Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx❜CLARENCE JEREMIAH MILLER
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxaka, kellin quinn

21 years old / / twin two / / male / / child of trisha jolene ilapotio miller // insomniatic colors
                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFirst off it's CJ, not Clarence. Not "Clare" not "Larry", CJ. He's not sure what religious nutjob snuck onto his mother's bed the night before he was born but to this day he still hasn't quite forgiven her for the monstrosity of a name she gave him. He considered changing it when he hit eighteen but when push came to shove it just wasn't worth it, besides drama was never his deal.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFrom a young age CJ always liked to consider himself the "fun" sibling, though to most it was the "troublemaking" sibling. It wasn't like he got into drugs, shaved the dog, or stole people's mail he just tended to be a handful. No meant yes, do not touch meant touch, and if it had wheels he'd be riding it. Luckily his mom caught on when he was young and kept the car keys away, otherwise that would've ended in disaster. There was just something in his system that made him crave that adrenaline rush, the utter thrill, of doing something exciting or different.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx While he was never much into drama, or being someone's shoulder to cry on, it seemed like he was pretty much the expected cuddle-buddy of the family (right along with Kenna). Despite never having many words of comfort to spare, or even effective hugs for that matter, he knew his place. He was basically dad, once he abandoned them that is. Part of him always hoped the old man would come back but then there was just something inside that told him to give it up. So it was up to him to keep the family together, the house up and running, and wipe the snot from his siblings drippy little noses...fun.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Combine all the schemes he came up with, crazy contraptions he built, and manipulative stories he spieled and you get the rabbit hole that was CJ's creativity. You could never quite reach the bottom and as you fell more and more unusual things started popping up, luckily it was more quirky than sadistic otherwise anyone within twenty miles would've been pretty much screwed. And while art was great and all, Kenna made sure he never went a day without having it shoved in his face, CJ had no interest in the life of a starving artist. Instead he turned to engineering, it was so physical that it kept him busy while giving him the chance to use the billions of ideas floating around in his head to solve real problems. This opened up so many doors, including a job at a local auto shop shortly after he turned sixteen. Sure, they had TONS of money but he'd be damned if he was going to let his money grubbing mother pay his way through life.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx While normally a very laid back, easygoing guy, at one point or another a layer of negativity started to form, and with all the bullshit stress slung over his shoulders slight anger issues came with it. Aside from toddlerhood CJ had never been very open when it came to things like feelings (and he'd be damned if he was ever caught crying EVER), so instead he bottled it up and from time to time he'd just...snap. It never got so bad he physically hurt any member of his family, preferring to break things or walls instead, but yelling was common as was the sound of a door slamming as he escaped out into the night. Of course he'd be back by morning, typically donning massive eye bags and an apologetic expression, but it still ate at him.
User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx❜GEOFFREY ZANE MILLER
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxaka, damon fizzy

14 years old / / the youngest / / male / / child of annabelle rose denks miller // insomniatic colors
                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSweetie pie, Zee...that's who he's always been. Always the attention-seeking, cuddle loving, son; despite this Zee is no stranger to loneliness. Having grown up in a fatherless, and mostly motherless, household he found himself often wandering about the estate on his own. His oldest brother tending to be off somewhere and Rosa just...well she was never really the affectionate type. This didn't make him bitter though, instead it provoked the kindness in him, the ability to feel pain and empathize, making him a very open-minded, and hearted, person.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLike his mother Zee was born with physically appealing genes (aka he's a good lookin' fella), and he knows it. Shortly after turning fourteen he did some serious thinking and made a pretty big choice based on this; he entered the realm of prostitution. Of course nobody in his family can know about this, ignoring the fact that his mom's a model there's always the concept that he's, well, the baby. If any of his siblings were to catch wind of it he's pretty sure s**t would just about hit the fan. His job actually makes him happy though, to an extent. It fills the void with fake love and touch, giving him at least something to grab onto emotionally rather than being completely isolated. Boy, girl, trans, it doesn't matter, he'll be with anyone who pays him, even if it's only a few bucks. Anything is better than nothing, he figures.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx While some people call it vain, he calls it taste. When it comes to Zee how you dress tells a lot you as a person, and he will judge you based on it. Often paired with the term "metrosexual" because of his tendencies to dress fashionably, and be conscious of it, it's rare you'll find him in just slacks and a t-shirt. This doesn't mean he spends millions of dollars on clothes, price doesn't matter; simply if it works and how you work it. Of course looks aren't everything, and he doesn't pretend they do, but there are certain parts of peoples' personalities that are literally worn on their sleeves and he looks for that.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx As odd as it might seem Zee's not the most outgoing guy on the planet, especially not at first. Casual encounters aren't a big deal, since he knows he'll probably never see the person again, but classmates/family/people obviously looking for friends are a bit of a different story. After the first or second meeting he tends to opens up pretty well and lets pleasant nature shine. He's not particularly hyperactive but at the same time he's not that shy guy in the corner who doesn't dare say a word, typically he's a solid in-between of the two.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx In the same way Zee is known for his open-mind he's also known for his inability to share. Even with all his siblings around, let's get real, he was raised in a richy house so there was always more than enough to go around. His things are his things, and that's the end of that story. You better come prepared if you're thinking about messing with anything that's his, because he will come after you and it won't be pretty. The same goes for people, if there's someone he becomes particularly attached to he doesn't take kindly to someone else entering the picture; it simply doesn't end well.
                                User Image
_______________________« _WE'RE ALL LOOKING FOR, SOMETHING TO TAKE THE PAIN AWAY ! _»
________██████████████████████████████████████████████████____love __ is __ just __ a __ chemical __ creation __ synthetic sensation
____________________________________________━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
___________________________________________________________________________ ___ IT FEELS LIKE YOUR BODY'S GETTING CLOSER___BUT YOU SEEM SO FAR AWAY__AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN _______
--

If he was honest...Zee didn't know how to feel. It was just too much happening at once, and while he never saw his father he couldn't say it didn't sting. 'Well..there goes another person who'll never say it.' He couldn't help but think to himself, an almost bitterness laced with the thoughts. Eyebrows furrowed together as he stared at his half empty room, cleared out to host some kid he'd never met before. Zee was by no means antisocial, in fact his clients friends would say the exact opposite, but it wasn't exactly his idea of fun to have to stick his own personal stuff into storage for someone he didn't even know.

Sighing as he slipped off the edge of his bed the youngest of the Millers (as far as he was concerned) approached his bedroom window with a curious look on his face. Watching as numerous cars pulled up into their driveway, letting out new faces and a multitude of people helping carry stuff in, he smiled a little. Maybe one family member was dead but an entire entourage of back ups had pretty much been thrown into their laps. 'Maybe it'll be fun, He reassured himself, rubbing at the back of his head. A little voice in the back of his nagged at him, this was a major "threat" to his "lifestyle", but he just had to shake it off; paranoia wasn't going to make things any easier, besides he'd managed to keep things under wraps so far, it'd be a snap.

Ditching the window in favor of actually going downstairs, he felt oddly alone once he realized none of his siblings had beat him to the punch. Awkwardly hovering near the base of the stairs the head maid instantly caught sight of him and ushered him towards the door. "H-Hey!" He argued, protest making it even up to his eyes, but she shook her head with a laugh, pushing him out the door. "Be polite, mijo." Sighing as she disappeared back inside he shrugged some before stepping out onto the porch; the scene was even crazier up close. Honestly he would've killed to have even one of his siblings there with him, but alas the odds were not in his favor. So with a deep breath he pushed his most welcoming smile onto his face before stepping off of the porch and towards closest car.

"Hey!" He greeted cheerfully, head tilting slightly as he watched a few people unload. "I know...this is a weird situation and all...but I just wanted to say hello. The name's Zee, nice to meet you.." He could only hope the family coming in was as friendly as the family already living inside the mansion's walls; if they weren't...things might get messy.
User Image
                                      тнε яεαℓ
                                      PRINCE CHARMING
                                      XXXXXMake a point to pick a new direction, to make a new connection. Is this what it feels like? Finding out I've got the guts to say anything.
                                      NICKNAME: Vincent/Vince
                                      PERSONALITY: secretive ๑ reckless ๑ confident ๑ naïve ๑ plucky
                                      FIVE FACTS:
                                      Moved from England to live with his Aunt (Seraphina Knight)
                                      Is an actual Prince, but second in line so no throne for him
                                      Has had no time to discover himself, so now he's trying everything
                                      Can't stand people who don't mind their own business
                                      Hates his accent so he tries to hide it and sound more "American"
                                      FACE CLAIM: Robbie Wadge
                                      PUPPET MASTER: insomniatic colors
User Image
                                      тнε яεαℓ
                                      GASTON
                                      XXXXXOh my, seems just like I don't try, look so good I might die, all I know is: Everybody loves me.
                                      NICKNAME: Zacharie
                                      PERSONALITY: cocky ๑ deceptive ๑ vain ๑ charismatic ๑ observant
                                      FIVE FACTS:
                                      Resents the lowly position he was given, but accepted it anyway
                                      Sick of being called stupid he spent time actually reading to become more educated, so far so good
                                      Could easily be Disneyland's spoke person, his people skills shine above all else
                                      Hates animals, all animals, and won't hesitate to kill one if need be
                                      Craves recognition and will do whatever it takes to get it
                                      FACE CLAIM: Luuk Van Os
                                      PUPPET MASTER: insomniatic colors
User Image
LUNA TWELVE FEMALE MAGPIE INSOMNIATIC COLORS
OBSERVANT // PURE // SOPHISTICATED // QUIET
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                                  Maybe it was because I had bumped into that older boy a few days ago but somehow I just knew today was going to be different. It hadn't been anything clear, it never is, but there was something in his mind...something that said change was coming, and did it ever. It had been forever since I'd seen the facility in such a state of panic and disarray, sirens blaring with the hum of shouts harmonizing together in a perfect state of utter chaos. I, on the other hand, knew better than to freak out at a time like this; why waste such an amazing opportunity? I may not have had a solid plan together, but if there was ever going to be chance for escape it was now and I wasn't about to let my thoughts get chewed up and then spat back out by anxieties.

Then, before I even had the chance to actually think things through, the door to my cage swung open and the sound of frantic footsteps vanished down the hallway. Fingers grazing the door as I instantly moved forward I saw the image of a young girl connected with the metal, and smiled softly. "Thank you." I whispered, even if there hadn't been a storm of noise around me nobody was around to hear anyway.

Glancing around, my eyebrows furrowing in concentration, I took a leap of faith and followed the lead of the person whom had granted me a chance at freedom and darted off in the direction I saw them going. Life practically blurred around me as I ran, unrelenting, down various hallways, eyes scanning for something familiar, anything familiar. Behind me I swore I heard swears and doors slamming open but I couldn't look back, if I did there would be no looking forward again. Soon enough lady luck threw me a bone, and before me was the beautiful sight I had seen in years: the exit.

Scrambling for the handle I threw the door open and from there things became flashes of desperation and color, autopilot kicking into gear with my young body. Feeling the wind as it slapped against my face I unfurled my wings, shuddering in excitement at how free that simple act made me feel, before running forward a few feet and kicking off into the air. Flapping my wings furiously I felt beads of sweat beginning to drip down my face, the tests I had been mainly used for weren't as physical as some children's were so it had been awhile since I'd truly exercised.

Heart pounding with adrenaline as I was lifted higher and higher into the sky, farther and farther away from the School, I held back a noise of shock as a shrill noise buzzed past my cheek. Glancing back in shock I saw a handful of scientists gathered outside the School's walls, their gazes varying in direction. One, however, was looking straight at me and his gun...well he was reloading. Breath hitching as an onslaught of bullets rained around me I propelled myself backwards, side to side, and loop-de-loop when needed; I was too close to go out like this.

Anxiety finally starting to bubble up from its hiding place in my heart I began my retreat, eyes catching sight of a few familiar figures amongst the clouds and meshed against the horizon line. 'They made it...' Who they all were I wasn't sure, but we were all the same so it didn't matter. Eyes locking onto one of the larger figures I decided it'd probably be best to follow, the same way I had when I'd been set free. Anything was better than being alone in such a big and wide world, at least for now.

Minutes turned into hours, and those hours felt like minutes. Seeing as I hadn't really had much time to scope out the world as it was nothing looked familiar, nothing had since I'd left. The prior explosions of emotion had been replaced by disconcerting silence, only to be broken by the rustling of treetops at the discretion of the wind. It wasn't too long ago but I'd lost sight of my guide, and now...well, I was lost.

'C'mon Luna, you can do this. Where did they go?' Settling on one of the top most branches of a nearby tree I kept quiet, eyes diligently scanning the area. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw something. It was nothing more than a flicker, but it was movement and that was enough for me. Turning fully I blinked as the sight of caves came into view, a wall of them really; aha!

Lifting carefully from the branches I made my way towards the caves, only to have a wave of nerves finally hit me just as I was landing on the ledge outside one of the entrances. The sound of voices filtered out, they were soft, harmless, but it was a group; they'd already grouped up. Twisting a lock of hair anxiously around my finger I bit my lip before peaking my head into the mouth of the cave. There was at least a handful of my school-mates sitting there, some more familiar than others, and I find myself at a loss for words.

I opened my mouth once, twice, three times before I finally could muster the will to say even the smallest greeting, "Hello." I need to learn to speak up, because I was fairly sure not even the air had heard me. Glancing between the many faces I offered a small smile, settling along the outermost ring of the group. Flickering my attention between the floor and the other avians I fell back into a silence, it had been a long time since I'd really gotten to talk with others; I just needed a minute...really.

❝ KYLE.BROFLOVSKI❞
                                has signed online!
                                ONLINE xx AWAY xx INVISIBLE xx BUSY xx OFFLINE

User Image
                                                  LISTENING!
                                                        A stupid riot about some stupid celebrity outside.

FEELING !
                                                        Annoyed.

LOCATION !
                                                        On my computer, dumbass.

████████████████████████████████████████████████ ( ) █████

User Image

Ugh, do the people in this town ever shut the hell up?
                                                                      WE GET IT BRITTNEY SPEARS IS HEADLESS AND SCREWING EVERYTHING, WHATEVER.
                                                                      ...I mean, hi.
                                                                      Maybe talking to some random people on the internet will help me ignore all this.

[Friendly Faces Everywhere --& LUKA!!
                                                                      Hey! I'm alive, I think a friend of mine just died but he'll be back in a few days. LOL.
                                                                      You new around here too?

[Friendly Faces Everywhere --& ASSASSIN.BORN!!
                                                                      WOW, you're a real live assassin?! That's sweet, dude!...er...chick.
                                                                      Sometimes I'm a paladin on the weekend, though undercover cop duty sometimes comes first.
                                                                      Stupid a** police officers don't get that I have a life...

❝ its a jersey thing ↻ kick the baby ◜c.captain JEWFRO❞
                                has signed online!

User Image
                                                  LISTENING!
                                                        Another rant from my mother downstairs...goddamit.

FEELING !
                                                        Annoyed.

LOCATION !
                                                        On my computer, dumbass.

User Image

[Friendly Faces Everywhere --& CHATROOM!!
                                                                      Jesus, it only took me like a million years to get signed on. This s**t better be worth it, I mean come on, if we're gonna be ******** antisocial wouldn't it be better to just text? That's one on one AND virtual; kills two birds with one stone. Eh, I guess even sleepy mountain towns like South Park have to have chatrooms.

...oooooh-kay now I'm just talking to myself, this is ******** weak.

Anyone online? I need a distraction from World War Sheila downstairs...

❝ ``「 F*CK YOU」↔ 凸(-_-) ❞
                                has signed online!

User Image
                                                  LISTENING!
                                                  FEELING !
                                                        Eh.

LOCATION !
                                                        By Stark's Pond; somehow this thing got on my phone.

User Image

[What Do You Want --& CHATROOM!!
                                                                      Jesus, it only took me like a million years to get signed on. This s**t better be worth it, I mean come on, if we're gonna be ******** antisocial wouldn't it be better to just text? That's one on one AND virtual; kills two birds with one stone. Eh, I guess even sleepy mountain towns like South Park have to have chatrooms.

❝ ☎ HONK!! for Canada 》вσу gєηιυs&&SEXBOMB ✺ ❞
                                has signed online!

User Image
                                                  LISTENING!
                                                  FEELING !
                                                        Amused.

LOCATION !
                                                        Detention.

User Image

[Wuh Wuh Whoaaa --& CHATROOM!!

User Image

_______________________« _AND I'LL BE GONE, GONE TONIGHT, THE GROUND BENEATH MY FEET IS OPEN WIDE ! _»
________████████████████████████████████████████████____the __ way __ that __ i __ been __ holding __ on __ too __ tight __ with nothing inbetween
___________________________________________________________________________ ___ WHEN I DIE THESE WORDS WILL BE WRITTEN ON MY STONE___WHEN I DIE THESE WORDS WILL BE WRITTEN ON MY STONE__WHEN I DIE THESE WORDS WILL BE WRITTEN ON MY STONE _______
--

It didn't take much to wake him up, sometimes it was like he had never fallen asleep in the first place, and that morning was no exception. Hearing soft footsteps and faint chattering downstairs Chance took the opportunity to greet the day. He wasn't a morning person, never had been, but he just happened to wake up early a lot of the time because of the early bird nature of his new home. Throwing on a lazy change of clothes, having slept in yesterday's, the sweatpants and red tee were good enough for him to step out of his room and head downstairs.

One might think that because he could practically pull a Speedy Gonzalez that Chance would just sprint downstairs but really...half the time he preferred to keep it slow. Every once in awhile he'd use it, usually in more subtle ways than not, but he wasn't a speed demon and that was just fine in his book. However, he was a bit lazy in the mornings and tended to just phase through things. The second his feet met the first floor landing he was starting to do it, rather than just walking into the living room he rubbed at his eyes as he went through the wall; he knew the exact spot that would put him near the sofa so that saved time.

Sparing a glance around the room he considered saying the traditional 'good morning' but felt like it had probably been said more than enough before he got there and instead just began leaning against the back of the sofa, peering over its edge to check their morning show choice. 'Frying pans...yeah my ex hit me with one of those a few times...' Came a random feminine voice over the sound of the television. Groaning he pushed off the couch and went into the kitchen, pulling open the fridge and starting to look over his options for food.

"Hi Moyna...Logan" He commented drowsily, still having not taken to calling her 'mom' yet, and Logan just because...well she was there too. He wasn't the most social of the kids but he still had manners, and knew better than to ignore someone if he was bothering to say hi to anyone. "I'm gonna go to the park today, so don't think I ran off or anything. I just don't wanna stay inside all day." He finally grabbed an apple from the far back corner of the fridge and turned around, actually locking his gaze on the two other people in the room. He offered them a light gaze, lips staying in a line, "I mean, unless I have something else I need to do."
BILLY JOE COBRA Baruch Jaron Spitznogle ;; eighteen ;; returning ;; male ;; insomniatic colors

link to samples
Aquamarin
cabin number: two

SPENCER WRIGHT Spencer Damon Lynch ;; sixteen ;; returning ;; male;; insomniatic colors

link to samples
Dallas Harder
cabin number: six

HICCUP HORRENDOUS HADDOCK III Marcelo Adriano Jimenez-Mendoza III ;; seventeen ;; returning ;; male;; insomniatic colors

link to samples
Alessandro De Marco
cabin number: eight
                                User Image

_______________________« _MY HEART'S A STEREO, IT BEATS FOR YOU SO LISTEN CLOSE! _»
________██████████████████████████████████████████████████____make __ me __ your __ radio __ and __ turn __ me __ up __ when you feel low
___________________________________________________________________________ ___ JUST SING ALONG TO MY STEREO___JUST SING ALONG TO MY STEREO__JUST SING ALONG TO MY STEREO _______
--

Torn between two separate conversations, one he knew revolved around him and the other...well...instigated by him Brandon was at a complete loss for which to really focus on. It was a narcissist's worst nightmare and dream come true all wrapped up into one painful combo. To an extent he was able to follow both fairly well, unfortunately he wasn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed so by the end of it the words had all melded together into one big blob of bleh-ness. "Yeah right, dude. Him on the other hand..." Feeling a pointed gaze on himself he turned toward his best friend, shooting him a s**t-eating grin; he may not have known what was going down but he figured it had to be something good. After all Spence' wouldn't be giving him a skeptical look if it was ba-...oh wait. Arms crossing almost in an instant as indignance took over, whatever it was Spence' was makin' him look like some kind of douchecanoe he just knew it.

It was pretty typical, they both did it, but it didn't stop him from feeling offended; he was too cool for this, it should be someone else being taunted! It was then that he realized he really needed to work on his listening skills. Having fallen out of cahoots with both conversations, having been too distracted by the one going on in his own head (it was how he got his best ideas, okay) he snapped himself out of it just in time to blankly stare at Jax; head tilted some as he tried to catch up with him. "Err....say that again Bruticus Jaximus?" The aura that he was finally get tuned back into hinted that he'd probably missed more than just the last words of the conversation, he'd honestly forgotten that he'd even talked to BB...gah multitasking really wasn't his thing. "He said we should hit the lake, clutch-bucket. Jeez, I'm amazed you even made it through camp last year."

Having not even noticed that Spencer had had time to finish off his conversation with Emmbro, and then some, he nearly toppled over at the sudden appearance. "GAH! Don't do that M. Night Shym-bro-lan! You're getting just about as weirdacular as the creepers in your movies." Given nothing more, and nothing else, than the simple quirk of an eyebrow Brandon's eyes narrowed in suspicion, earning a sigh. "Right. Anyway, I'm down. How about you Emmett? Feel like checkin' out the place?" Having turned slightly to call back into the cabin, obviously unsure if their voices were carrying well enough for the other cabin mate to hear, Spencer stepped out of the cabin and back into the main area out front. "Oh, whoa! You're...uh...Barnibus, right? Sorry, I totally didn't even see you there with captain drama-pants on the scene." Looking like he'd strained his brain for that one Brandon snickered as he could tell his bro squirmed between an easy hello and actually seeming like he paid attention; sometimes he was no more detail oriented than Brandon though, which was pretty damn bro-larious.

"Don't try to pin this one one me, Spence'. He was here before you were, mondo lamesauce dudenstein." Earning a warning glare Brandon backed off pretty much instantly, the last thing he needed was to have his style seriously cramped over something so pointless. Careful, he made sure he offered his "smile of peace" to his best bro before he jumped down from his spot by the cabin. "If you all 're lookin' to start a lake party though lets get things started! Whatcha say Barnibay? Let's go!"
                                User Image

_______________________« _IF EVERYONE CARED, AND NOBODY CRIED
IF EVERYONE LOVED, AND NOBODY LIED!
________██████████████████████████████████████████████████____if __ everyone __ shared __ and __ swallowed __ their __ pride __ then we'd see the day
___________________________________________________________________________ ___ WHERE NOBODY DIED___WHERE NOBODY DIED__WHERE NOBODY DIED _______
--

Marcelo would've given up his other leg if it meant getting out of the unbearably tense car ride any faster. While his younger siblings oblivious chattered amongst themselves in the backseat he was given no such break. Sat up perfectly straight in the passenger's seat as he did his absolutely damndest to avoid any unnecessary eye contact with his father he had begun counting down the minutes hours ago, and if his calculations were correct there was only forty, and a half, minutes left. Normally things wouldn't have been quite this bad but with wounds still fresh, metaphorical and literal, it was hard for things to be any less uncomfortable than they were right then.

Ever since the operation his father had treated him with even more casualness than he had in the past, praise was limited, and his overall tough-love policy seemed to have tripled. Honestly it made him glad that he'd suggested going back to camp again; of course he hadn't worded it as "Please I'll do anything, get me out of here!" it was more of a "I'll be out of the house for a few months so maybe people will give you a break.". While the last thing he truly wanted was for his town to just forget what happened and go on as if it were just a dream, that'd be the opposite of progression, it got had gotten him what he had wanted so there wasn't much room for complaint. Things had settled down in the past month or so but there was still so much gossip and nasty side glances that it was unbearable to be seen with him in public. To think he had once been like that...just the thought made him sick.

"Marcito, Marcito; look! We're here!" Eyes snapped to attention from their previously dazed state he realized his sister was right, they'd finally made it. An unintended grin stretched across his face, his siblings practically stampeded out of the minivan as he slowly stepped out. It was kind of bittersweet to think this time last year he'd been able to feel the ground under both feet and this year he was going to have a lot of questioning gazes to answer. Sure there was bound to be newcomers who'd have no idea it was something new but the rest...well...he'd just cross that road when he came to it. Allowing the entirety of the camp spirit to flow through for just a moment Marcelo closed his eyes before dropping his shoulders and moving back towards the trunk of the car where the rest of his family had gathered.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay, Marcito?"
                                          "Can I stay and help?"
                                          "Can I have your room until you get back?!"

An exasperated sigh escaping him at the onslaught of questions Marcelo instinctively rolled his eyes, "Yes, no and no. Thanks for coming out with me guys but seriously, I'll be fine. Plus you'll all probably become rock stars back in town without me around." Sensing a look of disapproval without even needing to see it he muttered some under his breath before he began dragging the backpack and two small suitcases he had packed from the trunk. "Really though, take care." Caught up in a whirlwind of goodbye hugs and whining he allowed things to flow naturally for the first minutes before he forcibly moved back away from the group. Looking at each familiar face he offered his typical goofy grin to each child and a serious expression to the only adult. "See you in a few months. Don't worry about me, it'll be fine."

It wasn't like he had completely mastered the art of walking again, it was a whole new experience compared to the simple activity it had once seemed to be. Coming to use the "mind over matter" approach Marcelo tended to take things one step at a time, even if it meant looking like the mild-cripple he was in the process. One day the patience would pay off and he'd be able to walk on both legs naturally again, but until then he'd just have to make do with what he could manage. Not looking back as he headed into the camp he listened to the fading sounds of his siblings' calls and missed the car pulling away all together. Instead he chose to fully immerse himself in his second chance at a second chance; sounds like a stupid mainstream club song, right?

The camp staff having already been notified about his new...development, for a lack of a nicer word, not a single one of them said an ill-chosen word as he went to get his cabin number. While he didn't mind talking with them he wanted to see the people he'd really be spending time with that summer and quickly excused himself, strolling across camp until a building marked "eight" came into sight. Excited he sped up just a bit, pushing open the door without hesitation as soon as it was within his reach only to find it was empty.

"...Should've figured." Plopping his stuff down onto the lower bunk in the far right corner, top bunk would've been practically a death sentence, he sat down on the mattress with a sigh. "Well, here goes nothing. Things don't have to be perfect but hopefully..." Trailing off into his own head he shook his head before he quickly stood up, "Should probably go before someone finds me mumbling to myself. Totally normal, Marcelo. Just a perfect first impression." Going back towards the cabin's front door he twisted the knob and stepped outside again. Noticing a tree nearby he paused a moment, thinking about when he had arrived, before going over to the mighty figure of nature and slumping down against it. "I've got a few minutes before orientation, I can spare some time."

Having a small notebook constantly in his back pocket, as well as pretty tiny pencil (overused to the extreme) he began scribbling out an idea that had come to him while he'd been in the car. While his dad actually approved of his inventions it just seemed like a bad time. Watching as each scratch turned into something of more and more resemblance to the picture in his head a small grin spread across his face. If anyone came up to the cabin he'd be around to see it and he had a few minutes to get some "work" done, so win-win.

User ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces