Welcome to Gaia! ::

What sort of BC shop do you prefer?

Cute pets with not much plot/rp/background involved but nice artwork. Sig candy 0.28301886792453 28.3% [ 30 ]
Pets/characters that I can rp and make up personalities/backgrounds for. In-depth pets. ;) 0.17924528301887 17.9% [ 19 ]
I like pets I can rp but I never have enough time. Maybe if the rp potential is there but not mandatory. 0.5377358490566 53.8% [ 57 ]
I don't really like pets. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 106 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 1457 1458 1459 > >> >>> »|

Note: Please don't "bump" the thread, especially when there is currently nothing going on.
Chatting posts are great, but just "bump" isn't really neccessary. Thanks! 4laugh

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
News:
If anyone is waiting on child and adult stages for their cait, please post in the thread.

If you have had a litter but not received your certed cits, PLEASE PM ME! (quite a few of my messages got deleted)

User Image

DDB is currently: having a near-thirties crisis.
RainFox is currently: Offline. Extended abscense. Unknown time.

• Under no circumstances are the images to be edited, the copyright removed, the images traced or any other form of redistribution by unauthorized parties.

• You are not to take any images found in this thread and claim/use them as your own. Anyone caught doing this in any way will be banned from any involvment in the Cait.... forever!!

• You are not to cause any unneccessary strife inside or to the users in this thread. Trollers will be banned from any involvment in the Cait, and also "prosecuted"(reported).

• You are to strictly follow the rules of any auction involving the Cait. Rules will be clearly posted in Auction threads. Anyone breaking the rules of auction will be banned from any involvment in the Cait.

• You may only buy one cait from each flatsale. No, not even if the second is for a friend.

• You may only ask for one custom slot at a time. Like above, not even if the other slot is for a friend. You may co-own a custom cait though.

• Resale/Transfer of ownership of Cait owned is not allowed, unless discussed with and approved by me.

• You are not to harass owners of Cait for any reason, neither in public nor private. Users found doing this will be banned from any involvment in the Cait.

• You may only keep one cit from your litter (one for each parent's owner), the rest must be given new homes.

• You may co-own, but only between two people.

• You must be capable of hosting your own images. I will only host images for the duration of their growth. After that, it is up to you to host them yourselves.

• I reserve the right to refuse sale to offending parties. I also reserve the right to remove ownership of rules breakers with no obligation of refund. You break the rules bad enough to make me take your Cait away, then what you paid for it is your tough luck, buddy.

• There is no obligation of refund should you decide to return or disown your Cait for some reason. However, if there is a particular situation, merely discuss it with me and we will see if a refund is possible.

The History of the Cait:

The Cait were once a small numbered and seldom noticed race of furries. They're small stature and shy, secretive nature kept them from the public's notice. They were not unhappy, but at the same time longed for something more than their everyday flitting about.
One day, a clueless little gaian fox (that's me!! blaugh ) stumbled upon them.....literally. She tripped right over a little peach colored cait whom, after a bit of apologizing and shocked silence at the site of the little winged furball in front of her, the gaian learned was named Kiteko. A friendship was struck, and all was happy and good.
Rain, the gaian in question, came to know more of the Cait, spending many days exploring their Hidden Thickette. She found another friend in the much more solemn little Cait named Aisling, and decided that she would take them both out into the world of Gaia, and show them the more "out in the open" sights.
Upon seeing the street affectionatly known by many Gaians as "The Breedables/Changing place", they were in awe. The long road littered with booth after booth who's sole purpous was to unit a unique animal with the perfect gaian seemed like the perfect place to help lonely, bored, or adventurous Cait to be coupled with Gaians who could help enrich their lives. It was brilliant, and they would elect Rain as the C.E.O of the operation. She even adopted two more Cait, herself. Keelin and Eirin.
This story is getting too long....
I'm going to speed through the rest xd
So Rain built the Cait their own little booth from which business would happen. And it was good. The Gaian's responce to the Cait was very good, and many Gaians wanted to take one home. But the work load became too much for one little gaian fox to handle all on her own, and Rain became weary of all work and no play. There was also the little matter of her having to go *poof* for an unknown amount of time. And so the Cait booth was closed, and there much wailing and gnashing of teeth. sad

...BUT....

Rain returned from her poofage, and decided that the Cait were not reaching their full potential as had been planned, and so she tore down the old booth, and built ye up a new one. Better than before. And now there was much rejoicing and leaping from the ground! For the Cait now had a new breath of energy, and also (rather strangly and completely with no scientific reasoning) a new look about them. And Rain went to work at making wonderful things for the Cait's own amusment. She sowed little clothes, built little beds, stuffed little plushies, and scowered the Gaian forests for little animals to keep the Cait company.
And although the new booth is currently undergoing renovations and so is not open, the Cait are eagerly awaiting the day when they get to go home with thier new Gaian companions.

There....that sickeningly sweet enough for you?? domokun

New Chapter

After a while, Rain decided to share ownership, so that more could get done in the shop. DDB accepted, and it was good. And never was there such frolicing and dancing and throwing of muffins.

NEW new Chapter

A horrible disaster swept o're all of Gaia, and one by one, Cait shops where eatin up by the earth itself, and new shops were rebuilt. Here's to hoping that this is the LAST creaky little shack that we will have to make. Huzzah!

Definitions and Pronunciations:
CaitSine - The little infant Cait Cits are known as Sine; Roughly it means "little gift" - (Seen)
CaitBinne - Young female Cait Cits are known as Binne; Roughly it means "sweet" - (Bin)
CaitMuirne - The strapping young male Cait Cits are known as Muirne; Roughly it means "High Spirited" - (Mern)
CaitSiobhan- The elegant grown female Cait are known as Siobhan Roughly it means "Gracious" - (See-oh-bahn)
CaitBryg - The handsome grown male Cait are known as Bryg; Roughly it means "Mighty" - (Breeg)
Cait Eibhilin - This is the overall name for the Cait Race; Roughtly it means "pure light" - (Kate Ae-bill-in)
CaitBrishe - Brishe? What the heck is that? Make sense, man! ninja

Q. I need one! I desire one! My every bone aches for one! How do I make this pain go away? crying
A. See a doctor, Caits don't cause physical aching. xd Other known methods to relieve this pain include checking the 'Sales' post for announcements of flatsales, auctions, raffles and contests.

Q. How much do they cost?
A. In a flatsale, the cost is 5k.

Q. If I PM you, will you sneak me one under the table?
A. Um.....no. sweatdrop Sorry, but just like everyone else, you have to tough it out here and prove your metal. arhargh.

Q. Will you do customs? I wouldn't mind havin one o' them. wink
A. Customs are available when DDB or Rain say they are acepting orders for them (ie they have open slots). See the 'Sales' Post for more information.
  • "All stage" Customs can have wings (noncustom), Familiars (noncustom), and 3 clothing items (none custom) of their choice (halo excluded). Cost is 400k
  • "Single Stage" Customs are just like normal customs except they're already adults (or pernament cits or children). You can upgrade these kinds of custom caits (if they were originally in the child or cit stage) by paying the 200k difference. Cost is 200k
  • Uber Customs (custom everything) are the rarest of the Cait turnouts, and will probably not happen more than once a year. And Rain must really love you or owe you for one of these puppies.... or you save her life or something.

Q. Do you do pet trades at all?
A. I'll trade a Tora, Teashop Puppy or Star Chaser (for a normal cait). Or a Pokeboy for a custom cait or lionback cait. Or a unique lineart cait for a 707 Error Pokemon from Saibraeus (I adore your artwork!)

Please contact me if you are the owner of the store. If you are a colourist or someone with a new litter to offer, please also provide permission from the store's owner to do the trade too.

Q. How long do they take to grow?
A. All depends on what Rain and DDB have happening in rl. As much as they'd like to, they can't colour caits all day sad Usually though it takes a couple of months for each stage. This gives you time to rp with them at each age and to enjoy the cuteness! Don't worry though, however long it takes we won't forget to grow your cait.

Q. Can I be on staff?!?!?
A. Sorry, I have all of the help that I need. I'll announce if anything becomes available though.

Q. Is there roleplaying here? What gives??
A. Yes. The new Cait and the old Cait blend happily together at the Hidden Thickette ^_^ Rp is not a requirement though.

Q. Ok, all of the CaitSíne look the same!! How am I supposed to tell if mine's male or female, has wings or not?!?
A. I will tell you when I sell a Cait what gender it is, and if it has any special aspects.

Q. Can I be a guest colorist?
A. Sorry, but DDB doesn't like to give out Rain's art to people we haven't known for ages. Please don't take it personally. sweatdrop

Q. Give me Cait now. I'm too lazy to read all of this junk!
A. I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means "no". Read, you lazy bum!

You can personalize your Cait by getting them a background to suit them.
Tha Rules: You are able to change your background after your initial purchase, HOWEVER, if you remove a background, you do not get your gold back if you paid for the background which is being removed. You also must pay the required cost of the new background.
Limit one change per 2 week.
It is free to change back to Default. wink

Default:
Every Cait comes with this loverly field in which to frolic and play.
Cost: Free!

Berries:
The fruits of love.
Cost: 1k

Space Cadet:
Space.....the final frontier. eek

Secret Laboratory:
Mwahahah Who knows what concocsions your Cait can stir up in here.

Dismal Days:
Some times even the greyest days can be nice.
Cost: 5k

Peaceful Night:
For the calm and serene Cait.

Snowy Weather:
Brrrrr. Better make sure your Cait has a thick coat!

Moldering Sanctum:
Does your Cait like musky, dank places? If you purchase this BG, you'd better hope so.

African Savannah:
Just about nothing can compare to the beauty of the open Savannah. I just hope that heat doesn't bother your Cait.
Cost:5k

Desert Mirage:
Shade! And Water!!! ..but.....is it real? eek
Cost:5k

Hotel Lobby:
Once a thriving business, this deserted hotel lobby is a bit on the dusty and spooky side.
Cost:10k

Deep Forrest:
Are you lost, little Cait? In this thick forrest setting, you may get there.
Cost: 10k

Cursed Dungeon:
Legends say that....this dungeon is really creepy. Oh yeah, and cursed. For the Cait who has a villianous personality.

Bed of Roses:
The ultimate setting for a pampered Cait. Softness beyond compare.

-More to come at later dates-

Flatsales

Flat Sales cost 5k. Lionback flatsale caits cost 8k.

Auctions
None for a while...

Raffles
Not right now...

Contests
Nothing up my sleeve.

Customs
This includes choice the gender, colour, patterns and wings if you want them. Plus choice of cert, 3 items and familiar.

Three-stage Custom: $400k
Single-stage Custom: $200k
Full details in the FAQ

Custom Slots
Two opening soon

Please Note!
The time listed for sales will be in my own timezone, unless otherwise stated (ie, because Rain is hosting a sale). However, for your convienience I have linked this online converter to work out what time it is for you. Just put the original time and the location as "Perth - Western Australia".

Timezone Converter
Familiars! The other white meat...wait ...that's not right sweatdrop

-edit-
I need to set this section up. GIMME TIME!! Slave driver! scream
Breeding

Yes! DDB has decided to try her hand at getting the breeding happening again. Little baby cits are just too cute to resist! Plus she knows how much fun it to create little families and rp parents/young and new budding love!

However there were some problems with how the original breeding was run before, which led to it being stopped. So there will be some changes with how it is run now.

When and How?
So she still has time to put on flatsales, auctions, contests and other activities, breeding will only happen occasionally. Sometime during each month (rl events and problems pending), one slot will open for a pair of cait to breed and have a litter of their very own.

Who gets this slot and how will vary each month, depending on the alignment of the planets, whether the salmon are running and what DDB feels like doing at the time. xd It could be a contest, a raffle or even a nomination process!

Cit Information
Caits are able to have litters of between 3 and 5 cits in size.
Once the parents are announced, DDB will create a post with a random number selection between these two amounts to see how many will be in that litter. The cost of breeding your caits will be 6k per cit that is being born.
Once the cits are born, she will pm the parent's owners and they can decide what they would like to do with them.

What can you do with the cits?
Well you can keep them, so long as you don't go over your limit of 5 caits per person. Or you can give them away to friends.

They cannot be resold, auctioned off, or used in pet trades. However if you wish to raffle them off (for free), you can so long as you ask DDB first. She'll make the second post in your raffle thread so people know it's all legit. wink Then you may continue to host it yourself.

Breeding Rules
  • Caits must be in their adult stage to be able to breed.
  • Caits are only able to breed twice.
  • Winners of a breeding slot may not participate in the next two breeding slot events.
  • Parents can only keep one cit each (if there are enough). The rest must be given away.
  • People are not allowed to harrass the winners of a slot for one of their cits.
  • Winged cits may appear rarely and randomly in litters but are more common when one or both parents are also winged.
  • Special caits (ie Lionback, Grunny and Space ones) are able to breed but their litters will be smaller. Only 1-3 cits and probably only one will inherit the rare traits.

Current Slots:

Rain's Pet Trades are Closed!
(unless you are on the list of pets i'm really interested in)
I'm not currently taking any more pet trades. heart
Please read entirely through this post. Thank you.
I don't like RP intensive pets. I haven't the free time for them. And I'm a bit picky with what I want, I look for particular things, so if I decline, please don't take it as a personal insult. I just don't want to have 30 pets that I can't take care of. crying
To ensure that your PM offer stays in my inbox for more than 20 minutes, please send your pet trade offer PMs to Kitwe (my rarely used second account), and I will log in there once every few days to check for PMs.

What to send:
- A link to your pet thread.
- Preferably a brief example of how your pets work.
- Sample images are nice, too wink

What Rain Likes:
- Foxes, Felines, Furries, Unique
- Dark, morbid, spooky, etc types
- Insanely cute types
- Killer line work and/or coloring

What Rain Dislikes:
- Required RP
- Required "checking into the thread" often
- Pets that can die (unless they are undead type pets XD)

Pets that Rain already takes a fancy to:
I haven't done much research on these. If they are RP intensive, then I can only accept if the shop owners would be willing to make an acception in my case. sad

- MoKat
- Aduthule
- TPC
- Feli (wild *drool*)
- Sion
- Mouse-Ling
- Notion
- Pocket Pygmy

Extra stuff:
- I offer an even trade, if a pet trade is agreed. A custom for a custom, a premade for a premade. And so on.
- Shop owners can also trade for Cait for thier friends. heart The shop owner must make the proposal, though.
- Just another reminder, If I delcine.....please please please please please don't take it as an offense. I simply don't want to do too many pet trades, and I don't want to have one of each type of pet imaginable, and so I am going to harshly limit the amount of pets that I trade for.
-Also, because I am horrid at flatsales and such, if you get a pet that is on my want list in a flatsale, and the owner of said thread allows it, you can give me the pet and get yourself a premade Cait (Premade means not custom, but I may be open to "suggestions" on what you type of Cait you want).

Pets that I've traded for:
2 Squeekats
2 Sun Children
1 Brannon
1 Kitsusagi
1 Tamashii
1 Bear of Spirit

Co-owner: DDB
Thread Muscle: Thesik

heart Donations:
(note: Donations are neither expected nor requested. if you send one, you're crazy and all the Caits love you. 4laugh )

Nightwind Feral - 304 gold heart
MoochiLove - 2 June Letters('04) heart
Pandorra - 2k gold heart
Cubi - 20k gold eek heart
Pandorra - 2k gold heart
MoochiLove - 2 July Letters('04) heart
Neko Kangi - 1500 gold heart
saddiamonds - 400 gold heart
oc3anofdr3ams - 3000 gold heart

Linkers:

[URL=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7554299&start=0][img]http://www.ilovetherain.com/Cait/Images/Banner1.gif[/img][/URL]

[URL=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7554299&start=0][img]http://www.ilovetherain.com/Cait/Images/Banner2.gif[/img][/URL]

Linkees:

Aduthule // Airashii HQ // Aku no Neko // Ava Raji Preservation // Awen Pet Adoption Center and Hatchery // Ben and Jersey's // Blathanna Garden // A Bookstore Named Desire // Brannon // Cemetary Shadows // Chimuian Beastiary // Clearly Canadian // Cougars // Daughters of Archaneum // Destiny Star Stables // Dinoa // Domestic Hybrid Center //Dragon Kats // Dreamshop // Drittens Den // Edonisu // Eoghan Slenin // Eryi: Valley of the Wind // Fairy Dragons // FallenRain // Feather-Tailed Adoption Agency // Feli Playgrounds // Fidelity // Fluffy Cats Adoption Agency // Forest Creatures // From the Ashes // Gaian Humane Society // Garden of Everything // Gate to Hesperides // Glyphons // Gremlins // Hana Ryu // Ha'ouli Isle // Heaven's Strays // Hyros // IImpossumble Pets // Kida // Kitty's Moon // Kousie Labs // Lake of Sions // Lil Wings // Lynxy // Maecenas of the Valley of the Moon // Meo Yume's // Minikitterbies // [MLP] Dream Castle // Ninja Monkeys of DOOM // The Pacific Link // Pandora's Box // Persekitties // Pet Cemetary // Petcot //Piffle Nest // Plains of Saighneian // Present Pets // Realm of Kitsusagi // Realm of Rohinda // Shadows of Africa // Shounen-Ai Love // Smiling Cat // Soul Stone Mines // SqueeKats // Sunchildren // Tigre Mirage // Tutelary Deities // Ty's Adoptables // Worlds Apart // Zios of Lauradyss // Whimsicals

Want to trade shop links? Drop in and post a request. I'm also floating around grabbing linkees that I like, so if you see yours here, and you think "Hey! I didn't ask her to do that!!", it's because I just spotted your shop and liked it alot. wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff