Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Wolf

10,050 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Popular Thread 100
i'm currently getting myself ready for my first tournament this friday and i want people help to improve this deck.. i'm buying cards online well planning too and i decided to get your guys help so heres my deck and cards i have on the side that i want in the deck but didnt make the cut do to the 60 card limit i put on it.. feel free to take cards out and put cards in and i will taking everyone advice to heart also add plainwalker you think would help too.. much appreciated Nero Stark

UPdated

Lands
11 Plains
11 Swamp

Monsters
2 Capashen Knight
1 Thrill-Kill Assassin
1 Concordia Pegasus
1 Griffin Sentinel
1 Charging Griffin
1 Crypt Ghast
1 Deathgaze Cockatrice
3 Master of Diversion
1 Balustrade Spy
2 Sunspire Griffin
2 Dawnstrike Paladin
3 Accursed Spirit
2 Assault Griffin
1 Siege Mastodon
1 Serra Angel
1 Maze Abomination

Spells
1 Angelic Edict
1 Avenging Arrow
1 Celestrial Flare
2 Corrupt
1 Dark Favor
3 Doom Blade
1 Mark of the Vampire
2 Pacifism
2 Show of Valor

Cards on the side that didnt make the cut
1 Show of Valor
1 Accursed Spirit
1 Wring of Flesh
1 Undead Minotaur

Dedcadent Pants

I quit Magic a while back, so I'm not terribly familiar with any card from Return to Ravnica or after.

However, I can still see a few things. Pull the Angelic Wall, and put in either the third Accursed Spirit or the Wring of Flesh. Maybe one of the Minotaurs, depending on CMC (I'm leaning towards the Spirit off of a wild hunch). Walls usually don't help you win a game, and if you are winning, don't help you to stay that way. The best you can hope for is a few turns of stalling, and that can be better handled by having another creature (so you hopefully won't need to stall) or removal (to get rid of the creature your Wall is blocking). Unless you're running a Wall theme deck - which can be done, and I have such a deck posted somewhere around here.

Don't use the Mind Rots, mostly because you don't have a strong discard component that I can see. Mind Rots aren't useful outside of discard based decks in my experience.

Your removal doesn't look too bad, considering your mana base. If possible, I'd try to get one or two more white removal spells to handle the black creatures that might come your way. To fit them in, cut some of the one of spells. Dark Favor and Mark of the Vampire are the likely suspects to me; if one of them buffs your creatures, drop that one. If both do, drop the one with the highest CMC.

Commander in Chief

LiaThistle
I quit Magic a while back, so I'm not terribly familiar with any card from Return to Ravnica or after.

However, I can still see a few things. Pull the Angelic Wall, and put in either the third Accursed Spirit or the Wring of Flesh. Maybe one of the Minotaurs, depending on CMC (I'm leaning towards the Spirit off of a wild hunch). Walls usually don't help you win a game, and if you are winning, don't help you to stay that way. The best you can hope for is a few turns of stalling, and that can be better handled by having another creature (so you hopefully won't need to stall) or removal (to get rid of the creature your Wall is blocking). Unless you're running a Wall theme deck - which can be done, and I have such a deck posted somewhere around here.

Don't use the Mind Rots, mostly because you don't have a strong discard component that I can see. Mind Rots aren't useful outside of discard based decks in my experience.

Your removal doesn't look too bad, considering your mana base. If possible, I'd try to get one or two more white removal spells to handle the black creatures that might come your way. To fit them in, cut some of the one of spells. Dark Favor and Mark of the Vampire are the likely suspects to me; if one of them buffs your creatures, drop that one. If both do, drop the one with the highest CMC.
Did you know that Diedrich means "Ruler of the People" which is true because I am president of Gaia forever? I like that, I do! OK bye, my minions!

Versatile Wolf

10,050 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Popular Thread 100
LiaThistle

thanks for the advice i still need more destruction card but hopefully my second tookkit box will have what i need and i took out the wall for another accursed spirit.. and President Diedrich posted in my forum wow thats an honor lol

Commander in Chief

Nero Stark
LiaThistle

thanks for the advice i still need more destruction card but hopefully my second tookkit box will have what i need and i took out the wall for another accursed spirit.. and President Diedrich posted in my forum wow thats an honor lol
Did you know that if you are a human that you are about to be taken over by animals on my birthday and we might boop you on the nose with a paper if you get out of control? Ok, have a gift and byebye!

Versatile Wolf

10,050 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Enduring Hunter

Unfortunately there's not much I like in this deck. I like thrill-kill assassin and celestial flare in the main board, and doom blade is a sideboard card. That about all I like about it. The other problem I see is consistency issues, too many one of's to ever be consistent.

Versatile Wolf

10,050 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Popular Thread 100
GamerAce91

i know i have alot of one's but you have to see it from my view this deck is a mixer of cards i got from the water labyrinth intro deck and the bestial wrath intro deck put together with a few from the toolkit box i didnt get much from the intro pack box so i'm working with what i got.. and reason i'm asking for help i have a tournament in two days now and i feel this deck wont hold up against pros

Enduring Hunter

Nero Stark
GamerAce91

i know i have alot of one's but you have to see it from my view this deck is a mixer of cards i got from the water labyrinth intro deck and the bestial wrath intro deck put together with a few from the toolkit box i didnt get much from the intro pack box so i'm working with what i got.. and reason i'm asking for help i have a tournament in two days now and i feel this deck wont hold up against pros

Starting out with an intro deck is irrelevant, I can build you a very good black/red aggro deck without any rares in it. The only thing is that you have to buy the good commons and uncommons. It might be a better decision to draft though.

Versatile Wolf

10,050 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Popular Thread 100
GamerAce91
Nero Stark
GamerAce91

Starting out with an intro deck is irrelevant, I can build you a very good black/red aggro deck without any rares in it. The only thing is that you have to buy the good commons and uncommons. It might be a better decision to draft though.

true but i just dont have the cards right now to build a strong deck as for the drafting tournament the store i go to odes that every 2 week they alternate between draft and standard tournament and so happen this week is standard
well since it's only 2 colors, you can prob make do without, but is there a reason you're not running duo-lands?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff