Welcome to Gaia! ::

People count

+ 1 1 100.0% [ 1199 ]
Total Votes:[ 1199 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 433 434 435 > >> >>> »|

FA AND TALLIS'S BIG ART CONTEST

Trying to send out all the trades. So if you got your trade please finish it so I can get them all out. Thank you ^^

User Image

^ this is not an entry but the costumes can be used when drawing the characters. ^

OMG!!!!!IT's over. >> Damn and I am so sad to see this forum go. I met so many wonderful people and so many wonderful artist. It just makes me want to start another one up right now XD Ok so maybe not. The party will begin late saturday at 10pm pacfic. That is becuase my *insert every bad word in the book here* called to tell me I had to go in for the closing shift. So hence the late party XD But I look forward to seeing everyone there.

UPDATE

Oh my god you all just made me cry. I love you all you guys rock so hard. To everyone who is supporting me thank you. I have never met so many wonderfful people in one place. You all hold a sepcial place in my heart ^^ When I saw everyone was happy about the extension I wanted to cry again. I was so scared that people would be mad at me I was scared to post it up. But becuase of all the encougarement I recived I can do it now and not lose my mind. The extentsion is going to go till Oct 15. That is plenty of time I believe. If people are working still on pics. I need to have a wip by the 15. Also I need everyone to Know a big thanks to heart TOKYOPOP heart . for having one of the biggest hearts ever. I loves ya man. ^^

When I was looking at Kia's contest I seen something I had to put up here:
There will always be someone better than you, and someone worse than you. For someone who loves Picasso will not always love Monet.

Hello and welcome everyone to our kick a** art contest!!! First let me start out by saying. Please read everything. I know it is a bit to read. But I hate repeating myself over and over again. Also if you have questions that are not in the F.A.Q then please pm Voice_of_sinners and she will take care of it.

Now about prizes. You can find the complete list below but I know the one thing that will get you to read on is the grand prize.....The Grand Prize for our contest is 15 MILLION PURE GOLD. Thats right. oh and wait it does get better.....as the months go on.....both me and Tallis agreed we will raise some of the small prizes and maybe even the main one depending on how many entries we get ^^ So by the end of this a lucky person might walk away with even more then they thought they would coming into this. Also becuase me and Tallis are such art whores....we will be giving out extra prizes at the end of this contest based on entries we recieve.

So why are we doing this. Well other then being art whores.....We love seeing all kinda of different art and enjoy collecting as much as we can. We look forward to the months ahead to see all the wonderful artists and their art. ^^ So do your best and have fun.

Start date: january 1st
NEW End date: August 31

Now know that the date for ending might change due to entries. ^^ But hey if the date goes longer then prizes go up ^^ Also you are more then welcome to put in more then one entry. heart

Grand Prize: 15 million pure gold
Second Prize: minis + 2 million gold
Third prize: nightmare headband + 1 million gold

Journal: Today we start the contest thread though we are unsure if we want to start the contest yet. Due to the fact we still have so much to work on. XD

[UPDATE] We are going to start up the contest today just know were still adding MORE! So within the next couple of days everything should be going great!

Entry Form!
[code:1]name:
medium:
Characters drawn:
Link:
[/code:1]

UPDATE
Well me and Tallis have had so much going on that it has been so crazy. With cosplay and such. But we will be adding new information on the characters as well as adding a new award. We will be taking written entries!! Also adding a few new characters so enjoy ^^

UpDate 03-15-06
Alright everyone I am sorry for being gone so long. I have updated everything. Tallis is still not home. But allot of personal matters happened that took me away from gaia. But know i am back now. ^^ We will be adding allot of thines within the days to come. ^^ So keep an eye out for it.

I do not understand what is going on with Da. but what I do know is my comp can no longer handle the site. I request you to find other means of hosting the picture. I am more then willing to give to you an e-mail address to send it too. I am sorry for all the problems this will cause. Thank you.
NEW!!
Now everyone we are going to extend the date of this contest. I will be putting up the new date shortly. We have only so far agreed to extend the date. And since we are extending the date we are going to put up two characters that can be drawn!! I am a big fan of ninjas and Tallis is a big fan of pirates! fitting if you ask. We will be adding them to the character list below. Though for these two they can only be paired together or singles of them only. Thank you ^^ let the war of ninjas and pirates begin.
User Image
User Image

YES EVERYONE THE NEW DEADLINE IS AUGUST 31. after personally getting pms and Voice_of_sinners getting so many. I didnt even know that many were even into this. makes us feel sepcial. so everyone so far stated that they wanted over a month in length. so here we are...becuase both me and tallis will be gone to texas for akon....if anyone is going let us know we cannot end it that month. but know this we will not extend again after this. ^^ so thank you everyone and if you have any comments please send them to vos please please. i do not want to have my pms overfilling. thank you.
RULES!!!!
User Image

exclaim NO FLAMING OF ANY KIND!! please be kind to one another here. I do not care what you do in other threads but here you must be nice to one another. Thank you.

exclaim One thing me and Tallis cannot stand in any way shape or form is art theft! Let me warn you here and now if you are caught there will be hell to pay. Not only banned from here and anything both I and tallis will do in the future but we will report you immediately

exclaim Also know that both me and Tallis have lives outside of gaia but will do our best to responded to any post in this thred, should we miss you please do not be rude with us. I will warn you now it might take some time to respond to everyone so know either myself or Tallis will respond.

exclaim Do Not Pm US!!!!!! We like to keep our pm box open for our friends. The only time you can pm us is if you have permission to by us. Thank you. We have set up an email account that we will check everyday so please send questions there ^^
the_contest@rock.com
thank you. ^^

exclaim We do like to see how people draw our characters with other one's. Seeing as the price is really high. But do not think that if you do a single that will affect the outcome. It won't. ^^

more to come as things are worked on.
F.A.Q.
User Image

Alright here is where I will post questions and answers to things you might want to know.

question Can I submit more then one entry?
idea Yes you can.

question Can I submit Adult contet?
idea Yes you can. To do this, you will need to pm the entry to voice_of_sinners. We will add you to the sumited entries but not post the picture. But a link to find the adult entries.

question Who can I pm with my questions?
idea voice_of_sinners was so kind to allow us to use her pm box, so please send all pms to her.

question I like your characters but I want to try and make an outfit of my own for them. Is that ok?
idea Yes you are more then welcome to be creative with out characters. We love seeing new idea's, as well as ours. ^^

question Do you two prefer a certain art style?
idea Not at all. We love art in any shape and form. All artists are welcome. ^^

question Where do I post my entry?
idea Please post all submissions here. 3nodding Only pm when it is of adult content. If you are not sure about your picture. Please pm voice_of_sinners. She knows the guide lines well and will be able to tell you the rating for your picture. ^^

exclaim MORE REFRENCES CAN BE FOUND ON THE TENTH POST ^^ exclaim
Prizes and Awards

OVERALL TOTAL IN AWARDS: (still adding)
TOTAL IN PURE GOLD ALONE: appx. 19,125,000

We are going by SIN prices, not GEN.

NOTE: Please keep in mind that this list will be added onto, and prize values - along with the overall contest total - may raise throughout the year.

Entries will be deliberated on by several judges (FA and myself included, of course), and prizes will be awarded based on the results. Here is the current prize list:

OVERALL WINNERS:

Grand Prize:
15 million pure gold

Second Prize:
minis + 2 million gold

Third prize:
nightmare headband + 1 million gold

BEST TRADITIONAL

1st:
250,000 pure gold

2nd:
100,000 pure gold

3rd:
25,000 pure gold

BEST CG

1st:
250,000 pure gold

2nd:
100,000 pure gold

3rd:
25,000 pure gold

BEST AVATAR EDIT/ANIMATION/MISC.

1st:
250,000 pure gold

2nd:
100,000 pure gold

3rd:
25,000 pure gold

There will be more added throughout the year, but for now, these are the beginning prizes. Several lesser categories for best dramatic, romantic, chibi, etc. will also be given. Also, more importantly, ANY/EVERY SERIOUS ENTRANT WILL WIN A PRIZE, even if it's not as big as the grand prizes.
Character Information

(still under construction!!! PLEASE keep this in mind before you post in the thread about missing/needed reference. Some art is still not up yet, but we are going to quickly rectify this.)

THE GUILD

Characters are taken from Fallen Angels and Dark Knights Guild, created by fallenangel315.
User Image
Fallenangel315 (FA), head leader/founder
race: "vessel", race-less
height: 5'3"
weight: 130lbs.
hair: thick, hot rod red, waist length, bangs
eyes: deep green, but usually are hidden behind her mask
other: kind and giving, but also a stern leader; married to DMF; always wears a jeweled necklace that connects her with Lady Death's and Hope's souls, also wears a silver wedding ring with an inset ruby.
reference1 reference2reference3

User Image
Tallis, bodyguard/head of training
race: human?
height: 5'4"
weight: 147lbs.
hair: very dark brown, usually slicked back, poking out near ears, short, one curl sticks out
eyes: bright, ethereal green, usually has black-rimmed glasses, dark rims under eyes
other: almost continuously drunk; tends to vomit out explosives and other weapons; usually carries a dark green glass bottle and a bat; reckless and destructive at times.

User Image
darkmasterflame (DMF), leader of demonic arts/co-owner
race: demon
height: 6'1"
weight: 185lbs
hair: short to ears, straight, presidential blue (black that shines blue)eyes: deep blue
other: strong and always willing to fight for FA, his wife; wears a necklace that matches FA's, and a silver wedding ring with an inset ruby; has a devil's tail.

User Image
Lady Death, housed soul
race: ethereal
height: 5'8"
weight: 152lbs.
hair: jet black, bone straight, falls to the floor
eyes: muted, soft red, dark and heavy eyelashes
other: volumptuous and womanly; mothered Lucifiel's children, companion with Belial; always wears a necklace that connects her soul to FA; has a winged scythe tattoo on her left arm.
reference1

User Image
Hope, housed soul
race: ethereal
height: 3'6"
weight: 50lbs.
hair: sunshine blonde, bouncy, larger ringlets, long
eyes: misty blue
other: small, sweet and childish; always wears a necklace that connects her soul with FA; has a winged, crowned heart tattoo on right arm.
reference1

User Image
voice_of_sinners, leader of healers
race: unspecified
height: 5'1"
weight: 98lbs.
hair: mousy blonde, very straight, to shoulders, bangs that go to her eyes
eyes: ashen grey, light eyelashes
other: petit and girlish, likes purple and soft things; likes to dress up pretty for Roman, her boyfriend
reference1reference2

THE BAR

Characters are taken from FA's Bar and Grill, created by fallenangel315, co-owned by fallenangel315 and tallis.

FA, owner
race: banshee, kitsune
height: 5'3"
weight: 130lbs.
hair: thick, hot rod red, bangs, waist length, often pulled messily back
eyes: deep green
other: usually wears a flame pattern kimono; has kitsune ears and tail; pulls back the skin on the left eye to use enhanced sight; when fighting, left side of body becomes greenish black, burned, and scaly
reference1

Tallis, bouncer and local drunk
race: human
height: 5'4"
weight: 147lbs.
hair: dark brown, usually slicked back, poking out near ears, short, one curl sticks out
eyes: bright, ethereal green, usually half-lidded eyes
other: dresses tomboyish and likes heavy boots; heavy drinker, tends to vomit out explosives/various objects; usually carries a dark green glass bottle.

OTHER

Characters are taken from various sources, and often appear in the Guild or the Bar, and are from pre-existing sources. All characters created by fallenangel315 and/or Tallis.

User Image
Roman
height: 5'5"
weight: 110lbs.
hair: brown, straight, shaggy and to his ears, usually gets in his eyes
eyes: dark blue; right eye suffered blunt force trauma, damaged and slightly lighter, glassy
other: slightly childish, playful, but creepily insightful; wings tattoed on back, swirled pattern around right hip and inner right thigh
reference1reference2reference3

User Image
Irving Sandoz
height: 5'9"
weight: 156lbs.
hair: buzzed short, naturally brown
eyes: flecks of green, purple, usually hazel, but sometimes change with mood, wears black-rimmed glasses
other: sarcastic, shy, punk-ish, VERY ANGSTY-EMO; facial hair on chin; two rings in both upper ear lobes, one in both bottom ear lobes; best friends with Roman

User Image
DP
race: claims to be a demon
height: 6'4"
weight: 230lbs.
hair: blonde, slightly wavy, longer in back
eyes: bright lime green
other: snarky, perverted, and always smoking "Brimstone" brand cigarettes; likes to walk around naked, lives with Roman

User Image
BAAL(lord) Lucifiel
race: nonhuman
height: 5'10
weight: 243lbs.
hair: black, shaggy, thick, chin-length
eyes: bright green
other: conniving, bloodthirsty, sensual, reckless; decorative "sleeves" tattooed on both legs and arms; has several children by Lady Death, younger brother to Belial, and "first heir" to the throne of the Fiery Forever.
reference1reference2

User Image
BAAL(lord) Belial
race: nonhuman
height: 6'1"
weight: 176lbs.
hair: black, long, slightly wavy, sleek
eyes: brownish-green, heavy long eyelashes, half-lidded gaze
other: elegant, feline, feminine, powerful; small cherubic wings on back; 4 dots tattooed beneath each eye, 1 dot and line beneath his bottom lip; companion of Lady Death, older brother to Lucifiel, and also "first heir" to the throne of the Fiery Forever.
reference1
reference2
heart Enteries heart

If you would like to see all the enteries check out the photobucket ^^
Link

January:
Relaxation: Link
chibirin8: Link Link 2 Link 3
astrosnik: Link Link 2
NeoBakeneko: Link Link 2 Link 3 Link 4
~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~: Link
VonLied: Link
Suisheu: Link Link 2 Link 3
Cluck Cluck : Link
RedTempestt: Link

February:
NeoBakeneko: Story~~ Title page prologue Scene 1 Scene 2 Scene 3 Scene 4 Scene 5 Epilogue pt 1 Scene 6 Epilogue pt 2 End credits Link 2
reddy2Bplayd: Link
Lilmel: Link
chibirin8: Link Link 2 Link 3 Link 4
Loney: Link
Lady Nightwolf: Link
Touda-san: Link Link 2 Link 3 Link 4 Link 5 Link 6
Lady Nightwolf: Link
xsuppixchanx: Link
[[ Thunder Rei ]] Link
SexyMonk31: Link
Glampanda Link
Nathaniel Mea: Link
~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~: Link
Arcana spoty: Link Link 2
Kieu: Link
Silent Sky: Link

March:
Yuumeichan: Link
SexyMonk31: Link
NeoBakeneko: Link
AngiChan: Link
aquafairy03: Link Link 2
Miss_Daisy: Link
Sylipher: Link
kosou: Link
VonLied: Link
kymy: Link
kikigoldfish: Link

April:
Sjetiska: Link
aquafairy03: Link
[ . Mirage . ]: Link
Little Hellion: Link Link 2
Naughty Koolaid: Link Link 2 Link 3
Yu.me.: Link
plum-mie: Link
Gemlit: Link
Touda-san: Link Link 2
[ERROR 404]: Link

May:
Neko_tsuki: Link
Tokyo Pop: Link
Elkikino: Link

June:
A p o m i x: Link
[Deadly_Love]: Link
Jinger: Link
OneOfTwo: Link
KotokoPlum: Link
Arufuredu: Link
thanatoss:Link

July:
JuneBerryLinkLink 2
Lemurali:Link
syrga:Link Link 2
yoriko35:Link
Mitsuko-sama:Link
anaphase. :Link
Jerseylust :Link
thanatoss:Link Link 2 Link3
Okedoki" Link
xFangxx: Link
Azeriel:Link
Lovely Whimsy : Link
Okedoki : Link
~Athanay~: Link

August:
Ginstar: Link Link 2
Miss_Daisy: Link
Ghostevolution: Link
Beriku:Link
Lovely Whimsy: Link
Midori Yume: Link
loki913 :Link
darkfairysue:Link
Kymy:Link
Ghostrevolution:Link
A p o m i x:Link
Vollys:Link
OneOfTwo:Link
Tokyo Pop:Link

Sept:
[[ Thunder Rei ]]:Link
xxx_Forbidden Rose_xxx :Link
Silent Sky :Link
keiiii:Link
Buki:Link
[Vermicious knid]:Link
[F!sh]:Link
Ainath:Link

October:
Allande:Link Link 2 Link3 Link 3
Christmas_chan:Link
Visionary_Mango2006:Link
leinef:Link Link 2 Link 3 Link 4 Link 5
capoeiramonkey:Link Link 2
chuubi:Link
Lovely Whimsy:Link
heibai:Link
Melo-san:Link
Lady Nightwolf:Link
[Berserk] : Link
Kurushime:link
LinYue:link
Yelehna:link
Lish :link
PryanimaXL:link
WHITE LIST

This is a list of people who took the time to repeatedly bump, promote, donate, etc. We really appreciate the support.

BLACK LIST

This list is for people who thought they didn't have to abide by our rules, or the basic rules of Gaia. Find yourself on this list, and you will be permanently banned from any future events held by myself or FA. You will also be immediately reported.
LINK US

Look at this kickass banner my ninja lovin student CHICA made for us. WE LOVE YOU CHICA!
User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11423178][img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f107/the_big_contest/Banners/contestbanner.jpg[/img][/url]

LINKS

User Image
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image
User Image

Kizu Pantera's Kouhai

Eloquent Lover

7,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
Our Loved Bumpers

~~~ Hello everyone my name is Vos and I will be helping in this contest. You will find that I love to give out gift's. Every month I will pick out someone who I think has the most unique bump and give them that months specil in my shop! The link can be found right here:
User Image

now other then those lucky winners I want to see some help with bumping so if you want to win some free art here's your chance ^^

250 bumps: chibie head shot:
User Image

450 bumps: waist up shot:
Link

1000 bumps plus: Full body:
Link

Now don't forget to number your bumps!!!! I will not go and count for you. Thank you everyone.
More Refences

Fallenangel315:

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image{fa's wedding gown. please draw with angelic neclace and angelic minis.}

for advie edits:

User Image

Darkmasterflame:

User ImageUser Image{Dmf's groom outfit}
User Image{no coco in the picture}

Tallis:

User ImageUser ImageUser Image{for advie edits}

Voice_of_sinners {VOS}:

User ImageUser Image
heart Saved for later use heart
heart saved for later use heart

Quick Reply