Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Prophet

Hilarious Prophet

User Image

Hey there. I'm assuming that if you're reading this I've applied to your roleplay and you're checking up on my samples. In that case, I hope you consider accepting me to what is probably going to be an awesome roleplay (seriously, I'm very picky about which ones I join). Below you will find my samples.

I don't always write long paragraphs. What I write will advance the plot but I won't commit to writing novels each and every time because I know that's unrealistic for me. However, I do my best to really flesh out character and plot. If you are equally as passionate about the story, I can guarantee things will go well. If I get really into a character I will write until my fingers want to fall off. Be a good roleplayer to me and you will most definitely be rewarded. (:

Sometimes I write lengthy posts that are a couple thousand words at least. I know this bothers some people but if my inner novelist is unleashed I usually can't contain her. Just know that if I'm giving you a lengthy post - there will be substance to it. This isn't NaNoWriMo and I'm not trying to fill posts with fluff in order to make it seem like I'm writing a lot. However, that being said, I usually only write monster-length-posts if I've really had time to flesh out a character. Most roleplays don't give me enough time to do that but who knows, maybe yours will! (:

So yes! Onwards! Please, keep reading. (:

Hilarious Prophet

xxxxxxxxxxxUPDATES

august 31, 2012: tab updated samples to more recent ones.

Hilarious Prophet

User Image

User Image
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxAND FOR ALL THIS PANTOMIME
                      YOU SHOULD SEE THE STATE I'M IN
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIxxC O U L D N ' TxxH E A LxxM Y S E L FxxW I T HxxT I M ExxA L O N E
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX X X I HAVE YOU TATTOOED ON MY SKIN

████████████████████████████████████████

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx{} - SKIN BY POETS OF THE FALL

When Alice woke up in the hospital room, the gravity of the entire situation hit her like a train. She had looked Alexis (or Charli, as Alice now knew her by) square in the eye; and then she had been shot. If not for Skylar and Kevin, who was to say how long it would have been before someone showed up? If not for their intervention, Alice realized she very easily could have died in that alley. Hospitals were always familiar for Alice, but this particular experience quickly became too much for her to handle.

While she had been unconscious, Kevin had contacted her parents to let them know that they needed to come to New York to see their daughter. He had kept the information about the letters from Alexis to himself and told a lie to cover up what happened, knowing that later on he was going to demand a full explanation from the group. By the time her parents had arrived, Alice had already gone through surgery to remove the bullet and repair the damage that had been done. Fortunately, no vital organs had been injured. With a couple blood transfusions and the hard work of the doctors, Alice was able to make a full recovery from her physical wounds. Emotional? That would be another story.

It was very hard for her to see her loved ones so worried; to see the concern in the eyes of those she cared about the most. This had been entirely her own fault; Alice knew that very well. She shouldn't have gotten into the car with Charli. She shouldn't have angered the woman; but Alice had no idea that she was carrying a gun. It had been her intention to try to resolve the entire situation so no one would have to worry about it ever again. It had been her plan to protect everyone, even though she had fallen farther apart from each of her friends than she ever imagined possible. She had no idea that Charli would actually take a shot at her, especially when she made the comment about the hospital.

The doctors required Alice to stay in the hospital in New York for three weeks to ensure that she was well enough to be transported back home - back to Chesterton. Ultimately Alice had decided that she would rather go back home to her parents than to return to her apartment in Maine. Upon her return to Chesterton, she was required to stay an additional week in the local hospital, just as a precaution by her doctors. She was really growing tired of spending time in the hospital, all she could think of was Charli and how she was currently staying in the same building where they first met years and years before. And now she was in there because of her.

Alice's parents were only partially satisfied with the story that Kevin had cooked up (that Alice had wandered off on their trip to New York, was mistook for someone else and shot at accidentally by someone who immediately took off). They were becoming of the opinion that their daughter needed to have some "space" from the rest of her friends. It seemed to them that whenever the group was together, something bad happened and they were never given a full explanation about it. At very least, while Alice was recovering, they wanted to make sure she had as much time to herself as possible.

Eventually, they made an exception for Cailen - only because he had spent so much time around her family when they were dating. But even he was only allotted a small amount of time in the hospital to see her. That was enough to drive the poor blonde crazy. She couldn't have been more bored spending an entire month bouncing between hospital beds, and during the time just barely able to see anyone from the outside world. She truly thought she was going to go insane before she found something to occupy her mind - Charli.

She had heard through Cailen that the messages from "Alexis" had tapered off completely since the shooting. Because of that, everyone decided to come back to Chesterton as well and wait it out a month to see if they heard anything back. So far, it was looking good. Outwardly, Alice had been pretending that she could not remember anything that happened prior to being shot after she had left the hotel. That wasn't the case at all - she had full recollection of what had transpired, but there was no point in bringing it up with the others if the messages had stopped. To anyone who asked, Alice was "sick and tired" of allowing her life to be ruled by "Alexis" and that she was moving on for good, the NYPD were on the case and they would deal with it. But that wasn't the case if one dug a little deeper. Alice knew what the woman looked like. She knew her name and she knew that they had once known each other from the hospital. It couldn't be that hard to put the missing pieces of the puzzle together.

At first, she had contemplated giving the information directly to the police, but something inside wouldn't allow that to happen. No. Kevin called the police and she shot me before the cops had a chance to do a thing. I almost died. No police until I know everything about Charli. She ended up deciding to keep quiet. She would put together the mystery herself and once she had enough evidence to both track Charli down and pin her for the shooting and threats, then she would bring that to the police. For now, it was best to let everyone believe that she had moved on from the whole ordeal. Charli couldn't stay in hiding forever.

She could not have been more relieved when the day came that she could finally come home. Granted, "home" meant her old bedroom at her parent's house, but anything was better than the hospital room. Unfortunately, living with her parents meant adhering to their suddenly much more strict than usual rules. Alice couldn't believe that she wasn't allowed to go out and let her friends see for themselves that she was alright, but there wasn't much else that she could do. She wished she could show them that it was her own stupid decision making that caused her to become hurt, but she couldn't imagine getting into the full story with her parents. It was a good thing that they still permitted Cailen to come by (even if it was only one or two days a week). Alice didn't think she could keep her sanity without seeing someone other than doctors and her family.

As she sat in her room with what little information about Charli that she had previously compiled spread out in front of her on her bed, she couldn't help but feel like she was making the same mistake she had made in New York. When she woke up in the hospital, she had vowed never to be so stupid as to go after Charli alone. And while this wasn't "going after" her, it still didn't feel right to be doing. She had almost died once, there wasn't any need to repeat the month in the hospital again - or worse. A very large part of her thought about giving up on the situation completely. It had been a full month and no one had heard from Charli as far as Alice knew. Things were finally going back to as "normal" as possible in that regard. Did she really want to be drawing everyone back into her line of fire with this? But I have to. I have to find where she is and then tell the police. She needs to be arrested, she almost killed me and who is to say what she's going to do next? She might be gone now, but that doesn't mean she's going to be gone forever.

Giving up now wasn't an option, but neither was continuing alone. She knew she needed to tell someone... but who? In all honesty, her first thought was still Adam. She couldn't be sure if it was because she felt like he would want to track Charli down just as much as she did, or if it was because she couldn't get him out of her head and wanted some sort of an excuse to contact him. The two hadn't spoken since their text message exchange at the hotel before she was shot. Granted, as soon as her parents arrived in New York, none of her friends were allowed to see her, but Alice wasn't sure if she wanted to see him at the time; still being so angry at what he had said. As time went on, she started to think more and more about the matter. It got to the point where even during periods of normal sleep she would still dream of conversations with the Archibald sisters in which they taunted her for being too stubborn to apologize. But it wasn't that easy. It wasn't that easy to just say sorry.

At one point, she found herself at her laptop starting to compose an e-mail message:

Adam,
                                                              I don't know why it took me so long to send this. But I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry. I wanted to tell you that I'm not perfect and sometimes I get scared. No, a lot of the time I get scared - especially when I'm with you. You've made me happier than any other person on this planet. But that's not what scares me. What scares me the most is that because you can have such an impact on my emotions - you can also hurt me more than anyone else. Sometimes I can't help but run because I'm terrified of getting hurt. But I just want you to know... I want you to know that no matter what happens... there is no one else on this planet that can replace you in my heart. You've shown me shades of love I didn't think possible. I love you, Adam Rochester. I love you with everything I've got and nothing will ever change that.

Of course, the e-mail never got past the "composing" states and was promptly deleted once she got to that part. She couldn't do it. She couldn't bring herself to talk to him just yet - it still hurt far too much to leave herself open and vulnerable with him. For all she knew he'd completely moved on. For all she knew he had fallen out of love with her a month ago. There was no way she could possibly know for certain what was going on inside of his head and it was just too risky to take the chance. Just thinking about it made her heart race and her breathing quicken in a way that was less than comfortable. She closed the laptop, vowing that one day she would be able to be honest with him. But for now, she just couldn't.

Bringing herself back to the thoughts of Charli - Alice realized that she still had to figure out who she was going to tell what she was up to. That was proving to be a tougher decision than she had anticipated. Adam was clearly out of the question. It hurt too much to even think about talking to him. Bella and Jack were out. Alice and Bella did not leave New York on amicable terms, and Alice wasn't sure if she trusted Jack enough with something like this. For a moment, she debated on telling Skylar. It seemed like a logical choice. Alice had always been able to trust Skylar and she was always able to keep a clear head about things; a very valuable asset.

Alice went as far as to start dialing Skylar's number and hearing the "Hello" on the other end before she hastily ended the call and tossed her phone back against her bed. No. Skylar was out of the question too. Skylar had been the first one to find her after Charli had left her for death in that alley. Alice couldn't begin to imagine what her friend had been through witnessing that - being terrified that someone she cared about was dying right in front of her. Alice couldn't help but harbor guilt on the topic. Skylar must have been the first one there because of the phone call Alice had made. She couldn't erase the feelings of blame. It hurt almost as much to think of speaking to Skylar as it did with Adam - just for different reasons. With Adam, it was the fear of getting hurt. With Skylar, it was overwhelming amounts of guilt. Skylar was out of the question.

That left Cailen. Someone who Alice might not have originally thought of - surely he wouldn't approve of her trying to track down Charli. And there was also the matter of having to be honest about what she remembered prior to being shot. Thus far, she had been operating on the lie that she couldn't remember a thing. He probably wouldn't take that well. It was starting to look like there was no one she could turn to about this - something that originally crossed her mind when she first started digging into information about the woman. But that was silly. She couldn't just keep this going all by herself. She had to tell him. She had to find a way that would make him understand.

After some discussion (read: arguing) with her parents, Alice managed to get them to agree to allow Cailen to come over while they were out running errands for the day. Of course she had to promise that she wasn't going to leave the house unless she absolutely needed to, and Kevin was called to check up on her throughout the day. But now seemed like the best opportunity she was going to get to let Cailen in on the secret she had been keeping; as nerve-racking as that would be.

Fingers trembling, she retrieved the phone she had launched across her bedroom and dialed Cailen's number. With each ring, she felt her heart skip a beat. You're just going to call him to come over. You can do this. Deep breaths. She tried to coax herself into not hanging up like she had when she called Skylar. When she heard a voice on the other end, a part of her froze up. After a few seconds of silence, she was able to find her voice and began to speak, "Hey, it's Alice. I've got... I've got something really important to talk to you about. I cleared it with the warden, do you think you could come over today?" Alice inserted the joke about referring to her parents as "the warden" to lighten up the anxiety she was feeling around asking the question. She didn't want to have to explain everything over the phone and hoped that he would agree to see her.

Hilarious Prophet

User Image

User Image

User Image

Jenna had never been the type of person who slept in, even though she had plenty opportunities to do that now that she was at Cherry Springs. Back when she had been living at home, she was always the first one in the house to be awake. Frankly, she had to be. Especially once her disorder started to get out of hand. Sometimes as early as four in the morning she would find herself lying awake thinking about food, just itching to get up out of her bed and go down to the kitchen while everyone else was fast asleep. Most mornings, the urge was just too strong and she couldn't keep herself from wandering down the large spiral staircase, ever so quietly, and glide down in the direction of the refrigerator.

The morning that the housekeeper caught her in the middle of another binging and purging session, Jenna could not have been more mortified. She tried to cover up what was happening by pretending she was just feeling ill and that was why she was being sick. What she didn't know was that the housekeeper had noticed this behaviour happening for weeks. Everything after that went by as a complete blur, and now Jenna found herself lying on her bed in what (to someone who didn't know better) could easily pass as a luxury hotel room. She'd been awake for hours, but this time it wasn't as easy to obtain what she truly wanted like it used to be. The staff working in the dining hall were well aware of her issue and had been alerted not to provide her with portions larger than she was supposed to be eating. The only time she was ever able to partake in the only thing that she truly cared about was on the weekends. If a patient was compliant throughout the week, they were permitted to leave the facility for an hour on the weekend to go into the town to do whatever they wished. Jenna always used this opportunity to take the bus into town and stop at the nearest grocery store, where she would use the money her parents still shovelled into her bank account and buy mass amounts of junk food. She would eat it right there in the store and then purge in the bathroom once she was done. It was the perfect crime, so far - no one had found out.

But that wasn't what kept Jenna awake and staring up at her ceiling this morning. This morning, she knew that there was an even bigger problem arising in her life - a problem that she thought she had gotten rid of when she was shipped off to Cherry Springs. Sure, Jenna wasn't thrilled about her parents wanting to toss her aside because it was easier that way, but the plus side to the situation was that she did not have to deal with her twin sister Kelly anymore. That made everything she had to go through in therapy worth it. But much like every other positive thing Jenna found in her life, that notion was soon to come crashing down.

The day before, Jenna had been informed that she had a family member on the phone to speak with her. This took her by surprise - she had been in Cherry Springs for six months and not once did any member of her family pay her a visit or even bother give her a call. It was as if they just decided to pretend that she no longer existed. Assuming that it was one of her parents, Jenna accepted the call, only to be horrified at the voice she heard on the other end of the line.

"Hey babe, miss me?" No. NO! She had to be dreaming. She just had to be dreaming. There was no way that of all people in the entire world that could be calling her, that Kelly was the one on the other end of the phone. Jenna had no idea what there was to say to her sister. She stood there with the phone in her hand unable to move her lips, unable to make a single sound brush past them. "Good news sweetie-pie, I'm coming to see you tomorrow. Mommy and Daddy dearest think I've got a few problems of my own to deal with. Isn't that marvellous? Maybe we can be roommates!" This was Jenna's worst nightmare coming true. She had finally gotten herself into a routine that she was okay with. She had made friends. She got along with most of the other patients. She actually felt like she belonged somewhere for the first time in her life. If Kelly was going to be around, all of that was going to come crashing down. Why?! WHY!? Why does she need to ruin everything for me!?

So there Jenna was, lying on her extra comfortable bed, but unable to calm herself down. If Kelly was being serious in her phone conversation the day before, today was the day everything came apart and there was absolutely nothing she could do about it. Or... was there? It was a thought she tried to keep pushed out of her mind. She had to behave herself during the week or she would be deprived of her weekend trip that she looked forward to more than anything else in the world. Yes, she did have a small stash containing a few bags of chips and a container of gummy worms hidden in her room, just in case, but she hadn't intended on actually digging into it. It was too risky. Even though there was much less "surveillance" in Cherry Springs than there was at a state hospital, there was still a chance that she was going to be caught. That wasn't an option.

But neither was dealing with her emotions right now. She had been working as hard as she could in therapy, but Kelly was different. Kelly was an exception. Kelly was a perfectly good reason to succumb to her negative behaviours.

In the blink of an eye, the stash of food had disappeared and Jenna found herself in a panic. She hadn't taken into account that her room did not have an on-suite bathroom. That was intentional. Anyone who was diagnosed with an eating disorder wasn't permitted to have a bathroom connected to their bedroom - for the obvious reasons. Fortunately, there was a bathroom just down the hall and she desperately dashed from her room, passing by what looked like a new patient being given the tour of the place, into the bathroom, locking the door behind her so that she could empty her stomach and feel clean again.

Once she had completed her task, she was able to breathe easy for a few moments before the feelings of guilt started to creep up. Ignoring what she had been learning in therapy, she pushed those feelings aside and made her way to the common area to watch some TV and wait for some of the other patients to pile in - hoping desperately that Kelly wasn't really going to show up.

Hilarious Prophet

User Image

User Image

It had been hard for Kevin to come to the decision to get the police involved. He knew that Alice would have wanted them to stay out of it, but after what the entire group had been through the year before, Kevin couldn't shake the feeling that Alice was lying about how serious the situation really was. It was clearly more than just the letters. Even if Alice got mad at him (and she did get mad), he would rather her be safe and hate him, than have something happen because the police didn't get involved.

After calling Alice and informing her what was happening, he wasn't surprised that she was angry with him. Once she hung up, Kevin toyed with the idea of going up to the hotel room where he figured they were all still gathered and waiting with them to ensure that everything went okay with the police arrived. However, that didn't seem like a good idea. He was probably the last person that Alice wanted to see. Her friends probably weren't too thrilled with what he had done either, but eventually he hoped that they would see that all he was doing was trying to help them out. They needed to get the police involved.

Instead of going to meet up with Alice and her friends right away, Kevin decided that it would be best to wait around until the dust settled before ensuring that everything was alright. He decided to wait around in the hotel's lobby and poked around at the various bits of reading material they had for those waiting around. It didn't take long, however, until the sound of a security guard's walkie-talkie caught Kevin's attention. We've got a bit of a disturbance on the eighth floor, someone should be sent up to check it out. Worried that it might have something to do with Alice (little did he know the "disturbance" was Alice, when she started banging on the door and screaming at Bella), he took to the elevator to go up and see what was going on. In a cruel twist of fate, Kevin was taking the elevator up to the eighth floor at the very same time Alice was taking another elevator to go down to the lobby and then leave the hotel.

He made it to the eighth floor just in time to hear the tail end of Adam's sentence. "...Alice ran off to go after Alexis. I think Kevin might know how to find her, or at least give us a better chance at it." Kevin stopped in his tracks, standing right behind Adam. At first he was completely unable to speak. Alexis? But she died a year ago. Kevin's uncle had been there to watch her kill herself. There was no way that she was still alive... so where was Alice? Who was she going after? And why was she going alone? Kevin noticed that Adam said something else quietly in Cailen's direction, but couldn't quite make out what the words were. That didn't matter, because what really caught Kevin's attention was Skylar. She seemed to have received a phone call that startled her, it was written all over her face. "Alice, What's -" Alice?! Find out where she is! What is going on?! Of course these were only being hollered from within his own mind, and not out loud where the brunette could hear him.

Watching intently as the expression on Skylar's face continued to grow worse and indicated that something was severely wrong, Kevin could feel the beating of his heart within his throat. Something was wrong. Something was incredibly wrong. It didn't take long for the girl to take off in the direction of the elevator. Kevin wanted to follow immediately, but his feet seemed to be momentarily frozen in place. He could hear one of the others that he believed was Jack (he hadn't seen the man very many times, but it made sense that would be who it was) made some comment about having a plan, but the sound of his voice was almost drowned out completely by a loud ringing in Kevin's ears.

After what felt like an eternity, Kevin managed to unfreeze himself and finally speak up, "Alice..." was the only word he could get out of his body before he begun to sprint in the direction of the elevator. He had just missed the one that had taken Skylar down to the lobby, but he managed to catch the one directly after and was able to watch her running out of the hotel and out into the parking lot. He quickened his pace so that he wouldn't lose sight of the girl, knowing that if he did, there was no way he would be able to guess where she was going. As he ran, still not able to keep up with Skylar, but remained close enough to at least see where she was going, he pulled out his cell phone and dialed Alice's phone number several times. Unfortunately, each time he called her phone, all he could hear was the same busy signal the indicated she was on the phone with someone else.

"Alice! ALICE! Please answer! PLEASE!" Kevin could hear Skylar's voice up ahead screaming and his heart skipped several beats. Something was wrong. Something was very, very wrong. He pushed himself to run faster than he ever thought possible for his body to do. It wasn't long before he caught up with Skylar as she crouched down next to the passenger's side of a parked car, just able to catch the tail end of what seemed like a conversation with a 911 dispatcher.

As he glanced down at the unconscious girl hunched over in the seat of the car, a million thoughts flashed through his mind. He wasn't seeing Alice as she was in the current moment, he was reliving the night that she became very ill and her entire family was certain that she wouldn't survive the ambulance ride to the hospital. He could hear Skylar speaking to his unconscious cousin, but the words were muffled in his brain. We're going to lose her again... we're going to lose her again! Snapping himself out of his shock, he moved over and knelt down to gain access to his cousin.

"What happened? Is she breathing?" he finally spoke to Skylar, signalling that he was there, in her current state she probably didn't notice his arrival. Instead of waiting for an answer, he leaned in to use the limited knowledge of first aid that he had learned back in college to check her vital signs. Fortunately, she was still breathing and her heart was still beating - but she was losing a lot of blood. That wasn't good, especially considering her anemic condition.

Once again, not waiting to hear answer of what had happened, he quickly noticed that the blood seemed to be coming from her abdomen. Almost on autopilot, Kevin was no longer thinking before he acted. He lifted up the corner of her shirt to reveal where the bullet had broken into her skin and placed both of his hands over the wound, hoping that if he were to apply enough pressure he could keep the bleeding to a minimum until the paramedics were able to arrive. There wasn't anything else that he could do, but he hoped that it would be enough to keep her alright until help could show up.

"Please don't die on us, Alice. Dammit don't you dare! Don't you dare die on us, Alice!" Water was starting to accumulate in the corners of his eyes, but he attempted to will the tears away to the best of his ability, not wanting anyone to see a grown man start to cry. "You didn't survive being so sick and almost dead once, only to die on us now. Dammit Alice! You're not going to die. Don't you dare die!"

Hilarious Prophet

User Image

User Image
User Image
                    { } - KIDDING OURSELVES BY STABILO

Another sleepless night; not an uncommon occurrence. An entire month had gone by since leaving his hometown of Denver but the ache still pained him just as strongly as it did the day he left. He liked Paradise Cove - it was exactly what he needed at this point in his life. Quiet, quaint and full of people who loved art just as much as he. However, it just wasn't home. All feelings aside, it didn't matter. Denver was out of the question. If he returned he knew what was waiting for him. Returning to the land that held his heart was not worth the potential jail sentence and utter humiliation he would face when the story of what happened with Sara Walker went public. The fact that it was consensual was moot, she was sixteen and a student of his; he knew better than to tempt fate. He had no one else but himself to blame for the situation he found himself in. At least he'd been lucky enough to end up with his current arrangement ("get-out-of-here-never-teach-again-and-never-speak-to-her-again" ). Paradise Cove was his fresh start and he needed to start treating it as such.

At some point Drew had managed to roll over and fall back into slumber (with the aid of a little bourbon whiskey). Fortunately he had the next day off from the job he had taken in order to ensure his bills were paid. At least it wouldn't matter if his bout of insomnia kept him in bed long after the sun rose and his alarm was supposed to go off. Yes. Mr. Andrew McQuarrie was one lucky son of a b***h.

xxxx

Ring. The unexpected sound of his telephone ringing was enough to startle Drew awake, his first thought being that he had miscalculated his day off and that he was being called to get his butt out of bed before he was fired. But no, that couldn't be it. He was positive that he'd checked his schedule several times the night before just to make sure that he was off. There was no chance that he was working.

Ring. Did he really want to get out of bed to see who that was? That was definitely up for debate, although he was currently learning towards no. His eyes still burned from the full night's sleep he didn't get. No. His mind was made up. Whoever happened to be calling him could not be more important than closing his eyes and getting enough sleep that he could function whenever he decided to pull himself out of bed.

Ring. Immediately following the third ring Drew's archaic answering machine kicked in. Sometimes he wondered if he was the only person left on the planet who still used a landline (although in comparison to his cell phone, the home phone rarely got used) and he was certain he was the last person on the planet to use an answering machine. Oh well. A gift from his parents from years ago; they were incredibly old fashioned (and cheap) and he'd feel guilty if he threw it out.

"Hey. Um... I know I shouldn't have called. And I know I'll have to explain how I found this number but --" the very familiar, timid, mousy voice emanated from the ancient speaker. Drew immediately leapt up from his bed like it was on fire, picking up the telephone and snapped into it before the girl could finish her sentence.

"No. Sara stop. You can't call me. You can never call me. Forget this number and don't ever call me again." Before allowing his former girlfriend to utter another word, he slammed the phone back down; the hardest thing he had to do since leaving Denver. It took all the strength he had to fight back the tears that were forming in his eyes. He'd been harsh, but it was necessary. That one phone call could ruin everything; if her parents found out it could be the final nail in his coffin that added legal complications to his life. But it wasn't just his life that could be ruined, either. If the truth came out, she would face unimaginable ridicule and humiliation - it might even taint her chances at getting her artwork taken seriously. Knowing just how important that was for her, Drew was just as reluctant as her parents to let that happen.

"[********]" His pulse quickened in an uncomfortable manner as his mind raced with frantic thoughts. How could this happen? How the [********] could this happen?! Without thinking twice before acting, Drew lunged towards the telephone and ripped the entire thing forward, tearing the cord from the wall. "[********! ********... ********]" His conflicting emotions made him a defeated man. Trembling, he backed himself up against the nearest wall and slumped down into an inconsolable mess - this time, unable to keep the burning liquid from escaping his already reddened eyes. Placing his head in his hands, Drew alternated between slight sobbing and pounding his fists onto the floor below him and muttering curses - probably not a good idea for one living in an apartment building.

Hearing Sara's voice again had been incredibly bittersweet. He'd missed her - missed her more than he could ever quantify with mere words. But the elation was quickly replaced with terror. He had to act fast. He had to stop this before it started. He had to. There wasn't any other option. The agreement was "absolutely no contact" and the consequences of a breach were far too dire to think about risking, even if he really, really wanted to do so.

He sat in that same spot for hours. Long after the sun came up and birds began their morning songs. Another peaceful day in Paradise - except for Andrew McQuarrie. He found himself presented with two options: 1) he could stay locked up in his apartment for the rest of the day and finish off the various bottles of liquor he had stashed around, or 2) force himself out, maybe stop by his work and pick himself up a coffee and something to eat to distract himself from what had gone on earlier that morning. As badly as he wanted to go with the first, he eventually decided that the better option was the latter. Reluctantly, he rose from his seat. He got up. He stepped in his shower and he got himself dressed before leaving his apartment, headed in the direction of Buzzed on the Boulevard.

xxxx

Walking through the doors of the place he'd been working at for the past few weeks, Drew ensured he had a smile on his face. Even though things were less than ideal in his private life, he had never been the type to air his dirty laundry in public. That was the point of this outing being a distraction, after all. If he came in all sullen it would defeat the purpose. As he approached the counter he smirked and playfully tapped down on the little bell next to the cash a few times, pretending to be an impatient customer. "Excuse me! Excuse me! Does anyone work here? I'd like to order," he chuckled, even though he was trying to pretend to be irate, he couldn't hide the smile painted on his face.

Hilarious Prophet

Hilarious Prophet

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas