Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, this is so we can continue the story telling contest since the mansion is now closed. X3 So we will just quote from the original thread!

Kishara
This is the joint thread for the Halloween celebration of Bush Babies and The Shop on the Corner of 5th and Vine!

The rules are as follows:
1. Thou shalt be polite to others.
2. RavenFyre is in charge of everything, as I will be busy most of the weekend. (That means he can nominate you for blacklisting if you misbehave, folks!)
3. If you are posting to Bush Babies contest then please post in the Shout post style.
4. If you are posting to The Shop on the Corner of 5th and Vine contest then please post in the Think post style.
5. If you are posting generally, then no post style is needed.
6. Have fun and Happy Halloween!
User Image
Tales of Horror!

Short story contest! Write a short scary story, a tale of horror involving one or more of your Bush Babies! Don't have a Bush Baby? Then write a scary tale of how you are led to one of your own! Three mystery Bush Babies await the best three entries! Good luck one and all!

Rules
    * One entry per participant. You are allowed to make one other entry for a friend, but it must be a different story and in a different post
    * Entries must be submitted in the proper post style, in this case the shout post style, so that we know it's your entry. Do -NOT- PM entries to me or Kishara. They'll be ignored as will entries not submitted in the proper post style
    * Grammar/spell check is recommended
    * Proper capitalization and punctuation is mandatory!
    * There is no length limit to an entry, write it as long or short as you please, as long as it is long enough to be a story.
    * In the eternal words of Thumper: "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all!"

Entries will be taken until the end of the Halloween Event!

Participants:
    * Fallaryn
    * Hakkai-chan
    * Moros
User Image
Tales of Sweets!

Short story contest! Write a short story of your jelly/ies trick or treating adventure, whether it be a tale of great candy success, or a flopped candy expidition! Don't have a Shop Corner jelly? Then write a sweet, trick or treat tale of how you are led to one of your own! Four mystery Jellies along with their jelly pets await the best four entries! Good luck one and all!

Rules
    * One entry per participant. You are allowed to make one other entry for a friend, but it must be a different story and in a different post
    * Entries must be submitted in the proper post style, in this case the think post style, so that we know it's your entry. Do -NOT- PM entries to me or Kishara. They'll be ignored as will entries not submitted in the proper post style
    * Grammar/spell check is recommended
    * Proper capitalization and punctuation is mandatory!
    * There is no length limit to an entry, write it as long or short as you please, as long as it is long enough to be a story.
    * In the eternal words of Thumper: "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all!"

Entries will be taken until the end of the Halloween Event!

Participants:
    * Hakkai-chan
    * Moros
    * Silly Hizoko
    * FRICTIONfighter
Bush Baby Entries from the previous thread

Fallaryn
Bush Babies from Glittering Green Smoke
by Fallaryn

It was a chilly Gaian night for Hallowe'en... too chilly. Everyone were wearing winter coats so early in the year, and the autumn season was not supposed to be over until around Christmas.

A sigh came from a Gaian minding her buisness, getting candy from trick-or-treating. Her Gaian name was Fallaryn. What always drove her crazy was that everyone pronounced her name wrong, and to this day, after verifying on how to pronounce it, still nobody pronounces it right. Oh well, she had always thought to herself, might as well stick to it.

Fallaryn made her way to an area full of breedable shops, seeing many activities going on. She never really had time for them, since something always had to happen and she would end up missing them. Typical; nearly all of the breedable pets she wanted, others managed to get. Even over a year makes no complete difference.

She was just about to completely pass the breedable shops, when she heard a shriek coming from one of the shops. Thinking fast, she dropped all her belongings that she was carrying and rushed to the shop of where the scream came from. She barely had enough time to read the name of the shop, Bush Babies, before entering and witnessing something very frightening. There, what looked to be a Bush Baby, was leading a clone army to take over the shop.

It seemed that the customers and owners were so frightened that they all squashed themselves against the shop walls, and some even managed to escape the shop. Pausing for a moment, an innocent Bush Baby took hold of Fallaryn's right hand, and led her to another room.

"You must help us!" the Busy Baby said quickly and quietly, closing the door and locking it.

"Why?" Fallaryn asked curiously, thinking that the Bush Baby was insane to think that she would be of any help.

"Everyone else are much too frightened to dare take down the clones! And the clones seem to be indestructible," the Bush Baby added, peering through the keyhole, checking to see that nobody were listening in, "it makes me think that maybe since you are not frightened, you can stop them."

Fallaryn stood there, staring mouth opened at the Bush Baby. It had definately lost its marbles. "What in the world can I really do? I mean, the only thing I'm good at is math... and-- WAIT! I've got an idea!" and so Fallaryn pulled the Bush Baby away from the door to the far end of the room. It was obvious that the room was a closet, so they did not go far.

"What is it?" the Bush Baby cried out excitedly.

"Just do as I say, and tell everyone else the plan, too!" Fallaryn said, her voice dropping to a very quiet whisper to make sure the clones cannot hear.

Tip-toeing very quietly, Fallaryn and her new friend, the Bush Baby from the conversation in the closet, they both made their way around the clones without being noticed. The Bush Baby made its way to the shop owners, and whispered the plan into their ears. In the meantime, Fallaryn suddenly made her way loudly in front of the clone army, to face the original.

"RAWR!" the original screamed at Fallaryn's face.

"Hah!" Fallaryn laughed back.

The result of her lauging was quite odd; one of the nearby clones disappeared with a cloud of green and glittery smoke.

"Erm..." the original said uneasily, not knowing what was going on.

Moments after the disappearance of the one clone, the shop owners began to laugh according to plan, and the customers began to follow suit. And so one by one, the clones disappeared with green and glittery smoke. Eventually, the entire shop was clouded with the glittery green smoke, and all the clones were gone.

The culprit was placed in the closet as punishment, and it turned out that by using the glittery green smoke properly, the smoke turned into real live Bush Babies, all looking and acting different. So Hallowe'en was not too bad, since Fallaryn was given special awards for helping out with the horrible experience of cloned evil Bush Babies.

~Fin

Hakkai-chan
October 29, 2005

I have finally moved into the new house. It took all day to get the boxes and furniture into the place, but around eight we were done. I�ve found more problems with the place already that will need patched and fixed, though for being my first house I�m rather proud of it.
I was so excited when I found the late nineteenth century home on sale for so cheap, and bought it right away despite the obvious problems that it had. The main one that I have noticed is that there is a leak somewhere upstairs. I can�t locate it, but I keep hearing the dripping sound echoing down the stairs. I also found a place where it appeared that a bush was growing. I tried to remove it, a bit confused how a bush had managed to start growing in the second story of the house, but it didn�t want to budge. I think in the morning I�ll go in with the hedge trimmers and take care of it and then see what I can do about its roots later.
It�s getting late now, and the house gets dark at this time. I need to set up the lamps tomorrow as well and make sure the electricity is up and running. For now though, I should rest.

October 30, 2005

7 A.M.
I didn�t sleep well at all last night. There must be rats in the second story as well, because I could hear something moving around up there the whole night. I�ll set up some traps while I�m up there to take care of the bush.

7:30
The bush is gone, no sign of it there any more. I don�t understand what could have happened to it. Some things up stairs were moved around as well. I�m going to have to make sure that no one can get into the house. I still don�t understand where the bush has gone. I can still hear movement upstairs, but every time I go to look and find out what is making the noise, I�m the only thing up there. I set up some traps just in case it is rats, but I�m starting to suspect that it�s not.

9 P.M.

I spent the day unpacking, though I�m still hearing the noises upstairs. They seem to be getting louder, and I�m feeling a bit paranoid. I called to find out if there was anything strange about the house, but she said there wasn�t. I think she was lying. Why else would this house be so cheap when it�s such a nice place. I�ve locked myself in my room for tonight, but suspect that whatever is upstairs knows this.

3 A.M.

It�s downstairs with me now, I can hear it creeping around. I�m afraid to open my door. Whatever it is, it isn�t human. I�ve been hearing these noises; frightening sounds that make my skin crawl. As soon as morning comes, I�m leaving. I�m just waiting for the sun to start to rise.

6:30 A.M.

I�m going to attempt to escape, but it�s been outside my door for a while now. I�m going to make a run for it, and hope that whatever this creature is, it can�t outrun me. I open the door quietly, peeking out and not seeing a thing. I pull the door open the rest of the way, and start to run. I can hear it running after me, and suddenly the door outside seems to be so far away. I�m almost there, stumbling close, but it�s right behind me. So close, almost there, but then it hits me tackling to the ground with a loud �chu!� I turn in horror to see what creature has decided to make me its dinner, and meet face to face with an adorable looking Bush Baby, grinning at me happily. I lay there stunned as it nuzzles against me, chu-ing happily as it did.

Two Months Later

Me and Akio, the bush baby that decided to make my home its habitat are decorating for Christmas. The house is looking great, but lately there have been strange noises from the attic�.
Kishara
Here's the teaser for Bush Babies:
User Image

And here's the teaser for The Shop on the Corner of 5th and Vine:
User Image

Fatcat

*envisions all sorts of nasties that Gorny could do in a scary story* X:
I figure he would fit in well in a scary story? O.o;
Yay entry! whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items