Welcome to Gaia! ::

How do you feel about 5 more Twilight movies?

Twilight FOREVER! Keep the sparkle alive! 0.37704918032787 37.7% [ 23 ]
Enough is enough. 0.29508196721311 29.5% [ 18 ]
Real vampires don't sparkle! 0.32786885245902 32.8% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]
1 2 >

Heart Hunter

6,450 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Looks like there's going to be more Twilight movies in our future (SQUEE! says the TwiHard in me). Stephanie Meyer has decided the world needs more female voices in the writing, directing, entertainment world and has turn the future of Twilight into a contest where 5 winners will be chosen to make 5 short films that will be posted on Facebook. The contest is called "The Storytellers: New Voices of the Twilight Saga" and is being hosted by Tongal.

While Kristen Stewart will be one of the judges, that is the only way any of the original cast will be a part of it.

How do you as a Twilight fan feel about this? Where would you like to see the story go? Personally I'd love to see a grown up Renesmee trying to deal with being who/what she is and living in the shadow of her parents exciting past. Plus there's the whole my man used to be hot for my mom and would sneak into her room at night shirtless. And REALLY? The Volturi aren't going to come back to stir up some trouble?

I also wouldn't mind some full back stories, like Rose and Emmett's. I want more than "he got mauled by a bear so I brought him home for Carlisle to turn." There is just so much more to that story that I want to see.

In a relationship with Cyberweasel89

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
As an anti, I can't help but feel really annoyed at that. Enough is enough. Meyer needs to stop falling back on Twilight and do what any descent author would do, think up and create a new series. Also, this what I get from article about Meyer trying to milk the already dry Twilight cash cow:

"There are not enough women in the filming industry! We need more female directors! So I will appoint some female directors and make them do spinoffs of my horrible, sexist, anti-feminist, abusive relationship and ***** glorifying series! That will so solve the problem!!!"

Yet on the other hand, the artist in me wants to see what other people can come up with. They might be able to come up with something good. Hopefully something that is much better than the original. That, and I too must admit that I would like to see a more solid backstory of the characters. (Though I hope that if anyone does a story on an older Renesmee, that it's about how much of a creep she finds out Jacob is and gets the hell out of there.)

Beloved Shapeshifter

I'm on the anti/ neutral spectrum with the franchise. While it was a twist on escapism, I disagree with a lot of how the "love" aspect was tackled and didn't care for either of the leads. One of those, "oh, I've seen it once. I really don't need to do so again" things because it was a mix of that cliche, at times (More than not) disturbing, and made things seem easier than they really are.

So, will I be watching the new vignettes? Well... here's the thing. I find a couple of the movies to be guilty pleasures though I hated the overall "love story." It honestly had potential with its setup, but then Bella seemed overly obsessed with Edward because he was beautiful and Edward couldn't read her thoughts. Then Bella only showed any real will to fight if it came to anything trying to split her and Edward up. It really could have been better if they could have shortened it without the frilly prose about Edward or how drab Forks was... Hell, remove that and give Bella a backbone on more than just matters with regards of her becoming a vampire to be with her "beautiful, shining Adonis for all eternity!" and get to the plots without building them up better and I'm sure that this could have easily been summed up in two, maybe three movies to be generous or even three books if she went with a third person narrative so we could have seen each characters thoughts in regards to Edward and Bella in general would have likely been a step up.
i'm a big fan of twilight. i loved the books and the movies. so i'm super excited about seeing more to it.

i dont know whats happening with all that talk about there not being enough female directors and "5 winners". what is this some sort of game show? lol i dont get that part. but if it means seeing kristen stewart i guess its cool.

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
thisduderighthere
i'm a big fan of twilight. i loved the books and the movies. so i'm super excited about seeing more to it.

i dont know whats happening with all that talk about there not being enough female directors and "5 winners". what is this some sort of game show? lol i dont get that part. but if it means seeing kristen stewart i guess its cool.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kristen is only going to be a judge. She's not going to star in any of them.

As for the topic as a whole, Meyer is encouraging female directors to make fan-movies of her work in order for them to get what's called "exposure". I haven't seen any kind of other form of compensation there, so as an artist I'm calling "bullshit". "Exposure" isn't something to work for. It's essentially the not-promise of future work and recognition. "You might get noticed if you do this for me!"

Meyer is the only one really benefiting from all of this. The directors might get a little bit of her spotlight, but Meyer's really just sitting there telling us that Twilight isn't dead, and she's going to make money from the goddamned advertising from all of this while the female directors she's calling for are going to get nothing but a pat on the back and maybe fifteen minutes of fame.

That's bullshit. The whole idea of people working for free is bullshit, and people get away with this. I see it all the time in my field of graphic design: companies call for a group of designers to design something, then they pick the "winner", and give them the paycheck, essentially leaving everyone else with nothing but a "good try, champ" pat on the back for all the hours they poured into the project.

As for what I'd like to see, I'd like to see more backstories covered. I want to see more about Carlisle and Rosalie personally (And I would like them to be historically accurate and not see Rosalie's rape story being swept under the rug, please and ******** thank you).

I don't want to see what happens with Nessie unless it's ripping Jacob's face off when he tries to mate with her because that imprinting s**t is gross. emotion_puke

"I'm kind of a big deal."
Minerva de Sade
thisduderighthere

As for the topic as a whole, Meyer is encouraging female directors to make fan-movies of her work in order for them to get what's called "exposure". I haven't seen any kind of other form of compensation there, so as an artist I'm calling "bullshit". "Exposure" isn't something to work for. It's essentially the not-promise of future work and recognition. "You might get noticed if you do this for me!"

Meyer is the only one really benefiting from all of this. The directors might get a little bit of her spotlight, but Meyer's really just sitting there telling us that Twilight isn't dead, and she's going to make money from the goddamned advertising from all of this while the female directors she's calling for are going to get nothing but a pat on the back and maybe fifteen minutes of fame.

That's bullshit. The whole idea of people working for free is bullshit, and people get away with this. I see it all the time in my field of graphic design: companies call for a group of designers to design something, then they pick the "winner", and give them the paycheck, essentially leaving everyone else with nothing but a "good try, champ" pat on the back for all the hours they poured into the project.

As for what I'd like to see, I'd like to see more backstories covered. I want to see more about Carlisle and Rosalie personally (And I would like them to be historically accurate and not see Rosalie's rape story being swept under the rug, please and ******** thank you).

I don't want to see what happens with Nessie unless it's ripping Jacob's face off when he tries to mate with her because that imprinting s**t is gross. emotion_puke

so it is like a game show. lol like a ink master or survivor. that is bullshit.
in that case i won't even like them. for me to like it, it has to at least feel like an OFFICIAL part of the already existing series.

this is scaring me.

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
thisduderighthere
Minerva de Sade
thisduderighthere

in that case i won't even like them. for me to like it, it has to at least feel like an OFFICIAL part of the already existing series.

this is scaring me.

Well I told you dear, people/corporations who continue, or add on to, a series do so to keep making money off of it. This is why series that are not allowed to die becomes ruined. Meyer doesn't care about Twilight, she's just a greedy attention whore who just want to make money and stay in the spotlight. She is a terrible writer with writing skills that are barely subpar on her best days. This one of the reasons, one of the main reasons, that people hate Twilight, because the author is a temperamental and childish hack of an a*****e.

Well I do hope that it's scaring you. Nothing good comes out of jerks doing what they can to be famous. Just look at reality TV. I mean honestly emotion_donotwant

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
thisduderighthere

this is scaring me.

Kind of. There are a few differences:

1. Game shows usually air on TV, with a much larger audience, thus more exposure. These Twilight mini movies are Facebook exclusive.

2. Game shows usually have some kind of monetary prize. This, as far as I know, does not.

3. This is actually an accepted practice in the design community, and it hurts the community really badly when something like this happens:

As for it being "official", I suppose only the victor would be "official", but Meyer is picking out directors and sanctioning the contest, so it does seem like it would be "official", no matter who wins.

"braiiinnnnnssss"
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere
Minerva de Sade
thisduderighthere

this is scaring me.

Well I told you dear, people/corporations who continue, or add on to, a series do so to keep making money off of it. This is why series that are not allowed to die becomes ruined. Meyer doesn't care about Twilight, she's just a greedy attention whore who just want to make money and stay in the spotlight. She is a terrible writer with writing skills that are barely subpar on her best days. This one of the reasons, one of the main reasons, that people hate Twilight, because the author is a temperamental and childish hack of an a*****e.

Well I do hope that it's scaring you. Nothing good comes out of jerks doing what they can to be famous. Just look at reality TV. I mean honestly emotion_donotwant

yah that sucks. she's willing to ruin her own series by turning it into a dumb game.
oh well theres nothing i can do but wait and hope they don't ruin it for me.

i mean it doesn't really scare me. there are much bigger problems in the world to be scared of.
and i shouldn't be scared because if anything i can ignore the existence of anything i hate. but still, scary.

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
thisduderighthere
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere
Minerva de Sade
thisduderighthere

this is scaring me.

yah that sucks. she's willing to ruin her own series by turning it into a dumb game.

i mean it doesn't really scare me. there are much bigger problems in the world to be scared of.
and i shouldn't be scared because if anything i can ignore the existence of anything i hate. but still, scary.

Yeah, but the artist in me kind of wants to see what other can come up with. Hopefully they will better than the original.

True, there are much more things scary than that, but it's still kind of scary (on a small scale).
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere
Minerva de Sade
thisduderighthere

this is scaring me.

Yeah, but the artist in me kind of wants to see what other can come up with. Hopefully they will better than the original.

True, there are much more things scary than that, but it's still kind of scary (on a small scale).

yah the twilight fan in me wants to see the same thing.

lets call it nerves/anticipation.

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
thisduderighthere
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere

this is scaring me.

Then I guess we'll end up watching the movies when they come out on FaceBook(?).

It's more like exasperation for me. Mostly because of Meyer, not the ones creating the videos (for obvious reasons).
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere

this is scaring me.

Then I guess we'll end up watching the movies when they come out on FaceBook(?).

It's more like exasperation for me. Mostly because of Meyer, not the ones creating the videos (for obvious reasons).

yah. i have no idea when exactly this whole things is gonna begin, so just make a thread about it when it does.

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
thisduderighthere
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere

yah. i have no idea when exactly this whole things is gonna begin, so just make a thread about it when it does.

Then I guess I'll be on the look out then.
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere

Then I guess I'll be on the look out then.

well if you want. no pressure.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces