Welcome to Gaia! ::

User ImageUser Image

Cameron Jane Stone

||||||||||XXXThe Frozen Heart

The car made very little noise as Cameron rode in the passenger seat. It was a sports car. She wasn't sure of the model- cars had never been her type of thing, but the sleek design and man behind the driving wheel gave it away. He was tall, dressed in a grey suit, and had sunglasses covering his eyes. The hair on his face was short and light brown, as was his hairdo, which was spiked upwards. All and all, he was a handsome man. Looks and wealth could get you just about anything in this world. Cam wondered if he had it all. As they passed exit 275, her heart fluttered faster. They were drawing ever closer to the university. Ever since her mother's passing, Cam had been hitchhiking from Louisiana up to Seattle, to complete her education under the watchful eyes of the elders. She could no longer remain in her hometown, after being branded as the "Voodoo Girl". A lynching was soon to follow. No, a quick and concise evacuation was her only course of action, and she pulled it off well. Over her past week of traveling with strange men, she had encountered over thirty cars, each one piloted by a male willing to take her a little bit further north. Some did so for free, others required forms of... 'payment', with which Cam obliged without question. She had no problem exchanging her future for a few sexual favors. Nobody was watching, and nobody would ever know. Pulling into exit 276, the sleek black sports car raced down the highway, then bared right. According to the man's GPS, they were not far now. Fifteen more minutes. Cam sighed in relief. This ride was a freebie.

They were headed to the University of Washington State, where the Elders of her kind had established a town house designed to be a habitat for like-characterized individuals. There, they would attend classes free of charge, and learn not only practical mortal skills, but also hone their talents further under the privacy of their walls. Cam wanted to study psychology when she wouldn't be tied up with magical doings. It was a field she was very interested in, and planned to major in it with a minor in chemistry. The latter only seemed fitting, considering the training in alchemy she received from her mother. Turning to the man sat beside her, she lifted a finger, and twirled it, pointing at his glasses. In an instant, the air around them became cooler- just enough to cause them to fog over as a result of his body heat. As they glazed, the man removed his glasses to avoid swerving off the road. "What the hell?" he murmured, sitting them inside the vehicle's console. Cryokinesis was one of her abilities she discovered while she was in Highschool. It had become one of her toys, and she enjoyed using it to mess with people. Pleased she could now see the man's baby blue eyes, Cam smiled. She would never forget his face. He was the last person to help her on her journey.

Pulling into the over sized and somewhat showy university, the car pulled to a stop in front of the office building. It was labeled "Orientation Offices & Counseling Department". Cam hopped out of the passenger seat, and the man who drove her did the same, popping the car's trunk. Fetching her suitcases, she gave the man a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "I'm Cameron, by the way." She said with a smile. "Thanks for giving me a ride. See you around?"

"Of course." The man, said, winking at her and giving her a grin before closing the trunk, and piling back into the driver's seat. He started the car once more, and pulled out of the driveway of the campus. Once the vehicle was out of sight, Cam's expression fell sour, and her smile turned flat. 'Idiot.' she thought, before spinning around to face the building's door. Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out a piece of spearmint chewing gum, unwrapped it, and began to munch on it. Fresh breath was important to her. She threw the wrapper on the ground beside her, and pushed the door open. The resulting room resembled a doctor's office. Cold, with linoleum floors and strip lights. An elderly woman with red hair sat over the counter. She wore a floral-patterned dress, and had glasses which were restricted to her neck by a loose metal chain. "Hi, my name is Cameron Stone. I believe you're expecting me for orientation?"

The woman looked up to Cam, and scowled. "Another one?" she remarked, scrunching her nose. "Fine, here." She slid a manilla folder to Cam over the desk. Inside of it were three pieces of paper. As Cam slid each one out to look at it, the woman narrated its purpose. "That one's a map of the campus. You're headed to that building there, in the group of townhouses. That paper is your emergency contact numbers. Your room will have a phone. Use it if you need to contact any of the campus staff. And that last piece is an orientation schedule. Everything on it will be performed on the first floor of the townhouse you live in. Your room is 201. Here's your key." She handed cam a small, silver key, and then turned her head back down to focus on a novel which sit firmly in her lap.

"Thanks." Cam said, exiting the building and walking towards the townhouses marked clearly on the map. They were grouped together nicely, some had birds nested on the roofs. They sang as she trekked on. Skipping lightly while chewing her gum, she came to the lot of the townhouse. Behind her, she dragged her suitcase by its handle. The wheels made a loud rumbling sound across the uneven concrete. Following the map provided to her, she came to stand in front of the one circled in red. The building was tall, four stories, and had a modernized look about it. If nothing else, it was quaint and comfortable. There were stairs leading up to the front door, and as she approached them and lifted her suitcase with her, ascending slowly, she let out a last breath of relief. For the first time since her mother died, she felt like she was truly at home.

As she opened the front door, she took the view in. The interior of the first floor was laid out much like a living-room. A kitchen rested at the opposite end, complete with all of the necessary appliances. "Alright, room 201." she said aloud, continuing up the stairs in front of her to the second floor. As she emerged into the following threshold, she was met with a messy sight. A blonde girl laid at the bottom of the stairs which would have continued upwards, her books strewn about the place. She had fallen, and her belongings had made a run for it. Next to her stood yet another girl, offering help. Cam approached them, and sat her suitcase to her right, to give time to help pick up the scattered pieces of paper, and books. "Wow, looks like you took quite a fall there." she said as she assisted, smiling lightly. "Gotta watch what you're doing, you know." As she gathered the pieces and piled them together neatly, she extended an arm to help the girl stand. Pulling her to her feet, she continued to talk. "I'm Cameron. You can call me Cam." She shook her hand, then turned to the other girl who stood in the company. "Nice to meet both of you. Where you guys from?" As she talked, she never stopped chewing her gum. It had lost its flavor by now, and she would have to seek a trashcan to spit it into before she began unpacking.

The second floor was quaint, and had the feel of a studio apartment, albeit much larger. From where she stood she was able to see her room. It was labeled not only with a metallic set of numbers, but also a plate under it. There, her name was sprawled out in an oversized font, "CAMERON JANE STONE". The door was secured tightly, and she wondered what the inside would be like. Despite the curiosity, she dared not leave the group before their introductions were complete. Were these girls to be her "roommates", for lack of a better word? To their right sat the bathroom. The door which would have normally separated it was wide open, giving Cam a perfect view of the exquisite furnishings. It was quite large, and from where she stood she could see two sinks in front of a large wall-sized mirror. 'Hopefully I won't have to wait in line to brush my teeth.' she thought to herself.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

LOCATION: location here || COMPANY: company here || FEELING: feelings here
OOC: ooc here

User ImageXXXUser ImageXXXUser Image

Layout by DeadLikeLatin
User Image
                          beneaththeboilingsky Elizabeth Bernholz
                          therewasonlyyouandithe NEVERENDING SMILE
                          compassionate xxxxunderstanding xxxxenergetic
                          xxxxcurious xxxxobservant xxxxquick-witted

beneaththeboilingskyI just want to be in the shade, with everyone I need.
                          ▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊

Elizabeth is young compared to others braving the apocalypse. The third world war broke out when she was fourteen, and now, four years
                          later, she celebrates her eighteenth birthday in a world not unlike what some would call hell. Despite the hardships of today's standard of living, she keeps a
                          strong smile on her face, as if nothing can get her down. She's wise for her age, and understands how the disaster can alter other's mannerisms.
                          Since disaster hit, she's been roaming on her own, surviving half on chance, half on skill. To her, everything feels like a blinded stab in the dark that she's
                          just so happened to hit on the head. She worries that her luck might soon run out, and seeks companionship with anyone who will have her. Unfortunately,
                          most people write off younger children, especially women, as dead weight.

therewasonlyyouandi;;waitingfortheendplayed by;; DeadLikeLatin ●●
.Charactername. User Image
WEareLOST-----------LOSTweAREThe days are warm. I hate this. I stared into the wall. I couldn't see you.

╰☆╮

moveyourbodywhenthesunlightdies{Ѵ i ś u ẵ l i z ɘ.}
.•:´¨•☆ •.¸¸.•´´¯`• •´¯`´•.¸¸.•☆ •¨´:•..•:´¨•☆ •.¸¸.•´´¯`• •´¯`´•.¸¸.•☆ •¨´:•..•:´¨•☆ •.¸¸.•´´¯`

AndperhapsherGREATESTmistakewasfallingmadlyinLOVEwithaplacecalledtheDREADI just want to be in the shade with everyone I need.
.GONEa g e;;
trulyWE’REallMADhere..18
.GONEa e s t h e t i c s;;
trulyWE’REallMADhere..Elizabeth stands relatively short at 5'4". Her hair is a brazen bronze color, and her eyes glow ochre. Her face is slender and defined, but her gaze is calming and friendly. She has freckles all over her face, and she calls them her 'sun kisses'. She always braids her hair to keep it under control, and her outfits are usually very casual, comfortable and functional.
.GONEo t h e r;;
trulyWE’REallMADhere..She wears a blue ribbon in her hair in respect of her family she lost. Across her face are multiple freckles, and her birthmark is on her upper thigh, in the shape of a star.
moveyourbodywhenthesunlightdies{∂ ɘ f i n i Ϯ i o ȵ.}
.•:´¨•☆ •.¸¸.•´´¯`• •´¯`´•.¸¸.•☆ •¨´:•..•:´¨•☆ •.¸¸.•´´¯`• •´¯`´•.¸¸.•☆ •¨´:•..•:´¨•☆ •.¸¸.•´´¯`
AndperhapsherGREATESTmistakewasfallingmadlyinLOVEwithaplacecalledtheDREADWherever you may end up, you'll find yourself thinking about when all of the things you called reality stopped being there for you, and that's when you ran away.
.GONEm y - r o l e;;
trulyWE’REallMADhere.. Human
.GONEp e r s o n a l i t y;;
trulyWE’REallMADhere.. Elizabeth's personality is nothing short of magnetic. She has a habit of bringing life and energy into a room where otherwise there would only be despair. It's a trait not too many have managed to maintain in the post-apocalyptic world of today. She feels concern for everyone she meets, and has everyone's best interests at heart. The very definition of selflessness, she would sacrifice her own meal to ensure everyone else slept with a full stomach. Sometimes her generosity and compassion gets her into trouble, and she can be described as gullible, but to those who can respect and admire her enthusiasm, she tends to stay very close with.
.GONEs t r e n g t h s;;
trulyWE’REallMADhere.. After having to survive on her own, Elizabeth started honing her survival skills. Needless to say, given her demeanor and frame, it didn't go so well. She tends to perform even the most basic of survival tasks horribly. The only sort of weapon that she can use without completely messing up is the throwing spear she crafted herself out of wood from the jungle's many branches. She draws this skill from when she was apart of her old school's Heptathlon team. What she lacks in brawn she makes up for in brains. Always a bookworm, she has a passion for documenting everything that has happened since disaster hit in her journal, and recording information that might be considered useful. Her keen eye for observance and understanding makes her an unparalleled asset with anything technical.
.GONEw e a k n e s s e s;;
trulyWE’REallMADhere..If it requires physicality, Elizabeth probably comes up short. She's never been one for brute strength. She tends to rely more on her small size, speed, and wit to get out of a sticky situation. She's always been very clumsy and ditsy, as well as gullible. Because of this, she tends to fall victim to other's lies and deceit.
moveyourbodywhenthesunlightdies{Ӄ n o ฬ l ɘ ∂ g ɘ.}
AndperhapsherGREATESTmistakewasfallingmadlyinLOVEwithaplacecalledtheDREADI'm falling out, breaking up with everything that keeps me sane.

.GONEh o p e s;;
trulyWE’REallMADhere..She longs for the world to have some semblance of the way things used to be before destruction hit the earth. She also fantasizes in her daydreams about finding love, even in these trying times.
.GONEf e a r s;;
trulyWE’REallMADhere..Elizabeth has many fears, but her greatest ones are insects, reptiles, being mocked, and of course, the shadow beasts that roam the landscape. They instil a paralyzing fear inside of her.
moveyourbodywhenthesunlightdies{ฬ ẵ r.}
AndperhapsherGREATESTmistakewasfallingmadlyinLOVEwithaplacecalledtheDREADWhen I am lost I keep my head in the clouds.

.GONEw e a p o n. of. c h o i c e;;
trulyWE’REallMADhere..Elizabeth's main weapon of choice is a long, pointed spear she made herself from the jungle's branches. She uses this as a throwing projectile, and also as a melee weapon. Her secondary piece is a large hunting knife she looted in the early days of disaster. It's not exactly useful when it comes to combat, and she considers herself too clumsy to use it in dire situations, but if nothing else it's amazing when needed to skin a kill. Finally, she has a Model 17 Glock handgun, but it's shown uselessness, for she has not once come across any sort of ammunition that can be used in the thing, and despite that, she's not sure how to fire it...
.GONEm a g i k;;
trulyWE’REallMADhere..N/A
.GONEs p e c i a l i t y;
trulyWE’REallMADhere..Elizabeth is considerably smart when it comes to technology, and she's fast and quiet. She uses these skills as best she can, though they never seem to turn up many results in a solo situation.
.GONEs e c o n d a r y. s k i l l s;;
trulyWE’REallMADhere..Elizabeth is multilingual, speaking English and Icelandic.
moveyourbodywhenthesunlightdies{h i ∂ ∂ ɘ ȵ ∂ ɘ Ϯ ẵ i l ś.}
AndperhapsherGREATESTmistakewasfallingmadlyinLOVEwithaplacecalledtheDREADDon't change who you are. That's a promise you need to keep. And if you break it, you'll never leave.

.GONEt h e m e. s o n g s;;
trulyWE’REallMADhere..[X] - Ringo Deathstarr - Two Girls
trulyWE’REallMADhere..[X] - Puro Instinct - Silky Eyes

.GONEu n d e f i n e d;;
trulyWE’REallMADhere..Elizabeth's happy face and colorful personality doesn't come without a downside, and that is her past, which is trailed with substance abuse, neglect and depression. After the apocalypse hit and she could no longer continue to feed her addiction, she made a vow with herself to change who she was.
moveyourbodywhenthesunlightdies||t h e .PUPPETEER.||
AndperhapsherGREATESTmistakewasfallingmadlyinLOVEwithaplacecalledtheDREADDeadLikeLatin
User Image
S O K O
Alpha Safeguard; Kappa
Female
Five years
None

Soko was born in the Vanora region, to a litter of three pups. Due to her mother's unstable health conditions and the inclimate season of their birth, her littermates ended up passing away before their bodies could reach fruition and sustain themselves. As a result, being her mother's only pup, Soko was cared for and nurtured greatly. Even as a pup, she found herself envying and admiring the pack's current Kappa, Brun. The skills required to be a Kappa and the ability to help her packmates inspired the determination in her to apprentice under Brun, and learn his craft, so she could be the next in line for the Kappa torch. She studied his craft from the moment she was allowed to leave the dens on her own, and allowed the medicinal knowledge Brun had gathered over the years to be absorbed into her brain.
After coming of age, there was a year-long period where Soko and Brun worked together, both operating as the pack's Kappa team. It wasn't until fate took Brun's life through a snakebite that Soko had to adopt the responsibilities of Archon's Kappa fully. She's a trustworthy and noble packmate, yet sometimes reserved and quiet. Her wisdom is unparalleled and she continually offers advice to other packmates, alongside her medicine. Once she gets comfortable and starts talking, it can be hard to get her to stop. Currently she has no apprentice, but is prepared to take one on. She is one of the older members of the pack, and as her age climbs she worries how much longer she will be around to treat the illnesses of those around her. Almost desperately, she longs for someone to pass her craft onto.

DeadLikeLatin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces