Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is the Journal for the Edelsteine Gianfar, the Seat of Knowledge. Please do not post unless you have the expressed permission of XiaoRen.

User Image

Shy Codger

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Xiao's Haunts

Edelfriend's Threads

Shy Codger

The Host

Name: XiaoRen

The Jewel

Name: Gianfar

Shy Codger

Portraits of Knowledge
official, by Ivy
User Image

by Prox
User Image

ZOMG pressie from Oura! She is teh sex!
It's Gianfar and Revei.
User Image

Shy Codger

Worldy Possessions

User Image
User Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

Shy Codger

Plushies!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

Shy Codger

The University

Shy Codger

University Enrollment

User Image

Shy Codger

Xiao gets his Edelstein

Shy Codger

Xiao and Gianfar

Shy Codger

Shy Codger

Lucius and Gianfar Meet

Ivynian
Lucius- *pokes the thin ribs of his compatriot through the tatty robes* "I don't believe I've met you before."

XiaoRen
*Gianfar fixes his glasses and smiles shyly, then holds out a hand in formal greeting* "I am called Gianfar." *he does not look overtly at Lucius's bright plumage, but blushes some from admiration.* "Though some say they give others power over us, I entrust any who ask with my name, for I believe knowledge outweighs plays of power in the end. What you would tell me of yourself I leave to you." *His eyes, despite his words, have a glint of curiosity not hidden by lenses.*

Ivynian
Lucius took, turned, and kissed the palm of Gianfar's extended hand. Straightening, "I am called Lucius now, though I think I have had many names. I cannot remember being contained as I am now...in this form. Then again, My memory is still a little hazy regarding most things." He found his sharp hip with his hand, "...this is all very strange. Such things....on your brow...what are they?"

XiaoRen
To even allow himself to be touched as far as a handshake was stepping out for Gianfar. The brush of chivalrous lips against his skin made his feathers stand on end.

He answered automatically, but with a tremor to his tone. "They are...bifocals...a second inorganic set of lenses to improve sight." He did not mention his were only flat glass and his eyesight was perfect without them; he wore them because they made him look a bit older and more respectable.

He was now torn between looking down and away to hide his blush, and leaning forward with fascination at the creature before him. If Lucius had had many names, he was powerful indeed...or perhaps just confused.

Ivynian
"To improve sight? Your's is impeded then?" He moved closer, dropping his hand from his hip to examine either side of the other's face. "Peculiar. You are garbed as well. Is this common where you come from? What purpose does it serve?"

XiaoRen
"It is...was common among my people to clothe themselves. My form is only a modest one, and there is no reason to display it."

Lucius's starry skin and incandescent feathers were all bare. They reminded Gianfar of his home, the seat of the Stars on the shores of the Eridanus. Lucius, for his part, would find the burning cheek to be soft as Ibis down, and the wayward silver hair would smell of dust and parchment.

Gianfar sighed. "You catch me in a paradox of shame and vanity. My eyesight has no imperfection. I just find the bifocals make me look..." more scholarly? older? more dignified? He could not bring himself to say any of them, they sounded so frivious when brought to light.

Ivynian
Hissing in his breath, and pulling his hand like he'd touched burning ice, Lucius' eyes widened. So soft
"Modesty?" He closed his eyes and ran his index finger down the tip of Gianfar's nose. Then shivered. "You have no need of that. Minimalism in palette isn't unattractive. Particularly in comparison this hidden secret I have found, you are not plain."
Lucius looked about, and finding a velvet upholstered chaise, sat and offered the other side, "Please...You seem mournful. Have I done something?"

XiaoRen
<i>"secret"...of what could Lucius be speaking? Well, at least he had saved him finishing his sentence.</i>

"You flatter, not offend. I am unused to such." He sat in the proffered place. "Do you have any things at all, or no use for such?" He asked, both with genuine interest and to change the subject from his appearance. "I have a large book of notes I kept over the ages of my previous life, when I was hailed as the protector of knowledge. I also have a delightful coffee mug Ivynian bought me at one of these strange little shops. Have you tried coffee? It is very good."

Ivynian
"I....have no objects as of yet. Should I get some? I have many here-" he reached his hand into his stomach, extracting what became a glimmering pinpoint, a star the size of a marble and swirling. The blackness, space-like, of his middle simply shimmered and reshaped itself as a body should be. "But they are not 'things' like your cloth or glasses or...coffee? No, I have not had that. Eating....a-and drinking? That is what such things are. Beings do that, correct?"

Shy Codger

Perri and Gianfar Meet

XiaoRen
Gianfar notes the newcomer to the shop, a female mortal who seemed very excited over the possibility of owning a gem. He gestures her over to sit near him and Lucius.

"There," he says to Lucius, "She wears bifocals as well."

Considering her scholarly air, he wonders if she needs them, or if hers too are for show. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he realizes he knows her name, has seen her somewhere else...but he was someone else then. It confuses him, a feeling he does not like. With a scowl aimed at no one in particular he says to her, "Perri...yes?"

Perri Indiya
Perri's head turned at her name and she smiled at the winged boy. "Yes, that's my name. Do I know you?" She looked at him, a little confused. He seemed to remind her of someone, though she couldn't place who.

XiaoRen
Gianfar starts to answer Perri's question, but then is distracted by Draconayzia's hosing of the doorstep. Hey...no fair. Now how are people going to know this is my territory. He shakes his head to clear it. What was that? Why did I think that? What territory?

"I...I am sorry. I was distracted for some reason. I feel that I have met you, but I honestly cannot remember when, or why we would have met. Have you ever been to the Eridanus, the heavenly river? That is where I come from...or came from."

Perri Indiya
Perri blinked at him. "You're from where?" She shook her head. "Nope, I've never been anywhere near any, um, heavenly rivers." She looks quizzical for a moment and then grins. "But it's nice to meet you anyway."

Shy Codger

Lucius gets Enlightened

User Image Gianfar walks into the shop after a long absence, looking weary.

"Forgive me everyone for not being around. I don't recall going anywhere. I just...wasn't, for a while. When I woke I was in some ridiculous black clothing and at a...what was it called...rave? Not pleasant at all. This shop is blessed haven compared to the outside world. I would like to talk to Harmodius about the dangers that may present themselves if the personalities of host and diety are conflicting."

He goes to make himself a cup of coffee at the shop stove.

User Image
::sneaks around the corner from the lounge, keeping stars in low light::

User Image Gianfar keeps obliviously brewing coffee. His staff, recently recovered, is leaning against the corner of the cabinets, a knobby length of grey ash wood taller than he, worn thin and smooth where he holds it.

User Image
::slowly crawls on the soft pads of his hands and feet over behind the scholar. Then raises to a crouch, gathering the edge of the grey robes in the tips of both fingers. Standing suddenly, he raises his hands above his head while gripping the hem::
"Ha!........No......no feathers that I see.."

User Image
A piercing shriek and the clang of a flying coffee pot reverberate through the shop. Coffee grounds and grey feathers shower the floor. Gianfar stands trembling, eyes wide and pupils contracted, hands fisted at sides. It takes him a moment to even absorb what has just been done to him. His cheeks slowly lose their grey pallor and flush full pink. Then, with a deliberate motion, he pushes his glasses up his nose and whirls to face Lucius.

"I *beg* your pardon!"

His hand goes for his staff.

User Image
"Just finding an answer to a lady's question, mi'lord knowledge. You wouldn't want someone to be in the dark about some little tidbit of knowing, would you?" Lucius smiles jumping and lofting with his wings some to put some staff-avoiding distance between them.

User Image
Gianfar looks grim.

"This is what I used to call my 'Staff of Student Enlightenment'. If it is knowledge that you seek, then you should perhaps fly lower. I had long suspected the Universe had a prankster's spirit. But never before had I a chance to retaliate."

Lines of electricity flow from his right hand and jump along the staff, then arc up to Lucius for a single, nasty zap. Gianfar's hair and wings are both fluffed with static and discomfit.

User Image
Lucius' wings stop at the shock and he falls to the floor with a yelp, then locks his jaw while getting a bearing again. He looks up, pulling one edge of his mouth straight, "That was a little over the top. I did nothing to *hurt* you."
Lucius stands and brushes his tail feathers off, "I'll get the broom and dustpan."

User Image Gianfar would allow himself some moments to compose, but his wrath would seem entirely spent. Still disheveled and blushing, but no longer sparking, he would set his staff back against the cabinets and retreive the coffee pot and singlemindedly put it back on the stove. After he had brewed and consumed a large cup, he would say.

"I tend to be nasty before I have had a cup of coffee. Its a character flaw I never could kick. My students always dreaded early morning conferences."

He pauses, then says after a long shuddering sigh, "That was harsh of me. I have had a harrowing day and came here seeking haven, and I overreacted. Your prank was not ill-meant. Will you forgive me?"

Shy Codger

User Image
Lucius found the cleaning closet and remedied the mess while the other nursed his cup. After finishing, he replaced the utensils and claimed the cushy stool behind the counter, staring at the door which led to Harmodius' quarters.
Gianfar was speaking.
"I don't see what you need the forgiveness of a prankster for. ANd I apologize for my prank, but I was not lying in that one of the ladies asked if you had a tail, and I had no answer for her except to check. I'll just remember to leave you alone for your first comings."

User Image "I suppose receiving an apology from the Universe is also more than most people ever get."

Gianfar's cheeks would settle to a faint peach rouge over the top of his nose and fine cheekbones.

"The ladies wished to know if I had a tail? I am surprised they would think of it, with yours and Byrne's bright plumage to distract them."

It would not be said with any malice, but true puzzlement.

"I honestly don't know how you two go about unrobed with not a care of it."

User Image
"Not everyone's attracted to bright flashy sequines and colors and bells and whistles. Why else would there be things called 'minimalist'. "
Lucius looks over an arm, "I think a couple stars shorted out on that blast. I guess it evens out for the gases that just coalesced in to new ones from the kinetic energy."

User Image Gianfar's attention would be directed to the cosmic shifting that seemed to swim just beneath Lucius's skin. He had the sense so strongly that if he put his hand out, it would just sink into cold space among stars, like God's finger reaching for an unmade Adam - that he did put out his hand. His fingers came to rest on skin just between Lucius's wings, and he startled mildly at the touch he had just instigated.

"I was a star once. Did you know that? It was how I got my start. Are these truly stars, or just their memory?"

User Image
Lucius looked over a wing at the touch. "Real? Well, I don't really know. They should be, but since I'm so new, weak like any of those newly shaped gases, I can't really say. Maybe they are just memories, or maybe they're just really faint projections or connections to true stars. No, I didn't know you were a star. You'll have to forgive me if my memory is vague on some things. I'm not strong like Harmodius. "

User Image "That is a truth." Gianfar said in response to the last statement about Harmodius. "Tell me...do you ever have any conflict with Ivynian?"

If the stars that whirled in grand, deliberate patterns beneath his fingers were real, then he had been there once. An odd thought. He searched the contained heavens for stars he knew or remembered, but saw none. It must have been a very long time indeed that he had slept, if all the stars from his time had passed away. Or perhaps these were stars not yet born, and his musings were just the morbidity of an old man.

User Image
"Less now then ever before. On occassion I'll have urges for hobbies I know nothing about. Mechanical contraptions. But not much anymore, not at this stage. Are you having troubles still? Most of the dominance troubles should be over for you now."

User Image "XiaoRen has a strong will and personality, and things he has absolute fixations about doing, some of which would shame me to mention. I am not always myself. I suppose he feels the same way. But the differences between us cause terrible disorientation when I 'wake' from being him, and doing whatever he was doing."

like lying on top of Ivynian's dirty laundry chewing some disgusting twig

User Image Gianfar had looked to Lucius for further answer, but at that moment the door opened and a sweet, fox eared girl entered. She reminded him of the Vulpix, a race of fox people he had known in his own land. He doubted there were any Vulpix here though, just people of similar appearance who in fact stemmed from a seemingly wide variety of backgrounds. He wondered what this girl's was. She had one of the bound diety stones embedded in her, but seemed early in the transformation.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff