Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
not gonna bother coding this and making it pretty. whoops. welcome to my sample thread!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
onexone -- bnha oc -- 598 words

Quote:
”You really believe that?”

Nakao didn’t think any more words would confirm how much he believed that. He simply gave the other a quick nod, a firm face. The closeness between the two didn’t seem to bother him. In fact, he could be closer and still be comfortable. It’s not like he had much of an understanding of personal space.

He stood there, listening to every word Sakura had said. Nakao nodded along, “uh huh”-ing occasionally. He just let him explain his quirk. And now? The sports festival incident absolutely made a lot more sense. The kid went down the moment they touched Sakura. It was almost unbelievable. But hey, the kid was alright in the end. So, upon hearing how devastating of a quirk this could be… one would usually be high tailing it for the other end. To be as far away from this “dangerous person”. Should one even consider this guy dangerous.

Nakao looked Sakura up and down again. Really assessing him this time. He was a little sheepish. Definitely something was up and his feelings about his quirk. He didn’t trust himself. That was pretty clear. The gloves practically give that away now knowing what they’re for.

’Its… scary. Touching me can completely incapacitate someone.’

Sure, it can absolutely be a scary quirk in the wrong hands. But it seemed like he wanted to be a hero. Maybe just didn’t know how. And Nakao was usually pretty good about his gut instinct. This guy… was pretty cool.

He did not draw back from Sakura. Instead, he turned more towards him. Closing the distance a little by facing him. No, Nakao wasn’t afraid. Clearly if Sakura had it out for him, he’d be a goner by now. Nakao rubbed the back of his neck when the other leaned in to tell him the secret he had. He gave the other a little shrug.

”It… doesn’t shock me. I mean—your quirk. It’s powerful. Any agency would love to use it for their own. But that doesn’t matter. What matters is what you wanna do, yeah? Did any of them pique your interest? I mean, I’d say be super picky. Because—you know. Powerful quirk. Wrong people. But I don’t think you’re a wrong people. Like, at all. I mean I’ve only known you for all of five minutes but… I dunno. The way you react to things surrounding your quirk. It tells me… things. I’m sorry I’m not the best at explaining things,” Nakao said, hand on the back of his neck. He still didn’t turn from the other. He didn’t want Sakura to think he was afraid of him or that he thought he would hurt him. Sure, he had the capacity to hurt him. But there was no way he would. Right?
Nakao shoved a hand in his pocket, trying to force a polite, but still fake, smile for the other. He was cool with pinky over here. He trusted his own instincts about him. After all they did have all this alone time together. Anything could have happened to him.

”I think you’re a pretty cool kid—err, guy. Sorry. Gotta stop calling everyone kid. But yeah. You—aren’t scary. Your quirk isn’t scary. You’re Hanae. And you’re pretty cool! But hey, thanks for sharing all that with me. S’Pretty, uh, not to say cool again but yeah. If you want, you can tell me what agencies tried scouting you and I’ll give you my own personal, very harsh opinion of them. And then we can meet them. You… don’t have to do it alone, yeah?”

Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
onexone -- bnha oc -- starter -- 862 words

Quote:
Put on a brave face. Put on the fakest smile one can manage. And remember: it’s for charity. He could repeat that to himself forever and ever and still not want to go to this stupid, stupid event. Nakao stared at himself in the mirror, noticing how deep and dark his eye bags were currently looking. After all, he had worked all night and all day. Currently the poor man was running on a mere three hours of sleep. Thank goodness this was a masquerade event then. No need to apply some concealer and continue with this happy, well rested charade more than he had to.

'Oh Nakao! You have to come! Having your face at this charity ball will look great in news papers! It will do great for our agency! Especially after last week's mishap with Giga Rock. You're our only hope right now Tetsurou! Our rising phoenix!'

Bulls**t.

His hero agency desperately wanted him to do the damage control after Giga Rock accidentally got some civilians hurt in a battle against villains last week. Save face. Show off their rising hero. Gain popularity again. The usual stuff that hero society tries to pull when there is such a tragedy. A dull ache lingered in Nakao's chest after he had the meeting with his boss about this event. He hated aiding hero society in covering up their crap, but what else could he do? This was for charity. Just needed to keep repeating that.

Fingers grazed over the intricate gold details of the mask he purchased for this event. Stunning, and delicate. Something he would have picked out for him. Nakao pushed that thought to the deepest crevices of his mind. No need to make a night he dreaded any worse. Sighing, he set the mask down on his bathroom counter and straightened the black tie of his outfit. All black with a simple gold tie chain. He had a gold rose lapel pin on his left hand lapel, a gift from a friend a few years ago. Something he treasured. Not many of his friends seemed to be around anymore. So he must cherish all that he had.
Nakao’s phone buzzed beside him, alerting him that the car from the agency had arrived to greet him. Ah, pulling out all the stops for tonight’s ball it would seem. He muttered under his breath about charity again before swiping his mask off the counter and leaving his apartment. Of course, after he whispered a goodbye to his sleeping cat on his sofa. Tadeo was the best roommate after all.

In the car, Nakao immediately had his phone out and the mask strapped to his face. He was watching the live news. Heroes were already arriving at the ball, dressed to the nines. Familiar faces of those he worked with in the past. Of course, there were going to be plenty of fellow heroes acting as security. After all, all those treasured heroes located in one spot meant a field day for villains. Those who wouldn’t be in attendance sure did have quite a handful for themselves for the night.

“No plus one tonight, sir?” the driver asked, just making conversation as they drove off to the location. Nakao could only shake his head and stare out the window. It was a quiet ride after that.

When they arrived, it was absolutely insane. Fans of heroes left and right, paparazzi everywhere. Heroes were made out to be such celebrities nowadays. As if they aren’t just a stronger military or police force. Soldiers playing in a popularity contest if you will. Horrific. Nakao made sure his mask was on properly and phone tucked away before exiting the vehicle. And then the flashes were everywhere. Voices filled his ears, but no words actually stuck. He couldn’t think, couldn’t breathe. Until a hand was pulling him away from the drawing crowd and into the actual event itself.

A hero from the Nagano prefecture. A slightly familiar face. Did they work together before? There had to be a reason for knowing them. But no idea came to mind. Nakao was still overwhelmed from before. But he was able to thank them as the two entered the ball.

Music and chatting was the new sound that overfilled his mind. Lovely strings played so perfectly. Music he really enjoyed in his downtime to relax. The other hero was gone and now here he was--all alone. People were standing in groups, talking or dancing. Some were recognizable, some he couldn’t tell even with the simple little mask. Would he be recognized? He did wear a simple black mask when he was in his hero outfit, so perhaps that would make it easier to find familiar faces.

So he wouldn’t be alone.

Ah, snacks. Little fancy snacks. The perfect thing to distract himself with. Yes, the food was being immediately shoved into his mouth. He was nervous, could you blame him?

”Great, Nakao. Look like a fool. Maybe trying, oh I don’t know, mingling?” he whispered to himself angrily. And then… he just shoved more food into his mouth. He was doing great at this party thing. For sure.

Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
group rp -- bachelor house redux -- starter -- 1,223 words

Quote:
Today was the day. A day unlike any other. It only seemed like yesterday when Julian received the call letting him know that he had been selected to be apart of the newest reality show, Bachelor House. Originally, Julian wasn't even considering applying. It took a lot of force encouragement from his friends to apply. Julian wasn't the type to find his own romance after all. No, he would much rather spend his time finding love for those much more deserving than himself. Julian dreamed of weddings, but not of his own.

So today was the day. Julian, thankfully, already lived in LA and didn't need to fly in like the other bachelors on the show. He was waiting for crew from the show to arrive at his place to pick him up. There, they would be taking him to the place where he'd be flying by helicopter to wherever this house was located. Julian sat on his own sofa, cross legged. His suitcases sat by the front door, waiting for the text to let him know it was time to go. A pillow sat on his lap, but his hang were wringing it tightly. Julian's best friend, Amanda, sat beside him on the sofa, resting her cheek in her hand. Her eyes hadn't left the nervous man's face.

❝ I don't understand why you're so nervous. You literally have like, a bazillion Instagram followers. You're always in the spotlight, babe. I love you, but your anxiety is radiating out onto me and the vibes are not good, ❞ she teased, nudging Julian with her foot. That little nudge seemed to snap him right out of it. Julian shook his head and turned to look at her for a reply.

❝ Instagram followers are one thing. This is TV. Everyone's going to see me behind the camera. They are going to see past the curated feed I have made for them. What if people don't like me? This was a dumb idea. Plus, there's so much work for Kiss2Cute that Jayme said they needed my help on--, ❞ Julian rushed out, the nerves clear in his throat. Amanda rolled her eyes, covering his mouth with her hand. As she did that, his phone went off alerting him that it was time to go. Amanda would be house sitting in his home while he was gone for the summer. She was one of the few people he trusted in the world. Plus, someone needed to take care of his cat and dog. Who better than her?

Amanda and Julian hugged very tightly as the doorbell went off. Julian spoke through the intercom, letting the guy know it was okay to pull up to the front door. Amanda helped him and the crew members load all his luggage into the large SUV. They hugged one more time as Julian climbed into the SUV. She waved them goodbye as they pulled away. He'd see her again soon. Maybe with new love in his life. Maybe.

Julian spoke with the crew members very briefly, being as politely as humanly possible. He was a business man and a social media influencer after all--fully knowing how to be a people pleaser. Julian pulled out his phone for what may be the final time for the next couple of months. One last tweet. He had already posted to his Instagram about his mysterious hiatus for a ' surprise project '. Time to make it Twitter official!

Soon enough they had arrived to the destination. Julian cracked his knuckles nervously, putting on a brave smile. Julian followed every instruction he was given, listening as he was directed every which way. He hollowed out his cheeks as he faced the helicopter before him. Julian was used to flying as he traveled often, but helicopter was not his favorite. Julian was politely informed once he took a step onto the helicopter, the filming would begin. It was time. He was officially on camera, ready for Bachelor House.

First step into the house. First reaction. But first--a meeting with Ms. Scarlette Poole. The Producer. She was a very small woman, chattering away on her phone. But when Julian approached her, the phone was locked and tucked away. She was nothing but smiles all around. Julian felt a warm, welcoming presence from his woman. An almost familiar sense about her.

❝ Julian King! You're the first to arrive! We're very excited to have you! Okay, and your phone was turned in? Great! Oh baby you're going to love the house. OH! Here's your new phone. Contacting the boys, contacting us. Blah, blah I'm sure you understand. Okay! Gotta run da-a-rling! Have fun! Explore! ❞ she said, pulling Julian into an unexpected hug. As quick as she came, she was gone again. Now it was truly time for Julian to experience the inside of the home. The front was absolutely massive and stunning. Much nicer than his already rather nice home. Julian let out a whistle as he began up the stairs to the house. Cameras panned around him as he reached for the door knob, really making this official now.

❝ Holy crap. This is the real deal now, ❞ gasped Julian as he entered the home. It was absolutely massive! It was so bright and inviting inside. There was this fresh scent of flowers smacking him right in the face. It was overwhelming, but in the good way. He was sure his jaw was completely dropped. Amanda would absolutely be the one to accuse him of letting flies fly right in. God he missed her already. Julian strolled the grand hall entrance, his fingers delicately touching anything they could. Luxury spilled out of the pores of this place. A very kind crew member leaned into his ear and whispered that he should probably pick out a bedroom before another guest arrives. ❝ Oh! Good point. Heh, right. I will--do that! ❞

Julian settled on a nicely sized warm toned room on the second floor of this absolutely massive home. He was informed by another crew member his luggage would be placed in his room for him later. He was now free to roam the house and wait. But again reminded that there were cameras everywhere--watching. Julian gulped at that idea, despite literally signing many contracts stating he was cool with that. The idea of Big Brother... just always watching.

Julian flopped down on one of the rather large sofas in the main living room, sighing contently. This house was beautiful and for a moment he had it all to himself. Perhaps if Kiss2Cute continues to remain as the most popular dating app like it has been--he could get a home much like this. Julian allowed his head to settle on the crook of a big comfy pillow, one leg draped over the the edge of the sofa. ❝ Alexa? Play... Falling by Harry Styles on Spotify!❞ Julian shouted out. He knew before hand they had one and they were allowed to use her for the most part. Which was fine by him--music is always welcome. So, comfy on the sofa, vibing to one of his favorite artists, Julian pulled out his new cellphone for the next couple of months and decided to... check out the app. While he waited for everyone else to arrive!

Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
onexone -- bnha oc -- reply -- 1,148 words

Quote:
Nakao really seemed to like the idea of Sakura teaching him something about cooking. He nodded sternly, giving up a thumbs up from the side of the bento box. It would be really nice to spend more time with Sakura. He found that conversation with him flowed really easily. It was hard for Nakao to really converse with others sometimes so it… was refreshing to say the least. Nakao mentioned off handedly that he had a decent kitchen that was always clean. Mostly due to it being unused all the time. But Sakura didn’t need to know that part. When even was the last time he had a home cooked meal?

’C-Cute?!’ thought Nakao as Sakura looked up at him liked that. He had… such beautiful red eyes. It was kind of insane. So vibrant and lively. And warm. He felt his cheeks warm in the slightest and Nakao averted his eyes for a second. Just peeking down in time to see that the other was motioning for him to lean forward for a moment.

Nakao leaned down, an eyebrow arched upwards. He had the bento box and his letters, right? Did he forget something else? What was this one thing? ”What is it Sakura?”

And immediately he froze up. There was a hand to his cheek and the gentle sound of a little kiss after that. An almost cheek kiss. A safe kiss. Nakao’s stomach twisted up as he remained frozen in that position. Sakura was gone moments after, without even giving Nakao the chance to respond. He slowly raised his newly freed hand and waved very slowly at the spot Sakura was at.

It took a moment for the other to return to the upright position. But his hand immediately went to where Sakura’s gloved hand was only moments ago. He let out a simple little huh as he shook his head out, clearing his thoughts. Nakao spun around on his heels, a little spring in his step. There really was something about this Sakura guy. He was… too sweet.

Nakao was thinking about Sakura the entire walk back to his apartment. About where he would go for a job. About how well he would do. About how he couldn’t wait to see what Sakura could do with his quirk under better control. The places this kid could go if he worked on this insane fear of his. He also thought about how nice the other smelled, even after the pouring rain. And how pretty those rosy eyelashes looked when wet from the rain. Huh. Sakura was one wild ride.

When Nakao finally returned to his apartment it would definitely be a lot later than the other might have expected. It seemed in his Sakura dazed mind he took a couple wrong turns, but he eventually made it back to his own place in one piece. He texted Sakura, letting him know he arrived safely. And then—Sakura and his future was suddenly in his mind a lot more often.

-x-

Nakao finally had another day off. He had been so busy lately he didn’t even really take the time to notice his new friend wasn’t replying as much as he usually did. Not that he didn’t care, of course! But there was a lot on his mind, which included apprehending a big villain who had been holding a bunch of hostages. That was completely a whole ordeal. Not to mention dealing with his agency and the press afterwards. It was a massive save and Nakao was happy there were no casualties, but it was a lot of work.

So, one would think he would be spending his day off in a bubble bath or something. No, you could catch pro hero Luminous at the gym, currently going for a run on the treadmill. Even on his day off he was pushing his body to the limits. At his agency’s request of course. They really wanted to see him rise in ranks and being in tip top shape would really help continue that. Ironically enough, this run was his cool down for the day. He had just finished his full work out and was calming down.
It was then his work phone pinged and he lowered the speed of his run. He assumed it would be someone from his agency, determined to continue to make his life a living hell space. Did he say that? Whoops.

But his whole demeanor changed when he realized who it actually was on the other line. Nakao even felt a grin twitch on his lips. He slowed his run to an almost walk so that he could reply to Sakura.

[HERO], huh? Yeah I am free. Just finished a workout. Was going to grab food. Why, what is up?

The moment Nakao had the hero’s name that Sakura would be working with, he went to work. Nakao immediately messaged a few… contacts. And simply asked if they could get any… information about [HERO] so that Nakao would be informed enough about them. That way he could keep Sakura informed too! It was important Sakura knew all he could about the heroes he would be working with. His future was on the line after all! And Nakao had been really concerned about his new friend’s future as of late.

A quick back and forth with Sakura and Nakao had the location he was at. It couldn’t hurt to just… drop in and see how the other hero was treating his friend. This was the first one he knew of that Sakura was working with to test the waters. Had to make sure everything was perfect. So, Nakao made a mad dash to the bathrooms to freshen up before he left for the cafe that Sakura was currently stationed at.

Nakao was quick to clean up, and even quicker to drive over. So sue the hero, he was a bit of a speed demon. He loved to be quick and punctual. And he did tell Sakura he would be there as quick as he could.
Nakao parked his car down a little further from the cafe, wanting to still keep from privacy. He was dressed in fresher clothes, his stinky gym bag locked away in his car. Tighter fitting pants, a looser tee shirt. Black and white as he frequently enjoyed. His sunglasses were once again perched on his nose, golden eyes shining. He looked around before he saw him.

”Sa-ku-ra!” he exclaimed excitedly as he approached the other. He didn’t shout, as that would be rude. Nakao cocked out his hip, hand on it. He grinned crookedly at him. ”Loving the suit. That them up there?” Nakao asked, jerking his chin up towards the sky. He knew where they were, catching them as he walked towards Sakura. He looked the other up and down, his stomach twisting like it did before. Ah.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff