Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Lunatic

Place to leave updated writing and RP samples.

Don't mind the mess.

Currently I'm lacking actual RP samples since I've been out of the game for 10 years at this point. sweatdrop I've got some miscellaneous writings that I'm working on posting.

Dapper Lunatic

Tiz Trueforge
You could sooner divert a river from its course than deny my nature.

▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼

Sonofabitch. I kissed him. The nagging thought came to her again as she left his office. It was a thought she could not easily shake. I drunk-kissed my boss’s son, who is also sorta my boss. She groaned, but kept her pace steady in case any eyes were on her.

Why? Why would you do that, stupid? As soon as she asked herself, she knew the answer. Although it didn’t help the situation. It solved absolutely nothing. Still, she continued to mentally kick her own a**. Again.

It was times like this she wished she were back home. At least she had Theoden to talk to - or Stelderth, if she absolutely had to. Since she moved to Baldur’s Gate, she had kept to herself - truly only befriending Daldrom. Peony was nice, but they weren’t friends outside the ring. Conalt, the strange Aasimar, was gorgeous - and tall! - but a little too goodie-two-shoes. On the opposite side of the spectrum was the Reaper… She steered clear of the overly intimidating drow. Not that she had ever gotten along with elves in the first place. Mara, Balthasar’s old bodyguard, was possibly the least personable person she had ever met. And that was saying something. Then there was The Kid. He was… Well. He was different.

You had to go and kiss your ONE friend, you frickin’ dumbass, She thought as she gathered all her supplies for the trip back to the inn where she stayed. Of course you’d find the first cute dwarf who can hold his own in a fight. It figures! She slung her giant greataxe across her back nonchalantly. Not that I haven’t been with a human or two - or the half-orc, She added silently. But I certainly do have a type. And most dwarves just happen to fit that type.

She gathered all her things, patted herself down to double check, and began to leave as she considered her past romantic escapades. Most weren’t worth considering, seeing as they all ended the same way.

Daldrom’s words echoed in her mind: “Were you promised before or after Stelderth?”

At least she had been honest. She had never been with him while promised to another. Not that they hadn’t been tempted - or come close. But at the end of the day, they both had to admit that they valued their families and their own obligations far too much. Besides, Stelderth always had a soft spot for his betrothed. Of course it would be Dredna. It was always Dredna.

Thoughts of her own betrothed came to her mind, but she brushed them away with a shake of her head. There were few things in life that interested her less than Silvyr.

At least Daldrom doesn’t seem to hold it against me, She considered happily. He’s much too nice for that.

She recalled something or other that he said about never having an interest in an elf before. Although she shouldn’t feel disappointed, the feeling creeped into her mind nonetheless. It wasn’t a surprising notion - most people, regardless of good intentions, tended to keep to their own race. It was just a natural inclination.

Except for me, apparently.

Dapper Lunatic

Ashryn Cailar
Witch Queen

“I’ll take second shift,” Ashryn offered to the group. It was nearly dusk when the group tied off their horses and prepared for the night in the woods. Second shift was the most difficult, but necessary. They had traveled for the better part of the day and were entirely worn out after fending off bandits.

“Me too,” Diox piped up, ignoring the disapproving look that Shasta sent him.

“Good,” Ash noted plainly, pleased to have his keen eyes on the job.

While the others discussed their plans for the night watch, Ash set up the tent and retrieved her journal to mark down the day’s notes. Coin flitted to her side, head tilted slightly for a moment as he studied her preparing her quill.

He sounded eager. The little green dragon said slyly in their secret language.

Who? The elf responded absentmindedly, writing the date with a flourish.

Him.

Him, who? Ash sighed, not bothering to look up at the lizard as she began her notes. She liked to keep records of their adventuring and, although she was no artist, enjoyed sketching their sights and interesting new discoveries.

Your partner on the second shift, Coin said dryly.

Diox? She asked curiously, still not looking up from her papers. The little green dragon chirped, wrapping himself around her neck and with the top of his snout, he pushed her chin up gently. As he did, she looked up in the direction she was being nudged, to see the changeling watching her. In an instant, his eyes diverted to assembling his tent several yards away.

Ashryn pursed her lips and gently pushed Coin away. Stop that.

He watches you. Coin noted coyly.

People often watch other people. She huffed. You wouldn’t understand.

He smiles at you.

And I smile at him, Ash said sharply. And Wozzie, and Nesta…

You don’t see it? Even I see it and I’m only a familiar.

You’re a pain is what you are. Ashryn dropped her quill to look the little menace in the eyes. What would you like me to say? That he is attracted to me? Yes, I’ve noticed that much - I’m not entirely daft. I’m thin, I’m moderately attractive - yes, I can see that he finds me a pretty thing to watch. Coin let out a sound similar to a purr and landed beside her on the ground, looking up to her with an almost unreadable expression. He sat silently, watching her.

What are you waiting on? She demanded. The little dragon said nothing, knowing his mistress all too well. It’s puppy love, Coin. Nothing more. He’s a tenth of my age - he and Shasta, as much as I adore them, will only live a fraction of my lifespan if they’re lucky.

She exhaled sharply and bit her tongue, wishing this frivolous conversation would shortly come to an end. She retrieved her quill and began to write once more. Besides, She added, too quickly for her own liking, but unable to stop herself. He’s entirely too… immature. He’s only twenty, yes? That’s… that’s so young! As if I would… As if I could…

Her words trailed off for a moment. She took a breath. Once she started on a train of thought, it was hard to remove herself from it. At merely twenty years old, he doesn’t know what he wants in life, Coin. Not really. The person he is now won’t be the same person in a mere decade - his people live such short lives, they are constantly changing and evolving. She looked at Coin, exasperated.

And yet… He said slyly.

The elf sighed and looked back to where Diox was setting up his tent. He seemed to have gotten distracted and was talking with Wozzie. The two were laughing about something - Diox nearly buckled over, hand to his chest as he was caught up in the moment. In the setting sun, his white skin looked warm, soft. His eyes squinted with peals of laughter, nearly closed, as his smile broke across his entire face. For a moment, she just watched.

“And yet…” Ashryn whispered.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces