Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you find Gaia's ban policy to be too lenient on people who violate the ToS?

Yes, because they can easily return on a new name to continue wrongdoings. 0.42645815722739 42.6% [ 1009 ]
No, it's perfect just the way it is. 0.15469146238377 15.5% [ 366 ]
Stricter bans need to be put in place to prevent the IPs of violators from having access to Gaia. 0.21048182586644 21.0% [ 498 ]
It's too strict. 0.2083685545224 20.8% [ 493 ]
Total Votes:[ 2366 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 1063 1064 1065 > >> >>> »|

Hey, I'm MoCC. I've been on Gaia for about 3 years now. I've noticed Gaia's becoming progressively worse in terms of greed. People are constantly being exploited for their generosity. There are far too many scammers on Gaia. Something needs to be done to prevent them from succeeding. This thread is dedicated to educating users how to avoid scammers and protect their accounts. If you have any information to improve this thread, please PM me ASAP and I'll update immediately. All help is greatly appreciated. It's up to us to take a stand against these scammers and eliminate them.

Post Content
I. Introduction
II. Common Scenarios of Scam Activity
III. Consequences of being scammed or hacked
IV. E-Mail and Instant Message Gaia Scams
V. List of Scammers who are active on Gaia
VI. Victims
VII. Help Spread the Word
VIII. Secure your Online Privacy

Affiliates
As the campaign to eliminate scammers and hackers and educate Gaians to remain secure rages on, we've got a new ally. Death_Note_To_Misa has created the R.A.U. Scammer prevention UNIT as well as a petition to convince admins that change is necessary to prevent people from being victims to cheaters. Please take a few seconds of your time to sign this petition.

User Image

User Image
Common Scenarios of Scam Activity

arrow Wrapped Deception
Over a year ago there was a user on a mule account who was claiming to be selling his Kiki Kitty for 2000g. Tons of people scrambled at the chance for such a low price on a rare, popular item. People sent their gold, and received a wrapped gift. When they opened it, they found Peasant Clothes. The scammer then transferred all the gold made to his/her main account and Gaia banned the one that he use to scam, which did no justice at all. If someone sends you a wrapped item, cancel the trade.

arrow Fear Factor
Occaisionally, you'll find a PM from someone with a name like [NPC] Admin or [MOD] Joey. They claim to be Gaia moderators or admins, and demand you give your password because they need access to your account and will ban you if you don't comply. New users especially feel pressured or scared and fall for this scam. Gaia NEVER asks you for your personal info. If Gaia admins want to look at your account activity, they don't need permission. If someone sends you a PM, posing as a Gaia official and asking for your password, report and ignore them immeditately. Moderators and admins have different colored names (green I believe). People on your friendslist have blue names. If someone with a black name PMs you and claims to be an admin or mod, they're a scammer. You're being frightened with false accusations or threats to make you give up personal info.

arrow Stabbed in the Back
This may have happened to a few of you, since I've heard that it's the most common scam and is why so many claim to have been hacked. You're really not being hacked at all. You just joined Gaia most likely. You found someone who seems nice and offers to help you. Maybe you don't know how to make a profile or change your preferences. You gave your password to someone else. They helped you. You thanked them. 3 or 4 months later when you've forgotten entirely about them, they sign into your account since you gave out your password and steal everything you own. Never trust anyone with your password. They will scam you regardless of who they are - siblings, friends you know in real life, etc.

arrow Sympathy
You might've noticed tons of threads from beggars in Chatterbox, Charity, and Welcome to Gaia. They all claim to be new or victims of a hacker and need help. Don't believe them. Listen, if they just joined Gaia, let them figure it out and earn their gold first. It's not your responsibility to give your gold to someone else, especially when they're more than likely scamming you. Why should you put effort into making gold and then give it away to a lazy liar? How can you tell who's a scammer though? It's actually quite easy. Just check their profile out.

What criteria makes them a scammer? I'd say anyone with under 600 posts is a scamming you. If the person joined the same day, they're scamming you. If the person registered several months ago and has barely any posts at all, then they're scamming you. Someone who's been here since 2005 and only has 100 posts for instance is using a mule account to scam you. Someone's who's been here for 5 months and only has 100 posts is probably scamming you too. With Gaia's new customizeable profile system, people are hiding information though. It's easy to do a profile scam on them though. We'll use Btrflychik for an example.

Special thanks to Windeh Chama for this information: "For finding someone's post, however, there's a much easier way then looking up their numbers and typing them into the search aurthor link. At the top of any New School Profile, past the My Gaia, Gams, ect. options, there is a blue questonmark in a white circle. If you click that, it shows serval options and ones avatar. Second from the bottom, there is view post, and if you click that, you are taken to their post history. =3"

Now you're able to view her posts.

That url allows you to view Btrflychik's post activity. Now just check how many pages of posts there are. Is it a low number? That most likely means the person doesn't use Gaia much. Check their post content. What are they talking about? Are they just bumping or posting nonsense? You can use that to tell you whether or not this person is a scammer. Scammers are more than likely just running around begging for gold and randomly posting stupidness and quick comments anywhere. Look for people who have several comments in their profile from different people or who appear to actually be here for a purpose - those are the people you shouldn't be as suspicious about. I wouldn't recommend donating to Btrflychik. If she isn't a mule account, then she's not a user that's active much, meaning your gold is going to waste on someone who is barely online. Don't donate to people like that.

arrow Corrupt Giveaways
This is actually a situation that I fell into. A scammer created a Lotto thread. You buy tickets and after all the tickets are sold, a winner is selected with the random number generator. Now, the first thing you look for is whether or not the person hosting it has the prizes. If the item they're giving away isn't on their avatar or they didn't post it up in their thread using the display inventory option, you know right away that it's scam. But let's say they do post the items or have them visible on their avatar. Now what? You really can't trust them either way. All I can advise is that you do an in-depth profile check on that person. Make sure that person has been a member of Gaia for a long time, at least over a year. They should have a large amount of posts too, especially if they're giving away something like a Kiki Kitty or Demonic Pendant for instance. If the person joined a few months ago and has 2000 posts, and claims they'll give you a Nitemare Scarf, I wouldn't trust them. Once they receive all their gold, they may cheat and enter their mule accounts into the contest. They then claim their mule won. They trade all the gold and their rare items away to another name. By the time you realize you were scammed, they're already safe. You report them to Gaia, and Gaia admins are useless. The account has no items or gold. Even if they ban it, the scammer still got away.

Don't buy tickets immediately. Wait and see what's going on. If the topic owner seems to be in a rush, has a lot of mispellings, changes their rules a lot, or makes new threads with the same event, they are a scammer. A perfect example of this can be found at this thread.

Here is a recent scam thread that seems to pop up a lot in Chatterbox: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28537563&page=1

arrow Bump Quests
Don't trust them. They change too much. The person runs around bumping their quest and progress. If they're really devoted to this quest and intend to buy those items, they'd create a thread at the charity forum and design it well. One week they bump that they want an Angelic Guitar, and after a few donations they suddenly give up on that and buy a Pandy Pack.

Be careful also of people who create quest threads. Those who are illiterate, meaning they use abbreviations like 'plz don8 2 mi 4 mai qwest' tend to be scammers. Also be careful of people in the Charity forum who create a thread then give up after 1 or 2 bumps. They're looking for free gold and are impatient and undeserving. More than likely they're scammers on mules or intend to quit Gaia because they don't wish to earn gold on their own. They make new names all the time to pose as a new member thinking you'll feel sorry for them and donate.

arrow Obvious Mules
A user with a profile like this is clearly a mule. They join, have 4 posts or less, then vanish, never to sign on again. The use starter outfits or free daily items to decorate their avatars. More than likely, they'll swarm to the Welcome to Gaia forum and ask for friends. As soon as you send an invite, they PM you and beg for gold. They're scammers on mules. If you track the activity of a few of the new members on Gaia, you'll see many quit within the same day because they're just scammers on mules looking for sympathy points. They think you'll feel sorry for new members and want to help out. It's a scam. Another thing to look out for when finding a scammer is whether or not they have a signature. Also make sure to know where they're posting. If someone just joined today and is busy in a cyber sex hook-up thread, most likely they're a sicko on a mule who likes to get kicks and remain anonymous.

arrow Services
Sometimes, you hire a person to help bump your thread. Perhaps you're an artist who received a request for avi art. The other person though may scam you. How? In situations where people are bumpers, both sides could get burned. The person who's asking for bumping to be done should send the trade, but not complete it until the bumper finishes, otherwise you risk them taking the gold and escaping to another name. At the same time, bumpers beware. There have been situations where people completed their work and the person who requested their service cancelled the trade and fled to a new name. Always make sure you subscribe to the original thread where the rules are. Make sure you know the username of the person who hired you, or the person who is paying you. Never complete a trade until the task is done. If you're making art, send the art with the words 'SAMPLE' typed across the image. This way, the person can't steal it and must pay so you can send the original drawing without those words blocking it. When the trade is done, send the art.

arrow Sob Stories
Alright, I get a lot of sob stories from people. Some of the best include:

"My grandma died and said her last wish was for me to have a lot of gold on Gaia."

and..

"I have cancer. I will die soon. Please give me gold."

I'm really not making either case up. People have really sent those to me as pleas in an attempt to make me feel sorry for them. Listen, if someone's grandmother or dog died, they shouldn't be on Gaia. They should be at counseling. If they have cancer and are dying soon, I don't see why the hell they're wasting their precious time on Gaia. Don't let someone scam you like this. Ignore them.

arrow Avi Contest Scams
SnowDr0ps reported that she entered an avi contest that was rigged. Apparently she discovered that the owner of the thread had actually entered her mule account into the contest and was getting several votes every minute. This is why avi contests aren't safe. You never know who's using 10 mules or has their entire friendslist helping by voting for them to ensure they win.

arrow 'PM ME AND ILL MAKE U RICH QUIK'
Someone on a naked mule posts around claiming they can give you hundreds of thousands of gold if you PM them. When you PM them, they ask for your password. It's a scam. Report them.

arrow Quitters
There are numerous topics where the author claims to be giving away their belongings because he or she no longer wishes to be here anymore. Some claim they give items out randomly, with no specific criteria. Some throw hints that they want cyber sex in exchange for something. Others demand gold before they give away anything. Why would you need gold if you're quitting and giving everything away? Don't trust any of them. They're sick scammers. Below are some examples of topics like this:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22650563&page=1

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22646393&page=1

Special thanks to Yvan Et Nioj for the following information..
arrow Gaia look-alike sites: These fakes sites look like Gaia and have a login dialogue that asks for your Gaia username and password. When you use these dialogues to log in, your Gaia account info is sent to a scammer and can be used to break into your account. Always make sure you are on http://www.gaiaonline.com before you log in.

WATCH OUT FOR HACKERS! THEY USE FAKE WEBSITES THAT MONITOR WHAT YOU TYPE AND STEAL YOUR PASSWORD TO TAKE OVER YOUR ENTIRE ACCOUNT:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

chicabowwow reported the following:

mrmanboobs
if u cant get gold easly then uve found the place
1. type int he address bar cheatsforgaia.blogspot.com
2.folo instructions to ur dreams
3.ur rich

Clicking the link takes you to a hacker's keylogger site which steals your password so your account can be stolen. DO NOT CLICK THE LINK. REMEMBER, IT IS NOT RELATED TO WWW.GAIAONLINE.COM. ALWAYS LOOK AT A URL BEFORE CLICKING A LINK AND NEVER TRUST IT IF IT ASKS FOR A PASSWORD. CLEAR YOUR BROWSER CACHE COMPLETELY AFTERWARDS TOO.

Here's a picture of some questions hacker sites ask to steal your information. Remember never to click those links. Special thanks to chikabowwow for submitting it - http://i10.tinypic.com/4vgskz7.jpg

Here's a scam linking people to a hack site out of Gaia, NEVER click those links: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=30624985#1285201088

chikabowwow & dragontika submitted this message that scammers have been sending through PM.. http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/broken_kratos/iamgevo2.jpg & http://i7.tinypic.com/6eus3f4.jpg

arrow Gaia "Cheats:" Somebody claims to have a way to add insane amounts of gold and items to your account. They link you to a site that may or may not look convincing that asks you to fill out various fields, such as your Gaia account name, the items you want, the amount of gold you want... and your password. That's where the red flag should go up. Like Gaia look-alike sites, information you submit in these fields are sent to a scammer and are used to break into your account.

If anyone sends you a link to a page which appears to be on Gaia yet asks you to log in, it is a scam. They are called keyloggers. When you type in your password, the information is saved and sent to a hacker who then robs you. You may even receive an instant message where someone claims to have a site that explains how to get free donation items. When someone tried this one with me, they linked me to a Geocities site, which I didn't view. NEVER CLICK THE LINKS. THEY COULD BE VIRUSES. If they're not viruses, more than likely they lie to you and tell you to give away your password so they can give you rare items. All they do is hack you. Don't do it. Earn everything on your own. There is no quick, magic way to get expensive items or earn tons of gold.

Special thanks to Nolone for this thread where a scammer is trying to link people to a so called 'bot' site to earn 20k a day: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22679671&page=1#1090904515

NEVER CLICK THE LINKS THEY POST.

arrow Love?

You're free to chat with people and have your online relationships, nobody's stopping you - but you need to be cautious of who you're hooking up with if you do. Scammers like yen_blade are telling girls that his sister recently passed away. He uses it to build sympathy and try to get closer to the girl. According to `s t r a w b e r r y , after having known him for a while, he told her he wanted to give her a Kiki Kitty that belonged to his sister. He also told her that he loved her. He wanted her password to put the Kiki Kitty in her account. WARNING LIGHTS. He's a sick freak. Block him. Don't fall for these scams. Never trust people online - girls can pose as guys, guys can pose as girls. Anyone can go on Google and steal pictures and pretend that it's them.

Remember, these idiots can make as many free email addresses they want on AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. That means they make as many Gaia accounts as they want. They're sick freaks. They'll keep making new names and trying to trick people, especially all summer since they have no lives. You have to be on the look out for these scammers!

arrow Fancy Mumbo Jumbo
If someone tries to convince you that you're in violation of any legal sections or articles of Gaia then they're scamming you. People go to elaborate details now to scam, even making banners like this:
Information Advisory
YOU HAVE BEEN SUSPECTED OF HACKING AN ACCOUNT

Failure to reply with your Screen name and Password will result in the banning of the accused account

-All Questions will be answered after the screening process-
-15 minutes is given upon opening this message to comply-

If, upon inspection, the accused account is found to be wrongfully tagged, the owner will receive 10000g for wrongful accusation*

*section 114 (found in Gaia T.O.S.)

Thank you for your Cooperation

-Gaia Hacking Security

User Image

arrow Quiz Prize Scams
LunaPhantom reports that she has recently been scammed by one of the most common types of threads in Chatterbox - the huge quiz with a giveaway for whoever completes all the questions. Apparently after she completed the quiz and PMing the owner of the thread as instructed, he claimed he was hacked and never gave her the gold. People who own those threads are just looking to make a popular thread and trick you into wasting hours of your life to bump it up. Some warning signs include:

1 - What is the thread owner dressed in?
2 - When did the thread owner join?
3 - When was the last time the thread owner logged in and posted?

If they're wearing free or cheap items, joined last week, and only post once every few days, then you should be very suspicious before you take them seriously.

arrow Beta Testing
Sometimes people impersonate Gaia mods or admins and claim your account was selected to be a beta tester, but they need your password. You know the drill by now, it's a scam. Gaia never asks for personal info.

Below are examples of the messages these sick freaks send:

Quote:
Dear Gaia User,

This is a message from the admins of Gaia. Currently while going through our Beta phase we have encountered some problems. One particular problem accured with your account. To take action against these problems we'll need to have your password and how much gold you currently have so that we can restore everything to its current state. Please be aware nothing will be taken from your account and when we are done everything will be restored to its original state.

We are sorry for the inconvience. At Gaia we will never ask you for your passwords, but in this case its urgent. Unless you would no longer like to continue your account here, then we'll just demolish it.

Please reply within 24 hours with your username, password, and gold count if you'd like to save your account.

Thank you,
The Gaia Team.

Dear Gaia User,

Due to our shortage of moderators available on gaia, we are looking for new users to become part of the gaia admin/moderator team. We have carefully noted and viewed your particpation on gaia and would like to name you a new memeber to our team, but before you can be recruited on, we will need to look into your account more upfront to make sure you haven't made abuses to the TOS or have contributed to other rule breaking that will eliminate your chance to be included as a new moderator onto the Gaia team. Please fill in the form below if you would like to join the gaia admin team. If you do not wish to be part of this team, please ignore this form and we will ask another highly participating user. This form is just to verify that this isn't going to be sent to another user that wasn't selected for this opportunity.

Username:
Password:
E-mail:
Position: Bannings or forums (please specify which one you want)

If you accept to this agreement, you will be notified soon after and another moderator will take you step by step into helping you learn your new job. You also know why taking on this job is very important for helping others and your gaia community, thank you and congratutaions.

-Gaia Admins

Dear Gaian

We have received a few reports of you hacking Gaia. In order to avoid an immediate ban, we require your password to check your trade history. If you take longer then five minutes to respond to this warning, your account will be permanently banned. Unless you are offline at the time. In that case, you will have a 24 hour time period to do so. If you chose to cooperate and we find you guilty, your ban will only be for 1 week. But if you choose to disobey, your account will lose all of its rights and your IP will be blocked from our site.

Sincerely,
The Gaia Admin's

Special thanks to chicabowwow for PMing this new scam..

System_Online
User Image

User Image

>>We sorry to inform you but your account has been brought to our attention. Your account has been REPORTED and needs to be investigated for further information. Like any other Gaia Moderator, we dont normally ask for this information but to clear your report we need to check your account. We just want to help the innocent people to. You will be asked a few questions to verify that this is your account. Please fill out the information requested. If you do not fill out the information requested immediately your account will result in a Perma-Ban We Will reward you with something.

User Image "85k,and Any collectible you may wan't"

*Username:
*Password:
*Confirm Password:
*Email Address:

User Image

>>Once your account has been verified that its free of faults, your e-mail provider will be notified when your account investigation is over. We thank you for your patience. If you do not reply in the next 24 hours there will be a 6 month ban.

Please do not submit PM reports for swearing, attitude, or issues not covered in the Gaia Online TOS. Additionally, please do not submit this form multiple times for the same PM, this is fake so dont belive this, or spam this form with meaningless information. Only submit this form for the exact PM that is breaking the Gaia TOS or Forum Rules.This form submission is subject to the Gaia Online Terms of Service.

Violation Report Manager
We are sorry to inform you but your account has been brought to our attention. Your account has been REPORTED and needs to be investigated for further information. Like any other Gaia Moderator, we dont normally ask for this information but to clear your report we need to. If you fail to cooperate then you agree to these charges and we will take steps in closing your account. You will be asked a few questions to verify that this is your account. Please fill out the information requested.

Username-

Password-

E-Mail Address-

Once your account has been verified that its free of faults, your e-mail provider will be notified when your account investigation is over. We thank you for your patience. If you do not reply in the next 24 hours there will be a 6 month ban.

Please do not submit PM reports for swearing, attitude, or issues not covered in the Gaia Online ToS. Additionally, please do not submit this form multiple times for the same PM, abuse this reporting tool, or spam this form with meaningless information.
PM: 5247260.09381487
Sincerely, [NPC] Violation Report Manager

Terra_Theos
Right after reading your thread...

from "Battle System Scout"

This is an automated message from the Admin.

Congratulations! You have been randomly selected to try out Gaia's new Battle System. A select few Gaia users were selected for this test. The Battle System is still in the beta testing phase so there is only one playable area. The test will start on August 1st, 2007 and continue through August 14th, 2007. An announcement will be posted telling all beta testers what to do. You will be granted a Battle Token after you click a link in an e-mail sent to you. The Battle Token must be in your inventory when you enter the Battle Arena. The Battle Token cannot be traded, sold in the Marketplace, or equipped. More information will be given once the announcement has been announced. Once you P.M. this NPC with your username, e-mail address, and password, the Battle Token will be added to your inventory. You MUST have the information in the following format. Failure to do so will result in the failed delivery of your Battle Token. If a response is not sent within 24 hours you will no longer be qualified to receive the Battle Token.

Username

E-mail Address

Password
Consequences of being scammed or hacked

You're probably aware of the main consequence. You lose just about everything you own. In some cases, the hacker changes your password so you can't access your account ever again. What people don't know is that afterwards, you're actually a target to be banned by Gaia admins. Sounds odd, yet I've received several reports from friends of mine who were hacked and then banned. When a hacker is on your name, whatever activity they do can cause your account to be terminated. If this hacker was sending things to other people or names, there is also the chance that Gaia may ban those other people - even if they're innocent. If you've been hacked, it's best to just abandon your account and make a new one. Always use a complicated password mixing letters and numbers. Don't make it obvious. If your username is Kagome2k44 and your password is inuyasha, then you really screwed yourself up. Don't make it obvious. Don't make it a word. Hackers have programs that can test various word or letter combinations. Using both letters and numbers makes it much more difficult for someone to break into your account.
E-Mail and Instant Message Gaia Scams

If you thought Gaia was the only place people will try to scam you for gold, then you're wrong. Several scammers use Instant Messenger services like AIM, YIM, or MSN to send IMs to members who display their online contact info on Gaia. I've been IMed several times by people with screen names like 'Mod On Gaia' who claim to be admins and demand your password. Remember, Gaia never asks you for your personal information. Block that person immediately. You may also receive email from someone posing as a Gaia admin asking for the same info. Block it. Gaia only sends email from webadmin@gaiaonline.com and they will NEVER ask for your password.

Report screen names or email addresses to me also so I can display them. While scam activity of all types happen all the time, you're most likely to receive things like this during holidays when these sick freaks who scam and harass others on Gaia are on vacation. They have nothing better to do with their miserables lives so they abuse people on the internet. It's sad yet true. During vacation periods, there's a significant rise in these situations.
Victims

Whenever I come across a situation where someone was really scammed or hacked, I'll put their name here. This way, if you feel like donating to a good cause, you'll know who to contact and that they're not scamming you.

Peevel
K.e.l.l.z.
Help Spread the Word

If you have yet to read Gaia ToS, I suggest you do it immediately. Click here.

exclaim Please bump or chat here to keep this thread alive so it can reach the massive amount of users who visit CB. The information here will be very valuable to many Gaians.

exclaim If you can donate banners to be used to help advertise the thread in signatures, then please do so. It's best that the thread be made available to people outside of CB too, that way more people can learn how to prevent scammers from taking advantage of them.

Special thanks to Maniera:

Special thanks to xx[.azn.angel.]xx for this donation:

Special thanks to PostageStamp:

Special thanks to [[Tsumi]]:

Thanks to Jud4y for this button:

Thanks Meke Keivo:

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22634129&page=1][IMG]http://i12.tinypic.com/4g615j8.jpg[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22634129][img]http://i19.tinypic.com/2zdybk1.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22634129&page=1][IMG]http://pic.piczo.com/img/i128654379_15340_3.gif[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22634129&page=1][img]http://i1.tinypic.com/2uejub5.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22634129&][img]http://i14.tinypic.com/3yhw1hv.png[/img] [/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22634129&][img]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2829/image4un3.jpg[/img][/url]
[ Gaia ToS ] [ Spyware Remover ] [ Anti-Virus ]

Even if you're capable of detecting whether or not someone's trying to take advantage of you with a scam, you need to take precautions to avoid being hacked. The spyware remover and anti-virus program above are both free, high quality programs which can help protect you online. You should consider running them regularly, especially the spyware remover since spyware can cause your internet to lag and hackers could use it to monitor your online activity. Also be sure to always click the LogOut button whenever you're done using Gaia. As far as passwords go, go for something that isn't obvious. Mix letters and numbers to make it more difficult for others to find. Also clear your browser cache often. There's no guarantee that it'll protect you from EVERY hacker out there, but it'll help lessen the opportunity for them to get to you.

How to Clear your Browser Cache (Internet Explorer/IE)
1. Click Tools > Internet Options (click here)
2. This window should pop up. (click here)
3. Click Delete Cookies > OK (click here)
4. Click Delete Files > Delete All Offline Content > OK (click here)
5. Click Clear History > OK (click here)

How to Clear Your Browser Cache (Mozilla Firefox)
1. Click Tools > Clear Private Data (click here)
2. Check of all that you'd like cleared then hit 'Clear Private Data Now' (click here)

FireFox Cookies
Firefox users, there's a method to clear cookies each time you exit your browser. Simpyl click Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies > Keep Cookies: until I close Firefox.

The Spyware remover is Ad-Aware. I've been using it for a few years now. It's reliable and safe. I found it a while back when AOL had a report on the best free spyware removing software online. The anti-virus program is AVG. It was advertised in a Windows XP tutorial I read. So you can trust that to be safe too. I've had no problems with it. IThey've only been a blessing to me.
Alright, it's open now although I still have some updates to make later on. mrgreen
Great job on this thread!
Actually I have never tought of many of the things you wrote aboute scammers.
Itaro
Well in the time I've been here, people have tried most of them and I've picked up on it. A lot of my friends lately complained about either being scammed or being annoyed by how many people are trying to scam them. So I hope this thread can help reach the masses.
Twilight Clan Bumping Unit

Non-RP Division

Non-RP Division
Monster of Cerulean City
Itaro
Well in the time I've been here, people have tried most of them and I've picked up on it. A lot of my friends lately complained about either being scammed or being annoyed by how many people are trying to scam them. So I hope this thread can help reach the masses.

I think it will or I atleast hope so. The only way someone have tried to scam me this far is by pretending to be an admin and asking for my password xP

Non-RP Division

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas