Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh for about 8 or 9 years, but I recently started watching the show again and found all of my old cards and I wanted to get back into it. So I've been thinking about buying some new cards but I don't know the best way to go about it. How should I buy them? Is it best to buy them by individual pack, by booster set, by deck? Is there a good place to buy them in bulk online for a decent price? Is there a way I can get them for free somehow?

Ohh and if there is a place where I can update myself on the rules and card bans, etc, that would be lovely as well!

~~Thanks everyone!~~

Mythical Rare

Your best bet for getting back into things would probably be to buy 3 copies of a recent Structure Deck, then use the contents of that to build a deck. It's cheap (usually no more than $30), easy, and with the way they make Structure Decks lately, fairly effective. The new "HERO's Strike" one could be a good start, since it also comes with a decent number of Extra Deck cards.

As far as the rules and banlist go? The official Konami site is always your best bet. You can find a copy of the latest version of the rulebook and Limited/Forbidden lists there.
Willexia Rennar
Your best bet for getting back into things would probably be to buy 3 copies of a recent Structure Deck, then use the contents of that to build a deck. It's cheap (usually no more than $30), easy, and with the way they make Structure Decks lately, fairly effective. The new "HERO's Strike" one could be a good start, since it also comes with a decent number of Extra Deck cards.

As far as the rules and banlist go? The official Konami site is always your best bet. You can find a copy of the latest version of the rulebook and Limited/Forbidden lists there.

Thanks! Thats super helpful! whee
Another way to go about getting back into the game is by getting the Ritual/Spiritual Beast deck, since everything is very cheap in it. It just came out in The Secret Forces and lots of people are playing it. The most expensive card in the deck is about $5. I'm probably gonna get the whole deck myself and try it out.
Yes the new masked hero structure is a beautiful deck if you get 3 of them you will get cards that are limited to one so you might want to ethier sell them or keep them for trades they are in the high demand side of the game. but again you can only have one in these new formats the ban list can be found just by googling it and in LA march 7 is a regional coming up chekc it out if your in thew area or look online for other locations even just watching videos of the regionals or photos to be well aware that the game has been beoming big. the limited cards for exAMPLE ARE BOTTOMLESS TRAP HOLE COMPLUSARY EVACTUATION DEVICE AND TORRENTIAL TRIUBUTE
Willexia Rennar

The Heroes' Strike was very powerful when building the Elemental and Masked Heroes in the OCG side but below the Qli and Nekroz, the 2 metas in my country.

Other things to get back into the game after not playing for so long would be the staple and splashable Xyz monsters like Utopia, Silent Honor Ark, Lavalal Chain etc
I think the best way to jump into Yu-Gi-Oh is to go on Dueling Network and testing out that Hero deck, while at the same time exploring other decks you might be interested in playing.

I started off with Gravekeeper's, then I transitioned to Madolche, then Satellarknight/Qliphorts.

Take a deck you think you'd like, look at all the popular builds available, and try it out until you find one that works for you.

Remember that on Dueling Network, you have access to all the cards, so money doesn't matter here.

For decks you could try, I recommend you try out the HERO deck others have also recommended. If you want something with more punch to it, you can try out Satellarknights. Qliphorts are also a good deck for a beginner to pick up.

Good luck!

Ruthless Combatant

Alternatively, if you don't want to deal with the many people who doubt the mechanics of Yu-Gi-Oh or the other (insert huge number that's under 100) percent who constantly ask for Admins, you can try DevPro or YGOPro, which are programs that allow you to use any card you want in a similar fashion to DN (Dueling Network) as they are also dueling simulators. Not to mention, the mechanics are automated so you don't have to accidentally misplay a card that would otherwise win you the duel.

Dangerous Hunter

10,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
ya me and my friends want to get back into it too
As mentioned before, Dueling Network and Devpro are great for looking up cards/archetypes and testing them out. Just pick something that you like to start with.

To save money in the long run, you want to buy staples (if you don't already have them), regardless of what deck you decide to start back up with. Mystical space typhoons, raigeki, dark holes, book of moon, solemn warning, compulsory evacuation device, fiendish chains, torrential tribute, mirror forces, dimensional prisons, pots of duality, effect veilers, maxx "c"s, bottomless trap hole, generic rank 3, 4, 7, and 8 Xyz Monsters, etc.

If you want to take the competitive route, I would strongly recommend researching the upcoming set Clash of Rebellions and picking one of those archetypes to use, then purchase all of the cards necessary to pilot the deck of your choice after doing research online on what those kind of deck lists would probably look like.

The limited/forbidden list is updated every three months (give or take), so be sure to check the main site regularly. YGOrganization.com is a great information resource for upcoming products and such. I usually get my cards & gaming supplies from tcgplayer.com, ebay.com, alterealitygames.com, and coretcg.com

I hope this proves to be helpful.

Ketsui Storm
Another way to go about getting back into the game is by getting the Ritual/Spiritual Beast deck, since everything is very cheap in it. It just came out in The Secret Forces and lots of people are playing it. The most expensive card in the deck is about $5. I'm probably gonna get the whole deck myself and try it out.

Emergency Teleports are $20 each, and you need at least 2. rolleyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces