Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Duck

User Image
                  x ⌈ ♔ ████ LUKAS STEWART
                  xxxxxlocation; royal castle, dining hallxxxxxwith; princess aviannaxxxxxfeeling; tired, moody

xxxxxx▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊

"MORNING~!"

A pink blur tackled the irritated blond, greeting him with a happy yell. Lukas groaned as he slumped forward with her weight, pushing his stew aside. "Avianna, it's too early to be yelling in this castle..." he grumbled as she finally released him. The blue-eyed princess grinned at him happily, pulling up the wooden chair next to him and sitting down. Reaching for his plate of eggs, Lukas glanced at her with a curious look. "And what are you so excited about? Do you really want to get rid of me that badly?" He began stuffing egg after egg in his mouth. It was really too early in the morning...damn it.

The pink-haired child shook her head frantically. "No, no! Lukas is my favorite!" As if to prove her point, Avianna hugged his arm. The thirteen-year-old princess was quite the ball of energy. "I'm just excited to see all the people you picked! Maybe there'll be a really handsome man amongst them!" ...She was a bit of an air-headed romantic as well. Lukas stiffened at her words.

'I'm going to personally kill that b*****d, whoever he turns out to be.' He stabbed his eggs viciously. Who the hell cared if the moron was going to be joining his quest? No one was going to touch his little sister. No one. And he'd be damned if that ever changed. Avianna giggled at his expression, clearly not understanding that her hopes would soon be squashed by this overprotective older brother. Oh well. Not like she needed to know. He sighed as he reached for the bowl of stew again. Who cared if he was late? He was the prince. They would just have to simply wait for him.

User Image
                  x ⌈ ♔ ████ VANGUARD ECKERT
                  xxxxxlocation; royal castle, courtyardxxxxxwith; no one in particularxxxxxfeeling; amused

Vanguard glanced down at the letter in his hands once more. Thick parchment, high quality, with the prince's neat scrawl written across it. The personal seal and coat of arms at the bottom of the letter proved it to be genuine. Vanguard, having received the letter yesterday, had already packed everything, magicked it into his traveling bag, and prepared the horse he would be riding. The wizard chuckled with amusement as he crossed the courtyard, wondering if his apprentice had received a letter as well.

He made his way down to the throne room, where the prince was supposed to be. However, there was no one in sight, save for a few scurrying servants. "Ah. As I expected," Vanguard sighed before taking a seat on one of the chairs that had been hastily set up. What a luxury, to sit in the presence of a king. He supposed this quest was a rather...how should he put it? Vanguard shrugged, putting the thought aside from now.

Closing his eyes, he pulled out his pipe and lit it. An old wizard's companion... He then smiled as he felt the flare of a familiar aura. As the doors opened again, he greeted the girl. "Good morning, Adeliere." His apprentice waved with a distracted nod. She was mumbling something to herself again.

User Image
                  x ⌈ ♔ ████ ADELIERE LOXLEY
                  xxxxxlocation; loxley manorxxxxxwith; father, servantsxxxxxfeeling; pensive, uncertain

"B-But father..."

"You'll be fine! I can watch over the house while you're gone!"

"That's exactly what I'm afraid of..."

"What do you mean?!"

"Please, no matter what, do not go into the kitchen, try to avoid hunting and horseriding, and just stay in your room..."

Walter Loxley and Adeliere Loxley were having their typical argument. The senior Loxley was very excited at the prospect of his daughter going off on a grand quest while he watched over the manor as its lord. Yeah. Did I forget to mention that he's just a senile old man who is clearly no longer at the peak of his youth? No? Walter was always insisting on doing dangerous things that men his age clearly should not be doing because it's way too risky. Adeliere was very reluctant about leaving her father in charge of the manor (because he probably would burn it down by accident while she was off questing). Besides, why had his Highness invite her?

She was a mediocre magician, mediocre archer, and slighty above average swordsman. And she was a marquis. But that was just about it. Adeliere sighed, her grip around the letter tightening. Oh well. Might as well as make for the castle before she was late.

When she arrived at the castle, it was understandable that she was feeling more than a little bit uneasy. Stupid prince, stupid quest, stupid father... When Vanguard greeted her, she spared him a glance. "Good morning..." she trailed off before muttering to herself again. "Maybe I should've told Cook to make sure father stays out of the kitchen. Come to think of it, there's those flight of stairs leading up..." She continued on for a while, thinking about all the different ways her father would land in disaster.

User Image
                  x ⌈ ♔ ████ EӒRENDIL GALLAHAN
                  xxxxxlocation; forest roadxxxxxwith; no onexxxxxfeeling; calm, inquisitive

"Let's see...a turn here." Eärendil gently nudged his horse as it turned left, the royal castle coming into view. The blond was surprised by the letter he had received, wondering why the fourth prince chose him to join the questing party. 'I wonder how the others are like,' he thought curiously as he rode up to the drawbridge, which was then lowered to grant him entrance. The forest green cloak of the rangers billowed behind him, rising gently with the wind. The hood was pulled over his face, but his long golden locks swayed as the breeze passed by. He leaped off the horse nimbly, handing the steed to a stable boy who had hurried over.

Crisp staccato steps echoed across the stone walls as he made his way to the throne room, where the prince was supposed to receive them. Instead, he saw one of the most powerful wizards (who was part of the royal court) and...well, a woman. If the rumors were true, then she was the Marquis Loxley (she refused to be called a marchioness), and she was also the apprentice of wizard Eckert.

Eärendil nodded to each of them politely. "Good morning."

User Image
                  x ⌈ ♔ ████ SEBASTIAN BASKERVILLE
                  xxxxxlocation; baskerville manorxxxxxwith; parentxxxxxfeeling; curious, somewhat excited

"You take good care of yourself now."

"Yes, mother."

"I'm very proud of you."

"Thank you, father."

The young baron sighed quietly to himself as he finally hit the road. He had asked his parents to watch over the manor while he was away, and both had agreed. The road was a little lonely without anyone to keep him company... A small meow made Sebastian blink in surprise. Glancing down, he saw the head of his tabby cat poke out of his traveling bag. He stifled an urge to laugh. Since when had Taggle...? "Alright, let's see if we can convince the prince to let you tag along." Taggle meowed in agreement - was that amusement in the cat's tone?

♛┋ TiMESKiPPiNG !!

"Good morning, everyone!" Sebastian greeted cheerfully with a laugh as he stepped into the room. "This little fella will be joining us, I'm afraid." The tabby on his shoulder meowed, opening one amber eye lazily. He swept a curious glance around the room. There was the wizard Vanguard Eckert, his apprentice Marquis Loxley, and a ranger. Ah. Interesting. Stepping up to the marquis, who gave him a curious look in turn, he grapsed her hand and lifted it up. Placing a kiss on the back of her hand, he smiled. "A pleasure to meet you in person, Marquis Loxley."

"The pleasure is mine, Baron...?"

"Baskerville. But please, just call me Sebastian."

Dapper Duck

User Image

"Vesper, wake up," the gentle voice prodded at the edge of her consciousness. She stirred before a sigh escaped her lips and collapsed into the comfort of her pillow once more. "Vesper." The voice was now a little more urgent, and there was a large hand on her shoulder.

She stirred once more. "Hmmm," she sighed wearily before blinking open her left eye. Still half asleep, Vesper struggled to sit up before a pair of hands lifted her up. Her gaze shifted lazily to Vanguard. Oh. He set her down next to him, smoothing out the pillow she had been using before taking it out of his lap. "Don't you have a meeting?" Vesper asked, blinking at him through half lidded eyes.

Vanguard smiled at her, ruffling her already messed up hair. "You wouldn't wake up. I'm going now." He made to stand up, but Vesper was still holding onto his arm. Laughing in exasperation, Vanguard lifted his arm away. "Go find another pillow, Vesper." She glared at him crossly, trying to rub the sleep from her eyes. He left her on the couch - and she promptly fell into a light sleep once more.

Walking down to the meeting room, he knocked on the door lightly before going in and taking a seat. "Hello, everyone," he greeted cheerily, glancing around. "I'm sorry for my tardiness. A certain little bird wouldn't wake up." Far away, Vesper sneezed in her sleep. He wondered what the whole deal with the tension was. It seemed like everyone was on alert or something.

"Now, now. Let's not do anything hasty here," Vanguard said, trying to break the awkward atmosphere.

[ OOC: will make prettier later ]

Dapper Duck

User Image

★┊███ ` LOCATION↓ somewhere ↲
                  ★┊███ ` WITH↓ erhard ↲
                  ★┊███ ` MOOD↓ pleased, curious ↲
                  ★┊███ ` THEME↓ the curious village
                  ★┊███ ` OOC↓ LOL, so I keep posting for both before and after the timeskip? ↲

User Image
                                  "H-Huh? What about them?"

Ricordando shrugged casually, mustering a smile. "Nothing much. I don't know why, but I really like red eyes for some reason." The wine red eyes of misfortune had always been a source of fascination for her, but Coda couldn't figure out why. If she still had her memories, she would recall that her eldest brother's eyes were a deep crimson... "But they are pretty unique, signore! Il rosso è un colore magnifico." she assured him, feeling as if she had somehow offended this mortal in some way. She scoffed mentally, wondering why humans always valued the opinions of others.

"Hm... Coda, did you want to get something to eat?"

Ricordando looked up hopefully. Sure, he was a pesky human and all that but... Was there actually someone who wanted to spend time with her? "," Ricordando nodded, glancing at the various customers. "I rarely eat out, so it's a treat on the days I go to cafes." It was true though. As a witch, she had no desire for human food and was quite content with just watching her pets play around. One of the perks of being human was the delicious food they had. But it was still a lonely thing, eating by yourself all the time. At the melancholic thought, her face dropped into a frown.

-------------- TIMESKIPPING !! --------------

Night had long fallen, and Ricordando had spent a rather eventful day with the mortal known as Erhard. She was in a slightly good mood, humming along as she skipped back to her labyrinth, shedding her human form once she entered the barrier. Her dear pets rushed up to her, chanting loudly about some poem she didn't know. "I had a great day," Coda announced brightly, tapping one bony hand against her chin thoughtfully. "I really love humans sometimes~" She followed the brick path back to her rose garden, her joints clicking along with each step she took.

Being a half-skeleton was not as grand as it sounded. At least her bone was a polished onyx, instead regular rotting bone. That truly would've been unpleasant. "We're moving the labyrinth," Ricordando told her two familiars as she entered into her garden, clapping her hands together. "We're going to risk getting a bit closer to city life." Something else had captivated her interest, and Coda wasn't going to let go until she finally unraveled every single secret there was to this whole affair. She plopped down next to Claudio, dropping her head onto his chest and sighing.

"I had such a fun day," she mumbled, moving his arm so that it now draped across her waist. "I had too much fun." A small frown played at the edge of her lips. "In fact, I nearly forgot about all of you." This thought made Ricordando upset, her now ruby eyes taking on a dangerous glint. Why - the audacity of that human! How dare he try to make her forget her precious? But...Coda didn't want to kill him. There was still so many interesting things she could learn from him. When did things become this complicated?

"I'm going out again," she decided. "Sitting here is not doing any good for me."

...The outside air was good for her. Even in her witch form, Ricordando could appreciate the beauty of the night sky. This was how things were meant to be. Simple. Clear. She tensed, sensing a magical signature - damn it, one of those stupid magical girls was here to ruin her day again!

Notes
                                  Translations:

signore - sir
                                  Il rosso è un colore magnifico - Red is a magnificent color
                                  - Yes

Dapper Duck

User Image

LOCATION ★┊labyrinth, close to fountain xxx WITH ★┊no one in particular xxx OTHER ★┊witch form

Coda formed an ugly frown as she recognized the familiar tang of magic in the air. Magical girls. The air reeked of them, that ugly hope and brightness that would accompany their magic. Her lips curled in disgust, ruby eyes flashing dangerously as she relaxed her stance. Ricordando wasn't worried about the magical girls. They were weak, compared to her. She watched from the very outer edge of the labyrinth, wondering who would be foolish enough to come into her maze. Coda could not exist as a witch outside of her labyrinth, but she didn't want to venture out again as a human. "Nighttime is my domain, foolish humans," she sneered as she leaned against a paper rose, waiting for someone to come stomping in.

Next to her, a paper March Hare quivered nervously, holding a couple of paper spoons in his paper paw. Nearly all her familiars were driven crazy by the large amount of magic present, each of them eager to invite trespassers into their domain so they could "play." Unfortunately for them, it was a human who stumbled into their domain first. Coda watched the ungainly drunk man stumble about, cursing his life and glancing around her labyrinth like it was part of his hallucination. "Disgusting human, leave my realm," Ricordando commanded imperiously, pointing one black-boned finger at him. She felt powerful, her magical power humming in accordance with her.

The drunkard seemed to notice her for the first time. Instead of becoming frightened, he snapped at her instead. "An' wa da 'ell are you supp's ta beeeeee?" Coda's eyes narrowed at the human. Such insolence! Throwing out her hand, sheets of paper flew towards the man and buried him in it, slowly drowning out his screams. She flung the wrapped body aside, watching as it wriggled and muffled screams came out from it.

"A slow death is all you deserve," Coda told him coldly. "For daring to insult me." Now all she had to do was wait for him to finish his transformation. Ricordando had been looking for a huntsman for a while now.

Dapper Duck

User Image

I CAN OPEN YOUR EYES¹TAKE YOU! WONDER BY WONDER
            OVER SIDEWAYS AND UNDER ON A MAGIC CARPET RIDExxxxxxxOVER SIDEWAYS AND UNDER ON A MAGIC CARPET RIDE
            OVER SIDEWAYS AND UNDER ON A MAGIC CARPET RIDE
            xxxxxxxOVER SIDEWAYS AND UNDER ON A MAGIC CARPET RIDE
            AWHOLENEWWORLD ____A NEW FANTASTIC POINT OF VIEW
            xxxxNO ONE TO TELL US NO OR WHERE TO GO xxx ⇩⇩
            OR SAY WE'RE ONLY`███ DREAMING xx !!
            I'M LIKE A SHOOTING STAR xxx I'VE COME SO FAR xxx I CAN'T GO BACK TO WHERE I USED TO BE xxx I'LL CHASE YOU ANYWHERE
            I'M LIKE A SHOOTING STAR xxx I'VE COME SO FAR xxx I CAN'T GO BACK TO WHERE I USED TO BE xxx I'LL CHASE YOU ANYWHERE

User Image
                                      Wooof. Woooof. Woooooooo -

"Alright, alright, I'm up!" Reservoir grumbled sleepily, cracking open both eyes and instantly closing them at the bright sunlight. Waif nudged her face again, insisting that she hurry up and feed him. "For all things holy, just let me sleep!" Not happening. Waif seemed to almost sigh before leaping onto Reservoir's bed, dragging the lovely warm blankets off of her and pushing her towards the floor. Crash. A string of colorful profanities erupted from her mouth as the white-haired girl cursed at her dog, then at the sun, and then just at anything in general. But at least she was awake now.

Still grumbling, Reservoir got up sleepily and headed towards her closet. Changing into her "day" clothes, Res glared at the Alaskan Husky, who was staring back at her innocently."Good lord, you bloody dog. Didja have to wake me up that way?" The dog gave her a wolfish grin in reply. "Go away, you little bugger. And stop smiling at me that way." Reservoir sighed, leaving her bedroom. As she started down the hall, Reservoir observed the passersby. It still bothered her, seeing creatures and people pop out of nowhere only to rush through the front door. Thankfully, many of them didn't need her help - she absolutely dreaded the visitors that couldn't get to their own world. Like the three males who had currently gotten stuck in her house.

Freeloaders.

Reservoir opened the door to the bathroom and went to wash her face. By the time she stepped out, a ghost was passing by, trying to make idle chatter. It was hard, considering that Res had to avoid accidentally trampling a couple of ducklings. "It's a pleasant morning, isn't it?" The ghost asked in a lazy and slobbery tone, drifting beside the white-haired girl as she headed down to the kitchen. There was no response. Offended by her rude (or rather, lack of) response, the ghost huffed angrily and whoosed out the front door. Reservoir didn't bat an eye, only sighing in exasperation. She hated stuffy old ghosts.

She slid down the banister of the stairs, from the second floor down to the first. Upon reaching the landing, she almost groaned at the sight. Did she ever tell anyone how painful it was to host four dwarves? Two of them were sprawled across the sofa, one was propped on his elbow reading Twenth-Two Different Ways on How to Roast a Duck, and the last one was dangling from the ceiling, holding his breath. Wait - whaat? Reservoir stared at them incredulously. Gritting her teeth, she stepped forward. "Get out, now." The dwarves looked up in surprise at the interruption. "You are making a mess out of the great room. And you've been here for nearly fourteen days!" Reservoir threw her hands in exasperation. "You've already gotten what you wanted!" One of them raise an eyebrow.

"Hey, calm down, lady."

Res sighed in frustration, rubbing her temples wearily. Pointing one finger to the front door, she said, "Get out." When none of them moved, she added, "La princesa is waiting for you!" Noting their confused stares, Reservoir resisted the urge to facepalm right there and now. "Hello? Snow White?" A look of sudden understanding crossed their faces. Scooping up their hats, they bowed and hurried out the door.

As soon as they were gone, Res sighed in relief and sank into a nearby chair. Not a second later, her stomach growled loudly in an embarrassing manner. Unfortunately for the poor girl, there was no one else in sight, so she reluctantly dragged herself into the danger zone. No, kidding. It was the kitchen. But since it was Reservoir, we might as well as refer to it as a war zone. Dragging a chair over, Reservoir stood on it, and opened the cupboard door. And then nearly swore out loud when a figure tumbled out, almost knocking her off the chair. Grabbing onto the cupboard door for dear life, Res cautiously put one foot down on the chair, then turned to look at who had popped out now.

Well...he certainly looked medieval. And old. No, scratch that. It was a old sort of middle-aged man. "Owww..." Reservoir looked slightly peeved at that. Sure, it was her fault the guy went tumbling onto the ground, but he had scared her first. "And where might this be?" Her mouth dropped. What was that guy speaking? Muttering a translation spell, she dropped down from the chair.

"Welcome to the House of Many Ways, sir. My name is Reservoir Baskerville, I'll be here to assist you. And who might you be?"

The man got up, dusting himself off, and gave her a small nod. "I am the recently crowned King Charlemagne, and I have no idea where I am." ....Oh. Three, two, one. Reservoir's mouth dropped open. Wow, Charlemagne, in the flesh! All her irritation washed away as she stared up at the man with awe, nearly golden eyes widening. But then that moment was ruined. Darn. "Do you know how I can get to my destination, young lady?" Wordlessly, Reservoir pointed at the front door. He smiled, thanked her, and then just left. She continued gaping.

... "I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!" she cheered, and then her stomach growled again. A depressed sort of gloom settled over her.

Turning around, Reservoir grabbed a few eggs from the basket. Then, she pulled out the oil and stared at the pan. Now...what she was supposed to do? Uncertainly, she placed the pan on the stove, turned up the fire, and poured the oil in. Cue mini explosion. Uh oh... Reservoir laughed nervously. "Um...what do I do now?"

OOC ⊰ Long first post, just to introduce the setting.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ( THE ROAD GOES EVER ON AND ON
                      DOWN xx FROM xx THE xx DOOR xx WHERE xx IT xx BEGAN xxxxx DOWN xx FROM xx THE xx DOOR xx WHERE xx IT xx BEGAN
                      xxxxxxx » ██████████ ████ NOW I MUST FOLLOW IF I CAN
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.............................................................................................................................................

xxxxxxxxxDOWN FROM THE DOOR WHERE IT BEGAN

Dapper Duck

User Image

tab tab ♕ 》xx SHI JIAN⇡ D`DE xx
                              tab tab tab tab ░░░ ` WEI FENG CHUI GUO x)

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
                              tab HUAN HUAN FU GUO LE ER PAN xxx HUAN HUAN FU GUO LE ER PAN
                                      HUI YI LI MIAN ◞ DUO SHAO
                                      PIAN DUAN HAI NENG YI YI xx FU XIAN ZAI NAO HAI xx 一半一半
                                      PIAN DUAN HAI NENG YI YI xx FU XIAN ZAI NAO HAI xx 一半一半

There were few who actually didn't mind the car ride. Tianyi happened to be one of them. Fortunately for her, she had brought along her laptop and was playing horror games again to pass the time. By the time everyone rushed out of the limo, Tianyi's confidence levels were plunging. In the car, she had no need to socialize. But now...with this vacation...she would be forced to talk to other people, or suffer from infinite boredom.

It really didn't help that all her idols were going to be here, especially some of the bigger names in the Vocaloid company.

Tianyi fidgeted nervously as everyone dispersed, some heading into hotel right away and others going for their luggage. She waited until the "crowd" cleared before hesitantly grabbing her own bag from the trunk. The Chinese girl could not find her blonde friend, but that was probably because IA had dashed off to find the ice cream man. There were always ice cream men at beaches. A few seconds later, she decided to take up IA's luggage for her as well.

Unlike most Vocaloids, who were simply happy to be here and ran in like wild monkeys, Tianyi followed tradition and headed to the front desk at the lobby. She remembered her room number, but she really did want to make sure. It would be so embarrassing if she accidentally ended up in someone else's room!

"U-Um...I'd like to confirm the number of the room reserved for me..."

A few minutes later, she was on the fourth floor, staring at the door to her room. She opened it slightly, noting the comfortable furniture situated around the room and the rather artistic decor. Tianyi grinned, entering her room eagerly and dropping her luggage by the closet. Oh, this was absolutely grand! She loved it! Tianyi opened her bags and put her clothes away neatly, shelving things where they needed to go and placing her laptop on the table. Yes, this was wonderful.

She reached inside her pockets for her phone, noting that she had three new text messages from IA. The first one was a photo of the ocean, obviously taken in great hurry because it was rather blurry. The second was a shot of IA posing with the ice cream man. The third was a text asking Tianyi which flavor of ice cream she wanted. The black-haired girl smiled at her friend's enthusiasm.

from luo tianyi
                                                to ar"ia" on the~ planetes
                                                subject re: ice cream flavor?

ehhh? any flavor is fine, really...but if they have mango or pineapple, I`d like one.
                                                      n-not that you have to buy one for me! ★// waves hands frantically ) I`m fine without
                                                      ice cream, really...
                                                      btw. I brought up your luggage and dropped it off in your room earlier. since your
                                                      room is next to mine anyways. where do you want to meet up?

She hit 'send' and then slid her phone back into her pocket. It would take a while before IA replied. Her friend had the tendency to get sidetracked very easily and often was late in replying to texts. Tianyi slipped out of her room, determined to take a look around before IA dragged her off to some unknown place. As she walked down the hallway, Tianyi wondered idly if Longya was here. Her cheeks turned pink as she thought of the male. Oh god, this was getting ridiculous. Tianyi wished she could be as unattached and level-headed as IA.

As she walked around, she noticed a familiar purple-haired girl with pigtails. Tianyi brightened, getting ready to walk up to the girl when her shyness came back. Oh dear, oh dear...how would she approach her? "Hi?" Too casual. "Hello?" Too formal... "Good afternoon." Now she would sound like a teacher...

"Um...Rion-san?" Okay, formal would do. "Would you like to get ice cream with me? You see, IA's currently chatting with the ice cream man and asked if I wanted any..." She fidgeted nervously, green eyes darting from the floor to the walls, but not meeting Tone's. Her heartbeat was accelerating, and if Tone didn't reply soon, Tianyi was probably going to faint from nervousness.

Dapper Duck

User Image

★┊███ ` the marquis && the king
                                  tab tab tab the courtyard xx»xx phoenix xxxxxx office xx»xx servant boy

The wind swept past her, tangling her already messy blonde curls. Edelweiss scowled, stopping her pacing and combing one hand through her hair. Carefully, she removed all the white flowers and tried to pull her hair back to some semblance of order. Her hair put a admirable fight, but eventually detangled and fell back into natural waves. With that task accomplished, Edelweiss took to slowly putting each flower back in its proper place. All of this took fifteen minutes to accomplish, but now her hair was no longer flying in front of her face and obscuring her view.

"Too troublesome," the marquis muttered crossly to herself as she resumed her pacing. Her mind strayed to the topic of the circus again. She wondered if the princess and Phoenix would like to visit it sometime soon...? Edelweiss was probably too paranoid (but they all were, these days); still, a visit to this circus could perhaps help her to relax.

The girl finally sighed, something so melancholic it was most unlike her. This was such a pain to think about! Why couldn't everyone just get along somehow? One war recently ended - did they want to start another one? Straying outside the castle walls was most unwise, but one needed to keep up appearances, did they not? The few people who were outside shot the marquis a perplexed look. Edelweiss fought the urge to yell - oh, even she had her bad days! One couldn't be always so chipper without going insane...or perhaps she was already insane?

"Lady Edelweiss!"

Her head shot up, orange eyes flickering around until they landed on the owner of the voice. Immediately, a bright smile replaced the previously forlorn expression. "Hallo, Phoenix," Edelweiss greeted the maid merrily. "What brings you here?" As far as she knew, Phoenix was always with the princess.

"Princess Vivienne has requested that you attending the circus with her tonight." Ah yes, the circus. Edelweiss blinked in surprise - it seemed like she wouldn't have to persuade the princess to accompany her outside after all. "I'm to take a message back to the princess with your answer, My Lady. Will you be attending tonight?"

Edelweiss grinned, replying, "Tell the princess I'll be happy to join her." She paused for a brief moment before asking, "Are you coming along as well, Phoenix?" Edelweiss sincerely hoped so. It was nice having more people around, and she could use some cheer in this otherwise bleak situation. Even if the circus was outside, in the "danger" area...

"Quick question: is the king alright with this? Because you know...venturing outside is kinda dangerous, and with all these strangers running around in the circus..."

---------------------------------------- ( S O M E W H E R E ` e l s e

Claudius was having a bad day. A very very bad day. His headache had started sometime this early morning, and it was still driving him crazy. On top of that, it felt like his lips were stuck in the form of a permanent smile. And now with the circus coming in to town...paperwork. They were piling up in his office - well, really, it was more like a prison cell than anything else - and it seemed like they wouldn't be stopping anytime soon. At this rate, Claudius would be drowning in paperwork. Oh yes, he could see the newspaper article title now. 'KING OF NERVINE DROWNS FROM PAPERWORK.' Yes, lovely title.

The door to his office suddenly opened and Claudius looked up, hoping it was someone who came to relieve him from the duty of signing and reading. Unfortunately, it was only a servant boy carrying in his arms - you guess it. MORE PAPERWORK. Claudius sighed, gesturing at the boy (Liam, was it?) and motioning for him to put down the stack of papers on his desk.

Just as the boy turned to leave, Claudius called out his name. "Liam?"

"Yes, my lord?"

"Could you bring me a glass of water and some painkillers?"

"Certainly, my lord."

"And Liam? Don't take this the wrong way, because you're a great person and all, but if you bring me anymore paperwork I may have to kill you."

Claudius was all for being kind to people and giving everyone a chance, but if anyone ever came up to him with an armful of paperwork...he was going to snap. God, he really needed a life. Something outside of sitting in his pathetic office all day long with nothing but papers for company. He was going to go mad. The servant boy merely gave him a smile and bowed before taking his leave. Cheeky brat.

User Image

Dapper Duck

User Image xxxx User Image xxxx User Image

tab tab ( ` ★:: xxxxx A GREAT xx LOVE
                        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                        is like a great memory xxxxyou can obsess over it xxxxand even try to force it
                        tab tab BUT IF YOU JUST SIT STILL ▬▬▬▬ ★
                        tab MAYBE xx JUST MAYBE xx IT MIGHT COME TO YOU xxxx MAYBE xx JUST MAYBE xx IT MIGHT COME TO YOU
                        tab MAYBE xx JUST MAYBE xx IT MIGHT COME TO YOU xxxx MAYBE xx JUST MAYBE xx IT MIGHT COME TO YOU

Teru disliked school - well, she disliked crowds in general. It had been bad enough at Shiraitodai, but it worse here. Being a new student really didn't help, and having Onjouji Toki around only reminded her too well of the spring tournament in their first year (that was back in Tokyo). None of the spectators blamed Teru for causing Toki's sickness to act up again, but Toki's former teammates thought differently. The confrontation after the tournament was ugly, especially since Senriyama came in second. Shiraitodai, of course, took first place with a gap of nearly 200,000 points over Senriyama.

Ryuuka, Toki's best friend and caretaker, had nearly slaughtered Teru after the game ended. Thankfully, Toki was not too upset about the whole ordeal - well, she still wanted to knock Teru down a peg or two, but didn't hold too much of a grudge otherwise. The spring tournament from two years ago was sure a turning point. In the captain's match, it had been a terrifying three way competition between the three nation-class monsters: Onjouji Toki of Senriyama, Amae Koromo of Ryuumonbuchi, and Miyanaga Teru of Shiraitodai.

The spring tournament was the reason for their moving - but the three never expected that they would end up in the same school. Teru's headache increased as she was reminded of the sorry fact. Fate really did hate her. At least she was graduating this year. If she was going to become a professional player though, it meant that this wasn't the last time she would clash with Onjouji Toki, nor Amae Koromo. And speaking of the devil...

"Teruuuuuuu~!" Koromo waved eagerly at her, swinging her school bag around rather wildly. The child-like junior had immediately latched onto her after the move, and Teru was definitely not pleased to have to look after the girl. She had enough problems with her sister (after seven years apart, they were still not on speaking terms), and Teru didn't need another "child" to look after. Especially since the said "child" was on the verge of becoming a psychopath. "Let's go to a cafe today!"

Turning around, Teru replied monotonously, "No." She began walking in the opposite direction when the sound of rushed footsteps rang out behind her. In a few seconds, Koromo had caught up and a pout was on her face.

"Ehhhh? Why not?"

"We have homework to do."

"You can do homework later!"

"I said no, Koromo."

"You're no fun, Teru!"

And now it was just a case of Teru walking away rapidly and Koromo following enthusiastically. Absolutely wonderful. The orange-haired girl was determined not to go home and drag Teru off somewhere, but Teru wasn't really in a mood to be dragged off. Koromo chattered happily away, and Teru sincerely hoped that Toki wouldn't show up. That would send Koromo's happy levels off the chart.

Dapper Duck

User Image

tab tab HOW CAN YOU KNOW THIS NOT THAT
                                tab tab tab YOU CHOOSE THE DOOR YOU CHOOSE THE PATH ` x )
                                tab
                                tab OH HOW WILL YOU FIND YOUR WAY tab THERE'S NO TIME FOR TEARS TODAY tab NO TIME TODAY
                                tab tab tab SO MUCH TO GAIN SO MUCH TO LOSE
                                tab tab tab AND NOTHING IS QUITE AS IT SEEMS tab tab ARE YOU DREAMING, ALICE ?
                                tab tab tab AND NOTHING IS QUITE AS IT SEEMS tab tab ARE YOU DREAMING, ALICE ?

MOTHER WAS GOING TO HAVE a field day, the twins mused simultaneously as they looked around the strange room curiously. The two had been exploring their uncle's manor when they stumbled upon this door. Charles did not want to investigate what lurked behind the strange looking door, but Cato had been quite insistent. And thus, they were now stuck in this situation. Lovely.

"Mother's not going to be happy about this," Cato drawled wryly, warily surveying the table. An innocent plate of cookies rested on one side, an equally innocent looking vial mirroring it on the other side. Though the labels were quite suspicious... Well, whatever. "I'm feeling thirsty," he mumbled, tugging at his collar. There was a refreshing looking drink right in front of him.

It wasn't like it was poison, right?

Charles, on the other hand, was not so sure. "Cato!" He raised his voice in warning, frowning at his brother's carelessness. "Must you go around drinking strange liquids?" Even as he said so, his eyes slid to the plate of cookies. Charles was rather hungry, but still...it was probably better not to eat the cookies. What if they were poisoned? His eyes snapped back to Cato, who had just downed the entire vial in one go. Oh god. Charles paled, waiting for Cato to start coughing or drop dead.

When nothing happened, Cato merely shrugged and gave Charles a look. The elder twin sighed, eyes checking over Cato to make sure that his counterpart really was alright. Honestly, Cato could be so childish...but if the drink was perfectly safe, what about the cookies? Temptation was winning. He supposed one cookie wouldn't hurt, right?

Hesitantly, Charles took one of the sugary confections, raising it to his mouth and taking a bite. And oh, it was the best thing he'd ever tasted. One cookie turned into two, two turned into three, and soon all four cookies were gone. Charles looked up sheepishly at his twin's amused expression. It wasn't often that he let go of his rigid manners, but these cookies! There was no helping it.

Straightening up, Charles sighed regretfully. "Very well, Cato. We've dawdled in this place long enough. Come on now, let's go." The two headed out the door, fully expecting to return to the hallway. Instead, they were greeted by...the great outdoors. There was a bright sky - with two suns? Were they hallucinating? Was there a hallucinogen in the food and drink? The twins hadn't even noticed the door slamming shut. "I do believe we've gone mad, Cato. Are you seeing what I'm seeing?"

There was no reply from his brother. He turned to question with his brother before noting the absolutely bewildered expression on Cato's face. "C-Charles, you're a girl." Charles frowned. What? "Y-You really are a g-girl!" ...Charles looked down at himself, noting the long hair, the slim shape of his body, and were those - his head spun and everything turned black.

"Charles? Charles? Charles! Somebody help! My brother just turned into a girl!"

OOC // aaand introducing the idiot duo.

Dapper Duck

User Image
                        User Image

I'LL BE BY YOUR SIDE tab
                        tab tab you're my only one, these feelings, whether it be now, tomorrow, or eternity, will surely never change xxx you're my only one, these feelings, whether it be now, tomorrow, or eternity, will surely never change
                        tab tab you're my only one, these feelings, whether it be now, tomorrow, or eternity, will surely never change xxx you're my only one, these feelings, whether it be now, tomorrow, or eternity, will surely never change
                                ANDYETYOUMESMERIZEME ____ THESE FEELINGS

ずっとふたり爱を系ぎ ここまできたから tab ずっとふたり爱を系ぎ ここまできたから
                          CONNECTED BY OUR ETERNAL LOVE, WE'VE MADE IT HERE tab CONNECTED BY OUR ETERNAL LOVE, WE'VE MADE IT HERE
                          CONNECTED BY OUR ETERNAL LOVE, WE'VE MADE IT HERE tab CONNECTED BY OUR ETERNAL LOVE, WE'VE MADE IT HERE

User Image
                                        • Scheherazade was not a happy ghost.

For the past two weeks, streams of humans had been intruding into her mansion, tearing down old walls and installing new strange things. Admittedly, she had been very curious about the whole ordeal, but Scheherazade was a lot more indignant at the way her mansion was being treated. Sure, other humans had tried moving in before. With Luke's help and a couple of theater tricks, she had easily gotten rid of them. It was amazing how superstitious humans could be.

Of course, Scheherazade did know about the more...violent endeavors of her companion butler, but she couldn't really blame him. Sometimes humans were too annoying for their own good. It upset her to have so much violence around though, and Scheherazade appreciated Luke's efforts to "tone it down" for her sake.

But this human...he was overly persistent. He hadn't been scared by any of Luke's tricks - or if he was, he ignored his own fear - and the human had stayed. Scheherazade was beginning to dread that perhaps the human was planning to stay for good. In the past, she had been able to scare away potential residents quite successfully, but this human...Scheherazade sighed as she looked out of her room. There was nothing she could do about it. The wizard's apprentice wondered if she could perhaps use magic and chase him away. As appealing as it was, Scheherazade loathed the very idea of having to reveal herself. If she did, who knew what this human would do? Perhaps he would bring even more humans. She shuddered at the thought.

Scheherazade had to admit that the human male - Matthew, was it? - was starting to pique her interest. Damn her blasted curiosity. And all his strange contraptions! She wondered what they did. Scheherazade had been so tempted to toy around with them when the human was sleeping, but she had no idea what they were for and didn't want to risk the chance of waking the human up.

'Well, there's only one remedy to bad thoughts.' She thought, happily leaving her old room. It was times like these that she really appreciated Luke. He was good company, and his homemade tea was delicious. It always soothed Scheherazade. Sure, she was a bit upset that she would never get to actually taste it, but smelling it was good enough. As a ghost, her sensitivity to food scents were unnaturally strong. It was a blessing and a curse.

She wandered around the mansion, searching for Luke. Well, he wasn't in the east wing. So perhaps he was in the west wing of the mansion? As she passed by a window, Scheherazade was surprised to see Luke by the old fountain. What was he doing - oh. Oh dear. That certainly did not look very good. Scheherazade wasn't surprised that his patience snapped. The human's presence had been grating on all their nerves, but it didn't mean Scheherazade wanted him dead. Luckily, she was transparent was a ghost and pretty much floated out the window, doing a twirl in midair to keep her balance and landing on her feet.

"Luke!" she called out hastily, running forward to make sure that her butler didn't kill the man. "I know you're very unhappy, but let's try not to kill him." Well, since their cover was blown, maybe she could finally ask him about his weird trinkets. And get a chance to play with said trinkets before kicking the human out.

Dapper Duck

User Image

User Image
                                    tab tab tab tab what can you see in front of you ?
                                    YOUIN THE FLASHING LIGHT
                                    tab tab were the only one who didn't disappear tab tab don't sleep, don't sleep
                                    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ( ) IT'S NOT A DREAM ▬▬▬▬
                                    i've just foundTHE MOST IMPORTANT PLACE
                                    tab tab tab THERE'S A PLACE! ONLY I KNOW OF
                                    YOUR VACANT EYES BEGIN TO TWINKLE tab IT'S STILL TOO EARLY TO DREAM tab YOUR VACANT EYES BEGIN TO TWINKLE tab IT'S STILL TOO EARLY TO DREAM
                                    YOUR VACANT EYES BEGIN TO TWINKLE tab IT'S STILL TOO EARLY TO DREAM tab YOUR VACANT EYES BEGIN TO TWINKLE tab IT'S STILL TOO EARLY TO DREAM

location ↺ courtyard tab tab tab tab with ↺ clove tab tab tab tab ooc ↺ yay for dramatic posts. time to begin the torture fun

User Image

Cain didn't mind cleaning...much. He'd been pulled into a random classroom by some girl who was blabbering about not having enough people helping them clean or something. Though, judging by the mostly female population in this room, Cain assumed that he was supposed to be bait for his brother or something. And sure enough, as he was reorganizing the crooked rows of desks, he heard a series of gasps and giggles. Abel was here. "Cain." Ah, Abel was unhappy? Not that anyone could really tell, with Abel smiling politely. He finished straightening the row he was working on before walking over to his darker-haired counterpart. "I thought we agreed to go to the student council room together."

"Ah, sorry Abel-senpai!" the girl who had dragged him into the classroom spoke up. "I was the one who asked Cain-senpai to help us out. I didn't know you two already had plans." That was a lie, of course. Practically the whole school knew about how close the twins were. There was no way that Cain would have just happened to be wandering around without Abel.

"Oh, is that so?" Abel continued smiling politely, though Cain could feel a sense of angry possessiveness starting to rise to the surface. It was probably a good idea to diffuse the situation before it got out of hand. He brushed his hand against Abel's, tugging lightly on the other's sleeve. Abel's eyes slid to Cain, questioning. Cain gave a small shake of his head--it wasn't worth it. For a while, a storm of indecisiveness raged in Abel's eyes, but he finally gave up with a small quirk of his lips. "I'm sorry everyone, but Cain and I are supposed to help out with cleaning the student council room." There were hurried reassurances that it was all okay, sorry for the bother, etc.

As soon as they were out of the classroom, Abel was leading Cain towards an emptier hallway. Stopping, he turned around. "Don't do that again," Abel's voice was harsh, a contrast to the gentle politeness he had used against the students earlier. "Don't...leave me by myself." So Abel was in one of those moods today. A pang of guilt stabbed him--Cain hadn't meant to make Abel feel like he'd been abandoned. He knew better than anyone else about Abel's issue with abandonment. They were two halves of a whole; Cain couldn't imagine not having Abel around.

"I'm sorry," he apologized. "I didn't expect to get held up." A smile on Abel's face told him that he was forgiven.

A few seconds later, Abel spoke up. "What is he doing...?" the older male murmured, his face turned towards the window. Cain followed Abel's gaze to see...Clove on the ground? "I wonder what's wrong...Let's go, Cain." Something unpleasant curled in his stomach. Was that...a tone of concern in his brother's voice?

"What about the student council?"

"It'll be fine. Clove's part of it as well, we'll take him with us there." Ah, there was that ugly feeling again. "Cain? Are you alright? You're looking a bit pale..." His brother's voice, warm with affection and worry, soothed his nerves. Ah, don't leave me behind either, Abel. Who else will protect me from the "witch"?

He shook his head. "I'm fine, Abel. Let's go." He smiled at Abel, trying to reassure his twin. Abel was a bit uncertain, but let go of the topic. Together, the twins made it out of the building and headed towards where they saw Clove. By the time they did get to Clove, the younger male appeared to be heading towards the student council room. Although he seemed to be rather shaken...Abel and Cain exchanged glances, a small undercurrent of worry passing through them.

"Clove, wait up," Abel called out ahead as the twins started towards Clove. "Are you--" And he stopped abruptly as he took in Clove's appearance. Ah. "What happened? What did you...see?" Cain, while also quite worried, frowned at his twin's soft tone. It was ridiculous, but Abel was only ever supposed to use that tone with him... He shook his head after a while. That was a stupid thought. Since when was he overprotective about Abel? It was usually the other way around.

Cain put one hand on Clove's head as a gesture of comfort. "You know, we can wait here until you've calmed down. If the others see you like this, they'll be really worried." And well, if anything, Cain understood how much it meant to keep a normal appearance. Most people wouldn't understand, and he didn't want someone else to think lowly of his friend just because he was crying. Stupid people nowadays.

Dapper Duck

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

coffee

User Image

♕⊱ █████ ◞ T: HE FAIRY TALE
                                                      tab BEHIND THESE IRON BARS tab tab I WAS BORN tab tab HEY LOOK AT ME tab tab DON'T AVERT YOUR EYES
                                                      tab BEHIND THESE IRON BARS tab tab I WAS BORN tab tab HEY LOOK AT ME tab tab DON'T AVERT YOUR EYES
                                                      tab tab SEEMS TO HAVE D-DIED JUST NOW !!
                                                      DESTROY IT ` BEFORE IT DESTROYS YOU tab
                                                      tab tab GO WISH FOR THE PRICE FOR YOUR MALICE tab GO WISH FOR THE PRICE FOR YOUR MALICE
                                                      tab tab tab MONSTER WITHOUT A NAME

location ↺ near hatter's house tab tab with ↺ no one → audric → wilhelm tab tab ooc

A sigh escaped her mouth as Redd left the table. She didn't mean to suddenly get up and go, but she couldn't take the atmosphere anymore. The awkwardness wasn't what bothered her - it was Wil's obvious concern. Unconsciously, Redd fingered the engagement ring on her left hand, feeling the heavy weight of the metal press against her skin. She appreciated Wilhelm's gesture, she really did.

Her emotions were rarely so clear to her, but she had a week to analyze the strange feeling settling in after Wilhelm's proposal. Guilt. Redd probably would never be able to "love" Wilhelm in the way a wife should love her husband. Uneasiness. Weren't things moving along too quickly? She wasn't ready for marriage of all things. Uncertainty. For what the future would bring.

The brief walk managed to calm Redd down, and she started on the way back to the hatter's house. Cyrus was another thing - what an odd man. Just because she looked like the missing Alice didn't mean she was Alice. He was setting himself for heartbreak at this rate (if he continued to watch Wilhelm trying to be a considerate fiance). Well, at least Redd wouldn't be the only uncomfortable one. She smiled wryly at the thought.

Suddenly, Redd stopped at the odd sight in front of her. There was a pair of legs sticking out from a nearby bush. Walking over curiously, Redd blinked at the sight of the dark pants and expensive-looking shoes that protruded from the undergrowth. Well, if there were legs, surely there would be a body... As she walked around the bush, the unconscious face of a dark-haired male came into sight.

Redd blinked. That was odd. Kneeling down, she leaned over the man's face to observe him. He didn't really look particularly out of the ordinary. Redd highly doubted he had chosen such a place to take a nap, however. After a few seconds of contemplation, Redd reached out with one finger and poked a cheek. The man didn't stir at all. "...Is he dead?" But the skin was warm and - ah yes, there was a heartbeat.

Poke.

Poke.

Poooooooke.

Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke. Po-

"Stop that," the man finally groaned, opening his eyes. Redd stared. And stared some more. The strange man's eyes were an unnatural shade of red. Was he a demon or something? As they had an intense staredown, the man finally asked, "...Celeste?"

...Was this someone from Celeste's world then?

Before Redd could reply though, the man had somehow maneuvered his way out of the bush, pulled her down, and wrapped his arms around her. The hug was rather painful. "Celeste! I finally found you - I've been looking for you all over the place." Damn it, did this man have eyes? She was not Celeste!

Redd opened her mouth, intending to tell the man that she was not Celeste, and could he please put her down. Instead, what came out was a bland, "Ahhhhh. A pervert is hugging me. Help me." She flailed around for a bit while the man stopped in surprise. He was about to speak, but then Wilhelm suddenly burst into the scene (followed by the rest of the peanut gallery yay).

"Wil, help me." She flailed her arms in his general direction.

The hunter looked surprised before it transformed into a quiet form of fury. Pulling out his gun, he pointed it at the man who was hugging Redd randomly. What the hell, Wil. You're aiming at me too! Redd thought indignantly as she redoubled her efforts to elbow the weirdo in the face. "Please let go of Miss Kingsleigh right now. I don't know what you want with my fiance, but I'm certainly not pleased with your actions toward her."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff