Welcome to Gaia! ::

g00dfellas's Significant Otter

Interesting Bookworm

7,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I think she did. If she had not killed Lizzie then Judith would have died, and maybe Tyreese and Carol as well. But also, I don't think it was the right thing to do. Lizzie was just a kid. A crazy kid... I think what Carol did, was right. Mostly. stare I DON'T WANT BABY JUDITH TO DIE!

Invisible Phantom

6,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Carol definitely did the right thing. The girl was completely out of her mind, her sister even knew this, but still tried reasoning with her. In that type of situation, it's an eye for an eye. Besides, did anyone else find it odd how she went from being scared, to being "strong" and murderous towards the walkers, back to being scared, then just murderous and wanting people to turn?
Also, do you guys think she was on medication before for her mental illness, or do you think it had to do with the apocalypse?

Ruthless Hellraiser

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hellraiser 500
Acid Undead
Carol definitely did the right thing. The girl was completely out of her mind, her sister even knew this, but still tried reasoning with her. In that type of situation, it's an eye for an eye. Besides, did anyone else find it odd how she went from being scared, to being "strong" and murderous towards the walkers, back to being scared, then just murderous and wanting people to turn?
Also, do you guys think she was on medication before for her mental illness, or do you think it had to do with the apocalypse?

I think there was somethin' off with her before the apocalypse. Her sister Mika seemed to have a lot of knowledge about her sister's triggers, and how to calm her down (Look at the flowers like you're supposed to). Poor girl didn't stand a chance.

Invisible Phantom

6,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
The Governor of Woodbury
Acid Undead

I think there was somethin' off with her before the apocalypse. Her sister Mika seemed to have a lot of knowledge about her sister's triggers, and how to calm her down (Look at the flowers like you're supposed to). Poor girl didn't stand a chance.

I agree. Plus,
before her dad died he told carol to keep an extra eye on her, and also mentioned it to Mika before he died (If I'm not mistaken)
Unfortunately yes.

Vicious Cutie-Pie

23,350 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
Lizzie killed her sister and wanted to kill Judith! Of coarse Carol did the right thing crying

Shy Sweetheart

10,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I think she did the right thing. Lizzy was not fit to live in that kinda world. She was stuck in fairy land.

Mega Noob

8,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Megathread 100
Well, as a social worker specializing in child, youth, and adolescents reentry into society, I constantly nagged at this episode with what I would have done in place of Carol. She didn't handle it well at all, she just sat back, let Lizzie be, and just simply stopped her from actions. She should have leveled with Lizzie, told her that maybe Mika doesn't want to change and that they believe her. Sure, she became a sociopath, but even Hershel snapped out of that and he's lived with the same notion Lizzie has for a lot longer. It was just a phase for her. She wasn't hopeless.

I say no. That's why I'm not a fan of Carol. She seems useless. Any kid that comes near her dies. Keep Carl away from her.
midnight_angel628
Well, as a social worker specializing in child, youth, and adolescents reentry into society, I constantly nagged at this episode with what I would have done in place of Carol. She didn't handle it well at all, she just sat back, let Lizzie be, and just simply stopped her from actions. She should have leveled with Lizzie, told her that maybe Mika doesn't want to change and that they believe her. Sure, she became a sociopath, but even Hershel snapped out of that and he's lived with the same notion Lizzie has for a lot longer. It was just a phase for her. She wasn't hopeless.

I say no. That's why I'm not a fan of Carol. She seems useless. Any kid that comes near her dies. Keep Carl away from her.

sometimes you have to accept that some kids are beyond help.

hershel was nothing like her. hershel was sheltered from the whole walker thing so he never experienced one walking away from bullets unharmed like shane showed him (the only GOOD thing shane ever did) then he quickly snapped out of it.

lizzie knew exactly what they were but she was too stupid to make the connection. carol did the right thing, no question.

Ruthless Hellraiser

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hellraiser 500
midnight_angel628

See..in the world of The Walking Dead, society as we know it is non-existent. Everything you know about the world we all live in does not apply in a post-apocalyptic landscape. It was clear f rom Lizzie's first appearance that she was a little girl with very real mental 'issues'. In our world, we have the benefit of therapy, medication, social work - in the Walking Dead, there's none of that.
Lizzie was a danger to others and to herself. She showed numerous psychopathic tendencies - dismembering rodents "for fun", hearing "voices" when she "talked" to the Walkers, inability to register that what she'd done to Mika was wrong (she was upset when she thought Carol was mad at her for pointing a gun at her, not for killing her sister) - there was no other option but to kill Lizzie.
It'd be inhumane to turn her loose and leave her for the walkers.

Conservative Sex Symbol

10,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Waffles! 25
I think her dying was a good thing, If they hadnt gotten there quick enough, she'd kill the baby.

But I think leaving her with Mika's body is too much. I mean, they're humans. They have feelings, shes just a kid. Putting her out of her Misery right there and then is the right thing

Dapper Shapeshifter

Sadly i think Carol did the right thing. We have to remember that they are in a completely different situation than we are.
Lizzie was mentally unstable and a threat to everyone around her.
Its sad that she had to go so young but there really was nothing else Tyrese or Carol could have done for her. She needed more help than they could offer her; she was mentally not right and she needed a professional.
Sadly in their world if you are a threat you need to be dealt with it whether youre a child, and adult, an animal, or a walker. A threat is a threat.

Edgy Fatcat

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Magical Girl 50
It was definitely the best thing to do. She was traveling with people who were fighting to survive in a world swimming in the undead. She was not only a danger to herself but a danger to everyone else.

How are you supposed to have a fighting chance when you have this little girl trying to befriend zombies and prove they're not different from the living?
I swear I'll do whatever it takes to keep little Judith safe.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff