Welcome to Gaia! ::

NEWS: I am no longer locking new items. If you have a current lock or an item you have already paid towards, you will get that item with no further interest. I will only be collecting payments and sending items occasionally, I'll try to go through it once a week. I will try to get all cancellation refunds out ASAP, please be patient.

User Image
Welcome to the price locker, where we lock item prices in place!

Here you will find a simple service. I am out to assist people who are questing for their dream items, but are frustrated by inflation.

I offer to lock in your quest item at today's price, so that you will know how much you will pay, without worrying about random price jumps.
User Image
My services are simple, I do one thing, and one thing only.

I lock prices.

What does that mean? I will buy an item at today's price. I will then hold that item at that price, so you will only have to pay that price when you end your quest, plus a low, stable interest fee.

The process is reasonably simple.

FIRST, please look at this thread: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=5576737
If there are spots that say OPEN in the price range of the item you want, continue. If there are no spots that say OPEN, then please chack back at a later time. Spots will open and close constantly, so check often!

IF A SPOT IS OPEN, you simply must post and send a pm, with the following form filled out. I will buy your item, and start an account for you. You then make your payments over time, as interest accrues, and recieve your item when you are paid off.

IF A SPOT IS NOT OPEN, we will ignore your request. Sorry, I'm not trying to be rude, but I have limited funds.

PM THE FOLLOWING FORM TO MIITSUKAKE AND POST IN THE THREAD
-----
I have read all of the terms on the first page of the Price Locker thread. I understand and agree to all of the rules laid out.
Username:
Item Desired:
Maximum Price:
Signed, --Your Name--

-----
PM THE ABOVE FORM TO MIITSUKAKE AND POST IN THE THREAD

The maximum price is optional, because I will only buy items from the marketplace. Not specifying one is easier on me, but specifying may save you money.

If you do not specify a maximum price, I will simply go into the marketplace and buy the lowest priced Buy Now for your item. I will then charge that amount to your account.

However, if prices are fluxuating or just rising, and you want to cap my purchase price, for example maybe you only want to pay 25k for a kiki kitty, and they keep jumping between 25k and 27k. I will then check the marketplace until I find one for that amount or less, and charge your account what I pay, to the gold. Either way, you're charged what I pay.

If I cannot find your item at your price within a few days days, I will contact you and inquire as to whether you want to raise your limit.
User Image

We are currently working off a waiting list. Please see here for any openings on the list: ]http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=5576737

Please realize that we will not lock an OMG or AFK or any donation item older. (Jack '03 items OK.)
User Image
Every account will be charged .1% interest (1 gold per thousand) per day, based on the balance remaining each day.

NEW! Accounts for items worth over 150,000 gold will have an interest rate of .075% per day!
NEW! Accounts for items worth over 500,000 gold will have an interest rate of .05% per day!

For example, a new account might be like this:
User Image
The balance at start is 28,000 gold outstanding. For each day the account stays at this balance, 28 gold will be added.

When a payment is made, and thus balance changes, the payment will be subtracted, the interest will be added, and the resulting balance would be used each day until payment is made again.

Therefore, it is in your best interest to make payments early and often! And especially when starting your account! The more you pay back, the less interest you accrue. Not to mention, getting the gold out of your pocket is good for supressing those spending urges!

CLICK HERE TO SEND YOUR PAYMENTS TO MIITSUKAKE
User Image
I really don't want you to cancel your account, but sometimes things happen.

I will return any monies paid to me, minus any interest accrued, plus or minus the difference in the price of the item when I sell it.

If you wish to cancel, please contact me immediately by sending a PM to Miistukake. I will then calculate the total amount you have paid in, and the interest you have accrued up until the day you requested your cancel. If any amount is owed to you, I will refund it. For example, this person is owed 1,368 gold.
User Image

If the price of your item has gone up when I am forced to sell, I'll pass that gain on to you! However, if the price in your item has dropped over the time your account was open, you will still owe me the difference. I will sell the item I was holding for you on the exchange at a reasonable price, and if I end up with a net loss, I will subtract that from your account. For example, if the above account was cancelled, and I could only sell the Kiki for 26k, they would owe me 632, but if I sold it for 29k, I would pay them 2368.

Please realise that you are entering into an informal contract with me, just like any other minishop art or service. If you do not pay back what you owe by the above calculations, I will involve the moderators. If I must sell your item due to a cancellation, I will try my hardest to get the best price to minimize your loss, and I will repay you if it is due, so I expect you to repay me for my service.
User Image

Click Here For Account Information

Example Accounts!
A lock of a Nitemare Bustier:
Locked at: 118000
Total Interest: 1487
Total Paid: 119487
Today's price: 145000
Inflation deflated: 25513!!!

A lock on a Guitar of Angellus:
Locked Price: 24499
Interest: 1104
Total Paid: 25603
Price on Final Day: 32900
Inflation DEFEATED: 7297!!!

A lock on a Kiki Kitty:
Locked at: 30000
Total Payments: 31883
Total Interest: 1884
Price at End: 44000
Inflation Defeated: 12117!!!

A lock on a Chyaku Norisu Scarf:
Locked Price: 11150
Total Interest: 95
Final Cost: 11245
Price on Final Day: 14200
Inflation Deflated: 2955!!!
User Image
Question: When do I get my item?

Answer: Not until you pay off the whole balance.

Question: Why should I pay on an item I'm not getting?

Answer: I understand your apprehension, but I can guarantee you that I will not run off with your money. I have been on Gaia since October 2003 and really would not put my reputation at risk. I have many friends on Gaia, I am owner of several Breedables shop and occasionally enjoy doing artwork on commission. The risk of losing my account and all of my items to a banning is worth a lot more than the few hundred thousand I could potentially gain by running off with your gold.

However, I cannot give you your item because it is the collateral that this service is based on. If you don't trust me holding the item and the gold, you don't have to pay on it. The main reason I give an incentive on paying early is because it frees up more of my gold to offer the service to others!

Question: Where do I send my Payments?

Answer: Send them to Miitsukake.

Question: Can I get more than one item locked at a time?

Answer: Yes. However, interest rates will be charged for all outstanding balances. On the other hand, if you don't lock your second item, it may go up in price faster than inflation, and I can't lock the great low price of today. It's your choice, but yes, you can.

Question: Can I help?

Answer: There are two ways you can help. One would be that if you see or know of someone who's on a quest for an item that's rising in price, refer them here. There is suprisingly a lot of time when I'm sitting around with gold to lock items with but no customers.

Donations help!

Question: Who's on staff?

Answer: Currently, there are only two of us. Me, Akkhima, is the owner, primary gold provider and item locker. Pharaohess is the only employee, and handles all payment acceptance and record keeping. Miitsukake is simply a mule and not a real person. The account is used by both Pharaohess and myself.

Question: I'm going to be out of town/moving/blocked from the computer for a while, do I still have to pay interest?

Answer: In most cases, yes, you do. However, if you have a good reason, and your account is at least 5% paid off and 1 week old, we may give you a 1 week grace period. We would like you to tell us in advance, but if you are unable to notify us in advance due to an emergency situation, we'll understand. I reserve the right not to allow this if I feel you are not being honest or are purposefully trying to avoid paying.
User Image
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11296134]
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/a318/Akkhima/Locker/ad.png[/img][/url]

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff