Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
"'Cause every time we touch I feel the static,
And every time we kiss I reach for the sky,
Can't you hear my heart beat so? I can't let you go,
I Want you in my life."

--

HO NOES
After thinking long and hard about this, I have decided to cancel the contest and open up a request thread instead. I'm so sorry, I know it's disappointing to see a contest die, but I can't be here as much as I would like, and simply requesting when I DO have time seems like a better way to get art.

If you have already entered, please contact me with how much you think your piece is worth. We will compromise and I will give you gold or items for your entry, as it's unfair to have art without paying for it when the artist thought they might win something. So PM me please!

--

*February 11, 2006 - January 11, 2007 (Yes, extension occurred)
CANCELLED - SO SORRY

Hallo! I'm Erin (known as Mirage, or Miri), and this is my boyfriend (in real life), Andrew. <3 <3 <3

--

We've been crushing on each other for some time now (3 years to be exact!) and would very much like some lovely art to celebrate our 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

--

It all started at a summer camp when I was 11, and he was still called "T". My friend Caroline and I made a routine out of stealing T's hat and running away with it. Of course, Caroline would always have more guts than I (especially since I thought T was REALLY cute!), and I would always be the one watching him run after her. The whole summer passed that way, and I could never get up enough guts to really talk to him... at all. I didn't think I'd ever see him again. 4 or 5 years later, I was invited to the Sophomore Ring Dance at my friend Ben's school. I had a lot of church/youth group friends back then, so we all went together with our dates. At the dinner, I noticed a very familiar boy sitting across from me, but I couldn't place him. He was my friend Vickie's date, and finally she called him "T"; I realized who he was. The whole dance, I kept making excuses to go get a drink or something to eat, so I could walk by him... but he never seemed to notice. I left the dance that night, and went home a bit disppointed. About a year after that, my friend Vickie IMed me and asked if she could give my screenname to a friend of hers, so I said yes. Turns out, the friend was Andrew! He and I talked for hours, and finally decided to go on a date on February 11th, 2003. The rest they say is history.

--

Andy and I, when we first started dating, went through many trials, and though no one believed that we were meant to be together, here we are! 3 Years, and we couldn't be happier! <3

--

The only unhappy thing about this situation is that this contest marks the end of my Gaian life as I know it. I'm going to be a junior in college, and will have no more time for it... I know, pressure pressure. But anyways...! As a result, I am giving away EVERYTHING I OWN in this contest! All my outfits, all my rares, all my donation items! This all totals over 5 MILLION GOLD ALREADY, and I'm still actively being commissioned so I can get even MORE prizes!

--

After over a year of meticulously saving my goldies, endless commissions, and submissions to other contests, I give you my own! (Well, our own!)

.1: Intro <- You are here!
.2: Rules / Blacklist / Whitelist
.3: Characters / OCs
.4: Prizes (!)
.5: Tips to Win
.6: F.A.Q.
.7: Submissions
.8: Links

--

UPDATES
April 27th- Nitemare Scarf added as Third-runner up in the prize pool, taking us to OVER 5 MILLION IN PRIZES!!!! I need to update my banners whee
--
April 23rd- Prizes updated!
--
April 15th- HEY GUYSSSS- I got my AFK!! <33333 Prizes now total over 4 mil! I will be making new banners once I get back to school, and I will be updating the prizes really soon!
--
March 27th- Bumper count added to Submissions post. Half of the way to AFK. Prizes updated! Totaled over 3 mil!!!
--
Feb. 28th- More "together" refs added. Almost a third of the way to my AFK, which will be the next top prize! After that, shooting for a D-tail! gonk heart
--
Feb. 12th- Thread started! More Tips to Win added! FAQ added! Bumper prize added! Second Bumper prize added.

--
*Banner in this post done by [ . Mirage . ].
User Image

User Image

.1: All work done for the contest must be of ANDREW AND ERIN! (*We do NOT want pictures of avatars! You won't win anything!)

--

.2: Nothing should be PMed to either Andrew or me. (If you PM us a question or anything else contest-related, you will be disqualified!)

--

.3: Use this form when submitting:
[b]Name:[/b] (Gaian please!)
[b]LINK to image:[/b]
[b]Media Used:[/b] (pencil, marker, CG, etc.)
[b]Comments:[/b]

--

.4: No R-rated please! Andrew and I are very serious about our intimacy and feel that nudity would be an invasion of privacy. Of course, we like suggestive and sexy poses, but please... the clothes stay ON in this contest!

--

.5: NO ART THEFT. Ho's**t. I cannot stress this enough! It is DEVASTATING to an artist to steal their work and get praised for it as if it were your own! As an artist, I understand this feeling completely, so NO STEALING! I give you fair warning, do not mess with me on this. If I catch you copying/stealing art, I will personally PM every contest you've ever entered and soil your name so badly, it will take an economy-sized amount of apologizing, begging for mercy, and oxy-clean to remove the stain. AND I will make sure you are warned/banned from Gaia and any other art community you belong to. (Elfwood, DevART, etc.) This is a very simple rule to follow, and I shouldn't have to be this mean, so just DON'T DO IT!

--

.6: Be nice to everyone in the thread; especially me, Andy, and anyone on the Whitelist. I really am a nice person! (I just have issues with dastardly art thieves! >.< wink

--

.7: No putting down anyone else's artwork. Different style does not mean bad style. Also, please do not put down your own work. I get really tired of seeing, "I probably won't win... mine sucks compared to ______'s!"

--

.8: Chat! Converse! (It gets you more gold than bumping, anyways!)

--

.9: Rules are subject to change/modification at any point. If there is a change, I will put it with the updates in the first post.

--

BLACKLIST - RAWRAWR~!

--

WHITELIST - HOORAHS~!

lunasy - for bumping her heart out
Fangx610 - for always sticking around to chat and occassionally bump

--

*Art in this post done by [ . Mirage . ].
User Image

User Image

arrow Me (Erin):
Eyes: Deep brown - not black!
Hair: Long, dark brown - again, not black!
Build: Skinny middle with wide hips, curved thighs and small breasts.
Height: About 5'4"
Detailed: I'm a smaller girl, with B cups and a skinny waistline. Hour-glass figure, rather.. ummm... rounded thighs. My deep brown (not black!) hair is full and past my breasts and has a bit of a wave/curl at the ends. I normally wear a sort-of Bohemian style of clothing, layering earth-toned tank-tops and 3-quarter-length-sleeved shirts that button up the front. I usually wear brown pants (hip-huggers) or jeans with rips/paint splotches on them (I'm an Art Major!) I also wear a cowry-shell choker/necklace. For something more special, I wear crimson or black dresses that hang down to about my knees, and scoop in the front, with a haltar-style top. Eyes are brown to match my hair, and I'm a fan of black eyeliner- but not too much- I don't look like a $2 whore. My favourite colour is aquamarine.

Personality: Usually cheerful, happy to be alive. Squeals at cute things like kitties and puppies and babies. Very artistic, often listening to iPod and looking up at the sky. Usually in a 'thinking mood'. Meditiative. Generally a very friendly person, always smiling; but when pissed off, it can get very VERY ugly. Outgoing and open. Likes schedules and routines, very caring and goes out of her way to show love in material ways. Very cuddly when around Andrew; never can really keep her hands off of him. whee

Samples: [X] [X] [X] [X]
[X] [X]

---

arrow Him (Andrew):

Eyes: Stunning, stunning blue <3
Hair: Light brown
Build: Muscular, but not bulging. Thin.
Height: About 5'5"-6"
Detailed: Andrew is only about an inch taller than me. Light brown hair, and stunning, stunning, stunning blue eyes (at least, I think so! ). You may draw him with the goatee or without it... your choice. He's built very lean, but not lanky, with rather toned (but not bulging) arms and chest and shoulder muscles. He usually wears graphic T-shirts that advertise Halo, Caffeine, Computer Science, greyhounds, or World Of Warcraft (WoW). In addition, he wears white dress shirts for special occassions, sleeves loosely rolled up to his elbows, NO POPPED COLLAR. (Both Andrew and I are very anti-popped collar.)He also wears Khakis... no jeans. In the 3 years we've been dating, I've seen him in jeans once. Hehe. So no jeans. His favourite colour is green, but he usually wears gray or blue colours.

Personality: A cynic, but often finds great joy in competition and friendship with others. Shy when meeting other people, and usually introverted. Mysterious, but has a definite air of 'cool' about him. Also meditative; always aware of his surroundings. Think Jason Bourne. Very protective.

Samples: [X] [X] [X]

---

arrow Us together:
[X] [X]
[X] [X] [X] [X]
[X] [X] [X] [X]

*** If you're drawing hands, we both have silver rings on our ring finger- left hand.

Personalities together: Usually bouncing jokes off each other, or quoting well-known movies. Usually cuddling, holding hands, hugging, anything of the like. Both protective of each other, very affectionate.

--
User Image

--

*First picture: by irishgirl982.
*Second picture: by Moromaru.
User Image
(Are ever-increasing and will never go down!)

UNDER CONSTRUCTIONNNNNNN

User Image

.:. Best in Show .:.
AFK
=1 MIL+
Something that just makes me go, "Awww! That's me and Andy! <3333333" Accuracy matters a TON here.

--

.:. Second Runner-Up .:.
Angelic Scarf
=950k+
Self-explanatory. Accuracy matters a TON here.

--

.:. Third Runner-Up .:.
Nitemare Scarf
=860k+
Self-explanatory. Accuracy matters a TON here.

--

.:. Best Kiss .:.
Angelic Pendant (205k)
Nitemare Headband (236k)
August 04 (155k) - Choice of Winged Anklets or Golden Laurels
=596k
Ooo la la! Please wow me with your mushy talents! Passionate, sweet, romantic, or just down-right cute!

--

.:. Best Intimate Scene/Sexiest .:.
Horns of the Demon (256k)
Fresh Grass Skirt (97k)
September 04 (59k)- Choice of Goti or Bani Clips
=412k
This can be anything, really; ranging from a simple, warm hug to a sensual, suggestive pose (but remember to keep the clothes on! I only want to imply a more involved scene, not depict it!).

--

.:. Best CG Media .:.
Steel-Plated Ninja Band (213k)
August 04 (155k) - Choice of Winged Anklets or Golden Laurels
=368k
You heard right! This can only be won with digitally coloured work! While I myself favour traditional media (and am a Studio Major with a 2-D studies concentration - i.e, I'm studying it), I love the vibrancy of colour that seems to only come alive in CG pieces, as opposed to scanned media.

--

.:. Best Traditional Media .:.
June 2004 (259k) - Choice of Angelic Pendant or Horns of the Demon
Baby Seal Slippers (138k)
=397k
Pen, pencil, coloured pencil, watercolour, acryllics, anything that you actually apply to paper! Only cropping is allowed here. Please don't alter the image digitally- then it belongs in CG category.

--

.:. Cutest .:.
Emo Bag (157k)
February 04 (55k) - Choice of Zony Mp3 Player or Discman
Fairy Wings (40k)
=252k
Make me squeal like a girl. <33

--

.:. Best Scene .:.
Winged Anklets (159k)
Andrew and I love the beach, and that would be the perfect place to have us for this category! Gorgeous BG, anyone?

--

.:. Realism .:.
Staff of the Angels (60k)
Fresh Grass Skirt (97k)
=157k
I actually started my art with realism. So, here's a tribute to my first love! (other than Andy, of course!)

--

.:. Most Interesting Style .:.
Fuzzy Penguin Slippers (140k)
=140k
Whether it's your original use of colour, your intriguing cropping/placement of subjects, or your disproportionate and funky body types, this category is for you!

--

.:. Best Bumper .:.
Fairy Wings (40k)
=40k
Please number your bumps. If you don't number, you won't get credit. No skipping numbers, either. I'll check periodically. Also, the minimum number of bumps to win is 100 bumps. If no one meets this, the Fairy Wings will be added to another category.

--

.:. Second Best Bumper .:.
Bao (30k)
=30k
Please number your bumps. If you don't number, you won't get credit. No skipping numbers, either. I'll check periodically. Also, the minimum number of bumps to win is 50 bumps. If no one meets this, the prize will be added to another category.

--

.:. Honourable Mentions .:.
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
For all of those entries that deserved something, but didn't quite make the bigger categories. First honourable mention winner will choose their outfit of choice, second with choose out of the ones left, so on and so forth. 10 Honourable mentions in all.

--

.:.Door Prizes!.:.
June 05 (10k) - Choice of Bone Dragon Helm or Phoenix Circlet
July 05 (10k) - Choice of Solar Headdress or Lunar Cowl
Chyaku Norisu Scarf (11.5k)
=31.5k
To possibly be given out during the contest for random posts, trivia, etc.

---

Prizes Total 5,361,000 Gold as of June 17th, 2006.

*Prizes are subject to increasement and change, but NOT depletion! I will continuously update the prizes as they grow in value over the course of the contest, and will be adding new things as I receive them! So keep your eyes on this post!
User Image
User Image

1. Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy! Let me know you actually read the descriptions! This counts for nearly everything! Even if you feel your piece is exquisitely coloured or perfectly proportioned, it won't win anything if I have blonde hair! whee

2. Draw us as a couple. This is not a contest for single pieces. Only couple entries win here.

3. I am a huge fan of quality art; I'm not a big fan of doodles/half-assed sketches.

4. I am a fan of inventiveness and creative poses/etc.

5. I really like romance, so mushy kinds of stuff are always a good thing.

6. At Andrew's request: don't make him look like a homosexual! sweatdrop

7. I don't want a drawn version of any of my references. Please be original!

8. At Halloween, Andrew was Jack Sparrow and I was a black cat. I would LOVE a picture of us like that!

9. I would also die for a picture of us in our Prom attire. Even though we're out of high school now, showing him in a tux and me in a very pretty dress would be happiness for me! Note: I do not want Prom pictures. Andrew and I will be juniors in college- prom is not our thing anymore! I would simply like a FORMAL picture- you can use the prom pics of us as a reference for the dress, or you can design one. But I don't want specifically prom pictures. Thanks.

10. Please please PLEASE don't worry about your art not being well-known. I have completely given up single auctions on Gaia because I have found that they are merely popularity contests, where friends bid on friends' auctions and the money circulates around in their little circles. Just because you're popular on gaia, doesn't mean you'll win my contest. While many popular artists really are very talented and deserve their fame, that is not always the case. I do not judge on the name alone. My favourite thing, to be honest, is skill of the artist and sensitivity to my descriptions. THAT, if anything, will better your chances of winning my contest.

11. Make Andrew fall over because of how sexy you draw me wink Just because the clothes stay on, doesn't mean there's any less anticipation... <3

--

*Art in this post done by Magaly.
User Image

Q. How should I submit my entry?
A. Please use the order form located in the Rules Post (second post), and post it in the thread. Please do not PM me any entries. If there is nudity and you feel the need to PM it, you are already not following the rules. Remember, the clothes stay on! wink

Q. Can I win in more than one category?
A. Yes! However, I try to avoid it. I would like a lot of people to walk away with a prize! Keep in mind, the more pieces you enter, the greater the chance you have of winning more than one prize.

Q. Can my one piece win more than one prize??
A. No, sorry. If you submit more than one piece, it is possible to win a prize with each piece, but a single entry will not win two different prizes.

Q. Do I have to specify which category 'd like my submission to be entered in?
A. Nope. I'll take care of that. Don't worry about specifying. If you're worried about me missing the category you're shooting for, just attach a note to the end of your submission. No worries.

Q. Do I have to host my own picture?
A. Nope. I will take care of that. You do need something to get your picture into the thread in the first place, but after that I will host your entry on the contest photobucket account, which is located in the Submissions Post.

Q. Can I submit a picture that I've already drawn for you?
A. Nope, sorry. I'm not much of an art whore (well, until now), so this shouldn't be a problem for most people. But, if you have already done art for me and gotten paid for it, it's not fair to enter it.

Q. If I've already drawn for you, can I enter another one?
A. Yes, please do! The more entries, the better! Please enter as many times as you want- that goes for ALL contestants!

Q. Can I enter more than once?
A. Yep! Enter as many as you'd like!

Q. Can I draw anyone else in the picture?
A. I would prefer you didn't. I don't want some random anime character in the picture, as Andrew and I aren't really huge anime fans. You can do it if you want, but be prepared to probably not win anything for it. confused

Q. Can I enter dolls/edits?
A. That's not really what I'm looking for. You can, but there's no category for them, and I prefer drawn things.

Q. What are you going to do with the finished pictures?
A. All pictures will be cherished forever. I will most likely print them and hang them around my room biggrin I reserve the right to resize, crop, or otherwise make simple, non-artistic edits. I will never claim your artwork as my own.

Q. You're hot. Ditch Andrew and run away with me?
A. NO FOOL. *kick!* gonk

Q. Andrew's hot. I'm stealing him!
A. *tacklesnarlstabbystabbyrawrawrawr* IMMA EET CHOOOOO! mad

Q. Yikes! eek
A. We just like each other a lot. 4laugh

Q. I have another question that wasn't answered here.
A. Please ask in the thread! I will be here everyday to check on my thread and manage entries.
User Image

To all who read this: The photobucket is down for reasons unknown to me. I have been trying to figure out what's wrong with it for some time now, but I can't seem to fix it. I have been renaming entries so that they appear, I have made the account public for all to view. Nothing works. I will be making a NEW account in a few weeks to start over and hope that that works. However, I have finals week this week and do not have the time for this update. Sorry for the inconvenience, and please don't bug me about it... thanks.

NewzpopReportaTyroBong - [X]
Laurrana - [X]
Angelic Pocky - [X]
Gooeyneko - [X]
The Multiplication - [X]
Panda0.0 - [X] [X] [X]
Fangx610 - [X]
Atin Merle - [X]
Yourii - [X]
Daine Sarassa - [X]

To view all submissions, go here.

----

Bumpers!: (updated 5/11)

lunasy: 1416 bumps
Fangx610: 233 bumps
bebo^debo: 16 bumps
dArth~Angel04: 20 bumps
x_Taleh_x: 6 bumps
User Image

LINK ME!!!
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=12149948#653264138]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/chickchick/er_andy_banner_main.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

User Image

"I still hear your voice,
When you sleep next to me.
I still feel your touch,
in my dreams.
Forgive me my weakness,
But I dont know why,
Without you it's hard to survive

'Cause every time we touch,
I get this feeling
And every time we kiss,
I swear I can fly
Can't you feel my heart beat fast,
I want this to last,
Need you by my side
I feel the static,
And every time we kiss,
I reach for the sky,
Can't you hear my heart beat so,
I can't let you go,
I Want you in my life.

Your arms are my castle,
Your heart is my sky.
They wipe away tears that i've cried
The good and the bad times,
We've been through them all.
You make me rise when I fall..

I get this feeling
And every time we kiss,
I swear I can fly
Can't you feel my heart beat fast,
I want this to last,
Need you by my side
I feel the static,
And every time we kiss,
I reach for the sky,
Can't you hear my heart beat so,
I can't let you go,
I Want you in my life."

-Cascada
Happy Anniversary to me and Andy <3 <3 <3
First non-owner post! Congradulations on your third anniversary! I'm definitely going to enter, I already have an idea in mind!
skyfall_darkness
First non-owner post! Congradulations on your third anniversary! I'm definitely going to enter, I already have an idea in mind!

Aww, hooray! Thank you. <3
[ . Mirage . ]
skyfall_darkness

Yep! ^^ Something involving a hat!
skyfall_darkness
[ . Mirage . ]
skyfall_darkness

Yep! ^^ Something involving a hat!

Hah. Well, if you can make me look good in a hat, I'll applaud you.
whee heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces