1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 509 510 511 > >> >>> »|

5,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100

OMG! FIRN HAS A...PANDA HAT?!

User Image

Hello and welcome to my quest-thread!

User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Since I've joined Gaia in April 2004 there weren't many items I really wished to have: Because of my strong obsession for pandas I've always wished to get the Panda hat but gave up on that dream really soon since it's seemed too expensive for me.
So I started a quest for a different almost as lovely item on Gaia: The Bunny Slippers. I started my Bunny Slippers Quest on December 18th, 2004 and completed it succesfully on March 28th, 2006.
But the Panda Hat is haunting me each time I go to the exchange forum and I get more and more obsessed with it, so I decided to finally quest for my No. 1 item on Gaia:
THE PANDA HAT! User Image
User Image

ITEM INFO:
User Image Not available in stores
User Image Gender: Any
User Image Description: The panda's black and white fur expresses the traditional Chinese philosophy of dualism that holds that opposites may coexist in perfect harmony. This concept is called yin-yang and has deep implications in Chinese art, science, and philosophy. The panda is a living example of yin-yang.
User Image Date first appeared on Gaia: 2003-07-29
User Image Price: around 90,000,000 - 100,000,000 gold

I am not trying to get donations in the first place, this is rather a palce to make my quest a bit more official and keep track of my progress!
I try to earn the gold for the panda hat by doing art in my art shop, for commissions and art contests, so if you see any interesting art contests, just let me know! I am also running art auctions and a pet shop calles Kingdom Of Knuffel!

Here is the link to my art shop:
User Image

And here the one to my petshop:
User Image

Thank you everyone for helping, most of all for staying with me and supporting me! I just seem to need a place on Gaia I can call my "home" and this is what my last quest thread was to me and this one might possibly become.
Thank you! User Image

yours Firn
User Image
User Image

5,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
User Image

User Image

- Bunny Slippers
- MIni Angel Wings
- Angelic Sash             
- OMG
- AFK
- DECEMBER 2003
- 3 million gold

5,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
User Image

User ImageThis time I won't keep track of a list of my donaters, because I actually don't want any donations (I still feel guilty for some real high donations I got last time). Especially with all the stories I get to hear about people recieving botted gold without knowing and being banned for it, I think it would be too risky to accept any hight donations anyway.
I also don't need anyone to bump this, because there is no need for this to be on the first page... this is rather going to be my "silent quest".
I still welcome anyone to come here and hang out with me.
Anyone who buys art or pets from me is of great help. User Image
The only donations that I will thankfully accept are donation send together with payment for my art.

I also feel the need to say THANK YOU to all the people who still tried to donate to me - probably they didn't read this, but still decided to donate. Though I couldn't accept your donations I still appreaciate that you wanted to help.

User Image Thank you
User Image

5,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
User Image

User Image 2006-08-31 - Created Panda Hat Quest thread. Starting with 26,487,000g / 50,000,000g.
User Image 2006-09-18 - Sold most of my store items and finished a lot of commissions. 30,317,000g / 50,000,000g
User Image 2006-09-26 - I've added some event items to my fund list (only the ones worth more than 10K though) and updated the prices. My funds now are 30,469,000 gold / 50,000,000 gold
User Image 2006-09-30- I won 3 Coco Kitties and a February '06 Letter in the Curiosity killed the kitten Art Contest. My funds are 30,727,000 gold / 50,000,000 gold now.
User Image 2006-10-01 - New funds are 31,246,000 gold / 50,000,000 gold after summing up the values of my funds over again. Appearently I can't do math.
User Image 2006-10-30 - Some more art commissions and my new Pet Shop Kingdow of Knuffel helped me to earn more gold. My funds are now 32,000,000 gold / 50,000,000 gold.
User Image 2006-11-13 - My Kingdom Of Knuffel pet shop has been going really well and I've also made 3rd place in faerierain's part of the Faeries n Fragons Art Contest. New funds are 33,015,000 gold / 50,000,000 gold.
User Image 2006-11-16 - It was time for a fund value check again because prices have changed a bit during the past 2 months. The result is 33,740,000 gold / 50,000,000 gold
User Image 2006-11-16 - OMG! I finally finished the art for my last Rikashitsu Art Auction and recieved the great payment which was an AFK and some '04 and '05 letters, my new funds are 36,520,000 gold / 50,000,000 gold! I am getting closer!
User Image 2006-11-29 - Yay! 37,005,000 gold / 50,000,000 gold. I love my Kingdom Of Knuffel shop. It's really flourishing. The actually idea was to earn a few extra gold, but now I am earning most of my gold just from this shop. I am also waiting very excitedly for some art contest results.
User Image 2006-11-29 - I am so happy! I won Grand Overall Prize in CuterThanYou's Strawberry Love Art Contest! It is an Angelic Scarf! New funds are 38,615,000 gold / 50,000,000 gold! Yeah, that helped a lot!
User Image 2006-12-09 - New funds are 39,020,000 gold / 50,000,000 gold.
User Image 2006-12-10 - I won Fuzzy Penguin Slippers in Sirenz's Art contest and updated my item values. 39,865,000 gold / 50,000,000 gold.
User Image 2006-12-15 - Reached 40 million today!
User Image 2007-01-02 - Happy new year everyone! Nice start into the new year for my quest, reached the next million: 41,055,000 gold / 50,000,000 gold
User Image 2007-01-21 - Sold some more art, Knuffels and exchanged some items + valued all my fund items new. I now have funds worth 48,605,000 gold which would almost actually complete my quest. Unfortunatelly the panda hat seems to sell for a bit more now, it's hard to say because the last one tektek shows from the marketplace is from September 2006. Therefore my quest might be 95% completed, but also just 50 or 60%. I have to keep an eye on the exchange to find out what they are selling for now.
User Image 2007-01-21 - Looks like it's something around 65 million now... feels like I have to start over again. 48,710,000 gold/65,000,000 gold.
User Image 2007-02-04 - The panda hat was 45 million when I started this thread, now it's 90 million. Feels like I have to start all over again. Don't think I'll stand another 3 (!) years of questing and working my a** off for gold and items. I will think about whether to go on or give up for the next couple of days. It seems so useless now.
User Image 2007-02-04 - Decided to go on. -=chaos-raver=-, who just got his panda hat (congrats! heart ) was so nice to value my 03 items new. My funds are now 62,710,000 gold / 95,000,000 gold. He also thinks the panda hat will drop in value again. We'll see. Thanks for everyone encouraging me!
User Image 2007-02-23 - Finished the art for my Winter Art Auction here and recieved the payment for it: 250K, March'o4, Jan'o4, Dec'o6, Feb'o7 letter. Thank you Viole for bidding and winning in my auction. 65,165,000 gold / 95,000,000 gold.
User Image 2007-03-03 - I exchanged a lot of my small letters for 2 04 letters and an angelic staff here. I hope it was the right choice. The panda hat seems to sell for 03 slippers + Mini Wings + DJs or Headphones now. Long way to go. Funds are 65,670,000 / 95,000,000 gold.
User Image 2007-03-07 - I was commissioned by Captain Livera to make art of her night elf. Today I finbished the art and recieved the generous payment of 1 August 2004, 1 July 2004, and 4 October 2004 letters! Funds: 67,935,000 gold / 95,000,000 gold.
User Image 2007-03-09 - Reached 68 million today! Still a long way to go.
User Image 2007-03-15 - Some really really wonderful people started an charity art auction for me. I got a January 04, October 04 and August 04 from it. Thank you RaiRai, thank you tealove, thank you neoAyumui, thank you Pirate Dirge, thank you whiskey sour, thank you Sea-Salt Ice Cream, thank you Sanoshi, thank you Momoka, thank you Violet_Dusk, thank you carcer, thank you ZefieSprite, thank you -Elie-, thank you aniima, thank you SammiChan, thank you sweetly_25, thank you tuna-chan. Thank you all so so so much. 69,385,000 / 95,000,000 gold
User Image 2007-03-28 - My petshop Kingdom Of Knuffel made it into the "Top 5 Rated Topics" on Gaia this week. Thanks to this I was able to reach the 70 million mark sooner than expected. Funds are 70,015,000 gold now.
User Image 2007-04-01 - I can't believe the last quest history update was just 4 days ago, because I made another million. Funds are 71,040,000 gold now.
User Image 2007-04-15 - Reached 75 million today. Yay! I want to upgrade some of my items and pure to get a Devil Tail for the funds, but haven't had any luck with it yet.
User Image 2007-04-22 - I've made a few additional millions in the past days and thought I'll just try it. My Panda Hat buying thread is HERE! I don't believe it will be successful, but it's worth a try.

5,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Nickname: Firn (the Panda)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Real name: Monika
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Location: Germany (GMT + 1 Hour!)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Birthday: 1983-06-08
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Interests: Japan, music, Plastic Tree, manga, anime, friends, reading, drawing, animals, pandas
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.favourite animals: Pandas (obsession), bunnies, wolves
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.favourite colors: green, brown, light pink

My username "Firn" actually comes from "Firnelfe" which means "snowelf", but even most Germans know the meaning of the word "Firn"...even though it's German. My real name is Monika and I live in Germany in a beautiful town called Heidelberg. I go to university there and my 2 main subjects are Japanese Science and East Asian Art History. It is mostly learning the Japanses language that keeps me so busy that I don't have much time for my hobbies which are reading (I prefere fantasy), drawings (I like to make art for other gaians), listening to music (well, actually I can do that while studying), hanging around with my beloved ones, playing with my 2 bunnies Puck and Pluto or making photos. Of course one of my hobbies is also hanging around on Gaia. I really like my Gaian friends and wish I could chat with them more often...that's why I always like to have my little own thread somewhere on Gaia where I can meet all of them.

User Image
I have a little obsession with pandas.( You really couldn't guess, right?). I collected about 150-200 panda items, most of them are from flea market, but also from many friends who know how much I love pandas! Of course I would love getting the panda hat on Gaia. In fact it was this hat that caused me to join Gaia (but back then I had no idea how much the panda hat costs...). Here is a photo of some of my panda items:

User Image

I was always thinking about questiong for the Panda Hat but never dared to because I thought it was no use. After getting my bunny slippers after 2 years of questing I am a bit more cinfinced that I might get the Panda Hat one day!

FIRN'S TOYBOX & GIFT ART

5,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
User Image

User Image Code for my quest banner:

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/k7yuh] [img]http://tinyurl.com/vyd2p[/img][/url]

User Image Code for my quest button:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[url=http://tinyurl.com/k7yuh][img]http://tinyurl.com/na8p5[/img][/url]

Just post your link banner in this thread if you want me to put your link here. I will pots all kinds of links like shop links, quest links, auction links, contests links and so on...
Link me back if you like heart

User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Nemika's Quest Thread

Shy Fatcat

Good luck Firn smile
I hope I helped you on your quest when I bought my amazing art from you 4laugh eek
My friend just keeps drooling on it xd

5,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
aniima
Good luck Firn smile
I hope I helped you on your quest when I bought my amazing art from you 4laugh eek

Of course you helped! *stores her donation letters*
heart heart
-----------User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.××××××××××××××××××××
××××××××××××××××××××

~|[]|~

Tricky tricky quest. I wish you luck.
3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.--------
××××××××××××××××××××
××××××××××××××××××××

5,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
+!!Emo_Roze!!+
-----------User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.××××××××××××××××××××
××××××××××××××××××××

~|[]|~

Tricky tricky quest. I wish you luck.
3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.--------
××××××××××××××××××××
××××××××××××××××××××

Thank you! heart I will definatelly need it.

Shy Fatcat

Firn the Panda
aniima
Good luck Firn smile

heart heart

I never knew a panda hat was so expensive eek

5,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
aniima
Firn the Panda
aniima
Good luck Firn smile

heart heart

I never knew a panda hat was so expensive eek

Unfortunatelly the Panda hat was the next donation item after the halo ever to be released on Gaia. Like this it is quite a bit expensive sad
oh hey I looked at your art shop too! You have really nice art!! Okay wanted to post in here and support your pandie hat quest
ninja heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces