Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yay or Nay?

Yay! 0.38 38.0% [ 19 ]
Nay! 0.42 42.0% [ 21 ]
THIS IS NOT UP FOR DISCUSSION 0.02 2.0% [ 1 ]
Die-hard fan right here! 0.18 18.0% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 50 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Personally, I think Nay. My reasons being because of the fact that it's another forbidden love/vampire story. They're so typical and I'm simply tired of the replaying story line.

Though, I'd love to hear all of your opinions and EVERYONE should respect others opinions. Thank you. 4laugh heart

In a relationship with Cyberweasel89

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Nay because...
It glorifies an abusive relationship
Glorifies ***** and child grooming
Horrible writing
Horrible character development
Two diminutional characters
"Vampires" that are way more like fairies than vampires
"Werewolves" that aren't really werewolves
It contradicts itself
And Meyer is unprofessional and childish
Lukan Wolf
Nay because...
Horrible writing
It contradicts itself
I agree, and the acting is poor.

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Lemony_Emily8
Lukan Wolf
Nay because...
Horrible writing
It contradicts itself

Oh, yes, I almost forgot about that. Not to mention, some of the other things that are wrong with the movie (like scenes where Edward and Bella stared at each other for too long and etc.).
Lukan Wolf
Lemony_Emily8
Lukan Wolf
Nay because...
Horrible writing
It contradicts itself

Oh, yes, I almost forgot about that. Not to mention, some of the other things that are wrong with the movie (like scenes where Edward and Bella stared at each other for too long and etc.).
I hated that. It was terribly done. The long pauses (they were quite awkward too), the "but I love him" moments, and the fact that she willingly put her own father in danger for a vampire who's obsessed with her. It's like, "Come on."

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Lemony_Emily8
Lukan Wolf
Lemony_Emily8
Lukan Wolf
Nay because...
Horrible writing
It contradicts itself

I hated that. It was terribly done. The long pauses (they were quite awkward too), the "but I love him" moments, and the fact that she willingly put her own father in danger for a vampire who's obsessed with her. It's like, "Come on."

I know. I had taken, or was taking, a video editing class in high school around the time the first movie came out. So all of the movie's flaws were quite evident to me. Though I will admit that the movies were better than the books. For one, we were no longer in Bella's head. Thank God for that. She came off as a selfish whiney little t**t. And second, a lot of useless stuff was cut out.

And don't ger me started on Edward's and Bella's relationship. There is so much wrong with that, so much wrong! I could write a book on how messed they and their relationship is. Hell, I have written a paper on Bella for one of my psychology classes. I talked about how the only reason that she would stay with Edward let him abuse her like that was because she was messed up in the head. I got an A on that.

(Oh, and just to let you know, there's this person who has been stirring up trouble in the Twilight forums. He goes by 'forgot my old password.' He's a Twitard who messes with anyone who doesn't think that Twilight is wonderful and the best thing ever. I thought that I would warn you.)
Lukan Wolf
Lemony_Emily8
Lukan Wolf
Lemony_Emily8
Lukan Wolf
Nay because...
Horrible writing
It contradicts itself

I know. I had taken, or was taking, a video editing class in high school around the time the first movie came out. So all of the movie's flaws were quite evident to me. Though I will admit that the movies were better than the books. For one, we were no longer in Bella's head. Thank God for that. She came off as a selfish whiney little t**t. And second, a lot of useless stuff was cut out.

And don't ger me started on Edward's and Bella's relationship. There is so much wrong with that, so much wrong! I could write a book on how messed they and their relationship is. Hell, I have written a paper on Bella for one of my psychology classes. I talked about how the only reason that she would stay with Edward let him abuse her like that was because she was messed up in the head. I got an A on that.

(Oh, and just to let you know, there's this person who has been stirring up trouble in the Twilight forums. He goes by 'forgot my old password.' He's a Twitard who messes with anyone who doesn't think that Twilight is wonderful and the best thing ever. I thought that I would warn you.)
Oooh, that class sounds fun. To be honest, the books were horrid and Bella-centered. I mean, in one of the too many books there was a part where Bella was moaping around all depressed and sh*t simply because Edward left her. Wft? He's just a creepy boy Vampire. I just don't get it. Besides, he's not even cute!

Lol, that is so true~ He basically controls her with his stupid color-changing eyes (What even), his (stereotypical) hair style, and his mysteriousness. And in her mind, she's 'Edward-sexual'. There is just sooo much wrong with that relationship.

This sounds fun! I'm in my battle station, c: (Twitard? That's really cute btw rofl )

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Lemony_Emily8
Lukan Wolf
Lemony_Emily8
Lukan Wolf
Lemony_Emily8
Lukan Wolf
Nay because...
Horrible writing
It contradicts itself

Oooh, that class sounds fun. To be honest, the books were horrid and Bella-centered. I mean, in one of the too many books there was a part where Bella was moaping around all depressed and sh*t simply because Edward left her. Wft? He's just a creepy boy Vampire. I just don't get it. Besides, he's not even cute!

Lol, that is so true~ He basically controls her with his stupid color-changing eyes (What even), his (stereotypical) hair style, and his mysteriousness. And in her mind, she's 'Edward-sexual'. There is just sooo much wrong with that relationship.

This sounds fun! I'm in my battle station, c: (Twitard? That's really cute btw rofl )

It was fun 3nodding It was so interesting to learn about green screen, lighting effects, special effects (on a small scale), different kinds of camera shots and etc. Though I I really got a kick out of making and editing my own videos. Those were some good times. Anyway, I know what you mean. I only read the books because all of my friends were reading them. I just wanted to know what all the hubbub was about. Though I stopped half way through the third book because I could no longer stomach it anymore. As for Bella's depression, it was way over the top. I mean, come on! I can understand being sad when breakup happens, but to be so messed up about such a thing that you're in a zombie like state and have night terrors just about every time you go to bed is just too much. Not to mention, Edward left her in the middle of the woods after breaking up with her. If I gay did that to me, I wouldn't be sad. I'd be mad and completely boot them out of my life.

I know. He's not that attractive. Besides, any guy who is abusive and has starker tendencies is ugly. (At least to me.) I don't care how good looking (or rich) some guy is. If he has horrible personality then he isn't worth my time. Which is why I tend to like the underdogs (like Kuwabara from Yu-Yu Hakusho, Joey Wheeler from Yu-Gi-Oh!, Xander from Buffy: The Vampire Slayer and etc.). They may act like dorks, but they're really nice guys. I'd take a good natured dork over some "hottie" any day.

Tell me about it. Romeo and Juliet was a better love story than Twilight. Hell, anything is a better love story than Twilight. (Except for 50 Shades of Grey. That garbage is as worse as Twilight. Then again, what else are you suppose to expect of a horrible Twilight fanfic.) I mean, If you ask me, Jacob is so much better.And when I say that, I mean the Jacob from the second book, before Meyer murdered his character so that she wouldn't have to better Edward's character. I swear, that woman can't write a decent story to save her life.

(I don't think that it would be that fun. He's a real a*****e that thinks that former victims of abuse have no right to criticize Twilight because their abuse "clouds their judgment and makes them take their anger out on anyone who is happy and/or male." Then top that off with the fact that he once told a former victim of rape "to go get raped again" because she didn't agree with him and proved him wrong, and you get an idea of what you're dealing with. That guy is an a*****e to end all assholes. And it doesn't help that he keeps coming back after he get's banned (which is five times now). Though I don't know if he's till around or not. He pissed off and offended a lot of people this time around, so I'm sure that plenty of people reported him. Hell, I reported that jerk twice because he wouldn't leave me alone, even after I blocked him. Also, a tard is a fan who likes a certain series so much that they're really protective and won't admit that the series has any faults at all. In other words, a tard is someone who blindly worships a certain series. So just take the first few words of a series and then add tard, like Twitard or Narutard.)

Quotable Prophet

Lukan Wolf
Lemony_Emily8
Lukan Wolf
Lemony_Emily8
Lukan Wolf

It was fun 3nodding It was so interesting to learn about green screen, lighting effects, special effects (on a small scale), different kinds of camera shots and etc. Though I I really got a kick out of making and editing my own videos. Those were some good times. Anyway, I know what you mean. I only read the books because all of my friends were reading them. I just wanted to know what all the hubbub was about. Though I stopped half way through the third book because I could no longer stomach it anymore. As for Bella's depression, it was way over the top. I mean, come on! I can understand being sad when breakup happens, but to be so messed up about such a thing that you're in a zombie like state and have night terrors just about every time you go to bed is just too much. Not to mention, Edward left her in the middle of the woods after breaking up with her. If I gay did that to me, I wouldn't be sad. I'd be mad and completely boot them out of my life.

I know. He's not that attractive. Besides, any guy who is abusive and has starker tendencies is ugly. (At least to me.) I don't care how good looking (or rich) some guy is. If he has horrible personality then he isn't worth my time. Which is why I tend to like the underdogs (like Kuwabara from Yu-Yu Hakusho, Joey Wheeler from Yu-Gi-Oh!, Xander from Buffy: The Vampire Slayer and etc.). They may act like dorks, but they're really nice guys. I'd take a good natured dork over some "hottie" any day.

Tell me about it. Romeo and Juliet was a better love story than Twilight. Hell, anything is a better love story than Twilight. (Except for 50 Shades of Grey. That garbage is as worse as Twilight. Then again, what else are you suppose to expect of a horrible Twilight fanfic.) I mean, If you ask me, Jacob is so much better.And when I say that, I mean the Jacob from the second book, before Meyer murdered his character so that she wouldn't have to better Edward's character. I swear, that woman can't write a decent story to save her life.

(I don't think that it would be that fun. He's a real a*****e that thinks that former victims of abuse have no right to criticize Twilight because their abuse "clouds their judgment and makes them take their anger out on anyone who is happy and/or male." Then top that off with the fact that he once told a former victim of rape "to go get raped again" because she didn't agree with him and proved him wrong, and you get an idea of what you're dealing with. That guy is an a*****e to end all assholes. And it doesn't help that he keeps coming back after he get's banned (which is five times now). Though I don't know if he's till around or not. He pissed off and offended a lot of people this time around, so I'm sure that plenty of people reported him. Hell, I reported that jerk twice because he wouldn't leave me alone, even after I blocked him. Also, a tard is a fan who likes a certain series so much that they're really protective and won't admit that the series has any faults at all. In other words, a tard is someone who blindly worships a certain series. So just take the first few words of a series and then add tard, like Twitard or Narutard.)

Tipping you for the comment on the underdogs. They're some of my favorite characters in these shows simply because they can be sweet and dorky, but mostly because out of everyone, they're usually the ones with the most development and they never tend to be given enough credit in the series they're part of. (With all three of your examples being the only actual normal/semi-normal non-special HUMAN characters who accomplish a surprising lot given their limitations compared to the other characters).

It kind of says something though when I can't figure out who I feel worse for--not because I can't figure out which of the two I actually like, but because I can't determine which of the two I can despise less. He's aggressive and controlling, she's passive aggressive and manipulative. Honestly, Edward and Bella deserve each other.

Jacob...I don't know, I can't say I really liked him either. While a majority of the trouble in Twilight was because of Bella, nearly all the trouble with the wolves was due to Jacob's hyper focus on Bella and his insistence that they protect her. The girl didn't give two s**ts about your treaty, she wanted to be immortal and pretty forever, and Leah had a damn good point in noting that Bella was NOT exempt from death in the battle just because you wanted to bang her. Get over it, and I DON'T mean by running away from your responsibilities (twice) or falling in love with her baby.

I mean, it kind of TELLS you something when the director has to INSTRUCT the actor to be as non-creepy as possible about that part. And yet people keep trying to tell me that bit is not ***** or child grooming. Oh. My. God.

Shhh! Don't speak of the devil or it may appear!
Lukan Wolf
Lemony_Emily8
Lukan Wolf
Lemony_Emily8
Lukan Wolf

Indeed, uit sounds very fun, and I'm very jealous since my high school doesn't offer that class. 4laugh Haha biggrin Exactly! She over-wrote the book break up. You're right, who would obsess over a guy who's self centered, rude, VERY creepy, andhas absolutely no personality! Besides, he left her in the woods (like how you mentioned) willingly, knowing she was in danger. Then, she has the nerve to mourn her lost relationship with the very vampire? I think not.

Not at all. Very true, he's just not appealing to my eye in any way. His personality consists of "creepy and obsessive". I'd take a dork over someone like him any day; at least the geeky guy would actually show humor and compassion. Edward just stares at Bella like she's a deep-dish pizza. Creepy.

Exactly, right? Anything is, really. Twilight is just a soapy story about a messed up Teen who is deprived from a social life, to put it bluntly. wink

Oh god. You can't tell someone that! I have the urge to b**** slap him now. I hope he comes back just so we can ban him again. Gosh, doesn't he not have a soul? That's unbelievable!

Romantic Senshi

12,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Romantic Senshi

11,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
Lukan Wolf
Nay because...
Horrible writing
It contradicts itself

Couldn't have said it better!

Plinti's Husband

Distinct Seeker

11,575 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Lemony_Emily8

User Image

I think the acting was poor because one, the actors obviously didn't want to be there, two, it seemed to be on the lower end of the budget scale, three, each movie had different directors that no one has really ever heard of, and four, the source material was pretty terrible.

No. My chocolate. Go away.
Minerva de Sade
Lemony_Emily8

User Image

I think the acting was poor because one, the actors obviously didn't want to be there, two, it seemed to be on the lower end of the budget scale, three, each movie had different directors that no one has really ever heard of, and four, the source material was pretty terrible.

No. My chocolate. Go away.
Very true, although, I didn't know that there were multiple directors - Guess that explains why. 4laugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff