Welcome to Gaia! ::

Im going to be keeping post samples and stuff like that here. : D Yar. Cool right.
Intro Sample

Waking with a started Callan quickly sat up in his bed—his breaths coming in short little jolts as he looked around the darkened room. The digital alarm clock on the bedside table flashed the time; 3am in the morning. He groaned and leaned back against the headboard, running the long slender fingers of his left hand through his hair.

His wife, Elizabeth, stirred beside him and slowly opened her soft green eyes. “Mmm…” She yawned and pushed herself up a little to look at her husband. “W-what’s wrong dear?” She asked between a yawn allowing her baby greens to scan over her husband’s face. Her brows fussed as a look of concern spreading across her face as she took in the pale sight of her husband.

“N—nothing, honey...I’m alright. You should go back to sleep” His deep voice shaking a little as he spoke. Ignoring him Elizabeth scooted over closer to him and looped her arm in his, resting her head against his shoulder.

“That dream again?” She asked as she nuzzled against him affectionately, trying to comfort the man.

“Yeah…” He nodded as he scooted back down onto the bed, maneuvering his wife so that she was nestled comfortable in his arms.

Callan only woke on nights that he that dream, always the same dream, and though he wouldn’t tell her what the dream was about Elizabeth knew it was something that troubled her husband. She sighed softly as she leaned up and placed a light kiss on his lips. He responded appropriately with the lightest of picks followed by a content sigh. She smiled softly before laying her head against her chest listening to the slow rhythm of his heart. “I love you” She said softly, choosing not to pry into her husband’s worries. He smiled and petted her long reddish-brown hair. He was always thankful that she’d never been the prying type. He didn’t want to lie to her, but he wouldn’t explain the reason for his dreams either.

Lately those dreams had gotten worse—He half wondered if Elizabeth had picked up on the fact that the timing coincided perfectly with the arrival of his ten year reunion invitation. His deep hazel eyes flickered over to the dresser where the letter had been placed. ”You don’t have to go you know…To your reunion” She replied softly, almost as if she could read his mind—though most likely she had caught him looking towards the letter.

It caused him to chuckle a little and actually smile. But he shook his head anyway and sighed. “No…I want to go.” He kissed the top of her head lovingly before urging her to go back to sleep. He would be fine—he promised.

It wasn’t that he didn’t want to go. He did, it was just he had regrets—regrets that ten years later still pleaded his dreams. He hadn’t been able to send the letter he’d written—not that it had sounded very good—to his friend telling him sorry for everything he’d done. He just—walked off and left things the way they were. Bad. Laying there with his beautiful wife in his arms he couldn’t help but feel a twinge of guilt for thinking about the other male.

This had been what he wanted—a wife, a beautiful baby girl that was the center of his world and a normal life. He had a good job, a little money in the bank and overall a good life—but when did it always seem like he wasn’t as happy as he should have been? He kissed the top of his wife’s head against before closing his own eyes. Hoping the dreams would stay away.

Callan had never told his wife about his past—the past was better left there, in the past. He’d hinted that he’d had an ‘odd’ fling back in high school but hadn’t gone into details. He’d left her assume what she wanted too.

Biting bottom his bottom lip Callan fussed over his tie. “Damn it” He cursed under his breath as the thing seemed to do everything in its power to avoid doing what Callan wanted it to. It was finally the day of the reunion and despite the fact that he repeatedly told his wife—who was now dressed in a simple but elegant black evening dress—that he wanted to go he was suddenly very tense and fidgety.

“It’s normal” Elizabeth’s voice chimed in behind him as she placed her delicate hands on his shoulders to turn him to face her. Leaning up she pecked him on the lips lovingly before quickly straighten his tie for him. “Being nervous I mean… It’s been ten years since you’ve seen most of these people…I’m sure you’re not the only one fretting over his tie.” She giggled lightly and slapped his arm playfully as she finished her work. “You look nice though. And with me on your arm the whole place will be envious~” She twirled lightly, a smile lighting up her face.

He couldn’t help but smile. She was good at that—making him smile. “Yeah..”He chucked with a nod before quickly tugging her towards him, pressing her body flush against his. “Who wouldn’t be envious after seeing you” He kissed her, hard.

A content sighed met his lips sending shivers down his back, but she was soon pushing him away. “Don’t get carried away now.” She said her face now a beautiful shade of scarlet. “We’ll be late”

Sighing he nodded. He didn’t really care if he was late—was starting to think he didn’t even want to go anymore. But they’d come this far, gotten a hotel room and were already dressed and ready. There was no point turning back now. “Have you called your mother today?” He asked as he sat down on the edge of the bed to pull his black dress shoes on.

He could almost hear her roll her eyes as she responded. “Yes dear… And Emily if fine; she’s having a wonderful time with mother. Now stop worrying over her so much and let’s enjoy the evening.”

Easier said than done He grumbled in his head. But he smiled and nodded at his wife before standing and taking her arm. “Shall we?” He asked as he lead her to the door.

The old high school much the same as it has been in his day. A lump formed in his throat as he glanced around the place. The lockers, the classes, everything—it was eerie. It almost seemed like he’d been taken and thrown back ten years. Only he was no longer the eighteen year old boy that had once wondered these halls. He was a twenty-eight year old business man with a wife and child that he adored. He had to remind himself of these fact as he faced his past—a past that he wasn’t sure he wanted to face.

The gymnasium had been decorated in a W2K theme—Callan smirked at the joke. It was funny to think that the year he graduated everyone had thought the world as they knew it would come crashing down… but—then—for one boy, Callan as sure it probably had. He wondered as he glanced around the gymnasium if the other would be there and if he was, if he would be able to talk to him. Perhaps he’d be able to tell he was sorry for his harsh behavior on graduation day. Maybe they could be friends again—but he doubted it. Tora probably hated Callan’s guts and Callan couldn’t really say he would blame the male.

But as an excuse—he’d been young, and stupid. A poor excuse, yes, but the best one he could come up with.

A few of his former classmates greeted him happily as he made his way into the gym. Patting his back and asking how he’d been. He smiled and laughed and introduced them to his ‘beautiful wife’ who blushed and smiled holding on loving to her husband’s arm. So far things were going smoothly enough. The others around him kept his mind from wondering too far off, and he was able to enjoy the conversations. Swooping tails of what they’d been up to, where they’d gone with their lives and then backing up bring up some of the more idiotic things they’d done in high school. Callan’s laughter echoed along with everyone else’s.

Maybe if the night continued this way it wouldn’t be so bad.
Body Sample

Elizabeth really was beautiful. She easily caught the eye of most the men there, and even a few of them woman were staring at her. Callan couldn’t help but have a stupid grin plastered on his face. Who wouldn’t when your wife was not only gorges outside but in as well? She smiled and chatted along with all of Callan’s formers classmates; not once acting uncomfortable with being surrounded by people she didn’t know. He truly was lucky—but still...

His thoughts roamed for a minute and he let his eyes pull away from the crowd that surrounded him and his wife. Trying to catch a glimpse of boy he had once spent so many nights with. It was silly to be looking for him; Tora probably wanted nothing to do with Callan. If the situation has been turned around Callan was sure he wouldn’t have wanted to deal with the other male—even ten years later. But something in his gut made him look. “Huh?” He blinked turning his glaze back towards Terry, one of his old football friends, clearing missing whatever his old friend said. “Sorry… I missed what you said” He hadn’t been paying attention, mind else were.

Terry just chuckled and shook his head rolling his eyes.”You haven’t changed much have you!” He picked pushing Callan lightly by the shoulder. A playful gesture and made Callan roll his eyes. “I asked where you’d been hiding your wife, dimwit”

Callan scoured at the others words. “Dimwit? If I remember right you were second to last in our whole class! Barely passed if I remember correctly.” He scoffed, smirking at the male. It was too easy to pick on each other. “But I haven’t been hiding her anywhere.” Shrugging his shoulders he smiled over at his wife who returned the gesture politely.

“Honey” Elizabeth said softly, drawing more than just her husband’s attention. “do you mind if we head over to the refreshment table? I would really like something to drink”

Nodding, Callan glanced at his former friends and smirked. “Sorry guys, but my wife wants something to drink, so you’ll have to excuse us.” Chuckling he pushed past the group that had surrounded him, a couple of the men giving him jealous looks. Sexy wife equals a healthy bust to ones ego, and he couldn’t help but continue to smirk and walk as if he had won the lottery. “What would you like to drink, dear?” He asked as he let his eyes scan the little table. They had all different types of drinks, from alcoholic bereaves to tea and punches. “They have that fruity little wine cooler you like so much” He offered nodding his head towards the drink.

Much to his surprise though she shook her head “No, it wouldn’t be a good idea.” She stated softly as she picked up a glass of sweet tea. He was just about to ask why when Elizabeth cut him off, pointed up into the bleachers at a couple of people setting there talking. “Isn’t that one guy one of your old friends?” She asked softly. Callan’s eyes followed hers until he froze. Sitting on the bleachers talking to one of his old high school friends was Tora…But.. how had Elizabeth known they knew each other.

“Eh.. Y.yeah.” He chocked out after a moment. “How did you know that though?”

Taking his hand Elizabeth tugged him forwards, towards his old lover. “You have a picture of him in your wallet silly. I’m your wife, don’t you think I would notice when you carry around a picture of another person. He must have been really important to you right? Let’s go say hi~” She chuckled as she tugged him towards the one person that he had hoped would never met his wife.

Reaching the pair Elizabeth smiled and greeted them both in a sweet voice. “Hello. I am Elizabeth, Callan’s wife.” A smile plastered over her face. Her drink free hand wrapped lovingly around Callan’s arm, as she leaned against him. And—for once since he’d walked into the place—he wished his wife wouldn’t show such affection towards him.

Shifting a little uncomfortably he smiled. “Hey…” He finally said after a moment nodding at the male he hadn’t seen in ten years.
Body

Callan watched the other male closely—it wasn’t hard to see Tora felt as awkward as he did. It also wasn’t hard to see that when the other male smiled it didn’t reach his eyes. Yes, he smiled and it looked good on him—but it wasn’t the smile Callan remembered. The smile Callan remembered could light up a room, it took over all of Tora’s face, the one the male showed now wasn’t even a fraction of that smile. It was a dull comparison and it caused Callan’s stomach twisted a little as he wondered if he was the reason behind that fake smile. He was sure he was, but he wouldn’t ask. He wouldn’t reopen old wounds.

Instead he let out a soft chuckle and nodded. “Yeah…Been married for going on five years now…Got a little girl at home. Cutest thing ever, Emily” He smiled fondly as he thought of his little girl. “Three years old last month, spoiled rotten and knows it I think –so needless to say, unless I just want my lovely wife here to kick me on the couch for the next year, clubbing probably wouldn’t the be the best of ideas.” Not with Tora anyway. Elizabeth just chuckled at her husband’s words and shook her head.

“I probably wouldn’t kick you on the couch, not for a year anyway.” She said teasingly as she let go of his arm to take a seat by Tora.Turning slightly so that she was facing him she smiled. “You must have been really good friends wish Callan, huh?” She asked innocently. And before Callan realized what she was doing or where she was going with her statement she went on. “He hasn’t ever spoken of you. But I knew you right away. He carries a picture of you around in his wallet so I can only assume you two must have been really close.”

Cringing a little Callan looked away from the two. That wasn’t a fact he had wanted Tora to know. Hadn’t even thought his wife knew it, but apparently she had. Clearing his throat he kept his eyes away from them both. “Elizabeth…” He said softly, trying to warn his wife she was treading in dangerous territory. “I’m sure Tora doesn’t want to hear things like that…” He said as he finally brought himself to look over at them both, smiling. Though, like Tora’s smile before his, it didn’t reach his eyes. Elizabeth blinked her soft green eyes at her husband a confused look playing over her face.

She’d been so sure they’d been close before, so why was her husband standing around so awkwardly now. Why didn’t he want her telling his friend that he apparently still thought of him from time to time, or cherished him enough to continue to carry a picture of Tora around? She couldn’t see the bigger picture, though Callan didn’t expect her too. As far as she’d ever knew Callan had only ever been with woman—and he wasn’t likely to tell her differently anytime soon.

“Okay….” She said before turning her attention back towards the other male. “So are you Married Tora? If so is your wife here? I’d love to met her if she is~” Cute as always she smiled softly at the male she addressed. She apparently wasn’t going to give up so easily. Not this time anyway. Callan sighed and decided to take a seat beside his wife hoping that she wouldn’t cause to much damage to the other male.
Body

The subtle chime of the little bell above the door signaling the entrance of another customer, the light scent of the many different flavors of coffee drinks, and the low mumbling of the people around as they spoke to one another all but melted away into nothingness as the still figured in the corner allowed his crystal blue eyes to scan the miniature print that pasted its way across the book page. Fray Wrights had all but forgotten about the world around him and the annoyance he had felt at his girlfriend, Sara, for standing him up as his mind absorbed the pages in front of him. He was lost, like he often was when reading, in the little world that flowed soundless across the bound pages. Giving them life, voices and faces that they otherwise wouldn’t have.

The real world around him was of little more than an afterthought compared to that of the one that lined the pages of his book. He had always been like that, able to tone out the rest of the world as he let his imagination be swept off into whatever wonderland he was reading about at the time. So deeply was he able to do this that nothing else registered in his brain. His left hand held tight to the cooling cup of coffee, every once in a while allowing his little finger to twitch as it tried not to fall asleep, his right hand held fast to the book that had so caught his interest. Elizabeth Bennet the witty but charming protagonist of the story was once again trying to match wits with Fitzwilliam Darcy after being turned down at the local dance.

It always made Fray smirk reading as Elizabeth came up with one theory after another supporting her own beliefs. It was truly a wonderful story and so easy to get into, or so he believed anyway. But then again, he was a lover of most things classical be it books, music, or art he could almost always find some kind of meaning within them all as he read, listened or looked at the work from every angle.

It was his ability to be so drawn into book that had allowed him to work his way through college even. As his roommate had been one of those loud, party at all hours kind of guys. Though it has served him well in college it was perhaps not always a good thing in the real world. Where things happened on a dime and one should always have a least half an eye on the things around them. Perhaps if he had kept this in mind he would have paid more attention to his surroundings, paid more attention as the handsome blond male worked his way over to him, and perhaps he would even have noticed as the blond male that had entered the café a few moments ago went for his book. But instead Fray was thrown completely off guard and stared blankly at the spot that his book at been, thrust all at once from the world of literature back into the world of the living, of real things and real people. He wasn’t sure he liked it.

Glancing up Fray almost expected to see Sara setting there before him, glare plastered on her face as it always was when he was paying more attention to his book than he was to her. Instead he was caught not by a vivid green glare, but instead by deep hazel eyes that almost seemed to pull him in all at once. He stared blankly into them for a moment he tried concentrated and bring himself fully back to reality. Where have I seen though eyes before? They seemed so familiar, but at the same time they were complete strangers to him as well. Coming to his senses he shook his head lightly before pulling his glaze away from those two beautiful orbs to glance at the face they belong to.

Male; tall, taller than himself by at least three inches though he couldn’t be one hundred present sure sitting down. He was well built, handsome and no doubt the heartache of many girls. But why was he sitting with him? His eyes quickly scanned the café thinking perhaps it had filled while he was reading, but no—there were still many empty tables, one of which was right beside him. Turning a curious eye back to the blond Fray was about to speak when the male started up before he could—apparently not for the first time either.

When the males warm hand, a strong contrast to his naturally cold skin, moved across his ear down to face he couldn’t help but shutter and stare at him, his crystal blue eyes wide with shock. Was this stranger blatantly hitting on him?! They were in a public place, a family owned café that still catered to children as well as adults for god’s sake! And here the strange blond man was making a tasteless move on Fray, someone that he didn’t even know. How—how disrespectful could one person be. Not only for Fray but also towards the other customers of the place; while Fray did not mind homosexuality, he also knew that not everyone else cared for it and it made some uncomfortable— though at the moment it was making him so as well.

Pushing back his seat a little he narrowed his eyes. “Excuse you, but I have not been stood up.” He lied gritting his back teeth in both annoyance at the male for being right and a renewed anger at Sara for making him right. “And I would also ask you not to touch me.” He added smugly. He had no tolerance for men who seemed to think that just because they were ‘good’ looking in the eyes of most that they could do whatever they pleased. Pigs, outrageous knuckleheaded, pee-brained idiots that gave the rest of them bad names that was all the men like him were. Be them straight or gay.
Intro

White lined the ground and trees, reflecting light that shown down brightly from a cloudless sky. Snow had fallen the previous night, covering the world in a beautiful blanket of thick frozen powder. The light shimmered off the white casting hues of pinks, blues and yellows here and there across the land, making it seem almost truly like a winter wonderland. The few birds that dared stay around during the winter months sang happily adding a sense of life to the beautifully tranquil scene. It was a typical midmorning winter day in the mountains of Northern Colorado.

A little road twisted its way up the mountain ridge curling its way away from civilization and all things human. The only sign of human life that could be seen for miles was the road itself, which was quickly being taken over by the wilderness around it, and a small black four door BMW that cruised along it slowly.

A slender male with dark brown hair sat behind the wheel of the car, smiling lightly and holding the hand of a redheaded woman beside him. Her free hand rested lightly on her extended belly, as the little child within wiggled about. She coed lightly, and smiled, her naturally pale skin flushed with joy. Classical musical played through the speakers; more for the mothers pleasure than the males, feeling the car with a calmly sort of feeling. Two young boys sat quietly in the back, ones legs pulled up to his chest playing a handheld game boy system while the other sat with a large book in his lap flipping through the pages as if he could actually understand the large words the lettered it.

The boys, only four years old at the time, looked almost exactly the same; but that tended to happen when you were born a twin. They shared their father’s looks, but mothers red hair and pale skin along with most of the same fetchers that would have made them unique. But they did not mind. They actually enjoyed the company of one another, unlike most siblings—but then the bond of twins has almost always been stronger than that of regular siblings.

The family was on their normal winter outing. Every winter, close to Christmas, the family would go out to a family owned cabin away from the city and hectic life of the ‘real world’. They would set up the little cabin with a hand cut Christmas tree and a fire to warm it. This year would be no different than any other year. Or so they thought anyway.

Closing the book the smaller of the two twins, the one that was normally sick, pulled himself up to look out the widow. His naturally pale face, a trait picked up from his mother, was reddened lightly from yet another cold though this didn’t stop his eyes from lighting up at he realized they were getting closer to the little wooden cabin he loved so much. Sniffling he wiped his nose on the back of his long sleeve shirt before turning towards his mother, Clarissa, who was now resting her head lightly against the window. “Can I play in the snow when we gets there, momma!” He pouted, trying to reach up to tug on her sleeve, only to be stopped by his seatbelt.

Smiling back at him she started to reply but stopped and sighed a little taking in his reddened face. “Baby, you’re still sick…Perhaps after you’ve rested a little, Fray.” She said leaning back to brush her hand against his forehead. “He’s fever is coming back, darling… Did you bring the medication the doctor gave us?” She asked turning her attention to her husband, Marcus, who nodded in response to her. “Yeah, it’s the bag with the cell phone. I figured we should bring them both in case they were needed.”

Whining lightly Fray leaned back against his seat again. He might be sick, but he didn’t feel it. He was too excited to really feel the cold that was working its way through his body. He wanted to play outside with his brother and to explore like they always did when they came to visit the cabin. It always seemed to change every time they visited and he was sure this time would be no different, as the world was always changing. He was fascinated by the little worlds around the place, and he would spend hours playing around them, taking in all the little bugs and animals that lived in each habitat. His father always chuckled when he would come rushing up to him, holding yet another creature he had found to ask what it was called and explain all the exciting things he had learnt. So he wanted to get outside as soon as they got there. Tyler, his brother, wasn’t as interested in the life of the animals as he was, but he always joined him in playing anyways which made it that much more fun. Besides all that, he didn’t like waiting.

They were about forty minutes from the cabin when everything started to go wrong. Head pressed against the window of the car Fray watched as a motorcycle and driver came speeding up behind them. Giggling lightly he watched as the male, seeing that he was being watched, pulled the bike up on one wheel showing off for the toddler. Laughing as the male on the bike speed forward ahead of them he leaded over, trying to get a better look between the seats. He moved just in time to see the bike pull back into their lain to sharply causing it to wobble and tip over on its side. The male on the bike skidded across the ground in front of them, causing Clarissa scream out.

Everything happened so fast it took less than three minutes from start to finish. The car breaks screeched as they tried to find traction on the frozen road to no avail. Hitting the motorbike the car span to the lift the back end hitting a young tree that had grown to close to the road and causing the car to tip and roll down the steep incline beside it before finally landing upside down at the bottom.

The windows of the little car, not made to withstand so much trauma, shattered as the car hit the bottom exposing the four people inside to the frozen earth. The biker, shaken but mostly unharmed, quickly pushed his way down the sloops, face pale at what he had caused. Dropping to his knees as he reached the little car he tried to pull the children out first. Tyler’s belt came undone easily and he was quickly pulled from the wreck, though hurt and bleeding. Fray on the other hand wasn’t so lucky. His seatbelt was stuck and the male was unable to pull him out. Groaning lightly Marcus managed to tell the male about the phone in one of the trunks. Though it took a little while for the male to find the right one, he finally did and called 911.

It took the ambulance over thirty minutes to reach them… In which time Fray, already sick with a cold, lay crying out for his mommy to help him. His side hurt badly from a large gash that was seeping blood, his head was killing him from the blood rushing to it and everything was upside down! He didn’t understand what was going on, not to mention it had started to snow again and the wind easily blowing the cold substance into the car with him. Though what probably upset him the most was that no matter how much he cried, how hard he tried to get her attention his mother, who he could just make out through burred tear-filled eyes, would not answer him. Would give him no words of comfort, she just sat there, arms hanging above her head motionless. He continued to call to her though, until he finally passed out from blood loss and the cold.

From that point on the two boys, who had sat in back seat, worlds would change. The sound of tires skidding and the screams of their parents mingled with their own had signaled a change in what they knew taking away from them everything they had ever known. When the smallest boy, Fray, woke to a bright light he had no way of knowing that two weeks had passed since he had last opened his eyes. His brother, Tyler, lay on a bed beside him, looking paler than usual with his eyes closed. Trying to push himself up a little he winced and fell back down, holding onto his side. “Mommy” he pouted looking around, trying to find the comforting site of his parents. “Mommy!” He called out louder, causing his brother to stir a little.

Hearing his calls a tall male dressed in a white lab coat came into the room. Looking down sorrowfully at him he sat down on the edge of his bed. “Shh…” He said, trying to calm Fray. “Your Mother and father didn’t make it son…She can’t come comfort you, they died in the crash that brought you here...” Staring up at the man tears stained the corners of Frays eyes as the words registered in his mind. He didn’t really understand death, but he knew that it meant he would never see his mother or father again. He had learnt it only a few months ago when his grangran had passed of what the grownups called cancer. He had wanted to see her, had begged, but they had told him that she had gone to heaven and that she could see him but he would never be able to see her again.

Would that be the same with his mother and father? Would he really never be able to see them again? Who would take care of him then, fix him his breakfast and kiss his booboos when he was hurt… who would make him feel better when he was sick or tell him a bedtime story when he couldn’t sleep because he had a nightmare… All the things parents were suppose to do for their children. Biting his bottom lip he started to sob loudly. The doctor stayed with him, rubbing his back and trying to comfort him until he finally cried himself to sleep.

~~

Luckily for Fray and his brother they wouldn’t have to wait long after being released from the hospital to figure out what was going to happen to them. Though their parents were gone their grandfather was still alive and though he was too old and far to busy to take care of two young boys he had agreed to find a family for them. People that he trusted and knew would take good care of the both of them so that they wouldn’t be split up. He also assured them that though he couldn’t take care of them himself, that he would remain in their lives. He loved them both after all and only wanted the very best for them. So two months after the death of their parents Fray and Tyler Mcilroy moved into the house of Mr. And Mrs. Wright, close friends of the family and started life anew.

Life went on, Fray and Tyler soon because a normal part of the family though Fray would from time to time cry himself to sleep at night. Things continued this way until he was around six years old when Mrs. Write, whom by this point Fray was finally calling mom, had another child, a baby boy. They already had one child, a girl, but she was older and Fray, though warming up to her, still hadn’t found himself extremely found of her. She was a curious little girl and liked to ask them a lot of questions that he would rather not answer…not that he remembered a lot of it anyway. His new little ‘brother’ on the other hand was cute and easy to play with and talk to and Fray soon started to lighten up and actually feel as if he belonged with his new family.

At the age of sixteen Fray graduated with honors from his high school and was easily accepted into Yale University under the Education program. Life was going great, or at least it was until his second year in college, at the age of nineteen, when his last living relative took a turn for the worst. His grandfather was getting up in age, so Fray really couldn’t expect him to live forever, but it didn’t mean that he wasn’t upset by the news. He started spending most of his free time over that the male’s house, helping take care of him and keeping him company. He wanted to have as much time as he possible could with his grandfather before he passed. Fray hadn’t allowed that privilege with his real parents, and he wasn’t about to give it up here.

It was perhaps because of this that when the will was read most of their grandfathers money had gone to Fray. Oh, the old man had left some for Tyler and for their adopted mother and father but it was nothing compared to the sum that had been left to Fray. Though he wasn’t allowed to touch it till he turned twenty-nine or until he got married, the money had been left as a nest egg to help him start a life, not to swindle away on pointless things [not that he would have done that anyway].

Able to touch it or not, he was glad to know it was there for when he truly needed it. He didn’t tell very many people about his money, preferring to keep it to himself as he worked his way through college. His best friend, Greg, and a few other people that he trusted dearly where the only people outside of this family that he felt the need to tell.

Greg, his best friend since middle school, was a character all of his own. He thought Fray should try to figure out a way to get the money early. Oh, how he could think of things to do with it if he were his. But Fray only laughed at him and rolled his eyes. “You’d probably just use it to open a gay bar so that maybe you’d get hit on for once” Fray said smirking as he picked on his friends sexual orientation. It was a well known fact that Greg was gay. Though he wasn’t overly flamboyant or obvious about it, he had no problem telling others either. Girls were always sent away pouting when they came up to him looking for a date. He saw it as a good thing that he was that comfortable with his sexuality, Fray just thought it was silly.

Either way, Greg was the only person Fray would talk openly about the money with. Or at least he was until Fray met Sara Winewright. She was a stall slender girl that could have easily been a model if she had chosen that path. Her golden locks where always styled fashionable in one way or another and she prided herself on the way she dressed. A lot of the guys at Yale wanted her, but she had chosen Fray. Why he wasn’t sure, but he wasn’t complaining either. He would get jealous glares from the other males as Sara and him passed arm in arm, and it actually felt kind of nice to know that they wished they were in his shoes.

He couldn’t really say that he loved her. He hadn’t ever really thought he had loved any girl, but he knew he cared for her greatly. She was smart, charming, and very good looking, but she could also be a little on the stuck up side as well. She was use to fine things, and was never one to point out if something was ‘tacky’ or to ‘unrefined’ for her tastes. They stayed together all through his college career and after.

When Fray turned twenty-two she started hinting about marriage. She couldn’t have kids, which was a good thing since Fray didn’t want any, but she had in her words “hoped to start as much of a family as she could, soon”. He’d put it off. He wasn’t sure he was ready for marriage, but he knew that if he didn’t decide soon he might lose her, which was something he didn’t really want either. When he turned twenty-three she was starting to go impatient, not use to waiting for things she wanted and she wanted him to ask her. And he was starting to think he should just give in. He didn’t figure he would find anyone like her again so perhaps it was time to settle down.

He had a good job, a nice little apartment that was more than adequate for the two for the two of them, money saved up and whenever he finally said his ‘I dos’ a lot more coming to him. If now wasn’t the time to get married, he wasn’t sure he ever would.

It was a chilly Sunday morning in mid December. Sara had called Fray the night before stating that she wanted to talk. Her younger sisters wedding was coming up [a fact that annoyed her horrible, because her YOUNGER sister was getting married before her] and they needed to plan everything out. What kind of gift they would get her [something expensive that Fray would have to pay for, and would probably go unused], what kind of dress she would be getting [again at Frays expense], and a million other things including how they were going to get there, as Fray refused to own a car.

He always walked everywhere, and today was no different. Jacket pulled tight over his body he waited passing back and forth for her to arrive. She was already bordering on an hour and a half late, and instead of the day getting warmer as it went along it was only getting colder, threatening snow. Grumbling to himself he gave up and set off towards a local coffee shop he often frequented. He would try to call her and inform her where he was after he had something warm in his hands. He would also tell her off for not calling him to let him know that she was going to be late. He hated it when she would forget to inform him something had come up.

The warm air of the coffee shop was more than welcome as he entered. The smell of the homemade coffees was also welcome and he quickly made his way over to order his favorite, Caffe Latte. Paying for the cup he moved over to one of the many two seater tables and pulled out his phone, quickly sending Sara a text explaining that he had gotten tired of waiting for her and that he could be found at the little coffee shop on the corner and fifth and Main. Replacing his phone he pulled out the book he’d been rereading for the hundredth time: Pride and Predigest. He would wait for here there for at least another hour, or until she replied to his text.

::Intro post::
He first spotted her when he’d been taking an unauthorized break. Drake Addison knew all too well that he would pay for the action later, but to see the foreign beauty—it was almost worth it. She was easily the most breathtaking creature he had ever seen in his twenty-four years upon that world. And no amount of punishment would make him regret seeing her. His blue gray eyes watched her from his shadowy hiding spot. The way she moved, twirling in the summer light as her dress and long brunette hair spun around her, made his chest tighten. His heart, which he was sure had never beat before that moment, pounded against his chest almost painfully. His hand clinched tight to his dirt ridden tunic as he tried to tame his wild heart.

His mouth and throat seemed to have lost all ability to make saliva leaving them feeling as if he’d never had a drink of water in his life. He licked his lips and swallowed unconsciously trying to bring some of the moister back to no avail.

His loins burned with desire as he watched the foreign beauty stride gracefully by his hiding place. I must have her The thought startled him a little, but once he’d dared realize the thought he knew it was true. It fueled him, pushed him forward out of the shadows and towards the woman he knew would be his bride. What chance he really had he wasn’t sure—but his stubbornness wouldn’t allow him to give in. He would make her his, no matter the costs.
But first…he needed to talk to her. Find out her name, where she was from, and just who she was. He was sure she was from a high social standing but at that point he didn’t care. It didn’t matter—he would court her and she would love him. He could picture it even then – along with a few other things he would like to do with the woman. He had to clear his head of such thoughts. It’d do no good to have such impure thoughts running through his mind when he spoke to the woman.

Biting down on the bottom of full pale lips he approached the woman from the side. Her lovely chocolate cream eyes sparked with her laughter and joy as she spoke to the woman beside her. Had the other woman always been there, beside the beauty? If she had been Drake hadn’t noticed her before that moment. She wasn’t of importance anyway—the only important thing was the beautiful woman that accompanied her showering the world with her bell like laughter. It was easily the most enchanting sound in the world to Drake’s ears. It made him smile, a lips pulling up in an awkward, lopsided smile as he listened and watched her.

He was almost upon her when she finally turned her lovely orbs on him, the humor still apparent in the deep browns. Though a spark of curiosity now lingered on the edges as she watched him approach, taking in everything about his appearance. From his long legs, pale eyes and the auburn color mess on top of his head. He nervously combed the mess of hair, trying to make himself look decent—though the mop, like always, did as it wanted to.

Shifting uncomfortable from one long leg to another under her watchful glaze Drake felt a sudden heat move over his face. What was she seeing he wondered? The peasant boy who’s soft feathers and pale skin didn’t match the work consent outside he did? The boy who was only just a old enough to be called a man and who was still awkward and a little clumsy from time to time, or was she seeing the hard working man that spent his days out in the harsh sunlight working the beautiful gardens that surrounded her now, framing her beauty and enhancing it? The man that could hold her in his strong arms and make her feel safe? He couldn’t tell—but he honestly hoped it was the latter.

Turning her glace she spoke to her friend in a language Drake didn’t understand before both girls burst out in a fit of giggles. Drakes blush deepened as he tried to bring himself back around. He’d come over here for a reason. He’d wanted to talk to this beautiful madden—to find out everything he possible could about her. Taking a deep breath he steadied himself. Talking to her shouldn’t be this hard..but it was. For one, now that she had spoken, he wasn’t even sure she would be able to understand him..and if she couldn’t…then what?

It was no time to worry over such things though. The only way Drake would ever find out was to try, and he was dead set on trying—even if it made an idiot out of himself. Clearing his throat he made to ask for her name.

“Airi, darling! ~” A male’s voice cut him off before he could utter a word. Stiffening Drakes eyes narrowed dangerously as he looked behind him towards the source of the voice. Anger started to bubble up in his gut as his eyes confirmed the voice to belong to the prince—Malin. The male swept by him as if Drake wasn’t there, and to Drakes horror took the beautiful madden in his arms. “I’ve been looking all over the palace for you, where have you been?”

She flushed and smiled up at him and in a voice that was clearly flustered spoke. “Malin” Her voice was heavily accented, but just as beautiful as the rest of her and clearly English—which meant that she could understand him. “I was just taking a walk with Haruko. Your gardens are beautiful.” She said glancing up at the man that held her tight in his arms. Turning her head slightly she caught Drakes eyes and smiled warmly. “I…believe this young man wanted to say something a moment ago” She said bringing him back into the picture.

Drake flushed again and bowed his head, embarrassed and angry. Clearly the two were a couple. Why was this happening to him? Malin was the prince for god’s sake; he could have any woman in the world—so why did it have to be the one woman Drake wanted? “Who? Oh…Him.” The prince’s words forced Drakes eyes back up. “He’s just a servant boy, my love. I’m sure whatever he has to say in unimportant. Besides—we have our wedding to finish planning. Mother wanted to ask your opinion on a few things. Personally, I don’t understand it all, but alas she says there is a proper way to go about these things…” Each word was like a dagger to his heart, and he wasn’t sure what one had hurt worse—the fact that the prince had emphasized that he was a boy—not a man but boy—or the news that they were to be wed.

She was taken—and not just by anyone, but the prince himself. Turning on his heels he marched away from the happy couple. He couldn’t stand it—couldn’t stand to see her in that low life’s arms. To know that she would be his, and that he would get to do all the things that had only a little while ago had been playing in his mind. It made him sick. He didn’t deserve her—he was a selfish stuck up, no good, idiot that cared more about how he looked than how the country was ran.

God, he’d never wished for someone’s death more than he did at that exact moment.
Days passed and word traveled about the beautiful madden. She was foreign—a princess from a kingdom across the sea. They were to be married to bring the two countries together in trade and piece. It was—a good mirage…but it still pissed Drake off. He could honestly care less if the two kingdoms went to war. He just wanted the beautiful girl, everything else could go to hell.
But…how? How would he get the girl when she already belonged to someone else? That was the question and it was easily causing his head to spin everyday that passed.

And with each day that passed…the wedding grew closer.

He was becoming more and more frustrated. He had to figure something out..Anything.. anything at all…

“I dare you to go to the old Sorcerer’s place” A young boys voice cut into his thoughts one evening as he sat, for the hundredth time trying to figure out what to do.

“No way! Have you heard the rumors about that place…what he does to the people that come sneaking onto his property? You sneak onto his place if you want, I’m not stepping one foot near that place.” Another voice cut in, causing a group to burst out laughing in response.

They continued to talk as they moved on, but whatever was said next Drake missed. He was already up and moving. The group of children had given him his answer! He’d go to the old sorcerer! He’d be able to ask the old hermit for an answer—maybe he could even get a spell or something that could help.

He just had to find the place first. He’d been near it once before, but never actually gotten close enough to see the old man. It’d been years since then as well—back when he’d been thirteen years old and foolish. It was probably foolishness now that led him to look for the old hermit, but he couldn’t think like that. All he could think was that the sorcerer has the answers he needed, longed for—and he’d give anything for them.

The harsh shrubbery slapped at his legs, arms, and face as he pushed through the dense forest. As often as the teens of the kingdom come down this way he’d have thought there would be a trail, but there wasn’t even the classic animal trail. It was as if the forest wouldn’t allow it, as if it was trying to keep the hermit hidden from the outside world. A shiver ran down his back and he thought that over—maybe…it was? But…then…he wouldn’t be sure of that.

Turning he let out an annoyed groan. He’d been traveling for hours—had it always been this far? Or had he made a wrong turn somewhere? He couldn’t remember it taking this long when he’d been a kid. But then, he’d also traveled it with friends—solitude almost always made things seem like they took longer. He wasn’t sure what he would do if somehow he had made a wrong turn. He didn’t know these parts of the woods that well and he could easily get lost. Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea he thought, but decided to continue to push forward anyway—his stubbornness getting the better of him. Another little bit…If I don’t see anything soon I’ll turn around.

He was just about to give in he finally pushed through a large shrub and into a clearing. He blinked and looked around. He’d found it. He couldn’t help but let out a laugh as he realized he’d actually found it. He’d get the sorcerer to give him whatever he needed to get the foreign beauty, Airi. Maybe…just maybe this could turn his life around. Maybe…
--------------------------------------------------------Leon
User Image

User Image
Neither Leon nor Marrick is the more dominate one in this couple. They tend to go back and forth depending on the mood. Leons face is more long and angular which is only accentuated by hes pointy goatee. The faun is often seen with a mischievous smirk. He's a fast talker and given the chance he might talk ones ear off. He also has no personal bubble tends to be very touchy. Hes a little shorter then Marrick but not by much. He likes fruits and wine. Hes also a theif and steals from humans He steals from humans whenever he can get the chance, using his magic to get away with the items before the humans have enough noticed they are missing. His home is junked up with all the things he has stolen. Hes extremely prideful of his home.

Marrick--------------------------------------------------------

User Image
User Image
Marrick is quiet, preferring to keep his thoughts to himself and easily withdrawn. He likes to play music on a flute he carved himself. He is scared to open up to anyone due to the lose of his original mate. She was killed and Marrick blames himself.

His body type is strong, well built but not overly muscular, his face is rounder than Leon's, but still manly. He is the taller of the pair as well. His eyes are blue, the only color on an almost full white body. The fur on his legs is lightly thicker than that of Leon's, due to the fact that Marrick use to live up on the mountains before the death of his last mate.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff