Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Darling

Requiem ex Inferni
Moving into a creature's threatened square doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity unless you're moving into it from another square that same creature threatens (since you're technically moving out of a threatened square to do so, which does provoke an attack of opportunity), so they wouldn't get one regardless.

Even if it did, rules as written say a creature gets attacks of opportunity in all of its threatened squares, no matter what direction it's facing or what's going on in front of it (like a big angry man with a battleaxe trying to cleave its skull in two), so were it able to make that attack of opportunity, it would get it against the flanking character. However, DMs have final say on something, so they are always free to change how it works.

Ah, alright. I think I understand.
I'll pass this on to the two of them and they can decide between them.

But yeah. I'll suggest they just do it the different ways depending on who's DMing. I've said that in the past, but they can't get over deciding which of them is right. rolleyes But according to you, I think they're both kind of wrong. x)
Does anyone know of any official/third-party (not home brew) way to to play a beholder (or beholderkin)?
dose any one of any third party or homebrew feats or prestige classes for warmage?

Eloquent Streaker

A question regarding Pathfinder - incorporeal targets, such as ghosts and banshees, take half damage from energy effects that aren't force effects, and magical weapons that lack the ghost touch property. Does this apply to positive energy effects that originate from a corporeal source as well (such as Lay on Hands or touching them with a cure spell)?

I ask because in the last session I played running a Paladin, the DM claimed that while my Channel Positive Energy ability affected incorporeal undead normally, Lay on Hands only dealt half damage because it "originated from a corporeal source".

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Requiem ex Inferni
A question regarding Pathfinder - incorporeal targets, such as ghosts and banshees, take half damage from energy effects that aren't force effects, and magical weapons that lack the ghost touch property. Does this apply to positive energy effects that originate from a corporeal source as well (such as Lay on Hands or touching them with a cure spell)?

I ask because in the last session I played running a Paladin, the DM claimed that while my Channel Positive Energy ability affected incorporeal undead normally, Lay on Hands only dealt half damage because it "originated from a corporeal source".

Calling bullshit on this one. Lay on Hands channels positive energy. If he wants to play that rule he should also rule that the Channelling ability also does half damage because it's from a corporeal source (I.E.: You).

http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9p08
Paizo would agree with me on this one it seems.

What he may do is roll a melee attack roll vs touch AC followed by a miss chance to see if you can get your hands on the incorporeal target as is usual for any attack that isn't force since you are using it as a touch attack. That's how I'd run lay on hands or any other ability that requires touching an incorporeal foe if I was the DM because you have to be able to touch the target in order to get the ability going. If you missed, you'd still lose the usage as normal.

I'd run the same thing for corporeal foes as a melee attack roll vs touch AC.
Can any one help me decided on what items to fill my body slots with

so far I have the following items in the following slots

1 Head: currently nothing
2 face: currently nothing
3 torso: currently nothing
4 throat currently nothing
5 body currently has +2 mithiral fullplate
6 waist currently has a third party item called a potion belt
7 shoulders currently have cloak of the salamander
8 hands have no gloves but two rings a ring of sustenance and a ring off defense +2
9 feet currently have boots of speed
10 arms currently have bracers of arcane freedom

has for weapons I use a +3 cold iron acidic spell storing great sword

My classes are warmage/duskblade this is a gestalt game. were currently at level 7 and I have a sum of 90000 gp on hand
I am the main damage dealer in the party and would like the items to keep me on my game.
Weapon of Lass Seduction
Does anyone know of any official/third-party (not home brew) way to to play a beholder (or beholderkin)?

Look up the book Bastards and Bloodlines, it's 3rd party and I believe there's a template for half-beholders.
Crazy Judit
dose any one of any third party or homebrew feats or prestige classes for warmage?

If you're looking for purely optimization, there's a few first party prestige classes that help out Warmages a great deal, most notable is the Rainbow Servant, which lets you cast cleric spells spontaneously.
Crazy Judit

8 hands have no gloves but two rings a ring of sustenance and a ring off defense +2

My classes are warmage/duskblade this is a gestalt game. were currently at level 7 and I have a sum of 90000 gp on hand
I am the main damage dealer in the party and would like the items to keep me on my game.

You have a lot of gold to blow, get some gloves to boost Str (with the amount you have, you can jump right to +6) and a circlet to boost Int (also at +6). Don't forget, you can also wield a Buckler while Two Handed Fighting, it's a small defense boost, but opens you up to some neat shield abilities.
Part Time Weeaboo
Crazy Judit

You have a lot of gold to blow, get some gloves to boost Str (with the amount you have, you can jump right to +6) and a circlet to boost Int (also at +6). Don't forget, you can also wield a Buckler while Two Handed Fighting, it's a small defense boost, but opens you up to some neat shield abilities.

so wait even though i have both hands on my greatsword i can still use a buckler ?
Crazy Judit
Part Time Weeaboo
Crazy Judit

so wait even though i have both hands on my greatsword i can still use a buckler ?

A buckler is established to leave your hand open, so yes.
Crazy Judit
Part Time Weeaboo
Crazy Judit

a buckler leaves your hand free. it applies it's bonus when you do not use your off hand to attack. it's good for two handers, but not dual wielders, since dual wielding will lose the buckler defense.

Original Gaian

Harlequin Hearted
Requiem ex Inferni
Moving into a creature's threatened square doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity unless you're moving into it from another square that same creature threatens (since you're technically moving out of a threatened square to do so, which does provoke an attack of opportunity), so they wouldn't get one regardless.

Even if it did, rules as written say a creature gets attacks of opportunity in all of its threatened squares, no matter what direction it's facing or what's going on in front of it (like a big angry man with a battleaxe trying to cleave its skull in two), so were it able to make that attack of opportunity, it would get it against the flanking character. However, DMs have final say on something, so they are always free to change how it works.

Ah, alright. I think I understand.
I'll pass this on to the two of them and they can decide between them.

But yeah. I'll suggest they just do it the different ways depending on who's DMing. I've said that in the past, but they can't get over deciding which of them is right. rolleyes But according to you, I think they're both kind of wrong. x)

Just an extension to this:
Normally, unless a creature is 3+ size categories larger or smaller, you cannot move THROUGH an enemy's squares unless the enemy is treated as helpless. Grappling temporarily makes it so both creatures [pc and mob] share the same spaces, but when the grapple ends, they move out of each other's space.

HOWEVER: If you are tiny sized or smaller [and thus have a reach of 0 ft.] then you must enter the enemy's space to be able to attack them [with a melee weapon]. Doing this will provoke an attack of opportunity.

The "tiny or smaller' part is likely where your DM friends were making the mistake.

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Crazy Judit
Part Time Weeaboo
Crazy Judit

Yes but you suffer a -1 penalty to your BAB

Buckler: This small metal shield is worn strapped to your forearm. You can use a bow or crossbow without penalty while carrying it. You can also use your shield arm to wield a weapon (whether you are using an off-hand weapon or using your off hand to help wield a two-handed weapon), but you take a –1 penalty on attack rolls while doing so. This penalty stacks with those that may apply for fighting with your off hand and for fighting with two weapons. In any case, if you use a weapon in your off hand, you lose the buckler's AC bonus until your next turn. You can cast a spell with somatic components using your shield arm, but you lose the buckler's AC bonus until your next turn. You can't make a shield bash with a buckler.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff