Anxious Cat

Anxious Cat

Quote:
intro post | roleplay | 905 words

User Image

████████████ ████ ████████████████████ ████████████████████████████ ████████

what is going on with my music P E Y T O N x A L L A R D xx O M E G A x W O L F

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxif I click on my
W H Y ' D x Y O U x T H I N K x I x G O T x T H E S E x T E E T H x F O R ? claws out call em out

There are two canines in the house. Peyton's parents know of one. That one is normal. Her name is Sparkles and she is a toy poodle. She belongs to the youngest daughter, Jocelyn. The unknown canine is named Peyton, who technically wouldn't call herself a "dog" because it's more of an improper term. "Werewolf" doesn't work much for her either, as it's kind of awkward, but it is the most accurate term for what she is.

The night before, she had been in her werewolf form. She couldn't remember much, except running for a long time, darkness, and lots of trees. That would explain why she slept so deeply, due to exhaustion. It was a little past noon when she woke up.

One thing Peyton had never told anyone, even her pack mates, was that not remembering what she had done in wolf form scared the s**t out of her. She was still relatively new to it, so Peyton didn't have as much control over herself as most of the others. She dreaded watching the news in case something had been her fault. Though being in wolf mode wasn't always something that could be forgotten.

As she realized what she was thinking about, she noticed her hands were gripping her matress very tightly, causing her worn, medium orange sheets to wrinkle. She relaxed her hands and noticed the wrinkles in the sheet move slightly, but changing what they looked like entirely.

Peyton stayed in bed for a while. She tried to adjust but the little movement made her muscles scream. She was, apparently, extremely sore from the night's run.

What had she been running from? Why?

"Kyyyla." she groaned. No response. "Kyla Kyla Kylaaaa." she called louder this time. She should be awake right now. She's always awake early. Peyton admired her for that kind of motivation. "Whaaaat." her sister called back. "Can you get me pain killer?" she tried to sound a little extra miserable. "I... yeah. Hold on." After about a minute Kyla came in. Peyton didn't ask why she took a little while and Kyla didn't ask why she needed it. They gave each other a lot of space. They talked for a while before Peyton answered her mom's call to help make lunch.

There was a brief conversation about Peyton with her mother, but the rest of the meal making left her out of the focus. "Try not to come home so late next time, okay? I know it's summer but that's kind of ridiculous. I don't want to have to set a curfew for you. Her mom crossed her arms. "Okay mom." Peyton nodded and stood with her feet touching. "Plus I don't want you setting a bad example for your sisters." Of course, one of her main jobs was to pretend she was better behaved than she really was.

The sister-portioned-sized meals weren't something she was in the mood for that day. She grabbed a muffin but immediately put it back. It clearly wasn't enough to sustain her. I know who's up for some food. She lazily got dressed, sloppily applied some mascara, and moved to her car. As she walked she noticed she could move a lot more comfortably than she could earlier on that morning. She left the car door open for a while to let the car cool down before she drove. Outside it was bright and burning hot. Warm days in this state were not something the residents were used to, including her. As she waited in the driver's sea, called a friend.

"Hey Lila baby! Still going with me to get my nose pierced later today? Call me back, bye." Lila was the older sister Peyton never had.

She took the route she knew well to her good friend's house. Peyton waltzed right into the house, just as she normally did, and plopped herself on Aislinn 's couch. She pulled her phone out of her bag. No new calls.

To: Liam
                                      hey, what are you doing today? :)
                                      - Peyton

She rolled up her jacket sleeves to find there was a new scar on her arm. It was shallow and about two inches wide. Most likely the result of contact with a sharp edge branch. It was from last night. She rolled her sleeves back down quickly. The girl then lay on her back and went limp as she waited for her friend to come downstairs.

After a few minutes, Peyton decided it was clear Aislinn was not coming down by herself any time soon. There was no sound in her house, except for the ones coming from Ash's room. That probably meant she was the only person in the house. Most likely. She sat at the bottom of the stairs and began singing "Baby One More Time" in a high-pitched tone and a loud volume.

"My loneliness is killing me aaand III." she danced up the stairs. By the time she finished the chorus she was three-fourths of the way up the flight. Outside her friend's door, she reached "Oh baby baby, the reason I breathe is yooou," and poked her head in the room. "Hey do you wanna go to Starbucks? I could go for a frap right now." She sat at the edge of her bed. "And hi!" she added after she realized she had forgotten that part. "How was your day yesterday?" She crossed her legs Indian style and leaned forward.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxrelaxy music that's what i want to hear >:c
THERE'S NO SENSE IN HIDING xxxxxxxxxxx WE CAN HEAR YOU BREATHING

here's some space for text i'm hungry ahG O T C H A !

Anxious Cat

Quote:
regular post | roleplay | 611 words

User Image

████████████ ████ ████████████████████ ████████████████████████████ ████████

what is going on with my music P E Y T O N x A L L A R D xx O M E G A x W O L F

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxif I click on my
W H Y ' D x Y O U x T H I N K x I x G O T x T H E S E x T E E T H x F O R ? claws out call em out

Sleepy Ash was one of the funniest things Peyton had even seen. She couldn't help but giggle at the groggy speech. "Hey maybe all the kids wouldn't go there if you didn't shower or something." Peyton winked laughed at her lame advice. "My day's just getting started! I woke up like an hour ago." She stayed sitting on the bed for a little longer than Ash. Oh ********] She thought, trying to mask the concern on her face. She'll probably ask if/why I stayed up late. Though Peyton wasn't a horrible liar, it would just be a pain in the a** to make up a lie and tell it to someone she called a friend. Maybe friendships outside the pack weren't such a good idea... But what had happened last night? She had no idea.

She giggled at the memory of the greeting she got on her phone. "Course I got your text." Peyton pulled out her canvas wallet and pulled out a twenty. "Plus I'll buy your coffee today, She paused. "Can't I have a little fun? I can't help that I'm such a hoodlum." she giggled. It wasn't like she stole a television or a yacht. People probably stole from Starbucks all the time, the big chain name could definitely afford a lost cookie.

"Like I would invite you to coffee so you could pay for it. " she grumbled quickly, speaking with her voice getting higher. She shot her friend a playful glare. She leaped off the bed with an enthusiastic "Aye, aye, captain!" She followed Ash out the door dancing and drumming the girl's bag lightly.

As they got to Peyton's car, her phone went off. She answered, regardless of the fact that she was about to drive. "Hello, darling! I'm about to go to Starbucks with Ash." she buckled up and put her phone on speakerphone, setting it in her lap. "Hey Ash say hi to Lilah!" she smiled. She heard some noises from Lilah's phone she was familiar with. "Lilah, are you driving!?" she laughed at the typical behavior of her friend. She already knew the answer to her question. Peyton was also driving, though she was using speakerphone. Which was legal. Probably. It was just like having a conversation with someone in the car... but she wasn't technically in the car.

"You should meet up with us!" she smiled widely. Two of the people she enjoyed the company of the most at once would be very fun. "I'll race you there!" she looked over and noticed the disapproving look on Ash's face. "kidding..." she added in an awkward tone before busting out laughing. "Anyways, I should go. I'll see you then."

Peyton loved driving places. She couldn't explain it, something about it just felt so exciting. "Hey when are you working next?" she asked Ash. "We could go out to lake and do some SUPing if you're up for it." SUP stood for Stand Up Paddle-boarding which was actually quite common to see on the rivers and lakes during nice weather. Plus with it being so hot falling into the water wasn't so bad.

"I work most of tomorrow so I can't then... hey is that Danny?" she looked over to her left. "Yeah I think it is! Do you know him? He's so cute you'll love him." Danny was so fun to be around. She felt a special connection with him, as they were both omegas. "Do you mind if I invite him too? I feel like I'm inviting a whole family to coffee. You don't have to say yes." she really didn't. They could drive right past and Danny would never know.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxrelaxy music that's what i want to hear >:c

here's some space for text i'm hungry ahG O T C H A !

Anxious Cat

Quote:
intro post | roleplay | 734 words

User Image

███ ██ █ █ FIR INCHCAPE █ █ xxxxxxxx
f r o m x d i s t r i c t x n i n e

User Image
                        Fir's life ended with something as simple as getting his name called. If there was anything Fir would remember for the remaining two weeks of his life, it would be the face of his mother as Fir got reaped. She had already gone through the death of her husband, and now she had to face the death of her youngest son. That sounded like enough grief for a life time, especially for her. She'd grown so tired afterwards, but people died in the factories of Nine all the time. The death of a child must be so different.

At least Fir didn't have a terribly important job at home. Nothing that couldn't be taken over. His sister would replace him in the fields easily. They would manage. At least no one important to their earnings got reaped, like Indigo or Kern, his two older brothers.

The boy sat on the bed in his room, staring out the window. The Capitol was so... strange. All the silly people and the way they think. They were all safe just because of where they lived. That hardly seemed logical. It's not like he could protest, they only care to keep him alive in order to slaughter him later. He was an ant, yet another kid lost just because they said so. How many kids could there have been that have died? Well 23 dead kids per year, times 66 past Hunger Games makes 1,518 kids he would soon join. With 66 of them surviving, that made for about an overall 4% survival rate for the games. That sounded hopeful.

Fir's hands gripped the clean Capitol sheets of his bed like a claw. How could they all live so comfortably with all that is unnecessary while the people in the districts struggled and starved? His lack of sleep made it even harder to control his thoughts. How could they justify any of this? Just because some people a long time ago did something and didn't win? Why did that matter now? Fir knit his eyebrows and stood up. He turned around, kicked his bed, and let out a grunt. That was about as violent as he could get on a normal day. But there would be no more normal days. Maybe if he committed suicide it would make the Capitol mad.

He grunted again before curling up on his bed again, giving up on being mad. "Help me, please." he whispered and his voice shook. He had said it without knowing why. No one would hear him and no one could help him.

The boy's mentor had mentioned to him that he should try to stay alive as long as possible but there was little appeal to that other than his family. They would want to see him be strong. His mentor also said that if he couldn't kill, he could at least be very elusive, playing his speed and size to his advantage.

Anyways he was wasting time. Admittedly, he had been doing it on purpose but it was about time he got down to the training room. Another thing his mentor had mentioned was to not show the other tributes what Fir's strengths were in order to give him an advantage. So today, in Fir's eyes, was just a day to play around with the stuff and watch the cocky ones show off. Maybe he could pick apart their weaknesses if he tried hard enough.

He entered the training room and surveyed the area. Various stations were being filled with tributes. He took note of the ones with less kids at them. Well, knot-tying looks useful. He made his way over to that station, slowly. He passed the weights, noting the boy from Four. What was his name, Hush? If anyone were to kill Fir immediately, it would probably be that guy. He glanced over at Calliope, who was also from Nine. He had barely talked to her at all, but if he were to trust anyone in the room it would be her. He caught her eye briefly and he waved at her then looked away. One of Fir's strengths was not social interactions.

He observed the tributes more. He didn't think anyone else would really fit for an alliance, if Fir were to make one at all. He could barely talk to anyone, but he felt like if he was going to die he should do it protecting somebody.

→ I'm very hard to catch LALALALALLALALALALALLA
                        and it they can't catch me LALALALALLALAA
                        they can't kill me
                        LALALALALLALA

Anxious Cat

Quote:
intro post | roleplay | 785 words

User Image

▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅ of tsunami

n e d w i c k ' s x s w i m x s t a r YEAH GETER DOOONE

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ xx

Nick hated mornings like the Grinch hated Christmas. For one, he was not a morning person to begin with. It took him until about lunchtime to stop feeling groggy and it took until after school to feel fully awake. Another thing was the fact that this particular day, like many other days, had a swim practice at school. That meant that Nick had to drive his sassy British neighbor to school and back. Those were the worst. The only thing those two had in common was the fact that they both liked water sports.

After the fourth round of his alarm's blaring, Nick slammed the buttons until the cacophony of bells stopped. He groaned loudly and stayed in bed for a while. It was funny how the bed was always the comfiest right when he needed to get out. This morning it was particularly difficult, since it was a Monday. Maybe he would try coffee sometime.

The boy moved slowly towards his bathroom and tried his best not to fall asleep in the shower, like he tended to do on occasion. He wrapped himself with a towel then walked across the hallway to his room, stopping dead in his tracks when he saw his neighbor in his front door. He put on some navy sweatpants and let her in the house. "Wow, Nicholas. I bet you don't answer the door like that for everyone," Very few people called him Nicholas. He didn't try very hard to mask his disapproval and surprise. Like what for everyone? Was she that impatient? She was crazy. He noticed her obvious gaze to his chest. "Hey, you can sit on the couch 'til I'm ready. I shouldn't be long but maybe...." maybe he would be. He couldn't work very quickly when he was this drowsy.

He left her without any explanation of what she could do to keep from getting bored and he resumed getting ready. He brushed his teeth, ran his fingers through his hair, put on some deodorant, nothing extraordinary. He returned to his room and tried on a grey t-shirt. It would have been fine if it didn't smell so weird. He peeled it off. As he threw it in the hamper he noticed his neighbor was standing in his doorway. "You know, you see me shirtless all the time, you don't have to sneak up here to do it." he smirked.

He would have laughed at her comment if he didn't dislike her so much but he had to admit she was kinda hot in her own bitchy way. "Oh I can put on a show..." he chuckled, facing her. "But get off my bed, it's mine." What was she trying to do? Nick felt awkward with himself. "Tough!" he replied to her complaints about his speed. She was talking about having to get to school earlier. "Okay that's nice," He caught some of the shirts she threw at him and threw one on. "No." he made eye contact with her as he crossed his arms. He didn't feel like wearing those shoes today and he didn't have to listen to her. b***h. This was why they didn't get along. He walked across the room to get a different pair and walked out the door with his backpack.

"Come on Charles." he didn't look back at her. He went out the front door and sat in his car. When she got in, he started for school without a word with her for a long time. At a particularly long red light he pulled out his iPhone.

To: cindy lou hoo
                                              hey, if you haven't gotten to school yet can you get me some coffee? thanks :)
                                              -NS

He finished his text just in time for Charlie to start lecturing him about the light turning green. He didn't have time to put it back in his pocket so he tossed his phone in her lap. She would probably go through it, knowing her, but he didn't have much to hide. Even if he did he didn't have to explain anything to her. There were a few texts to Eva that were a bit on the mushy side but that should have been the worst of it.

He couldn't look over to see if she was because her bag was blocking, so he asked. "Are you going through my phone? You can give it back to me at the next light." He kept his focus on the road, he needed to focus as much as he could since he felt so groggy. He relaxed after a while and attempted small talk. "So... are you going to prom?" Though everyone knew the fun part about prom was what happened afterwards.

IMPOSSIBLE IS POTENTIAL force of tsunami
                                              IMPOSSIBLE IS TEMPORARY force of tsunami
                                              IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING force of tsunami

Anxious Cat

Quote:
regular post | roleplay | 665 words

User Image

▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅ of tsunami

n e d w i c k ' s x s w i m x s t a r YEAH GETER DOOONE

Thankfully the drive was almost over. Charlie brought out another book, she blazed through those more quickly than Nick ever could. This particular one was about a whale. That was funny, he could think of someone that moved like a whale in the water. He quickly glanced over at the girl next to him and tried hard not to laugh. "Oh, I didn't know every country had stop lights. Even Haiti and New Guinea? My bad." he gave a lopsided smile. "Oh you're better than me, huh? You wanna bet? Ten bucks says you would get pulled over first try." he challenged her and shot her a short glare at her quiet remark. "If you don't like Americans so much, you could just leave." he certainly wouldn't stop her.

With the hesitation she had with the response to his prom question, Nick could tell she was hiding something. He was kind of perceptive like that. It got more and more evident the longer she spoke. "Ah..." he sounded like he completely believed what she said and thought she was a total loser. What was she hiding? "Uh yeah, I'm going. Dunno with who yet though... I asked this girl last week but she said 'maybe'. I'm gonna ask again tonight but hey, if she says no I'm not trying anymore." The words just poured out before he could think twice. He hated this girl, it was strange that he was telling her all of this. It made it sound like some loser who couldn't get a prom date, which was false. Nick could get whoever he wanted to go with him.

But really, what was going on with Eva? Sometimes she seemed like she was interested and other times she seemed like she wanted nothing to do with him. Nick intended on trying to understand why tonight before he asked her to prom again but he wouldn't try and force an answer. While he was thinking about her...

"Hey, where's that phone you were supposed to give me?" He raised an eyebrow. Knowing Charlie she probably ate it or something. Nick wanted to send a text to Eva wishing her good morning, as he hadn't yet but apparently that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Charlie and Nick were both extremely stubborn. Putting that together was like two negative magnets that never want to touch. The rest of the car ride was as quiet as it usually was. Some scattered, casual conversation. They arrived at school and Nick parked in his usual spot before muttering something about seeing her after practice then parting.

He excitedly made his way over to Cindy's locker. As he walked up, James was leaving. "Hi James," he greeted him as he passed. He noted the slightly embarrassed and uncomfortable expression on both of them. "Hey, I hope I didn't cause that abrupt end of conversation." he raised his eyebrows. "Oh yay, thanks." he smiled as he took the coffee from her hands. He took a sip and immediately approved. "Mm. I knew I could count on you to pick what to get." he leaned towards her and tilted his head as he smiled. "Thanks Cindy." He took another sip. This would be a good morning. "How has your morning been?" She seemed like she was in a good mood. "Oh hey, you wanna tell Oliver about your height preferences yourself? I can't see myself telling him that." Which was true, well, he would tell him if Oliver wouldn't leave her alone but not that exact thing. It would be weird. Maybe she was joking. Nick couldn't tell, he wasn't functioning yet.

Nick looked around for Eva, though she was most likely on the stairs which were just out of sight. At the sight of his coffee, she may have suggested some tea instead. He felt a little nervous about seeing her, sensing the butterflies going crazy. He had to ask her about seeing her tonight, he had everything planned out.

IMPOSSIBLE IS POTENTIAL force of tsunami
                                              IMPOSSIBLE IS TEMPORARY force of tsunami
                                              IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING force of tsunami

Anxious Cat

Quote:
mixed post (joined a little late~) | roleplay | 519 words

User Image
        » Ever since we were little, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        xxxxxxxxxxx we were so on fire for our dreams.
        We never let anyone blow out xxxxx
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx our flames.

To tell the truth, there was nothing scarier than being surrounded by people just like her. Scarlett had never been around so many "supers" in her life. She had inherited her abilities from her mother, who also happened to be an elemental. Unfortunately, she passed away before Scarlett started showing signs of having the ability. Her adopted parents didn't have any sort of supernatural ability so they couldn't help her much. Her powers were, to say the least, underdeveloped. Add lack of ability with never being new a day in her life and you had a very nervous Scarlett.

She put away the last of her belongings. With all the time she spent unpacking, her roommate was nowhere to be found. That was, admittedly, disappointing. The first opportunity she had to meet someone had been uneventful. She may as well familiarize herself with the grounds, as she had skipped orientation. She picked up her bag and went on her way.

The girl walked without purpose. She looked at the map and back up then decided a nice smoothie would do well with her journey. Scarlett made her way to her dorm, intending on grabbing her longboard. On the way there, she needed to pass one of the parking lots. As she moved to put her map back in her bag, the wind plucked it out of her hands, causing Scarlett to run after it like a cat chasing a light. After retrieving it, she caught the eyes of a few strangers whom she was certain se had earned the impression of "that girl who can't even hold paper properly". She quickly stuffed it in her bag then noticed someone in a car looking at her. She gave an awkward smile then he waved at her. Was that an invitation? Looked like it. If it wasn't, she could play it off easily. She approached the guy in the car.

"Hi," she smiled. In the car there was a mounain of bags. Even Scarlett didn't bring that many. "What's all that, hairspray and makeup?" she giggled. "I'm Scarlett Isa--" she went by Scarlett Isabella back home but decided to drop the second name for college. She thought it might help her adjust. "Uh do you want some help with that? I doubt you could carry all of that in one trip." That was interesting. She wanted to make a friend so she was willing to jump into a car with a stranger. Cool. It didn't sound completely uncharacteristic of her though. Scarlett sat in the passenger's side. "So which dorm are we going to? Zuda? Marvel?" Hopefully he was in Marvel, she could use some friends in there.

The music he was playing awsn't exactly her taste but she didn't complain. He looked like he would listen to this kind of stuff. He was pretty cute, but probably older than her. He probably wouldn't go for her if they were pretty far apart in age. Maybe she just wouldn't tell him. She picked up a cigarette. "Oh, you smoke?" sweet, so did she. But he didn't really look like he smoked.

User Image

Anxious Cat

Quote:
intro post | roleplay | 624 words

User Image

User Image

Owen was, as of late, broke, lost, and without a change of clothes. He had no access to anything he owned except his phone and his camera. A Canon 60D to be exact. His camera was his most prized possession. He took it everywhere. In fact, he had it with him last night when the town was loud and lively.

Last night had been odd, to say the least. Well, maybe not last night, but the morning afterwards. He couldn't decide which since he didn't know what was supposed to be normal here. See, last night when they stopped in town when someone, ahem Darwin, got the whole group lost. Well, it's not like anyone was familiar with those roads anyways. When they stopped, it seemed like the average small town where everybody knew everybody. They got some food, made conversation with some friendly people. The whole thing just seemed like it would make a funny story later on.

That, of course, was before everybody in town went missing, along with their car and everything in it. Normally Owen would assume that's some sort of prank but normally entire towns of people didn't vanish.

"Where do you propose we look first? For all we know the car was pushed into the lake." As far as he knew, there was no explanation for anything that was going on. "I have no idea what's happening." Which worried him. Owen's least favorite phrase was "I don't know". "But look at my camera." That was a privilege; he didn't let most people touch his camera. Owen got up off the bed and moved towards where Panthea was. "Remember last night when I was taking pictures? Look at all the people in the photos. You guys all look fine but..." the rest of the people either weren't in the pictures anymore or were weirdly transparent. He walked back to Lucian and held his hand tight.

"Do you wanna go follow her?" He played with Lucian's thumbs before leaving the hotel to walk with Panthea. The town should be safe because it was...empty. But the fact that the population spontaneously declined didn't sit well with him. He walked quickly until he met her in the diner. It amazed him how each time he went somewhere he got more creeped out. He could feel his stomach drop as he entered the building that was definitely open yesterday but looked like it hadn't been touched for a lifetime.

"Do you have a plan as to how we should get food? This is a good place to start I suppose..." he wandered around the diner trying not to touch the chairs with ten layers of dust on them. "But what if they come back tonight and get mad that we've stolen their food? It's not like I can pay for it since all my cash was in the car," Maybe there wasn't any food in there at all, or it was all expired, considering that the daytime seemed to be some sort of parallel universe to the night. The doors all looked like they would break off of their frames if someone brushed up against them. "I don't think I can handle ghost torture..." he didn't even want to think about what that would be like.

Owen wandered into the kitchen area of the diner. There was, in fact, food in there. That was a relief, but more investigation was needed in order to know if the food was even edible. The refrigerators weren't even running, so that ruled out eating anything that was in them. The food that turned out to be okay was little in number. That told Owen one thing: they all had to get out of town. Fast.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ DAAAAAAAAAA

ooc: outfit in side picture line thing!

Anxious Cat

Quote:
intro post | roleplay | 496 words

User Image

User Image

Jason's mornings would forever consist of tea and worn books. One thing he liked to take pride in was his sense of motivation. He was paying for most of his own college and, dammit, he was going to do great. At his second year of college, he had exceeded his own expectations at a 3.8 or higher every time. He sat in the library that morning, reading ahead for his subjects that day. He made sure he understood at least 90% of the material before it was officially taught to him. He was doing it for himself, of course, but he also was doing it to try to exceed his competition. In psychology, that would be Elizabeth.

He sipped his tea quietly as he finished his chapter. As he checked his time he figured he should be on his way promptly so he would enter class on time. As he made his way, he looked around for Elizabeth. Just in case. For friendly conversation. Friendly. He mentally kicked himself and forced his mind to think about something else. Anything. Grass. The grass was doing well today. What? Okay never mind about that. Psychology.

Jason got to class ten minutes early, greeted the teacher, and sat towards the front. His thoughts drifted to his recent trip with Cass to California. He felt a pang of sadness. The two couldn't get along as much as they used to. Their two year was coming up but Jason just wasn't into the whole thing anymore. Nothing was the same.

A much needed distraction was caused by the professor as he started the lesson. Jason payed close attention... on and off. He couldn't stop thinking about his failed relationship. He needed to do something about that. Quickly. Today? Maybe. The lesson! That was his mental routine for the next hour or so. He curled his hands into fists every time he caught himself distracted. This was uncharacteristic of him. He was getting very frustrated with himself. As he was getting back into the lesson, Elizabeth walked in. Okay fine. Back to the lesson. Though that wasn't happening, the professor stopped talking as Elizabeth was... flirting with him? Fine. That was fine with Jason.

Completely not fine. That should have been him. He looked down and away as his eyebrows knit together. His feelings for her were getting to be at the point where he couldn't ignore them anymore. Ugh. He had to break it off with Cass tonight. He would text her with plans... but not now it would be distracting to his peers. As Elizabeth sat down near him, he tapped on her shoulder. "I think the bell is a universal signal of class starting," he whispered to her. "Careful, losing points could take away your spot at number one. Don't want you getting behind me huh?" he offered a lopsided smile. Another thing Jason took pride in was the fact that he could play just as hard as he could work.

Anxious Cat

Quote:
intro post | roleplay | 1172 words

User ImageUser Image

The colony was getting restless. On the planet, there was just one colony of humans. The rest consisted of sand and various other species unheard of on human kind's original planet, Earth. Lately there have been a lot of disappearances, just from the human colony. Some say it's to keep the humans in line. Kidnappings, to make sure they don't misbehave. So far no one has found any sort of connection in the disappearances.

The first one gone was little Elmer who was six years old. Though sad he was admittedly kind of not there mentally. Always getting lost and popping back up from out of no where after a few days. Everyone expected him to come back. It's been seven months. The next one was Carina, a sweet old woman of 97. Just went out to go get milk. The most recent incident were two kids at school during lunch. Nobody saw them leave.

Of course being human meant that the colony was getting frightened, to say the least. And of course, being human, the colonists were gossiping, debating, complaining to their governments, and staying indoors. One question was constantly thought of throughout the situation. How could something hide out in the open? If someone was running through the desert, everyone would be able to see them but no such thing has occurred. Some think there's a traitor in the colony.

Though James would have cared about the situation anyways, there was one thing that tied him into the problem. One of the kids from school was his sister. Her name was Kathlyn and she was nine years old. The day she didn't come home was awful. His mother got a call from the school and her smile dropped clear off her face in an instant. She knew what it was, just like James and his brother did. She didn't say a word for a week except to tell her middle child to stay focused on school. There was nothing James wanted more than to find her.

James worked at the local dairy shop, though everything was imported so everything was expensive. There was nothing he could do about it when customers complained about it. Maybe if they didn't live in the middle of absolutely nowhere things would be better. James had an insatiable feeling of wanderlust. As soon as he could afford it he was moving out of this planet and going to the next to start over. He particularly liked the idea of living on Zazz, and though he would prefer to visit before moving there, he couldn't afford to visit then take another trip to move. It would just have to be one straight journey and if he didn't like it he could spend another few years saving up to move again. Sounded like a pain in the a** but it was the way things had to be done. Maybe he would settle down on a lunar colony at some point. Anything but desert.

The male spent another full work day at the shop. He made small talk with the customers, in this city everybody knew everybody so it wasn't hard to find something to talk about. He could see a lot of people wanted to talk about the disappearances though no one seemed to want to bring it up. If a news report came on from the screen in the corner of the room, customers would flinch yet become engrossed in the report very quickly.

James hated the constant reminder that his sister was missing. He was so determined to find her but what could he do? No one else seemed to be doing so well finding anybody either. Most everybody with sympathize with him after the broadcasts. That was one good thing about living here, most people were kind.

He locked up the shop and started on his way home. He planned on taking the bus, as he did every day. However there was something different about this day. As he waited in the covered bus stop, he drank water and thought about how he could save his sister. He was mid-thought when there was a noise like he had never heard before. Some sort of wooshing sound so overwhelmingly loud it was like there was nothing else was out there. He couldn't even hear himself think, but the noise gave him joy like he couldn't ever describe.

Immediately he stood up to find the source of the noise where he turned and found a big blue box like he had never seen before. So strange... old humans used to have telephone boxes on Earth but the only photographs he had seen were red or covered with glass. Suddenly it dawned on him. A police box! Some sort of alien police force had come to help the colony with their missing children. Maybe an inquiry, or maybe they already knew what had been behind everything. Maybe inside the police box the being there had no idea what was going on.

Though after watching the box for a while, nothing had happened. How anticlimactic. James was growing worried and impatient as he approached the box knocked on the door. "Is everything alright in there?" he called out. No response. He leaned against the side of the box, just in case someone was inside and would like to speak with him. Turns out he wasn't leaning against the side, it was the door. He found that out a bit too late as he failed to catch himself in the air and seemed to land right on top of a lady. Awkwardly his face seemed to be right near her chest.

"Oh! I'm sorry. Accident. Doors. " Very smooth. He rolled off of her and sat straight up. She looked rather confused but he wouldn't blame her, this whole situation was weird. He looked relatively human to his surprise. He thought the being inside the box may be small and blue or maybe scaly. "Are you the police?" of course she was the police, she was in a police box... but she had no uniform. He stood up again and had a proper look around. "Oh what is this...?" he could have sworn she had arrived in a box but there was a full on room where he was standing. Yellow and blue with lights and knobs everywhere. "Where are you from anyways? Along with all of this..." Unbelievable. Un-stinking-believable.

"Uh, my name is James. You are...?" he reached out to shake her hand and gave her a lopsided smile. "You're here to help us, aren't you? About all of our... disappearances." he could barely get the last word out. He avoided eye contact with the girl. His sister. He had to know where she was. He hoped this girl was here to help them all. If Kathlyn and the rest were still alive they needed all the help they could get. His eyes wandered around the room again, as if another look around would cause him to get used to the strange size.

Anxious Cat

Quote:
regular post | roleplay | 621 words

User Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What's the matter? xx
xxxxxxxx Cat got your tongue?

Ali giggled uncontrollably at Skylar's impression of an announcer. "Watch out, that might be your new nickname!" Of course, she would never call her that in front of certain people. It would be something just between the two of them. She made a sound that resembled the quack of a duck as her friend pinched her bum. "I'm going to take that as an insult!" she made a fake pout and slumped over.

She laughed loudly at Sky's comment about the fence. She was so cute. It was great that she could tell what she was thinking. It was refreshing to remember how close they were after not seeing each other much over the summer. As they headed towards the Barn, Sky appeared and disappeared. When she rematerialized, she had a flustered expression on her face. Perhaps she had not meant to come in and out of sight. They would have to train together more this year to help her control herself.

"Allons-y!" As they went through the hole in the fence, Ali didn't have to duck much because she was rather short. When she followed Sky, she wasn't being careful and part of her dress snagged onto the loose wires of the fence. She let out an awkward squeal. "Shoooot." she was extremely frustrated. She pulled the fabric out of the fence and noticed a hole had formed where it had caught. She let out a few nonsensical sounds before kicking the fence. "Ah!" She glared at it one more time before turning away and trying to calm down. "Is it noticable?" she asked her friend. It looked huge to her, but maybe not to Skylar. Then again, it could get bigger throughout the night.

In the Barn, the sun was still setting which provided beautiful golden lighting inside. There was a girl in there, dancing with grace and confidence few others could imitate. Ali felt the strong desire to dance alongside her when a voice came booming from seemingly nowhere.What the heck? she looked first at the loft, where the only other person in the barn was standing. He looked familiar but she couldn't put her finger on where she'd seen him before. She was probably imagining it. She smiled at the girl as Skylar introduced them both. "Nice to meet you," she addressed her, trying to seem friendly. "You could just as easily be down here dancing with her too! What's stopping you?" she shouted up at the male, smiling at the accidental rhyme she made. She gazed down at the rip in the fabric on the side of her leg. It looked about the same size still. Ali silently wished she had brought a safety pin and placed her hand over the hole.

She looked back at Sky, who looked rather uncomfortable. She was completely open to making friends just hours ago, smokers no less. Now she was being quiet. Maybe she was nervous about all the people that would be coming through. Ali definitely planned on staying sober the whole night and keeping herself with Sky. If her friend didn't feel comfortable by the first hour, she would offer to go back to their room early to watch Netflix and eat pizza or something along those lines. There was no point keeping her there if she wasn't enjoying herself. "Feel like dancing?" she offered her friend with a smile. The music was so irresistibly dancy. She had to move, maybe Sky would feel the same way at some point. She didn't drink or smoke and she couldn't hook up and Ali was going to do the same. If Sky wasn't having fun at that moment, Ali was going to do her best to change that.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          outfit: here | music: top 40's | location: the Barn | feeling: energetic | currently: talking to Sky and some other girl

Anxious Cat

Quote:
intro post | roleplay | 679 words

User Image

She watched her deep red sneakers pound on the pavement as she ran the streets at night. The noise filled her ears for a moment before getting drowned out by the sounds of passing traffic. Running felt so exhilarating. The adrenaline alongside no distractions. At a crosswalk, she caught her breath. Was she running to something or from? Did it matter? She realized she didn't even know where she was going. As the sign illuminated with the word "WALK" she resumed her previous pace. She would know everything about this road with her eyes closed. I need something a little less familiar, she thought to herself. If she was going to actually do something interesting at two AM, she was going to go all or nothing. She made random turns on streets until she felt satisfied with stopping. She found herself outside an old diner, perfect for stopping into considering she was just wearing a worn grey sweatshirt and running shorts. Here no one would recognize her and her mediocre apparel.

Adelice sat at the front counter in the diner. "Could I get a coffee and a special with a little bacon on the side? Thanks." She spoke to a cheerful teenage employee. She had no idea what the special was but it was probably good. As she waited, she thought about her situation. How did she get here?

Falling asleep in Rowan's arms had seemed a little more uncomfortable each night. He always passed right out in record time, Adelice thought. They used to talk for hours in bed, sleepily making bad jokes and cuddling. They didn't talk as much as before and when they did, lately it seemed like their conversations were getting a little repetitive. Mostly it was stress about the wedding, who's invited and who's not, what to do at the reception and for god's sake does it matter what color the bridesmaids' dresses are? They didn't connect as well as they used to but that was a common part of getting married. Freaking out about the ceremony and going back to normal afterwards. Besides, they were so similar. They were so strong. We'll be okay, she reassured herself, not for the first time that day.

She put her head down on the counter. Oh my god I can't do this, she thought. I can't do this I can't do this. She couldn't exactly identify why she felt this way, which made her severely uncomfortable, not to mention the fact that she was having a mini meltdown in the middle of a diner. Slowly, she peeled her messy bun off the table and fiddled with an old menu, pretending to be busy and interested. Then she moved on to check her phone, revealing an old photo of Adelice and Rowan together from last Christmas, with her kissing his cheek and him smiling brightly. The image only saddened her as she felt nostalgia for that old day and what once was. She wanted so badly to go back to the way things were. She slammed her phone down a little too hard.

She took a deep breath and tried to appear composed. If she could trick the people observing her into thinking nothing's wrong, maybe she could trick herself. She casually sipped her coffee, feeling calmer with every taste. A memory came back to her, echoing a feeling of pure bliss Adelice only wished she could feel right now. Where everything was simple, she was young on a first date. She was probably the same age as that employee that took her order. During that date forever ago, there was only excitement and the vague idea of a pleasant future ahead. If only relationships "just felt right" like they did when she was a naive high school student. Adelice took a glance over to the old booth they shared.

Oh God, that can't be him. How the years have been kind. Adelice froze.

adelicerubyaster
soon to be adelice mercer

So we grew together like to a double cherry
Two lovely berries moulded on one stem...

Anxious Cat

Quote:
intro post | roleplay | 537 words

User Image

The South was Alder's least favorite place in America. However, traveling across the country was part of the job description. At least he was in good company. "Shasta," he called across the motel room. "It seems like the nest is pretty new, considering how sloppy they're getting with their kills, don't you think? They seem to gather a lot of their vics from bars and restaurants on 6th Street. Probably means their nest is close by somewhere." Alder got up and paced for a minute before settling on looking out the window to a scenic view of an old parking lot. He was getting so sick of motels.

"Do you have any experience with vampires?" He asked his partner. "Just making sure. I didn't want to go in there guns blazing before I figured out we weren't prepared." Alder was the youngest child in his family. Everyone was always protecting him, no matter how annoying it was. Now the roles were reversed. He was the one responsible for someone else. And as stressful as it was, he loved it. It felt kind of like being a parent, as far as he could tell. Training someone felt so rewarding as he saw Shasta grow as a hunter. She came in with a lot of potential and was making leaps and bounds in her skill set. He wouldn't say so, but he was proud of her. He listened to Shasta talking as he sat on the bed next to his unopened bag of belongings. Clothes, toiletries, weapons. Just the usual.

After her little speech, Alder stood and stretched. "We'll do a little training in a bit. We have time before we go in for the kill. I feel so restless from the car ride over so I'm gonna go for a run. He rubbed his face before looking back at Shasta. "Care to join me?" He stood at the open window again. At least this time of year the weather in Georgia was bearable. "I'm not saying it wouldn't benefit you for training. Or maybe I just like the company." He gave her a half smile.

Alder didn't like to have music while he exercised. He preferred to have solely his thoughts fill his mind. He paced his way through the motel parking lot and saw a familiar looking car. However he couldn't quite put his finger on why, which made him feel uneasy. The Jamesons? Possibly. Probably not. Lots of people have that car. He ran up and down the street for about ten minutes.

With super strength, super speed, and immortality, vampires definitely had the advantage. He thought about how he was going to train Shasta in secret. It would be hard to pretend to be a vampire she could cut the head off of. Alder circled his way back to the motel room for some light working out. The musty motel carpet wasn't ideal for crunches but there weren't many other options really.

He breathed out. "Awesome," He felt like s**t but working out was was worth the benefits. He took a quick shower. "Shasta, it's time for training. Afterwards, what do you say we find out way to 6th Street for beer and a bite?"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                        ALDERNICOPRICE
                                                        ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                        a x h u n t e r x o f x s o r t s

Anxious Cat

Quote:
intro post | roleplay | 809 words

User Image

Romulus ran his hands through his messy, unwashed hair before throwing his head back. He woke up early and had been studying all morning in his underwear. It was noon, which meant it was officially time to start relaxing. He hopped into the shower hoping to let his mind relax for a while. He could only think of his big life plan instead. He needed to get married, finish law school, become a successful attorney, and have a family. Rom let out a big sigh. He was halfway on course. How did he get so lost? He pressed his forehead against the shower wall. Time to think was always a bad idea. He thought himself in circles and only ended up more confused and upset at himself.

His father was constantly bringing up his own affairs and praising Rom for his. Although it made his father proud, Rom didn't exactly feel the same way. He slipped out of the shower with much less energy than he had when he started. He lazily made enough eggs for two people just the way Tally liked them. He wasn’t sure if she had eaten yet but wanted to make sure she had been fed. He wasn’t even sure if she was home, he had been tucked away and focused on his studies.
                      User Image

“Tally?” He called for his fiancé. He smiled upon hearing her name. She was feminine and gorgeous. She was driven and smart and above all she was kind. Tally was the first person he had ever felt close to. He loved everything about her. She deserved better than him. “Tally I made you food,” he knew he would feel better if he could see her smile. He searched for her in every room of the house with a tray in hand. Eggs, toast, orange juice, and a banana. “I’ll feed you baby, you hungry?” He found her in their bedroom. "It's my breakfast time so I made this. Even though you probably had something earlier... You hungry baby?" He asked again as he smiled at her. She was so beautiful without ever trying.

After laying in bed with his fiancé for a while he finally fell asleep. His nap lasted a couple hours. When he woke up grumpy, he thought about how tried studying made him. It was getting dark outside and in Tallon's place was their dog Stevie. He wanted to go to a bar after dinner but didn't know who to go with. He didn't have anyone he was close with other than Tallon. Sure, he had Remi Spencer. They were casual friends and grew up together. He could make plans with her but it might send the wrong message. He couldn't just go to a bar with another girl. Were there any other options? Not really. Damn he needed to get out more. He had struggled to make friends for most of his life. Rom was critical about others or grew apart from them quickly. He had many acquaintances but no one he would want to see right now. Maybe it was about time to try to change his attitude.

Rom's stomach growled. He realized he hadn't eaten all day. He was so focused on finding and feeding Tallon that he forgot to eat the eggs he made for himself. He pet the dog and rolled out of bed. He dragged himself down the spiraling staircase, he walked on the dark hardwood, and grazed his fingers on the granite countertops in the kitchen. He threw away the cold eggs and left the plate in the sink. Then he made himself some pasta for dinner. Again, he made sure there was enough for Tally if she wanted any. Speaking of which, he wondered about her. He texted her between stirring pasta. To: Wife - Hey babe I'm making dinner are you coming home? :) He thought about texting Meghan but decided against it. He would see her when he saw her. Plus he was trying to resist her.

He finished up the food before Stevie came down and the fur ball nuzzled his face between Romulus' ankles. Rom rubbed both sides of Stevie's face “I’ll walk you as soon as I'm done eating little guy, I promise. Why don't we feed you too?” He filled up the dog bowl then sat on the couch alone. Nights like these, Rom liked to watch some TV while he ate. Stevie soon came to sit next to him. His parents never liked when Stevie would get on the furniture or the special hardwood floors but Rom had a different attitude. Stevie loved the crap out of Rom and he would take that affection anywhere he could get it. Even if it meant he would have a dirty, torn up couch, he had his friend with him.

ROMULUSALDERPRICE

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff