Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do I stand a chance?

Yeah! Go KG! 0.64179104477612 64.2% [ 86 ]
No. Just no. 0.08955223880597 9.0% [ 12 ]
I deserve to fulfill this quest so much more than you. 0.074626865671642 7.5% [ 10 ]
Pollwhore. 0.19402985074627 19.4% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 134 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 60 61 62 > >>

Big Genius

Big Genius

User Image

Welcome to KanadajinGaijin's Amazing Fish Quest Thread!

I am your lovely host, KG! In this thread, you will see presented, for your viewing pleasure, one of the most obscenely ridiculous quests ever presented on Gaia!

Before we get started, I'd like to ask the studio audience to follow a few simple rules, to keep the story civil.

1. Please, please, please obey the ToS. I like reporting people, but I'll be busy fishing and don't want to have to check on this thread all the time to make sure people are playing nice.

2. Please, no flaming. Don't be mean to people, even if they're mean people. Leave them to me and the admins to deal with. I'll do my best, and I'm sure the admins will too.

3. Please, don't just say 'bump'. I appreciate the effort, but if you're going so far as to come to my page, type a comment, and submit it, the least you could do is type: "Good luck," or "I hope you get this done before tomorrow," or "I really think NATO has been obsolete since the end of the Cold War." It's just polite.

4. After a few mishaps, I should perhaps mention that I am not accepting fish, since I'm trying to prove my fishing merit to Logan. I do happily accept bait, money for bait, company, love, and a time machine so I can go back and fish for a couple more years.

5. Please, randomly comment my profile. It makes me feel happy, and fuzzy inside. In a really cool, consensually non-romantic way.

Also, please note that the following people, in all their angelic glory and grace, have offered to help me keep an eye on my thread, just in case my ever-watchful gaze falters once in a while. If you trash-talk these people, who are gloriously kind and generous, not only do you have a lot of bad karma coming your way, but I'll do my best to see you miserable in Gaia as much as I can.

White List:
patcher2girl
Kabetz
YayGoBabyCakes
Rannchan

I suppose, since I have a white list, I ought to have a black list:
Black List:

And without further ado, please take a gander downwards to...

Big Genius

~Contest info here soon!~

Big Genius

User Image

Welcome, Ladies and Gentlemen, to the exposition of our protagonist's tale! With nothing more than a distance plus rod, his wits, and a fetish for words containing more than three syllables, our hero KanadajinGaijin has set out to perform a deed hitherto unheard of in Gaian fishing history!

Once upon a day, KG was speaking to Logan, the lonely fisherman near Bass'Ken, and Logan told him of the wondrous things he could create. KG, awed by Logan's fishing prowess, asked to be apprenticed, and was told by Logan: "Ey, are you looking at my rod? Well, are ya?"

Undeterred by Logan's lack of responsiveness and apparent perversity, KG decided there was only one way to impress upon Logan his fervour for fishing: He would set out to catch as many fish as he could, and once he had obtained a veritable zoo's worth of fish, present them to Logan. He was certain that once presented with such a bounty, Logan would have little choice but to teach KG his ways. It made perfectly dramatic sense.

So our hero set out, on Saturday, Dec. 16 of 2006 to catch enough of every fish in Gaia to create every exchange item, regardless of personal health or time sunk into fishing!

Browsing the forums for tips, our intrepid adventurer sets his sights upon his first target: Bass'Ken.

Big Genius

User Image

This is our hero's diary of his exploits in Bass'Ken Lake.

Sat. Dec 16 - So, I need to figure out how many of each fish I'll need here in Bass'Ken. According to a winged one's exchange guide, I'll need...

-100 of each fish, for the hats.
-50 more of each guppy, for the three-eyed guppy headpieces.
-10 of each Striper
-10 of each Bass
-and 25 of each guppy, for the fish eat fish headpiece.
-25 of each Striper, for the eyes
-10 of each Guppy, and 10 of each Bass, for the upgrade exchanges.
-25 of ANY bass for the gills.
-10 Guppas, Candy Stripers, and Bass'terds for the helms.

For a grand total of:
-100+50+25+10 = 185 of each Guppy
-100+10+10 = 120 of each Bass
-100+10+25 = 135 of each Striper
-25 Extra Bass
-10 of each rare fish

As I fish more to catch my final Stripers, I'll find out if parallel exchange units exist for the new fish, since I haven't seen a guide about them posted yet.

As of June 1, 2013, 7:21 GST.
RG - 569 tab BGold - 41
OG - 568 tab OGold - 37
YG - 532 tab YGold - 42
BlB - 248 tab OK - 10
BrB - 256 tab KK - 11
GB - 241 tab YK - 10
GrnS - 93 tab WC - 4
BluS - 97 tab RC - 5
GryS - 100 tab TC - 2

Saturday, June 1, 2013:
Back to updating my fishing totals. The game has changed a bit since the last time I was around, but I still plan on working on my fishing quest.

Monday, January 22:
It appears there's a growing interest in my quest. I've decided to stick with a single room for my quest. From now on, whenever I'm able, I'll fish in Bass'Ken, Demonic, KG's Fishing Quest. This way, anyone who wants to wish me luck in person can drop by, and see if I'm in. : D

Friday, July 9, 2010:
Things have changed a lot. I'll be easy to find, since I just logged in and saw four whole rooms for fishing. XD Oh, fishermen, how you have fallen. Anyways! I'll be in and around, and I'll always make a room rather than join one, so feel free to come see me! : D

Big Genius

User Image

Here are the wonderful awesome people who have donated to help our prolifically pompous protagonist!

Klepto the Greatest - 25 A Bait, 20K! heart heart <3
ox love u xo - 1 A Bait, 1 D Bait.
patcher2girl - White DVD Player and an unspecified amount of bait. heart
~The Purple Pumpkin~ - 1 F Bait
kitty shoes - Alien Mask
Kabetz - 29 A Bait, 7 D Bait. heart
YayGoBabyCakes - 4 A Bait, 6 D Bait
LEOMAN76 - 2 A Bait, 2 D Bait, 15 F Bait
Haru_rave_master - 5 D Bait, 7 F Bait
rje you bastards! - 8 F Bait
Kumo for buying guppies! 3nodding 98 red, 117 orange, and 126 yellow.
vgupta for buying guppies! 3nodding 290 red, 296 orange, 277 yellow.
imahiphoprabbit for buying bass! 3nodding 10 brown, 52 blue, 47 green.

If I forgot you, please let me know, I'm sorry! ninja

And here are some affiliates of KG's Amazing Fish Quest!

Iram's Iram's F' Off!
User Image

User Image
Other links!
Currently empty.

A whole lot of these threads were from 2007, so six years down the road, I feel comfortable erasing them. If you have a thread you'd like to put up here, let me know! biggrin

Big Genius

User Image

Our protagonist, over the course of his adventures, is catching plenty of trash. He will not let a single fish flit past him, since any one may be an Emeraldback or a Bass'Terd. Therefore, here, near the footnote of our hero's Herculean effort to make Gaian history happen, we will keep track of the refuse amounted in his quest. Who knows, maybe he'll get enough for the non-fish exchange items!
Cans - 426
Boots - 382
Tires - 379
Driftwood - 22

Big Genius

User Image

-Ey Bub, ya like fishing eh? Spare the rod spoil the fish, right?
When yer all done, don't forget to visit the exchange desk at my shop to see what I kin offer ya for ya catch.

-Ey, you again. You must really like this lake, eh? Ey, but didcha know that there are two other lakes to fish in? You can find them on the world map.

-So, ya think you know a think or two about fishing, eh?
Well, ya might wanna join the fishing discussion when they stop bite'n. Ya just might learn some new tricks there.

-Remember dat better bait used at th' right time kin up yer chances of gettin' rare fish. Trust me. I'm the master baiter.

-G-Team assemble!
Eh, never mind.

-Ya ever wonder if there are other lakes out there?

-I dated a mermaid once. I took her out to sushi, but she never called me back.

-I'm the best at what I do, and what I do is...
FISHING!!!

-Fish ain't stupid. Seen em swim for the middle of th' lake then th' fishers come out. I think they learn that in... school. What? Ya never heard of a school o' fish?

-I got this silver platter I bring out and fill with grubbin' sushi at parties. However, I've never washed it. Let me tell ya, my sushi server STINKS!

-Some b*****d keeps throwing cans into the lakes! When I catch 'em I promise I won't be throwing 'em back.

-Ey, once I caught a fish as big as Leon... Well, maybe not THAT big.

-Never bite a fish before its been scaled.

-Have you ever done the fish dance? You put your left foot forward, then your right foot back, then you drop 3 guppies down your waiters.

-Drunken sailors always be swearing n brag'n 'bout enormous ocean catches! Ha! I tell ya - I really dinna like the taste of dem salty sea men.

-In th' mornin' I always grab my wooden rod!

-Don't like the smell? Get off the pier.

-Ey, are you looking at my rod? Well, are ya?

-Ey, fishing is addicting eh? Try not to get hooked.

------------------------------------------------------

-Heya, bub. Welcome to me fishin store. If ya wants ta go fishin, I recommend ya git a rod and some bait!

-For ya beginners, I'd suggest a Basic Rod. They're cheap and gits the job done.

-The more ya fish, the less fish there are. So I'd suggest either giving mother nature some time ta recuperate or git some fancy bait ta lure out the remaining fish.

-Yes, my rod is THAT big. I put a lot of money into upgrading it. You should upgrade yer rod too. It will make yer life much easier.

-Pay attention to each fish if you want to be the best.

-Pay attention ta the time of day. Different fish come out at different times of the day while others are sleeping.

-No no, my hair is naturally this cool.

-Exchange for junk?! Haha... ya better have a HEAP LOAD a junk if ye want me ta give ya somethin' in exchange fer that worthless garbage!

-A true fisherman knows when to pull and when to release.

-Some folks say that there are some ancient fish in these lakes around Gaia. Truly rare I'd say.

-If you catch fish in bulk, bring em ta me. Perhaps we can trade for some cool stuff I have in the back.

Big Genius

User Image

So far I have one (1) Emeraldback Lion that I caught myself. Still waiting on all the others. Offers and advice welcome.

Big Genius

User Image

The fish must be obtained by our hero and our hero alone, so fish will not be accepted, except for rares. However, I will accept donations of gold, bait, or items to be sold for bait etc.
Failing that, wish me good luck in a post, and thumbs up me!
Also, I'd love to have more affiliates! Affiliation is fun! So, link me! And I'll do the same!
Also, catching 10 of each rare could take me a long time. As in a lifetime. Or two. So if you have an offer on a rare fish, please send it to me, or refer your friends with rares, even though I probably can't afford them. I offer hugs and love as a last recourse, though. razz
Of course, anything except fish is happily welcomed.

It's also well known that fish are attracted to warm, comfortable beings, so hugs are as nearly as valuable to me as money. Send the LOVE!

It should be noted that I sold all my fish *except* my Emeraldback before this quest began. That means I have a 1 fish headstart on one of the items. But I figure you'll forgive me, it's an Emeraldback.

In addition, if you'd like to link my thread in yours, I'd be happy to do the same, under Affiliates.

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/2dvaj9]
[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o289/Denraen/Fishing Quest v2/KGQuestBanner.jpg[/IMG][/url]
Ownage Of First Post!! xd

Big Genius

Ee! People already coming! Although it looks like I didn't catch the whole first page. Close counts. Also, I've decided not to bump my own thread. It's rude. So please, come one, come all, and help me out!

Also, I've decided that this post will be home to my fishing images from now on. I'll post the most recent one, and my favourite of the day, and links to the others. ^_^

Right now, my favourite, and most recent strip, is rje you bastards!' comic of us fishing. ^_^

User Image

Beloved Werewolf

12,875 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
free bump ^^
Good luck on your quest.
Ooooh, good luck, Good Luck! I'm sure you'll do it in no time heart
Atleast the part without rare fish sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit