3
    *Kelaina|Regina|Female|Normal|NN|<3
    x_x just bethan x_x |Janrich|Male|Holiday|hh|<3

Aged Bookworm

User Image

This relates to the story, and anyone in the possession of a pet/familiar is welcome to join in.

There is no current plot, but owners are welcome to RP their pet in the thread or in a journal. ^_^
    RP benifits the pet in helping it grow faster, and sometimes elixers can be found by those who RP..

Journals:

Will be located in the Guild.

Aged Bookworm

User Image

All information needed for you to obtain one of our petable friends.

FlatSale
    A FS is the most common way to obtain a pet. However, there are a few rules to know about.
    ---Each flatsale equine is 6k
    ---If there are familiars up on a FS, they go for 3k, except Cheetahs, which are 4k.
    ---Fill out the form below AFTER I have posted a big red "GO" in the thread
    ---Mystery Bottles: Every once in a while, I will slip in a mystery bottle into a flatsale. This could contain a very unusual equine or familiar, thus, in FS's mystery baskets go for 7k.

FS Order Form:
    Pet #:
    Pet Type:
    Chosen Name:
    Your Username:
    Cost:

Auction
    Yep, often times a rare or unusual equine/familiar may be found wandering around, and so it goes up here to be auctioned off to a god home..
    -SB is 10k on all equines, 5k on familiars
    -No mules
    -No editing your posts
    -10minute No-ninja period
    [If someone posts a bid in the last ten minutes, the auction is extended ten]

Bribes?
    Well... Er... Yes.
    I can be bribed, just drop me a PM offering however much you're willing to. I usually accept pure gold, and if you have gooditems or letters, thats also sometimes accepted.

Sales
    None at this time.

Aged Bookworm

User Image

[ Coming Soon. ]

Aged Bookworm

User Image

-If you'd like to be affiliates, please drop a PM to me with your shop's code inside. <3
    However, we'll only display 200x40 banners. If you don't have that size, a text link will be displayed instead.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/264ce4][img]http://tinyurl.com/27f4om[/img][/url]

---------------------

User Image
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Aged Bookworm

User Image

Line Art+Graphics-
    All was done by me

Line Edits-
    Karakal5
    Full-Time Colorists- Holo, Shaduma, Karakal5
    Guest Colorists- Sexy-Vixen, Joke-mus

All graphics, banners, images, ect, were done by moi unless otherwise stated.

Aged Bookworm

User Image

[x] Username: HolographicPoetess
    [x] Job: Manager, lineartist, inker, colorist
    [x] Likes/Dislikes: Luffs on; Pretty, shiney things. Manga, anime, Pet Shop of Horrors, Bleach... Growls at; beggars, naggers, spammy chainmail, ignorance...
    [x] Questing?: All shop items; Endless, my quest thread.
    [x] Art Program: Adobe Photoshop 7.0
    [x] Other Shops?: Yesh; Ellemental Allurance [B/C], Raposa Clara [B/C], and soon-to-come Butterflies [B/C]
    [x] Other: Draw me a scribble of my Avi? I shall luffs you!

User Image

[x] Username: Shaduma
    [x] Job: Colorist
    [x] Likes/Dislikes: Night, wolves, many things . . .
    [x] Questing?: o.o' Demonic pendant and possible a scarf at some point. . .
    [x] Art Program: psp8
    [x] Other Shops?: o.o Tis own, Elemental Allruance.
    [x] Other: umm... Is there another? lol

User Image

[x] Username: Karakal5
    [x] Job: Colourist
    [x] Likes/Dislikes: Loves upon; Green, horses, video games, drawing, Vincent Valentine, Bleach, Renji, pizza, chickens, AvyWing, papaya, reading. Ewws upon; Bugs, oranges, broccoli, getting up early, close minded people.
    [x] Questing?: 'Nother Katana, more Mythril Armour.
    [x] Art Program: Paint Shop Pro 8, PhotoShop various versions
    [x] Other Shops?: Nup.
    [x] Other: Comment on my profile and I'll KISS you! =0

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out