Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Phantom

A NOTICE: This thread is to discuss tonight's (March 30th 2014) episode of The Walking Dead. Before, during, and after it airs. It will contain SPOILERS for tonight's season finale episode "A" and all previous episodes and seasons.

You've been warned.

If you want a place to talk as tonight's episode broadcasts live, join us here at showtime. Share your theories, shock, or even ask questions as things happen in the show. Or drop by after for post-show discussion.

Are you guys ready for tonight?

Pre-show discussion/theories! gaia_spoons
- There are a lot of thoughts on Terminus. I think the majority thinks it's bad. I would agree. Not just because it is this show's theme to take what could cause hope for the characters and turn it on their head, doing something quite horrible to them instead.

There are other signs that something is suspicious and a danger to them. The first is what we saw in the closing scene of last week's episode. Not a single guard was there to protect the building. No weapons at all could be seen (aside from the small gun on Mary's hip, but it's strapped). And there were no people. Only one figure to greet them with a smile and greeting. This is like the witch luring Hansel and Gretl into her house of sweets. Everything looks inviting. There are no threatening weapons, heavy locks or thick walls, or stern or weary faces to perhaps turn away anyone who thought to approach after seeing the signs. It's all flowers, gardens, drawings, bright color and pleasantness. There is no suspicion or guarded behavior in Mary as she receives them. There is no way a group could get away with a set up like this unless they had something up their sleeves and then needed to welcome people in. Not with all the bad people out there, like the Governor and his men, or the Marauders. If this was set up like Rick's they would be more suspicious and careful. So the thought that Terminus is a very small amount of survivors that lure people in with hope and kindness and warmth only to turn on them and spring a trap seems very, very likely to me. Cannibalism is also a major suspicion of mine, as well. A small group luring in their prey with the least amount of trouble. If you've seen one of the latest sneak peeks of tonight's episode it shows Rick showing Carl how to set a trap. I believe that will parallel tonight's story. Terminus has laid the path to them along the train tracks taking them to the "end of the line".

- There are still several things that are unresolved. Will TWD actually be able to resolve them or will there be some mysteries and reunions that will not happen? One has to assume that next season the group will more than likely be going with Abraham, Eugene and Rosita to get to Washington. However, can Rick do that and potentially leave people behind? One can assume Rick and his group will probably be reunited with Glenn, Maggie, Sasha, and Bob. We have seen a snippet of Rick and Abraham on screen together, so we know that that will happen tonight, so Rick should be with or know what happened to Glenn and co.

What about the rest? That leaves Carol, Ty, Judith, Daryl and Beth. I think that Carol stated that they were only about a day's travel away from Terminus (correct me if I'm wrong). They spent about two days in that house before resuming their walk to Terminus. I would say they should be showing up at about the same time or shortly after Rick and Glenn's groups. I have this feeling they didn't show up before anyone. It is possible they will show up some time before the Terminus people put their plans into action against Glenn's group.

Daryl, as we all know, is traveling with the Joe and the rest of the Marauders. They are several hours behind Rick's group. It is quite possible in my mind that Daryl will not reunite with Rick's group. I think the Marauders will be an added problem tonight, but that Daryl will never know that it's Rick that Joe is hunting. Then the Marauders will continue to hunt Rick as he joins Abe on the mission to Washington and Daryl will go along since he has nowhere else to go.

The biggest question is what will happen with Beth. This mystery can splinter the group. If Beth's fate remains unknown, can people like Maggie or Glenn or even Rick just give her up? Maggie and Glenn wouldn't leave Atlanta until they knew what happened to Beth. Those two have proven many times over that they will go the dangerous route for the slimmest chance to know for sure about the fate of their family. If they don't know what happened to Beth, it would be incredibly cold of Maggie and Glenn to just abandon her for Washington. It would feel like a WTF decision if they did abandon Beth to the unknown. But could the show allow two primary characters to leave the group like that? I don't think they'd split the show between Rick, Abe, and so on with just Glenn, Maggie and one or two other people remaining in Atlanta. Or write off both Glenn and Maggie.

That is why I think that they will have to reveal Beth's fate tonight, or immediately resolve her mystery by at least the first episode of season 5. Before the group ever tries to head to Washington. They couldn't put off the resolution of her arc by too much as Abe would abandon them. And they wouldn't just introduce Abe only to immediately send him off again on his mission never to hear the rest of it. It is possible Beth was kidnapped by people from Terminus and she is either dead or imprisoned. It is also possible that she is elsewhere. I do not believe she is with the Marauders. They were on foot. On the night that Beth was kidnapped those guys were still at the house they barged into when they encountered Rick or thereabouts. If they had Beth they would have still been driving around in their sedan. And had Beth with them. And I don't think they'll have an off-screen death for Beth. They'll either show her die or show her body. Just to make it clear she's dead.

Also, while Beth could be in Terminus, I do not believe that Mary is wearing her sweater. They look nothing alike and Mary couldn't possible fit in that sweater. >_o;

Additionally, we're having a new character introduced name Gareth. I think he's the guy who screams in the trailer that makes Carl go running into danger to help. I think this guy is big trouble. Not Negan trouble, but bad. It's been said that Gareth is part of Terminus. If I had to throw out a guess as to what will happen with this guy... I think he'll help lead Rick's trio to Terminus and reveal his colors of being a horrible person. And then, if Terminus falls tonight and he survives, Gareth might join the Marauders by pure luck. And will pursue Rick for revenge or perhaps something else. Gareth could also be responsible at least partially or fully for Beth's kidnapping. While I've only seen a picture of Gareth I can't help but get bad vibes. I don't think he's going to become a new ally. If he did join the Rick-group, he's going to be a snake in the grass. I'm sure of it.

- Who is going to die? The people involved in the show did say a primary cast member is going to die. One that hasn't died in the comic. The people obviously excluded from that is Rick and Carl. That leaves people like Michonne and Maggie. These two are still alive in the comic and are currently main characters. However, what was said could also be a trick in that the character hasn't died in the comic because they don't exist in it. Which brings Daryl and Beth into the list.

Who do I think will perish tonight? Sadly, all signs seem to point to Maggie. And I really like Maggie. She's had her wonderful reunion with Glenn. She's happy. And then she did a VERY foreboding thing by burning that photograph and then basically stating that Glenn will never need a photograph of her because she'll never leave his side again. That just screams bad things are coming for Maggie and Glenn. It is possible that Glenn might die and the person who hinted at a character death being someone who hasn't died in the comic could have been misleading. But, between these two lovebirds, Maggie seems the most likely to die tonight. (And, even if Maggie did die, do you think Glenn would abandon Beth to Atlanta and just leave Maggie's sister? He wouldn't even leave Tara. Unless he was in utter shock and just moved without thinking.)

The other possibility is Beth. Though, her death ranks as #2 on my TWD season finale death-pool. Both of these sisters may die in tonight's episode. Whether Beth dies tonight or not, I know for sure that her situation is bad. Especially if she is still limping.

Other possible deaths that weren't hinted at... Judith. You can't take a baby on a major trip from Atlanta to Washington on foot or by car. Abraham would probably oppose it because of safety issues to Eugene, though I can completely see Eugene allowing it and Abe would cave as usual. The other problem is Judith's actress. It takes 4 or 5 babies to play her part and must cost a ton in insurance and more to them all there. And babies age quickly. It is fine when they only have her shown for a few minutes in an occasional episode. To have her travel in a small-ish group with them would require the group to have her on screen or at least have a doll strapped to one of them constantly. Honestly, there are just problems with small children in a production like this that I can't seem them keeping her for much longer. And having her perish tonight, whether by Terminus's hands or the Marauders, seems very likely.

Wouldn't it be awful if the Marauders encountered Carol, Ty, and Judith before they reached Terminus? Carol took the role of Lori and things unfolded much like it did in the comic as the group tried to flee the prison? And for Daryl to witness that? Wouldn't the idea that Carol, who Rick pushed away because he didn't want her near Judith, died protecting Judith? And Ty and/or Daryl had to deliver that news to him? That devastated expression on Rick's face in the trailer where his hands are covered in blood... what if that was him seeing Judith and maybe Carol dead?
Somehow I see this kind of death for Carol being... kind of fitting for her.

Though, in all likelihood, I think that image of him sitting there covered in blood could also be a ghostly look as he deals with the shock of killing a person/people. The episode summary on the tv does say the group comes face to face with sheer brutality. Those familiar with the comic may know what I'm hinting at.

- MOST IMPORTANT TOPIC OF ALL. What have you guys liked or disliked about this season of Walking Dead? Best season? Worst season? In the middle? What do you hope they will do differently or keep doing in season 5? What are your expectations for season 5? How do you plan to pass your time from now until season 5? XD

- Are we ever going to know why Daryl took all of that jewelry and cash in that episode where he and Beth go to the golf course and get drunk? It's a super minor detail, I figure, but I'm still confused by that. And then he just abandons that leather pack completely. I understand he probably left it behind to run faster, but still... Why carry heavy jewelry in the first place? And then he starts lugging around his goods in a trash bag. So we'll never know why he did that? o_o;
The only thing I can figure was that the writers/director thought the audience wouldn't figure out that Beth was kidnapped (despite her scream and Daryl screaming her name and chasing the speeding vehicle), so they had a bag full of jewelry for her. The jewelry would be immediately recognized scattered on the roadway as belonging to the bag Beth was carrying out of the house. So you'd know it wasn't just some random pack belonging to someone else. But still... they had the screaming. I was able to figure out that Beth was taken forcibly without the aid of the jewelry. It... it's just odd.
Also, he was totally using a dead rabbit in a trash bag as a pillow.

Tiny Friend

ahhhh so much to talk about!!
One of my biggest concerns for tonight is Beth. I'm wrecked that she got
kidnapped so close to the end of the season!! I just hope we hear something
anything about her before the end. I don't think I can wait until the fall.

Overall from the middle of season until now felt a little slow... (I can't even
remember what happened from the earlier half of the season, lol. Did it start
when the prison already got invaded or did it not happen yet?) But! A lot of nice
things happened like character development and learning more in depth about them.
(I enjoyed the Daryl and Beth centric episode. AND CARL+MICHONNE+kinda Rick)

I'm so excited to watch but I'm also dreading it. Lol

Tipsy Bloodsucker

I am super excited for this episode, but also super scared. But mostly excited!

I definitely think that Terminus is bad news. Putting aside that this is the season finale, and having Terminus actually be a safe haven would make for a pretty boring finale, it's just the nature of the show. Give them hope, and then violently snatch it away. It is heart wrenching, but it makes for good tv.

I am very anxious to learn Beth's fate most of all. Some are hinting that a priest mentioned in the comics took her away in that car. (I haven't kept up with the comics too much, so that theory is up in the air for me). There is also the theory that Mary and her group captured Beth and cooked her (if in fact they are the cannibals that everyone is predicting they are).

As far as who dies, I hope it's not Maggie! gonk I was traumatized enough when Hershel was killed, and if she dies I will be distraught because I love the Greene family. ): And imagine what it will do to poor Glenn!

All in all, I have to say this was a very good season! The disease outbreak was a very interesting twist that kept everyone on their toes, and the return (and demise) of the Governor was obviously action-packed and heart wrenching as well.

An emotional roller coaster for sure, and I think it's only going to get more intense before it's over!

Cuddly Puppy

I'm extremely excited about this episode. I have a feeling that Terminus is not a good place and something really bad is going to happen. Be it cannibals or some crazy religious cult that thinks sacrificing enough people will end the apocalypse... That place just has bad vibes around it. I mean, the gates weren't locked, there were no guards there, there weren't even any walkers around the fence...

I think that Beth may be the one that dies in this episode... but I'm not sure, it could be anyone really.

Tipsy Bloodsucker

tiny grass
ahhhh so much to talk about!!
One of my biggest concerns for tonight is Beth. I'm wrecked that she got
kidnapped so close to the end of the season!! I just hope we hear something
anything about her before the end. I don't think I can wait until the fall.

Overall from the middle of season until now felt a little slow... (I can't even
remember what happened from the earlier half of the season, lol. Did it start
when the prison already got invaded or did it not happen yet?) But! A lot of nice
things happened like character development and learning more in depth about them.
(I enjoyed the Daryl and Beth centric episode. AND CARL+MICHONNE+kinda Rick)

I'm so excited to watch but I'm also dreading it. Lol

Oh I loved the Daryl / Beth bonding, and the friendship growing between Carl and Michonne tickles me as well. c:

But yes, I'm half dreading this episode too because I think it's going to emotionally scar me. This show is good at doing that. xd

Tiny Friend

meow-with-me
Seeing Michonne able to smile and connect to other people was SO satisfying.
To be honest I didn't think it was possible for someone like her when she was first introduced all
badass and not feeling.
As for Daryl and Beth, I briefly forgot they ran from the prison together so it was pretty
surprising to see their interactions but it was also great.

aahh It's an hour until the show and I don't know what to do. xD

Tipsy Bloodsucker

tiny grass

Oh I know, I love how she has opened up! Cold badass Michone is great, but I like her even better now that her personality has lightened up a bit.

And yea, I don't know if I ship Daryl and Beth as a couple or anything, but their bonding was nice to see, and we got to see a different side of Daryl too which was awesome!

I know, I'm getting so nervous for this episode it's probably unhealthy. xd

Tipsy Bloodsucker

oOo Tragic Melody OoO

I agree completely about Terminus being a bad place, the name alone gives me bad vibes.

My gut feeling is telling me that Beth will die (if she isn't already dead), and that she won't be the only one. We're in for quite a show in any case, I'm sure.

Cuddly Puppy

meow-with-me
oOo Tragic Melody OoO

I agree completely about Terminus being a bad place, the name alone gives me bad vibes.

My gut feeling is telling me that Beth will die (if she isn't already dead), and that she won't be the only one. We're in for quite a show in any case, I'm sure.

Yeah.

Ambrosyne's Waifu

Sparkly Lunatic

User Image

I'm excited yet terrified for it since Kirkman said it's going to be savage and people will be talking about it until October. gonk

User Image

Ruthless Hellraiser

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hellraiser 500
meow-with-me
I am super excited for this episode, but also super scared. But mostly excited!

I definitely think that Terminus is bad news. Putting aside that this is the season finale, and having Terminus actually be a safe haven would make for a pretty boring finale, it's just the nature of the show. Give them hope, and then violently snatch it away. It is heart wrenching, but it makes for good tv.

I am very anxious to learn Beth's fate most of all. Some are hinting that a priest mentioned in the comics took her away in that car. (I haven't kept up with the comics too much, so that theory is up in the air for me). There is also the theory that Mary and her group captured Beth and cooked her (if in fact they are the cannibals that everyone is predicting they are).

As far as who dies, I hope it's not Maggie! gonk I was traumatized enough when Hershel was killed, and if she dies I will be distraught because I love the Greene family. ): And imagine what it will do to poor Glenn!

All in all, I have to say this was a very good season! The disease outbreak was a very interesting twist that kept everyone on their toes, and the return (and demise) of the Governor was obviously action-packed and heart wrenching as well.

An emotional roller coaster for sure, and I think it's only going to get more intense before it's over!

I'm pretty much goin' with this.

As far as who's gonna bite it, I'm most worried about Maggie and/or Glenn, and Carol.

It definitely seems like the moment from the comics where Rick and the Marauders meet , is gonna happen, and I for one cannot wait!
Poor Carl though.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I can't even deal with waiting.. I will cry if it's Beth who dies.. Mainly because she was FINALLY standing up for herself, and trying to become more than just the baby sitter...

I didn't think about Judith.. Ugh. I don't know if I will be able to deal with a baby dying.

Popcorn is about to be made. UGH.

I do have a feeling it will be Maggie, due to foreshadowing ( maybe? )

Or maybe it will be somebody we aren't expecting?!
Ugh. Ugh.

Ambrosyne's Waifu

Sparkly Lunatic

User Image

Hereee we go.

User Image

yaimerys's Princess

Ambrosyne's Waifu

Sparkly Lunatic

User Image

OH COME ON. NO HERSHEL FEELS >,<

User Image