Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Seeker

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
After a long and busy lifetime, building, creating, loving, hating, fighting, compromising, failing, succeeding, the Fool feels a profound need to retreat. In a small, rustic home deep in the woods, he hides, reading, cleaning, organizing, resting or just thinking. But every night at dusk he heads out, traveling across the bare, autumnal landscape. He carries only a staff and a lantern.

It is during these restless walks from dusk till dawn, peering at and examining whatever takes his fancy, that he sees things he's missed during his lifetime. His lantern illuminates animals and insects that only come out at night, flowers and plants that only bloom by moon or star light.

As these secret corners of the world are illuminated and explored by him, he feels that he is also illuminating hidden areas of his mind. In a way, he has become the Fool again. As in the beginning, he goes wherever inspiration leads him. Back then, however, his staff rested on his shoulder, carrying unseen his pack. The Fool was like the pack: wrapped up, unknown. The Hermit's staff leans out before him now, not behind. And it carries a lantern, not a pack. The Hermit is like the lantern, illuminated from within by all he is, capable of penetrating the darkness.

~

The Hermit Tarot card suggests that you are in a phase of introspection where you are drawing your attention and focus inward and looking for answers within. You have a strong need to understand, not just at the surface level but to really know why life is the way it is. The Hermit reflects that your consciousness has moved inward and you now realise that the truth and understanding you seek is within yourself and not in the distractions of the outside world. This is a perfect time to take a step back from your day-to-day life and deeply contemplate your motivations, personal principles and values.

The Hermit reflects that you are engaging in a period of soul searching. You want to seek the truth at all costs. You desire a new direction in life and, as a result, have recently begun a journey of self-discovery and contemplation. There comes a point in life when we begin to question the status quo, knowing that there is a deeper meaning to life, and thus, we begin to search for it. This search is mainly a solitary quest because the answers do not lie in the external world but within us. Thus, the Hermit Tarot card indicates a time when you seek solitude and isolation from others. You need to be alone and you want to withdraw from the world around you. This is so that you can retreat further into your own private world and experience a deep sense of seclusion.

Through meditation, contemplation and self-examination, you may begin to re-evaluate your personal goals and change your overall direction. You will look at your life with a deeper, more spiritual understanding and will begin to change some of your priorities as a result. There is a certain level of spiritual attainment that is associated with the Hermit. The appearance of the Hermit in a Tarot card reading suggests that you need to develop the true power of a spiritual master through deep introspection. Be content with being alone or associate only with those on your level. Do not waste time and energy on those not ready or not worthy.

The Hermit represents the desire to turn away from a consumerist or materialistic society to focus on the inner world. Have you ever seen the movie or read the book, “Into the Wild”? After graduating from university, top student and athlete Christopher McCandless abandons his possessions, gives his entire $24,000 savings account to charity and hitchhikes to Alaska to live in the wilderness on his own. Whilst his story has a sad and tragic ending, his journey into the wild reminds me a lot of the Hermit, who seeks answers within and knows that they will come only with quiet and solitude.

The Hermit has learned to help others with love and compassionate detachment. This Tarot card indicates that you have gone beyond the point of being critical and you can now understand and appreciate that the varied paths people choose for themselves all lead to the same higher purpose. You have reached a high enough level of spiritual attainment yourself that you no longer need to convince others of what they should do. You can honour silence and allow your inner light to shine out towards others as a means of communication.

Meditating on the Hermit Tarot card teaches you to honour the wisdom within yourself. You must find your own light, shine it on your soul and create your own special path. Through meditation and visualisation, the Hermit allows you to get in touch with the wise person inherent within you.

Upright: Soul-searching, introspection, being alone, inner guidance
Reversed: Isolation, loneliness, withdrawal

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Conservative Seeker

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

__

Basics____________________________________________________________
      Name: Kurosawa, Oni
      AKA: Kuro-chan
      Education: Third Year
      Preference: Asexual

__

Physical___________________________________________________________
      Height: 5'4"
      Body Build: Oni has somewhat of a slender figure, but it is more than obvious that she has no muscle strength. Though slim, she still has some leftover baby fat, particularly in her upper arms and cheeks. Her skin is rather pale, since she hardly ever leaves the house, and it is also quite smooth. She has a faded scar on her left bicep, due to a minor accident she had as a young child.
      Hair: A dark chocolate brown, Oni's hair color is usually mistaken for a lead black color. She prefers to keep her hair simply short, since she believes long hair only brings her down. Since she takes her showers early in the morning, her hair naturally curls along the sides of her face.
      Eyes: Oni's eyes are a russet color, and, depending on the lighting, they usually look red. Due to her mother's influence, she also applies mascara to her eyelashes, giving her eyes a popping-out effect.

__

Apparel___________________________________________________________
      Accessories: Being dressed up a lot as a child by her mother, this affected Oni's love for bows and ribbons. She is always seen wearing one or the other on her head. She also carries a navy blue teddy bear everywhere she goes, like how one carries a good luck charm to get through the day. Due to previous experiences at other schools, she keeps her bear in her leather, black schoolbag during class so it would not be taken away. Plus, she owns her own black laptop.
      Style: On the weekends, Oni wears lacy dresses that her mother shipped from Europe, as well as a pair of Mary Janes to accompany the look. During the few times that she does go out, she wears a casual outfit (usually a tank top and a pair of jeans) so she does not draw any attention to herself. Of course, at school, she wears her Gekkoukan High school uniform.

__

Attitude___________________________________________________________
      Quirks: Not only is Oni incredibly shy, but she also finds everyone around her to be untrustworthy. Due to being picked on throughout elementary school, she would rather not interact with others. She often talks to her dolls, particularly her teddy bear, as a way of self-comforting. She appears to be a very neutral character, but enough time of isolation in her own home made her omit the appropriate times to express a certain emotion. She truly believes that if she somehow actually made friends, then she would, in time, lose them, like her father and mother.
      Hobbies & Likes: She loves holding normal conversations with her dolls and stuffed animals, usually telling them about her day. On her lower days, she would play Pretend with them - dressing up in very nice clothing, holding a little tea party, you name it. Also, Oni enjoys going onto her computer, exploring the internet and talking to others, pretending to be someone "better". She especially likes learning about random facts, sometimes mixing them up with her school work. Her favorite color is red, followed by white. She also holds a guilty pleasure for soft drinks, and she thoroughly enjoys horror movies.
      Dislikes: Oni really dislikes whenever someone directly approaches her, and it's especially worse when they continue to pester her without a faltering halt. Plus, she does not like being in a room with so many other individuals, finding them to be rather annoying with their constant noises. What really hurts her is when someone nearby openly brags about their parents, especially their father. She still does not like it when her mother leaves her home alone for a long period of time, but that fact cannot be helped. Her least favorite color is orange.

__

Persona___________________________________________________________
      Arcana: Hermit
      Persona: Banshee and Ongyo-Ki
      Abilities: Bufu, Mabufu, Dia
      Weapon: Chakram

__

Etcetra____________________________________________________________
      History: Oni Kurosawa lives alone with her mother in a house that is far too large for them. Children and adults alike would gossip over the history of this house. Why would a family of two live in a house this enormous? Little children told tales that the two females were actually witches, and had eaten others that had resided in their home. Others came up with more reasonable theories, like the house was a sort of family inheritance.
      In actuality, the house was purposely built that way just for the Kurosawa family. Originally commissioned by Oni's father, they had intended to create a bigger family, so that their only child would have several siblings. Unfortunately, sickness had claimed her father's life, leaving the young Oni and her mother to live alone in the house. This was a major point in the child's life, for she lost the figure that brought complete joy to her.
      With her mother working full-time to finish paying for the house, and with no father figure, Oni was more than often left alone in the immense house. As a shy child, she found herself too afraid to interact with the neighborhood children. Instead, she would play with her dolls and stuffed animals. As the years passed, she would place her toys all over the house, especially in the vacant rooms, so when she would pass them by, she could hold brief conversations with the inanimate objects.
      Even as a young adult, almost finished with high school, Oni still holds conversations with her dolls. She even labelled her favorite toy - a blue teddy bear named Mutsuki - as her best friend. She attempts to befriend one of the students in her school, but only because her mother asked that, worried for her health. Even so, Oni remains withdrawn, only seeking solace from her teddy bear.
      One night, Oni had been staying up later than usual. She noticed that the moon in the night sky had looked rather queer. Curious, she found herself drawn to it, so she took a daring step and went outside to get a better look, with Mutsuki in her arms. Once outside, something else had caught her attention: these strange, dark creatures that lurked about the street.
      Oni believed that this was simply a dream, and that she had "watched one too many horror films". Even when under attack, being roughly rammed against the trunk of a tree, her belief did not falter. Before anything serious could happen, a boy with white hair killed the creatures before ranting about how stupid she was for being out there during the Dark Hour. Oni, not realizing the reality of the situation, commented on how rude her subconscious was.
      Being taken to a dorm, Oni was encountered by a woman with thick, red hair, who proceeded to tell her that she had a sort of potential; a gift that allows her to be active during the Dark Hour. She was explained to about the Dark Hour, as well as those creatures, called Shadows. Oni still found it all to be sketchy, but she was eventually convinced that this was not a dream at all. Rather reluctant, she agreed to join SEES, mostly to have her own dorm room. A small room was better than a nearly vacant house, right? Oni left her mother a note, just in case, but to this day, she still believes that the note has been left unread.
      Theme Song: "You Are My Love" by Yui Makino
      Extra: Journal
      * Mild case of hemophobia.
      * Should a major switch occur, Oni has the potential to suffer as a hikikomori.

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Conservative Seeker

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Family

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Father
    Name: Kurosawa Yoshi

It's funny, I suppose. Otousan was a day younger than Okaasan. I always figured that if one day, should she die, he would die the very next day. Obviously, that was not the case...
      I have many fond memories of him. We would always play in the front yard. Sometimes, he would let me sit on his shoulders and pretend that I was flying, and other times, he would push me on the swing. We would even take that long walk down the road just to get some ice cream. Come to think of it, he was always taking me outside. I wonder how much tanner I would be if he was still doing this today...?
      No, that's silly. I'm just trying to set me up with these negative emotions.
      Otousan used to have a good job, working as a business manager. We were an appropriately wealthy family. With the salary that he earned, he was able to afford their dream home. Unfortunately, that dream died.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Mother
    Name: Kurosawa Koishi

Okaasan used to always dress me up. So did Obaachan before she passed away. I'll admit, I picked up this little fashion sense of mine from her. Sometimes, I believe that it's only because I want to hang onto the past.
      Ever since Otousan's passing, she hasn't been the same. There was hardly ever a smile on her face. Now, she works in the market to pay off the debt for the house. She really wants to keep this place. Honestly, I just want her to stay home with me. Even if it's for one day.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Teddy Bear
    Name: Mutsuki

My best friend. Okaasan bought him for me as a birthday present soon after Otousan's passing. I entrust all of my confessions and secrets to him. When you spell his name in hiragana, it almost translates to "nothing to take". I could possibly die should anything happen to him. (Obviously an exaggeration, but I don't get to do that often, do I?)

Conservative Seeker

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200

S.E.E.S.

Name: Ohayashi Kouki
        Arcana: The Death

"He's noble" is a simple way of putting it. I do not see any reason to dislike him.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Name: Ishikawa Katsuo
        Arcana: The Strength

He is a decent leader, though I strongly believe he underestimates himself.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Name: Hidaka Misaki
        Arcana: The Magician

She is fairly nice, and seemingly a well leader for the females of the team.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Name: Kiyoshi Hiroshi
        Arcana: The Hanged Man

He is - to put it simply - brutal, and rather rude.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Name: Tachibana Takashi
        Arcana: The Lovers

I've never noticed the fact that he was in my class before joining S.E.E.S. (Then again, I don't pay attention to anyone in class, so it's to be expected.) He almost seems like a male variant of me. Isn't that amusing?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Name: Yama Lupine
        Arcana: The Chariot

tba

Conservative Seeker

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Art

Concept Art
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Art by Others
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Art for Others

Miscellaneous
    n/a

Conservative Seeker

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kurosawa Oni | Hermit | Banshee
      In you and I, there's a new land
      Angels in flight
      wonk uoy naht noitceffa erom deen I
      My sanctuary - my sanctuary, yeah

Snooki était toujours à l'hôpital. Elle avait des grands problèmes. Elle n'était pas en plein forme. Docteur Eudy lui a posé quelques questions. Est-ce que tu bois assez d'eau? Snooki a répondu non. Est-ce que tu te nourris bien? Snooki a répondu oui je ne saute jamais de repas. Est-ce que tu grignotes entre les repas? Snooki a répondu «oui je mange toujours des cornichons.»

Docteur Eudy lui a donné du conseil. Tu dois boire cent litre de jus d'orange par semaine. Tu dois bien te nourrir tu dois manger des légumes et des fruits. Tu dois manger des pommes de tater et des pommes. Tu doi manger des oignons.

Tu dois faire des courses en talons hauts et tu dois t'entrainer pour être en pleine forme. Snooki dit out je veux bien me nourrir et je veux être en plein forme.

~

It had been a moment before I realized that my alarm clock had been going off. I slurred from under the covers, feeling like a zombie. As my head popped up, my groggy eyes looked over at the clock. 5:37am. In one lazy movement, I slapped the clock, shutting the alarm off. Great, another day of work. Elizabeth and I decided that our schedule would be from six to three. Then, as bonus hours, we would work from four to one in the morning. It was a lot of work, but we needed the money. It had only been a month since my mother passed away, but I've been unstable with my life. That's why I work at Happy Burger with my best-friend-since-sixth-grade.

After recollecting my mind, I climbed out of bed before getting ready. After about ten minutes, when I had just finished putting on my apron and nametag, I returned to the restroom to use my fully charged straightener. I was only able to do my bangs and some of my foremost right hair before I heard the door. "Come on! What are you doing? Do you want us to be late?"

Peering at the mirror before me, I saw the reflection of Elizabeth standing behind me. After thinking for a second, I mentally facepalmed myself as I grumbled, "Is it really this late already?" Rolling her eyes, Elizabeth commanded as she headed out the door, "Forget the hair!" Puffing out my cheeks, I argued, "Says you!" I mean really, no one's hair is naturally curly and perfect when up in a bun.

Despite this, it did not matter because she was right. If I continue to take my time like this, then we would be late for sure. After straightening some of the hair on my left side, I immediately unplugged my straightener. While the iron was still hot, I lazily straightened the back of her hair, all the while running out the door.

Where fears and lies melt away
      Music inside
      wonk uoy naht noitceffa erom deen I
      What's left of me - what's left of me now

Estimated status: ------

Conservative Seeker

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Short steps, deep breath
      Everything is alright
      Chin up, I can't
      Step into the spotlight

Snooki était toujours à l'hôpital. Elle avait des grands problèmes. Elle n'était pas en plein forme. Docteur Eudy lui a posé quelques questions. Est-ce que tu bois assez d'eau? Snooki a répondu non. Est-ce que tu te nourris bien? Snooki a répondu oui je ne saute jamais de repas. Est-ce que tu grignotes entre les repas? Snooki a répondu «oui je mange toujours des cornichons.»

Docteur Eudy lui a donné du conseil. Tu dois boire cent litre de jus d'orange par semaine. Tu dois bien te nourrir tu dois manger des légumes et des fruits. Tu dois manger des pommes de tater et des pommes. Tu doi manger des oignons.

Tu dois faire des courses en talons hauts et tu dois t'entrainer pour être en pleine forme. Snooki dit out je veux bien me nourrir et je veux être en plein forme.

~

It had been a moment before I realized that my alarm clock had been going off. I slurred from under the covers, feeling like a zombie. As my head popped up, my groggy eyes looked over at the clock. 5:37am. In one lazy movement, I slapped the clock, shutting the alarm off. Great, another day of work. Elizabeth and I decided that our schedule would be from six to three. Then, as bonus hours, we would work from four to one in the morning. It was a lot of work, but we needed the money. It had only been a month since my mother passed away, but I've been unstable with my life. That's why I work at Happy Burger with my best-friend-since-sixth-grade.

After recollecting my mind, I climbed out of bed before getting ready. After about ten minutes, when I had just finished putting on my apron and nametag, I returned to the restroom to use my fully charged straightener. I was only able to do my bangs and some of my foremost right hair before I heard the door. "Come on! What are you doing? Do you want us to be late?"

Peering at the mirror before me, I saw the reflection of Elizabeth standing behind me. After thinking for a second, I mentally facepalmed myself as I grumbled, "Is it really this late already?" Rolling her eyes, Elizabeth commanded as she headed out the door, "Forget the hair!" Puffing out my cheeks, I argued, "Says you!" I mean really, no one's hair is naturally curly and perfect when up in a bun.

Despite this, it did not matter because she was right. If I continue to take my time like this, then we would be late for sure. After straightening some of the hair on my left side, I immediately unplugged my straightener. While the iron was still hot, I lazily straightened the back of her hair, all the while running out the door.

She said, "I'm sad..."
      Somehow without any words
      I just stood there
      Searching for an answer

Timid Sweetheart

10,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bookworm 100

Short steps, deep breath
      Everything is alright
      Chin up, I can't
      Step into the spotlight

~

She said, "I'm sad..."
      Somehow without any words
      I just stood there
      Searching for an answer

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff